PDA

View Full Version : Is this cuntnozzle for real?

Findog
03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Learn to play D Duhmare

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/111602

For the second time in a month, Amaré Stoudemire was named the NBA's Western Conference Player of the Week on Monday - which he thinks is nice and all, thank you very much.

But while his primary focus remains pushing the Suns toward that elusive championship, Stoudemire has much loftier goals on the personal side: As in, player of the year, both conferences, as soon as possible.

And with a résumé that's becoming more impressive and a game that's becoming more polished, he doesn't mind taking time to toot his own horn in between all the jumpers, dunks, rebounds and blocks.

"I don't know what it is. I hear everyone's name being mentioned, as far as top players in the league, and my name isn't up there," Stoudemire said after scoring at least 30 points for the sixth time in his past 13 games in Saturday's win over Sacramento. "It definitely hurts.

"I put in the time and the effort and the work to be an elite player and ... my teammates and coaches notice, even if other people don't notice it."

The signs of improvement are everywhere. His once-erratic 18-foot jumper is now one of the safest bets in the Suns' arsenal. His shot-blocking is now at a high level and his return to the power forward position has allowed him to take his dunking fury up a notch after beating his man on the drive.

Stoudemire ranks among the top six in the NBA in scoring (24.3 points, sixth), field goal percentage (.585, fifth) and blocks (2.22, sixth) - numbers that rose after averaging 31.7 points and 11.3 rebounds (he's now at 9.3 for the year) during Phoenix's current four-game winning streak that led to another weekly nod from the league.

The national media sees Stoudemire's numbers and immediately ties it to the arrival of Shaquille O'Neal - who has allowed his protegee to move back to his natural power forward spot - where he won Rookie of the Year honors five years ago. But Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni says connecting those dots is an injustice to Stoudemire, who won last month's Player of the Week honor while O'Neal was still in street clothes.

"I saw it coming even before (the trade). He was really coming and taking that next step," D'Antoni said. "Amaré was a first-team All-NBA center last year. Now, he has a great jump shot and he's almost unguardable.

"Shaq's presence opens things up even more, yes. But I don't care who's on the floor with him ... I just see him and his game developing to the point where he's just becoming unbelievable."

But on a team with a two-time MVP (Steve Nash) and a world-wide icon (O'Neal), sometimes Stoudemire finds waiting for his own accolades difficult. So he fired his management and publicity representation recently - not the first time he's shaken up his off-the-court team - in the hopes of getting his name into that first breath of NBA mega stars.

Another step forward defensively certainly wouldn't hurt his pleas, although D'Antoni cautions, "His defense is really improving, especially on the perimeter. This is the best I've seen him. Total game - offense, passing, defense - I don't think he's been any better."

So at the ripe old age of 25, Stoudemire feels he just waiting for the world to catch up with him.

"I think I've definitely done things to earn my respect," he said.

"I won Rookie of the Year right out of high school, the first in history to do that. I came back from microfracture (surgery) to be first-team All-NBA - that right there says I'm top five in the league.

"I am the first to give respect to all the great players in the league, from (Kevin) Garnett, to (Tim) Duncan, to Shaq, to Steve, to Kobe (Bryant), and I'm going to keep doing that in the hope that I'll get the same at some point. I'm waiting for my turn."

Findog
03-18-2008, 06:38 PM
I've never heard Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, LeBron James or Kobe Bryant get sand in their vaginas over not getting MVP consideration. Grow up Duhmare.

Pistons < Spurs
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
me, me, me, me, me, me, me wahhhhhhhhhh!

He's a great player. No question. One of the young big men we'll be watching own the league in the next 10 years. But he's also the whiniest, ego driven, self absorbed baby in the League ... well him and Gilbert Arenas. STFU Amare.

Mister Sinister
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, BITCH.

