PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs slump is about age, not mental like the Spurs would want you to believe

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Playing well in only in the 1st half, blowing leads....

these are things associated with age, LMAO @ Bowen talking about not knowing how to finish games and Horry saying they are not playing smart ball, this squad has won 3/5 titles, no one with a brain is buying that shit

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-18-2008, 03:46 PM
This really needed a new thread.

duncan228
03-18-2008, 03:46 PM
More doom and gloom.

samikeyp
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM

these are things associated with age, LMAO @ Bowen talking about not knowing how to finish games and Horry saying they are now playing smart ball, this squad has won 3/5 titles, no one with a brain is buying that shit

Word for word from Rome's show today.

Nice originality! :tu

:lol

Leetonidas
03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
No, it's all mental. It's not like we have 40 year old fogies playing on our team who are in danger of falling over and breaking their hips. Get real dude, professional athletes, especially those who play for teams with high standards such as the Spurs, are in better physical shape than 95% of Earth's population.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Word for word from Rome's show today.

Nice originality! :tu

:lol

he stated the obvious, and I thought it was worth pointing out

LMAO @ you thinking what he said was original

vander
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
it's a good thing you gave this thought you had it's own thread, otherwise it might not have reached as many people

:soapbox:

Mr. Body
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Old Person Thread!

The Nba Is Rigged
03-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Why do people keep making foolish threads? They won the Nba Championship just a couple of months ago, They may be old but not too old to be successful

jag
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM

these are things associated with age, LMAO @ Bowen talking about not knowing how to finish games and Horry saying they are not playing smart ball, this squad has won 3/5 titles, no one with a brain is buying that shit

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/3/18/t_Dogjumpscarm_92e57ae.gif

...Fail

samikeyp
03-18-2008, 03:57 PM
he stated the obvious, and I thought it was worth pointing out

LMAO @ you thinking what he said was original

I was laughing at you, not Rome.

Like now... :lol

ancestron
03-18-2008, 03:57 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/GTFO-1.jpg

vander
03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/3/18/t_Dogjumpscarm_92e57ae.gif

:rollin

Mr. Body
03-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Dude, where do I get that vid of the dogs?

jag
03-18-2008, 04:08 PM
haha i honestly dont remember where i got it from. I saw it a long time ago and just saved it to my comp.

smeagol
03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
haha i honestly dont remember where i got it from. I saw it a long time ago and just saved it to my comp.

That video is the only thing that makes this thread interesting.

Gino
03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
That video made me sick...am I the only dog lover here?

Poor dog :(

vander
03-18-2008, 04:20 PM

it wasn't thrown out the window, that Dog was exercising free will :lol

DarrinS
03-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Dude, where do I get that vid of the dogs?

Michael Vick home movie.

jag
03-18-2008, 04:22 PM

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/TheCoupMagazine/-1-2.jpg

No

nkdlunch
03-18-2008, 04:23 PM
dog? I thought it was spursdynasty jumping off the wagon

manufor3
03-18-2008, 04:24 PM
why can't i post this picture?

thispego
03-18-2008, 04:34 PM
goddamnit what the fuck is this fucking shit. i swear to god if this doesn't get deleted by the time i get back (15 minutes) I am going to raise all kinds of shit in here. I swear to fucking god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thispego
03-18-2008, 04:55 PM
fuck This Bullshit

sabar
03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I never expected this thread from this user. What a shock!

Dex
03-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Every one of these threads makes me feel better and better about our chances.

remingtonbo2001
03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
fuck This Bullshit

That's it? That's the best you can do?

And I though you were going to burn the place down. :depressed

thispego
03-18-2008, 05:14 PM

oh i'm cooking something up

vander
03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
oh i'm cooking something up

crash the servers!!!!! :cooldevil the mob over at digg might be able to help

Russ
03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
these are things associated with age, LMAO @
I don't buy the conventional wisdom about the Spurs and age. It's a truism that sounds good but doesn't withstand scrutiny.

To put it bluntly, I can't recall the last time any team lost a playoff series because of age, i.e., they were "too old" and wore down.

On the other hand, I can think of many examples of teams losing a playoff series because they were "too young" and lacked experience and playoff saavy.

The simple fact is, old teams overachieve in the playoffs and young teams underachieve. Period.

No young team ever wins the NBA title. Ever.

In fact, the last two teams to win the title were percieved as too old and "washed up," i.e., the Miami Heat and the Spurs.

