PDA

View Full Version : Texas will be upset.. in Little Rock

Brutalis
03-18-2008, 02:27 AM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2008/03/17/barnes_to_arkan.html

You realize how many that got stirred? You guys will be playing the crowd, the refs, and a team with a dream.

I won't be attending however, I don't want to be accused of throwing shit or harassing a single player when thousands other will be for that sole purpose.

Just saying, you guys got a tough task on your hands here. You guys are playing AP and a bunch of pissed off folks.

:lol
:lmao

Herschel Walker
03-18-2008, 07:57 AM
The team won in Pauley, Norman, and Manhattan in hostile environments against better competition. This shit gets overblown. Its a big deal for fans but doesn't mean much to players. 5 on 5 no matter where you play.

Ignignokt
03-18-2008, 08:07 AM
gay

Go Horns.

johngateswhiteley
03-18-2008, 08:21 AM
...hmm, i think t.u. makes it to at least the elite 8.

Kermit
03-18-2008, 01:33 PM
After reading that blog, both Rick Barnes and the Razorback brass are acting like pussies. You hate each other. The fans hate each other. Grow a hairy sack. Crying like children because you got booed on the other's court is childlike.

Jimcs50
03-18-2008, 02:12 PM

I have them in Final 4 actually

tlongII
03-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I have them in Final 4 actually

You ain't gonna win your pool.

degenerate_gambler
03-18-2008, 03:26 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2008/03/17/barnes_to_arkan.html

You realize how many that got stirred? You guys will be playing the crowd, the refs, and a team with a dream.

I won't be attending however, I don't want to be accused of throwing shit or harassing a single player when thousands other will be for that sole purpose.

Just saying, you guys got a tough task on your hands here. You guys are playing AP and a bunch of pissed off folks.

:lol
:lmao

Barnes is the ultimate comedian. Some of you need to learn to take a joke. Do you really think he is scared to play in Arkansas? The man is trying to schedule a game AT NORTH CAROLINA, where he happens to be more hated than Coach K, so forgive me if I think he doesn't give two shits about Arkie.

StylisticS
03-18-2008, 08:49 PM
If you know Rick Barnes, you'd know he likes to kid around. As he did last week with Alexis and the press. He's joked around with the press with PJ Tucker and TJ Ford.

johngateswhiteley
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM

hmm, i shouldn't have said 'at least'...i have them making the elite 8, but no further.

degenerate_gambler
03-19-2008, 08:58 AM
If you know Rick Barnes, you'd know he likes to kid around. As he did last week with Alexis and the press. He's joked around with the press with PJ Tucker and TJ Ford.

goofy piggie fan's logic is classic...

'our team doesn't have a chance in hell again this year, so let's all go buy up some tickets to the games in LR so we can boo the big bad mighty Longhorns when they play Fri & Sun....yeah we'll get 'em back for '95.'

Doug Collins
03-19-2008, 11:16 AM
goofy piggie fan's logic is classic...

'our team doesn't have a chance in hell again this year, so let's all go buy up some tickets to the games in LR so we can boo the big bad mighty Longhorns when they play Fri & Sun....yeah we'll get 'em back for '95.'

It's called an inferiority complex.

Brutalis
03-19-2008, 03:51 PM
After reading that blog, both Rick Barnes and the Razorback brass are acting like pussies. You hate each other. The fans hate each other. Grow a hairy sack. Crying like children because you got booed on the other's court is childlike.
Good post.

Arkansas fans are jumping over their mothers having a heat stroke to attack a Horn fan, meanwhile some friend tootsie roll Longhorn fan is pretending he is deaf at a rock show to avoid a Hogs fan.

Idiots man. I am so glad I was born in 84 and was too young to give a shit about Texas.

Brutalis
03-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Barnes is the ultimate comedian. Some of you need to learn to take a joke. Do you really think he is scared to play in Arkansas? The man is trying to schedule a game AT NORTH CAROLINA, where he happens to be more hated than Coach K, so forgive me if I think he doesn't give two shits about Arkie.
I watched it on the fucking news you god damn tool. He was being as sarcastic as when Clinton said, "I'm sorry, I lied."

Go watch it or do I need to link you? Even if he is trying to be funny that was the dumbest fucking joke to tell in the middle of a red pool in the heart of it's state.

Fuck use your damn brain before you go starting shit asshole. The joke was Texas will be upset, get it? Aha? I'm sure a bunch of dumbass fans will not make Texas lose, just like yours didn't back when we owned shit in 1995, for two games. It was jealousy then, it's jealousy now, I get it. But both sides are fucking stupid.