JamStone
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
If it were physically possible, that guy would definitely give himself a blow job.

lurker
03-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Amare is just picking up where Shawn left off. The Suns just aren't the Suns without a whiny bitch of a player who thinks he deserves to be MVP.

Findog
03-18-2008, 06:52 PM
If Amare is wondering why he doesn't get mentioned in the same breath as the league's best players, it's because he's great on only one end of the court. Even Dirk Nowitzki has worked and worked to get to a point to where he's not FUCKING HORRIBLE on defense like Amare is. Dirk will contest shots and he's usually where he's supposed to be.

All you need to know about Amare is from that game against the Pistons: they had a miked up segment with D'Antoni. They show a clip of Rasheed hitting a turnaround jumper over Amare, then seconds later during a timeout, D'Antoni tells him "Don't sweat it. Nobody in the world can guard that shot." Well, that may be true, but Amare didn't do anything at all to contest it. He just stood there like a statue, didn't get his hands up, didn't shuffle his feet, didn't bump him, didn't do anything at all to make the shot harder for Rasheed. And then he's out there in the 4th Quarter padding his stats when his team is down by 30 and screaming his head off after a dunk. Look up at the scoreboard jackass.

Mister Sinister
03-18-2008, 06:54 PM
They're just being the bigheads they're supposed to be. >_>;

m33p0
03-18-2008, 07:19 PM
If it were physically possible, that guy would definitely give himself a blow job.
or give himself a rim job.

Gino
03-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Amare's a badass....while Shawn Marion was in his own world, Amare has a legitimate beef.

He's having a much better season than Dirk Nowitski had last year, and he's coming off off-season knee surgery that held him back the first couple of months.

Lakafan23
03-18-2008, 07:48 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :toast :toast :clap :clap :clap

atxrocker
03-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Amare's a badass....while Shawn Marion was in his own world, Amare has a legitimate beef.

He's having a much better season than Dirk Nowitski had last year, and he's coming off off-season knee surgery that held him back the first couple of months.

amare bashers are sure to use the "amare is stupid" rebuttal since apparently they can't say much else.

Xylus
03-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Amare deserves MVP consideration, there's no question in my mind. The problem is, he hasn't been playing at his current level all season.

Someone should check Amare's stats since Shaq joined the team... he's playing at a completely different level than everyone else. His overall efficiency per 48 minutes is out-of-this-world.

monosylab1k
03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Amare deserves MVP consideration, there's no question in my mind.
You can be MVP by giving only 50% effort on the court?

Oh yeah, Steve Nash won 2 of them. Yeah I guess you can win it by only putting forth 50% effort on the court.

And before you mention Dirk, he actually TRIES on defense.

Xylus
03-18-2008, 11:20 PM

Oh yeah, Steve Nash won 2 of them. Yeah I guess you can win it by only putting forth 50% effort on the court.

Amare is a bad defender when he's forced to guard guys who are way bigger than him, while playing the entire game out of position. Now that he's not forced to guard centers all the time, his defense isn't a problem.

Xylus
03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Amare is a better defender than Dirk Nowitzki.

I'd really like to watch Dirk try to guard Duncan, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, etc.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:22 PM

No, he's not.

I'd really like to watch Dirk try to guard Duncan, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, etc.

Dirk at least tries. That's more than can be said of Amare. I like you Xylus, so let's just agree to disagree.

remingtonbo2001
03-18-2008, 11:23 PM

:lmao

Xylus
03-18-2008, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE]

No, he's not.

Dirk at least tries. That's more than can be said of Amare. I like you Xylus, so let's just agree to disagree.
I'm not convinced you guys watch more than a couple Suns games a year, so we can agree to disagree.

It sounds like you've been listening to too many Spurs fans, honestly, the biggest group of Amare haters in NBA fandom.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm not convinced you guys watch more than a couple Suns games a year, so we can agree to disagree.