Which brings us to another point: when high caliber teams get too old, they don't show it by losing in the playoffs -- they do it before that and miss (or barely make) the playoffs in the first place.

In other words, teams that are going to fall apart due to age don't do it in the playoffs.

Playoff basketball is as much a game of nerve and will as or athletics. Older and more accomplished players may be more afraid of failure than younger players. If the Hornets lose in the playoffs they'll be disappointed, the Spurs know that it will be disastrous and they will do anything to avoid that feeling. "Appropriate fear," as Pop would say. Mental toughness is not about bravado, it's about the opposite -- fear of failure. That's why old teams can call upon much more in pressure situations than young teams.

In other words, the Spurs may lose this year, but not because they're too old. And if they do lose, it likely won't be a collapse but rather a close, hard-fought loss that could've gone either way, like '04 or '06. And it will signal an inevitable decline just like those two losses did. In other words, not at all (except to the pundits).

The Spurs have been called "too old" since 2000. Every year. And they still have a few more years of being "too old" and, probably, another ring or two (or three).

DAINTX
03-19-2008, 12:43 AM
What the hell is wrong with some of you dickheads? I'll tell you what, I'll throw YOU out of a moving vehicle, tape it, and post on here so people can really get a big laugh! Email me if you're interested because it would not be a problem for me to do it.

midgetonadonkey
03-19-2008, 12:48 AM

Don't fuck with the V-Town crew. They almost shut shit down permanently when their team, UT, won in 2005. Just imagine what they can do when they are pissed.

dbreiden83080
03-19-2008, 12:55 AM
They have a month here to right the ship. They don't have to be red hot heading into the playoffs they just need to be on a decent roll and most importantly of all healthy. They get Barry back soon, Thomas is still learning the ropes, Timmy to me looks dog ass tired thanks to this shitty March schedule but that is over with now. They have some tough games ahead but mostly with time off. I think they are going to bounce back. I will never lose faith in Tim Duncan, NEVER. He will find a way to get this ship pointed in the right direction.

Rummpd
03-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Age = wisdom.

Also Suns and Dallas and Celtics also old teams. Gimme a break.

Cherry
03-19-2008, 09:12 AM

that made me :lol and then :(

phyzik
03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
What the hell is wrong with some of you dickheads? I'll tell you what, I'll throw YOU out of a moving vehicle, tape it, and post on here so people can really get a big laugh! Email me if you're interested because it would not be a problem for me to do it.

umm... the dog wasnt thrown.... It jumped of its own free will.... dickhead.

703 Spurz
03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Another douchebag thread from the premiere douchebag of the site. Yippy

WalterBenitez
03-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Age = wisdom.

Also Suns and Dallas and Celtics also old teams. Gimme a break.

My grandma is also wisdom, but that doesn't count in BBall .. you also need energy + system...

We are old and POP sometimes sucks.

peacemaker885
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
it wasn't thrown out the window, that Dog was exercising free will :lol

tsk..one of a dog's instinct is to jump. Whether its happy to see you home or when its playing or when its on a car. This is exactly why the best way to transport a dog is with a crate/kennel. That is terrible...the dogs don't know better, this is why there's humans to train them. Unfortunately there are some so who enjoy seeing things like these maybe because it makes them look smarter than the dog.

InK
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
This vid is exactly why people LOVE dogs, they make stupid look so good. Awesome dog.

But ye, very poor puppy, mean nasty people left the doors open. To PETA, i shall go.

41times
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
No, it's all mental. It's not like we have 40 year old fogies playing on our team who are in danger of falling over and breaking their hips. Get real dude, professional athletes, especially those who play for teams with high standards such as the Spurs, are in better physical shape than 95% of Earth's population.

Maybe so, but unfortunately they are playing that other 5% of the population every single night.

The NBA is a youthful game. And if you are one of the oldest teams in the league and you are playing 18 games in 30 days you are tired. period.

There is no shame in that. It is what it is. The Spurs problem is that other good teams in the West are younger. So maybe they can withstand the rigors of the schedule slightly better?

The slump is about age and if it weren't then Pop would'nt be giving them a break for 3 days with film sessions and shoot arounds. He would be working their ass.

All the Spurs need is a few more days off and they will be okay.

InK
03-19-2008, 01:35 PM
The NBA is a youthful game.

Classic take :king

Agree with the rest though, and saying this team is over the hill at its core, is saying Timmy is done. Which equals to utter crap.