PDA

View Full Version : Has a team ever won a title then failed to make the playoffs the next year?

Jayem
03-18-2008, 11:37 AM
:cry

midgetonadonkey
03-18-2008, 11:38 AM
pussy

bdictjames
03-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I think 3 teams did it.

Dont worry. When the Spurs win, you'll be happy again right?

mexicanjunior
03-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I think 3 teams did it.

Dont worry. When the Spurs win, you'll be happy again right?

At this point, they could win out the rest of the season and it wouldn't show me anything after this stretch. They will need a miracle to get out of the first round, looks like Horry will have his streak broken...

2Cleva
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Only 1 team fits the criteria - post-Jordan Bulls.

Jayem
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
it was real funny seeing the two finals teams go out in the first round last year. but at least they made the playoffs! we could very will miss making the playoffs this year. the spurs have been that awful. i know our chances of winning it all was over when all these other teams got better but i still thought we could make it to the 2nd round. now we might not even make it in!

ThomasGranger
03-18-2008, 11:58 AM
"COME AND TAKE IT"?

Shit, man, if you're going to call it quits already you might as just well change the pic to read "here, you can have it" instead.

Gino
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
The Bulls.

hater
03-18-2008, 12:03 PM
This western conference is like nothing before. there has never been competition like this so you cannot compare this year with any previous year.

and yeah, I would not be shocked if SPurs don't make the playoffs. Our coming up schedule is brutal

xmas1997
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I would be very very surprised if the Spurs don't make the playoffs.

And once in, even with maybe the 8th seed, I expect them to kick ass and take names.

As has been said before, this year is the most unusual year ever in the WC, historical, and a 1 seed is as good as an 9 seed with only 8 chairs to sit in, one of them will be left to seek consolation in the lottery.

This is a fantastic exciting time for basketball in general with no clear cut favorite,
but I'll take the Spurs old Vets over any of them as long as they can stay healthy, get in and play "team" basketball.

Go Old Men Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Body
03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
In order to not make the playoffs, Denver will have to get in. They are 3 losses back and have a tough schedule; are also very inconsistent. The Spurs are closer to the #1 seed to #9, and it essentially means Denver needs to recoup those losses, play very high ball, and the Spurs have to drop at least 3 the rest of the way. While I'm sure they'll lose at least 3, they have an easier few games coming up. But if they stumble there, their confidence may go completely in the crapper and may drop out.

ShoogarBear
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Only 1 team fits the criteria - post-Jordan Bulls.Post-Russell Celtics.

1Parker1
03-18-2008, 12:53 PM
:lol Well, considering the defending champs last year, the Miami Heat, got swept in 4 straight games the first round by a young, inexperienced Bulls team, they may as well count as having failed to make the playoffs...:lol

K-State Spur
03-18-2008, 12:57 PM
At this point, they could win out the rest of the season and it wouldn't show me anything after this stretch. They will need a miracle to get out of the first round, looks like Horry will have his streak broken...

not a miracle, they'll just have to play better. we've been so spoiled by this team for the past decade that we've forgotten what a true rough stretch looks like (losing a couple of games in december to teams that should have been beaten in the past was never a real rough stretch).

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-18-2008, 12:59 PM
The Bulls.
That doesn't really count since the whole championship team 'itself' was dismantled.

I think Miami qualifies as the most recent debacle.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-18-2008, 01:48 PM
pussy

manufor3
03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
wow so many whiners...
BELIEVE PEOPLE

Extra Stout
03-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Jayem needs to be pinked.

GrandeDavid
03-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Try the Spurs around 2013, after they've won their 6th championship or so.

m33p0
03-18-2008, 06:52 PM
do not fret. Bones will return and save us from mediocrity.

at any rate, you will have to count on the nuggets to make it to the playoffs.