I've seen enough to know that Amare gets his fair share of blocks because he always goes for the home run and a chance to get on SportsCenter rather than playing good solid positional defense. And I'm convinced you don't watch many Mavs games if you think Dirk is as terrible now as he was five years ago.

monosylab1k
03-18-2008, 11:25 PM

It sounds like you've been listening to too many Spurs fans, honestly, the biggest group of Amare haters in NBA fandom.
If blocks=defense, Amare looks good. Unfortunately blocking 3 shots a game and giving up 30 in the post isn't good defense.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:26 PM

My biggest problem with Amare is his accomplishments don't match his ego. Whereas with Kobe and Shaq, they at least have the notches on the wall to back up the arrogance.

monosylab1k
03-18-2008, 11:26 PM
not even close. Dirk isn't great but he at least makes his guy work for his shot. Amare watches his guy plaster him for 30 but makes sure to get one nice block that will get on SportsCenter, then poses to look hard for the cameras.

Xylus
03-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I've seen enough to know that Amare gets his fair share of blocks because he always goes for the home run and a chance to get on SportsCenter rather than playing good solid positional defense. And I'm convinced you don't watch many Mavs games if you think Dirk is as terrible now as he was five years ago.
I don't think that about Dirk, I just think Amare is a better defender than Dirk. :P

monosylab1k
03-18-2008, 11:28 PM
So how good will the Suns be if they take Nash off their team and only had Amare?
Well the Suns sucked a fair amount of cock back when that was a reality. But Amare still had his 20 points and 2.5 blocks a game, so it's all good for him either way.

dirk4mvp
03-18-2008, 11:55 PM
amare bashers are sure to use the "amare is stupid" rebuttal since apparently they can't say much else.

if that's the truth, then what else needs to be said?

Gino
03-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Look at the Mavs fans all venting by taking out their frustrations on Amare.

dirk4mvp
03-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Look at the Mavs fans all venting by taking out their frustrations on Amare.

Where?

How long did it take you to come up with that?

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-19-2008, 10:36 AM
:lmao "cuntnozzle"

Soul_Patch
03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I cant stand the attitude Amare Stoudamire portrays...the suns fan base conveys his arrogance, which is why i also cannot stand alot of them either.

The suns are a perpetual step short in everything they do, and outside of a questionable MVP on your team, have never accomplished a single noteworthy thing...

Amare, basketball is played on two sides of the court...When you face people who are legit All Stars, you are exposed as a 1 dimenional player.

Phoenix suns, try doing something to warrant the ego you guys portray...untill then, shut the fuck up...

Obstructed_View
03-19-2008, 12:16 PM
amare bashers are sure to use the "amare is stupid" rebuttal since there's so much evidence to support the conclusion.
FFA

Gino
03-19-2008, 01:56 PM
From TrueHoop:

Amare Stoudemire's claim to MVP status can be supported by points per possession. He's very close to 1.2 PPP, which is right there among the best rates ever recorded. And, as much as he says no one is mentioning him as a candidate, check this out: the blogosphere had your back last week, Mr. Stoudemire

http://wisinsider.blogspot.com/2008/03/amare-for-mvp.html

Allanon
03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Amare is freaking great on the offensive side. But watching him get owned by the Lakers this year shows he totally lacks defense. I admit not watching that many Phoenix games but in many games, even in total losses or complete blowouts, Amare is out there padding his stats with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. He's a stat padder if I ever saw one.

So this year:
1) He padded his stats
2) His defense is trash except for his blocking which is nice
3) He gets into foul trouble way too often on silly ass fouls

Amare has loads of talent, he just has to learn to be multi-dimensional, he can do it but does he have the desire?

RonMexico
03-19-2008, 02:59 PM
He's replaced Shawn Marion as 3rd wheel now... great.

Gino
03-19-2008, 05:31 PM
that is an understatement..I watched the entire Portland game Amare had the audacity to shoot the ball with 14 seconds left in the game and the Suns being up by 13 points. Even the Portland announcers were talking about the only reason he was still in the game was because he wanted to keep scoring.