And what happened to the fucking TX/AR game it got removed from Hogwired.com I just noticed. Did Texas back out again?

Brutalis
03-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Geez the ego on some of you Texas fans is sickening. You literally hate everyone.

Arkansas has millions too, and a lot of them are stupid. But fuck. Homer much.

UT09
03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I think Arkie backed out playa, finalized the deal with aTm to play in jerry world starting in 09.

Brutalis
03-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah I looked it up and it appears Patrino wants aTm.

Why though? I'd rather take the big dog than it's little brother.

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I am so glad I was born in 84 and was too young to give a shit about Texas.

that explains a lot. i thought you were 35+ and illiterate, now i know you are just young and uneducated...typical.

Brutalis
03-19-2008, 08:23 PM
And you are how old?

Smooth captain.

degenerate_gambler
03-20-2008, 08:46 AM
I watched it on the fucking news you god damn tool. He was being as sarcastic as when Clinton said, "I'm sorry, I lied."

Go watch it or do I need to link you? Even if he is trying to be funny that was the dumbest fucking joke to tell in the middle of a red pool in the heart of it's state.

Fuck use your damn brain before you go starting shit asshole. The joke was Texas will be upset, get it? Aha? I'm sure a bunch of dumbass fans will not make Texas lose, just like yours didn't back when we owned shit in 1995, for two games. It was jealousy then, it's jealousy now, I get it. But both sides are fucking stupid.

And what happened to the fucking TX/AR game it got removed from Hogwired.com I just noticed. Did Texas back out again?

I'll spell it out for you moron...

Now that UT has that 2 seed in the South, everyone is talking about the Horns in Houston. The problem with that is Texas has to win 2 games to get to H-town. Barnes doesn't want his team to think they get to Houston automatically, just because they are the #2 seed. When they come out for warm-ups on Friday and start hearing the boos, it should help them remember they have to play their way to Houston.

He knows exactly what he's doing. He and Gail Goestenkors (womens coach) both talked on Sportsline in an interview recently about keeping your team focused. They said that when you have a highly-seeded team, one of the biggest challenges is getting the players to remember that you still have to win games to advance. You can be the highest #1 seed in the tournament, but if you lose your first round game, you're done. Your season is over.

You aren't too bright are you? You'd probably be better off cheering for the Nuggets or the Bulls.

Doug Collins
03-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Geez the ego on some of you Texas fans is sickening. You literally hate everyone.

Arkansas has millions too, and a lot of them are stupid. But fuck. Homer much.

Do you ever stop bitching?

MajorMike
03-20-2008, 11:40 AM
If UT gets upset in LR it will be because the room service sucked, not because they lost a game.

Brutalis
03-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I'll spell it out for you moron...

Now that UT has that 2 seed in the South, everyone is talking about the Horns in Houston. The problem with that is Texas has to win 2 games to get to H-town. Barnes doesn't want his team to think they get to Houston automatically, just because they are the #2 seed. When they come out for warm-ups on Friday and start hearing the boos, it should help them remember they have to play their way to Houston.

He knows exactly what he's doing. He and Gail Goestenkors (womens coach) both talked on Sportsline in an interview recently about keeping your team focused. They said that when you have a highly-seeded team, one of the biggest challenges is getting the players to remember that you still have to win games to advance. You can be the highest #1 seed in the tournament, but if you lose your first round game, you're done. Your season is over.

You aren't too bright are you? You'd probably be better off cheering for the Nuggets or the Bulls.

And that's bright? You wouldn't know bright if a light bulb exploded in your retina.

This is got me rolling. Dude saying you're not so bright, ahaha, and you just explained if you lose in the tourney, you're season is over.. lmao.. nooo wayyy realllyyyy.

And whatever you "spelled out" had shit to do with what I was saying. I could give two shits about how your Horns prepare you god damn genius. The hell is wrong buddy, those nerve endings stop firing when you began to post?

You blow up at me, then should wonder to yourself, who cares.. you should take a thread for it's purpose and start over sweetheart.

Brutalis
03-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Do you ever stop bitching?
Not when you post a sarcastic thread and it actually gets a rise out of some of you like I'm serious Texas is losing.

On top of that, you starting shit with me every chance you get is old. Especially on your second user name.

When I first came around a few years ago people got the hint I kid around a lot, and being a Hog fan I don't have anything against Texas. Then you get a new name, some other dickheads start posting and ride my coat tails ever more.

When you're on bottom you don't get to pick. You will learn that eventually.

leemajors
03-20-2008, 05:59 PM
craig way explained the whole conference call all week on the radio. it was tongue in cheek.