PDA

View Full Version : Pop vs Manu

moneyFrom3
03-18-2008, 06:04 PM
I was at the game last night. My observations about this game and the recent Spurs losing streak: the Spurs' D isn't what it used to be. They are a step slow and they show it against teams that are younger and more athletic. They aren't rotating quickly enough, hence the open threes that Boston got near the end of the game. Tim guarded the paint with a vengeance but their perimeter D was slow and gave the Celts open looks that they knocked down too many times. You see this time and time again in their losses. Cassell ate Vaughn for lunch. He single-handedly got Boston back in the game. Udoka should have been put in to defend him. Pop's mistake. Finley is a bust. The guy is so tentative and has lost much of the confidence he had at Dallas. The crowd cringes whenever he launches a shot. Manu needs more playing time. There was a point last night in the 3rd when Pop benched Manu and you could see his angered reaction. He sat on the bench pissed while the team was all standing in a huddle during a timeout. If the Spurs have any hope of winning games they need Manu in the game for as many minutes as possible. Pop screws up again. Manu gets an A for last night. Parker a B+, Tim a C+, Udoka an A- and Finley an F. They need to get their act together or they will be fighting with the Warriors for the 8th spot.

SenorSpur
03-18-2008, 06:11 PM
For all Pop's jock-sniffing where Vaughn is concerned, he has been getting his hat handed to him on the defensive end, as of late. Stoudamire is even worse. I'll keep saying it, I hardly think Darius Washington could've been any worse on either end than either of these two backup PGs.

I don't agree that Manu needs more PT because he's already worn down. They need another guy who can create his own shot and can score.

To your original point, the Spurs simply do not look like the same team defensively, which is where it all starts for this team.

ChuckD
03-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Manu is burnt to a crisp right now from over playing, and if you couldn't see it in the last few minutes of the 4th, you're blind. We need Barry back so that someone other than Manu and Tony can initiate the offense and be a threat. I sure hope he's kicking ass at the practice facility, is in shape and ready to sign and play on Friday.

kuato
03-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I don't agree that Manu needs more PT because he's already worn down. They need another guy who can create his own shot and can score. --> Scolaaaaaaaa hahahah !! , no seriously, i hope spurs can hire Herrmann next year, he can create his game and score, please Pop ! rescue Herrmann from the Pistons bench.
:drunk

Brutalis
03-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Was our defense so slow or they were just so good?

I want to know when we are really just being over confident or actually ran into a good team.

m33p0
03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Was our defense so slow or they were just so good?

I want to know when we are really just being over confident or actually ran into a good team.
all of the above. :dizzy

spurschick
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't think that Manu was as pissed about his PT as he was about how the game was going.

ducks
03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
manu is dead tired he can not handle more minutes

WalterBenitez
03-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Pop sucks, must be fired!

itzsoweezee
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
it's pointless now. is there really any advantage of getting a 1 seed versus an 8 seed?

i guess home court helps, but i'd rather see all our guys not exhausted for the playoff run. let the other teams play themselves silly for now. no matter where you end up in the west seedings, you've got a really fucking tough playoffs ahead of you. let's not lose sight of the forest for the trees.

rob5
03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd rather have a tired Manu than a half assed Finley anytime.

ALVAREZ6
03-18-2008, 10:09 PM
it's pointless now. is there really any advantage of getting a 1 seed versus an 8 seed?

i guess home court helps, but i'd rather see all our guys not exhausted for the playoff run. let the other teams play themselves silly for now. no matter where you end up in the west seedings, you've got a really fucking tough playoffs ahead of you. let's not lose sight of the forest for the trees.This is true, the 8th seed is the same as the 1st, so fuck it.

But I don't agree with the assumption that if you go into the playoffs after playing your tails off for weeks is a bad thing. Exhaustion is temporary. The extra efforts in the season will pay off in the post season. If the Spurs enter the playoffs in the same rhythm they're in now, they won't go far. They need to be on some sort of a roll.

Budkin
03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Gotta rest Manu while you can... we need him every freaking minute he can play in the playoffs.