The Suns team starts and finishes with Steve Nash!

Nash and the rest of the starters were in the game as well.

Don't hate.

Gino
03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Um..was Nash and everyone else just trying to score at the end? Hate on what? I'm sorry he isn't an MVP candidate and all he Amare does is cry to the media about it like a little girl.

How well did the Suns do 2 years ago when Amare was out with his season injury?

This is Steve Nash's team not Amare's!

That may be true, but there's no denying he's having an MVP-type year.

Especially during the second half.

DazedAndConfused
03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
KG wins the all-thug MVP

ChuckD
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
He's replaced Shawn Marion as the squeeky wheel now... great.
FIFY

td4mvp21
03-19-2008, 11:32 PM

Why would you want to see that when you could get a bigger laugh watching Amare try?

Findog
03-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Why would you want to see that when you could get a bigger laugh watching Amare try?

That's the thing, Amare doesn't try. With his athleticism, he should be a good defender. But he doesn't want to put in the hard work.

Gino
03-19-2008, 11:34 PM
KG wins the all-thug MVP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzUZYxuVP7E

Gino
03-19-2008, 11:35 PM
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/getgarnettcom-on-nbc-4-news/208360152

td4mvp21
03-19-2008, 11:36 PM
That's the thing, Amare doesn't try. With his athleticism, he should be a good defender. But he doesn't want to put in the hard work.

:lol That was my point, sort of. I think it's dumb that all of the sudden he's fine on defense just because he averages 2 blocks per game. He's a fucking 7 footer and it took him 5 years in the league to figure out how to block consistently? Blocks aren't everything on defense, Bruce Bowen can tell you that.

Findog
03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
:lol That was my point, sort of. I think it's dumb that all of the sudden he's fine on defense just because he averages 2 blocks per game. He's a fucking 7 footer and it took him 5 years in the league to figure out how to block consistently? Blocks aren't everything on defense, Bruce Bowen can tell you that.

The only reason blocks are a refined part of his game is because he's always gambling and going for the home run to get on SportsCenter.

Gino
03-19-2008, 11:52 PM

Funny how one poster told me Duncan was 6'10" the other day and this guy claims Amare is a seven footer.

:lol

DazedAndConfused
03-19-2008, 11:58 PM
KG = All-Thug NBA 1st Team

Gino
03-20-2008, 12:01 AM
KG = All-Thug NBA 1st Team

Stop whining! Its not my fault that KG didn't want to play with the Kobe and the Lakers.

LakerMagic
03-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Amare is fucking idiot. He's nothing without Nash. He fired his manager or something because he feels he is very marketable and should have all these endorsements like Lebron and have his face everywhere.

According to a report in the Arizona Republic, Amare Stoudemire has fired his manager, saying he should be much more marketable in light of three All-Star selections and All-NBA status.

"I felt like, from a marketing standpoint, I wasn't reaching my full potential," Stoudemire said. "It's a great opportunity for me to move forward. With my personality and aura and swagger, I've got a great chance to be marketed. It was definitely hard because I had established a friendship with these guys but a lot of companies like me and adore me."

According to the report, this was Stoudemire's fourth representation team in his six year career

http://www.nbadimensions.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3857

Obstructed_View
03-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Amare's new agent...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/AmareMVP.jpg

DazedAndConfused
03-20-2008, 01:47 AM
KG = super choker. Man Dirk gets a bad rap around here, at least he has the balls to take the last shot. KG gets rid of the ball like it's the ebola virus in the clutch.

confined
03-20-2008, 10:03 AM
He's not even the MVP on his own team. The suns would go back to getting no reconition without nash

Gino
03-20-2008, 11:01 AM
KG = super choker. Man Dirk gets a bad rap around here, at least he has the balls to take the last shot. KG gets rid of the ball like it's the ebola virus in the clutch.

Good thing the Celts have Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, huh? :lol