PDA

View Full Version : Beno?

Spurminator
03-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Anyone know why he's not playing tonight?

Thanks.

jay014
03-18-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm guessing it's a DNP Coach's Decision. already in Reggie Theus doghouse.

remingtonbo2001
03-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Herpes?

sendman
03-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Beno decided to sit one out and let the morons have a field day.

trueD
03-19-2008, 02:45 AM
Anyone know why he's not playing tonight?

Thanks.

Out with with back spasms, probably from running into an elbow Sunday against Toronto.

I'm guessing it's a DNP Coach's Decision. already in Reggie Theus doghouse.

Theus doesn't appear to hold grudges, can't imagine why anyone would have a grudge against Beno anyways, but that's just me.

Herpes?

Eh, doesn't sound like Beno either. :p:

They are playing a playoff contender and the Kings are afraid that Beno can't bring the ball across the half court line.

You obviously haven't watched Beno this year. Not only does he bring it the ball up nicely, but pretty successfully. He is quick to the rim and can spot up from just about anywhere. Kings trading Bibby was contingent upon Beno running the offense and he does a great job. He is above average among guards in the leage at scoring, rebounding and assisting. Quite a find for less than a mil. Hopefully he stays for the MLE.

trueD
03-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Beno decided to sit one out and let the morons have a field day.

The Morons beat Golden State without Beno or the rookie Hawes, who has been getting lots of playing time lately. Surprisingly, Anthony Johnson filled in nicely for Beno with 13/6/13. Kings are picking the lame PG's out of the woodwork this year. :smokin

Fillmoe
03-19-2008, 02:58 AM
where u been trued?

sendman
03-19-2008, 03:27 AM
The Morons beat Golden State without Beno or the rookie Hawes, who has been getting lots of playing time lately. Surprisingly, Anthony Johnson filled in nicely for Beno with 13/6/13. Kings are picking the lame PG's out of the woodwork this year. :smokin
I meant morons on this board. Sorry for misunderstanding.

WalterBenitez
03-19-2008, 06:19 AM
I meant morons on this board. Sorry for misunderstanding.

You should be specific from now on :p:

Duncanoypi
03-19-2008, 06:31 AM
will Beno play in the next game?

Allanon
03-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Sacramento's a pretty good team, they would have made the Playoffs if Artest and Bibby didn't miss all those early season games.

angel_luv
03-19-2008, 08:29 AM
I hope he rests up well and has an awesome game here on Friday.

And I hope the Spurs win.

ploto
03-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Interesting quote from Beno:

"But other things that have changed since I left the Spurs and came here really affect me. I am a professional and always have to keep my body and mind ready for the game, everything else is insignificant. Many people in this position might finally relax and take it easy, but that is not the case with me. I will stay very tight mentally and concentrate as much as possible. "

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=7845

ploto
03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Just got back from the doctor's office, err, Kings practice.

Kings center Brad Miller is questionable for Friday's game at San Antonio due to bursitis (joint area inflammation) in his right elbow, while point guard Beno Udrih (lower back strain) and rookie center Spencer Hawes (left mid-foot strain) are both having MRIs taken today to ensure there isn't further damage, respectively. There should be MRI results later today.

BLOG UPDATE: Per the Kings' PR department, the MRIs for Beno Udrih and Spencer Hawes were both negative and both players are considered day-to-day.

ttp://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/011210.html

ChuckD
03-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, but how did Beno's pap smear turn out?

ChumpDumper
03-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Interesting quote from Beno:

"But other things that have changed since I left the Spurs and came here really affect me. I am a professional and always have to keep my body and mind ready for the game, everything else is insignificant. Many people in this position might finally relax and take it easy, but that is not the case with me. I will stay very tight mentally and concentrate as much as possible. "

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=7845So he wasn't professional and didn't keep his mind and body ready for the game with the Spurs.

No news here.

ducks
03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
beno hurt again say it is not so

ChuckD
03-19-2008, 11:33 PM
You can take the ball out of Beno's hands anytime. The problem is that most teams don't care enough about one game out of eighty two against Sacto to exert the effort. Kings fans will see what I mean...if they ever make the playoffs again. He's an average (at best) ball handler, and will either cough up the rock, or get a time violation if you ball hawk him aggressively in the back court.

trueD
03-20-2008, 01:14 AM
where u been trued?

Hey fill! I've been busy mostly. Got new gutts in our home last summer. Takes some work to keep it all nice.

I see the only pink you have now is in your heart, awwww.... :smokin

trueD
03-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I hope he rests up well and has an awesome game here on Friday.

Maybe he has another career high in him. :elephant

trueD
03-20-2008, 01:37 AM
You can take the ball out of Beno's hands anytime.

Don't think that's true, Chuck. Just ask Billups (11/18), Parker (11/25), AI (12/8), Bibby (02/27) and Fish, Sasha & Farmar (03/09).

The problem is that most teams don't care enough about one game out of eighty two against Sacto to exert the effort.

No way you just said that! :rolleyes I'm gonna finish the post anyways.

He's an average (at best) ball handler, and will either cough up the rock, or get a time violation if you ball hawk him aggressively in the back court.

Beno has played 59 games (Last night was the first game he's missed this year, btw):

During 34 games Beno committed 2 or less TO's.
During 21 games Beno committed 1 or less TO's
During 6 games Beno committed ZERO TO's.

29 average mpt for the 34 games above.

Nothing but gutts going inside and his quickness has not been matched by more than a couple of defenders (for some reason Dickau gave him problems, if I remember correctly). That's it. Frigging Dan Dickau. Beno can beat almost anyone to the basket. His passing has improved loads just in 59 games, and seriously it wasn't bad when he got here.

Sorry for your loss!

Obstructed_View
03-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Those that insist Beno can't handle the ball base it upon four or five turnovers from two games, one against Detroit and one against Houston. Since you can't change the stats from those two games, you'll never convince them that he isn't completely useless, even pointing out that he lit up Tony Parker for 27 points and only had three turnovers.

trueD
03-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Beno has only turned the ball over 4-6 times in 13 contests. 4-6 TO's for a starting point guard is pretty status quo, isn't it?

sendman
03-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Maybe he has another career high in him. :elephant
I don't believe Spurs will allow this to happen. This time Beno will face Spurs on the mission. It's time for this team to turn things around and prepare themselves for the play-off. I think Beno will receive full attention and it could get ugly. So now he can show what he is made off.

trueD
03-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Well if anyone has motivation to crumble the castle that is Beno, guess it would be Spurs. ;)

Still don't think it happens, however. He's gonna be all rested from that big one game he's had off this year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Too bad he decided to start working hard and focusing when he was traded to a shitty team.