PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome

CubanSucks
03-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I turned it to ESPN and Rome was on. In the beginning when it has the subjects on the left side the Spurs logo was on but just missed it. Wonder if anyone had seen what him and all his wisdom had to say about the team.

samikeyp
03-18-2008, 03:58 PM
He basically said they were old and done.

jag
03-18-2008, 04:02 PM
He basically said they were old and done.

The discussion was actually that everyone else had caught up to the Spurs (as far as talent is concerned) and that the playoffs will show what the Spurs are really made of.

CubanSucks
03-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Thought he might say that. He said the same thing when we were sucking ass earlier this year but he didn't say a word when we won 11 in a row.

SenorSpur
03-18-2008, 04:15 PM
From what I've seen this season, Rome aint got no love the Spurs.

Korny Earl
03-18-2008, 04:20 PM
"their problem is not between their ears, its on the calender" Jim Rome.

timmo
03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Rome is a wanker.

SenorSpur
03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Sure he's a wanker, but there is truth in his statements. I just don't want HIM saying it.

Indazone
03-18-2008, 06:02 PM
He's in LA what do you expect?

Spurs rock
03-18-2008, 06:09 PM
He's just being honest.

Brutalis
03-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Rome is a Lakers fan, has never liked the Spurs and will never say something surely disrespectful, he rather dances around it every day.

GrandeDavid
03-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Rome would never cap too hard on the Spurs, he's too big of a Manu and Bowen fan.

BonnerDynasty
03-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Didn't he praise the Spurs when he had Manu on that day?

Let everyone count them out. Big fucking deal. That's life. Nothing new. They'll either prove them right or wrong soon enough.

Herschel Walker
03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
They are old. That doesn't mean they won't be able to rattle of 16 wins come playoffs.

Also, the rest of the league has had more talented teams than the Spurs for a while. The Spurs have always been the best at executing as a team.

dallaskd
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
At least ESPN is talking about the spurs.

GrandeDavid
03-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Duncan, Manu and Parker aren't old. That's the heart, the engine of the team. The other guys will step up in the playoffs.

Korny Earl
03-18-2008, 07:06 PM
yeah but duncan is always injured prone. manu does have a bald spot comin up lmfao.. and parker is full of himself..

Behrooz24
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ODW9JUaFQ

Q-ODW9JUaFQ

T Park
03-18-2008, 07:27 PM
:yawn

Jim Rome is to sports as what Michael Moore is to politics.

Insignificant dumbfucks.

Shaolin-Style
03-18-2008, 07:42 PM
The guys been saying "Your dynasty is over" for a while now, and this whole "age" thing is overplayed.

Theres several REAL factors.

1.Michael Finley's horrendous slump
2.Adjusting to new players/experimenting with lineups
3.A tougher than normal schedule with many back to backs(Okay get one to Rome, age might play more into this)

Yet like any other analyst he doesn't give the spurs any hope of redemption, you know, how Duncan goes batshit when the playoffs start, when the Spurs play their REALLY real ball, Barry's iminent return and how it will potentially improve the spurs since he was playing great before the injury, and getting players such as Thomas settled in(you know hes not completely yet)

Budkin
03-18-2008, 09:34 PM
I think Rome is funny myself, but I don't take any Sportstalk radio all that seriously.

Tigole Bitties
03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
pffft...so Sam Cassell isn't old?

suck it, Rome.

Jim Everett needs to smack him back to the stone age again

bdictjames
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Bullshit.

Rome is clearly the worst of all ESPN announcers with Wilbon being second. Why do these two still have jobs is beyond me.

CubanSucks
03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
At least ESPN is talking about the spurs.
Yeah, and you know how the Spurs and their fans crave the attention of ESPN :rolleyes I could care less if ESPN talks about my team.

21_Blessings
03-18-2008, 11:50 PM
He's just being honest.

:toast

Korny Earl
03-19-2008, 12:52 AM
yeah i agree jim rome is a tool .. most if not all the time, but hes not wrong.. hes sayin the same played out bullshit, but so are nearly all of the members here right. if 98% of the people here had a damn tv show they'd be singin the same tune. but more profanity.

MrChug
03-19-2008, 01:13 AM
They are old. That doesn't mean they won't be able to rattle of 16 wins come playoffs.

Also, the rest of the league has had more talented teams than the Spurs for a while. The Spurs have always been the best at executing as a team.

Well said.

whottt
03-19-2008, 02:12 AM
Rome would never cap too hard on the Spurs, he's too big of a Manu and Bowen fan.

He's the guy that stuck the nickname of, "the little Mermaid" on David Robinson.

Jim Rome is the original big media Spur hater. He just hasn't hated on them in recent years because he got tired of being made a fool of.

BIG z
03-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Jime Rome is a dumb as he think he's all cool, i hat the guy.. Watch this link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

CubanSucks
03-19-2008, 04:27 AM
He's the guy that stuck the nickname of, "the little Mermaid" on David Robinson.
WHAT!"The Little Mermaid", now that pisses me off more than anything else he's done. How can a little desk jockey non-athletic pussy like Rome hate on Big Dave.

romsho
03-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Rome is the King of declaring shit way too early. If crow were actually food, this guy would have black feathers stuck to his goatee from all the worthless predictions he has made over time. Most of the time it comes back to bite him in the ass, but he is too much of a pussy to admit as much. Honestly, I think his show is entertaining, but he should get out of the prediction business...he sucks at it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Listen to what he says: "you problems is in your legs... it's age".

Spot on the money, sadly.

:depressed

kskonn
03-19-2008, 11:35 AM
yeah but duncan is always injured prone. manu does have a bald spot comin up lmfao.. and parker is full of himself..

what are you basing duncan being injury prone on? He has been incredibly reliable his entire carreer? 1 knee injury at a bad time, and one ankle injury in a season that led the spurs to the championship!!! For a big man Duncan has been incredibly reliable, Robinson missed a lot more games than duncan, Most dominant big men are injured a lot more than Duncan. If I had to guess duncan has probably missed about 40 games from injury in his carreer, that is amazing.

Bald spots don't affect you play on the court, and not really sure what you mean by parker being full of himself, I have never seen anything he has done that gives me this vibe. You probably just don't like him.

kskonn
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Listen to what he says: "you problems is in your legs... it's age".

Spot on the money, sadly.

:depressed

Yea he is right, however I think most teams going through the stretch the spurs just went through would falter. They not only played a ton of back to backs but they also played really good teams. It is hard to stay hot just facing one of those challenges, but facing both makes it very difficult for a team that needs rest between games. It does not stop either, I think they have 5 games in 7 days coming up, It will be interesting to see how the two days of rest helps the team.

dmac
03-19-2008, 03:00 PM
pffft...so Sam Cassell isn't old?...
not in Venutian years.

:downspin: