PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Rockets

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Congratulations on the 22-game winning streak. At least you're ending it against the best team in the league. You guys have heart and play together as a team, unlike the soft pussies I root for. Good luck in the playoffs, since you guys get to still worry about it.

monosylab1k
03-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Congratulations on the 22-game winning streak. At least you're ending it against the best team in the league. You guys have heart and play together as a team, unlike the soft pussies I root for. Good luck in the playoffs, since you guys get to still worry about it.
+1

atxrocker
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM
very impressive run. i want to see tmac tear it the fuck up in the play offs.

Indazone
03-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Well it had to end sometime. Dayum is all I have to say about the Boston Celtics. That team is unbelievable. They are so big, grab almost every rebound and throw shots in from all over the floor. Their defense is incredible. They shut down T-Mac with a stifling double teaming defense and kept him on the perimeter unable to get free for a shot. They clogged up the lane and made us make our three pointers and even those were contested. We really got exposed tonight without Yao at Center. Any Western Conference team that gets through to the Championship game better hope that the Pistons can somehow knock them off. I don't think any team from the West is capable of beating the Celtics in a 7 game series.

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:36 PM
When is the trophy presentation? Will it look like the one the Mavs got for winning 67 games last season?

Indazone
03-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Mavs are the Celtics next victim.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Mavs are the Celtics next victim.

I have to agree. They're going to sweep the Texas Triangle.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:40 PM
When is the trophy presentation? Will it look like the one the Mavs got for winning 67 games last season?

The Celtics are for real, the Mavs never were. Boston isn't a bunch of soft pussies, and they won't change their lineup to "match up better" with Atlanta in the first round.

remingtonbo2001
:lmao @ Mavs fans! You guys are just too much tonight.

You guys got me cryin tears...FROM LAUGHTER.

Findog

So what if the Rockets don't win a title? There's something really cool about what they did.

Matchman
03-18-2008, 11:41 PM
wow nice to see many Mavs fans are classy and give credit to the Rockets. I hope the Mavs beat the crap out of the Celtics.

Roxsfan
The most disappointing thing as a rox fan for me is that we did not get to play the celtics this year at all, with both Yao and tmac in the game with sprinkle of carl landry too.

But there is always next year for that. Did not care for KG in there showboating, but oh well thats life.

thanks

Indazone
The streak was fun to watch. It's an accomplishment no matter how the season ends. My hat is off to this overacheiving bunch of no-names.

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
So what if the Rockets don't win a title? There's something really cool about what they did.

Spoken like a guy whose team has never won a title.

Someday...if your team wins a title, you'll understand.

spurms
03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
haha they fans will get classy when ur team is down, which means it's not a good thing.. 20 points blowout...ouch.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:43 PM
wow nice to see many Mavs fans are classy and give credit to the Rockets. I hope the Mavs beat the crap out of the Celtics.

You guys deserve all the props in the world for what you did. It's always a thing of beauty to watch guys come together and play as a team. You could've given up on your team and tanked for a draft pick after Yao went down, but instead you took the hard and narrow path. I wish my team had that kind of grit and guts, instead of "Oh, we're still adjusting to all the new guys," etc.

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:44 PM
The streak was fun to watch. It's an accomplishment no matter how the season ends. My hat is off to this overacheiving bunch of no-names.

Yeah...but you guys got knocked the fuck out at by a team on the second night of a back to back. If that isn't cause for alarm...I don't know what is.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Spoken like a guy whose team has never won a title.

Someday...if your team wins a title, you'll understand.

Someday maybe you'll understand. I guess I shouldn't enjoy watching Joe Johnson, Dwight Howard or Chris Bosh since there's no possible way the Magic, Raptors or Hawks can win a title this year.

You have tunnel vision, or you're just trolling.

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Fuck the Mavs...

And fuck the Rockets.

Extra Stout
03-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah...but you guys got knocked the fuck out at by a team on the second night of a back to back. If that isn't cause for alarm...I don't know what is.
It's not just cause for alarm in Houston... it's cause for alarm everywhere outside of New England.

whottt
Someday maybe you'll understand. I guess I shouldn't enjoy watching Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh since there's no possible way the Raptors or Hawks can't possibly win a title this year.

Wow...so you're a quitter as well as a title virgin?

Roxsfan

You act like we were rolling in to this game with Yao's 25pts, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and .5 assists. Seriously, the big picture is how your team handles the loss of Yao and the loss tonight. Health will be the only demise of the rockets, if the big two and company can stay healthy next year, I won't be worried at all.

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow...so you're a quitter as well as a title virgin?

What pathology do you suffer from?

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:48 PM
It's not just cause for alarm in Houston... it's cause for alarm everywhere outside of New England.

IMO, the Spurs beat themselves.

KG is still the Minnesota KG.

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
You act like we were rolling in to this game with Yao's 25pts, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and .5 assists. Seriously, the big picture is how your team handles the loss of Yao and the loss tonight. Health will be the only demise of the rockets, if the big two and company can stay healthy next year, I won't be worried at all.

You're already talking about next year?

Roxsfan
We're trying to have a friendly discussion in here and whott comes in here and starts trolling and arguing and cussing. Didn't Kori say to knock that stuff off in a recent thread?

whottt
What pathology do you suffer from?

I have anti-moron personality disorder.

JamStone
Good job Rox. Now unfortunately, it looks like a pretty steep tumble for you guys. The streak was nothing short of amazing. It will be even more amazing if they're able to stay in the top four by the end of the season.

Roxsfan
03-18-2008, 11:50 PM
You're already talking about next year?

I am realistic. I know you need a big post presence down low to go far in the playoffs. Do you disagree?

this year is all about gelling as a team, getting experience for the rookies and with health in check...giving it hell next season..

I hope they go far, but wow did this game make me miss Yao so much.

http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08014/U687P6T12D3395536F44DT20080103125222A.jpg

Findog
03-18-2008, 11:51 PM
I have borderline personality disorder.

Okay.

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
I am realistic. I know you need a big post presence down low to go far in the playoffs. Do you disagree.

No actually I do agree.....I just didn't expect you too.

I wouldn't bank on Yao staying healthy...I'd move him for another C that's more durable and quicker that still gives you a similar defensive presence.

sickdsm
03-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Don't you need to worry about your own HOF PF's lack of teste's?

At least Boston's MVP doesn't come off the bench.

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:55 PM
We're trying to have a friendly discussion in here and whott comes in here and starts trolling and arguing and cussing. Didn't Kori say to knock that stuff off in a recent thread?

Would you like some cheese with that fine WHINE?

whottt
03-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Don't you need to worry about your own HOF PF's lack of teste's?

At least Boston's MVP doesn't come off the bench.

:lol

At least San Antonio's doesn't needed to be surrounded by 14 HOF'ers just to make the playoffs.

Roxsfan
03-18-2008, 11:58 PM
No actually I do agree.....I just didn't expect you too.

I wouldn't bank on Yao staying healthy...I'd move him for another C that's more durable and quicker that still gives you a similar defensive presence.

I think for the long term that may be true, but I think while he's still young he has a beautiful-run left in him where he can stay healthy and the rockets can truly contend.

LA24
03-19-2008, 12:00 AM
I hope they go far, but wow did this game make me miss Yao so much.

Nice push off Yao. :p:

whottt
03-19-2008, 12:02 AM
I think for the long term that may be true, but I think while he's still young he has a beautiful-run left in him where he can stay healthy and the rockets can truly contend.

He's not that young...I don't think a guy his size has ever managed to be anything other than a limited role player beyond the age he is now.

Just sayin'...

It's a tricky situation...

Gamewise he's the best one to build around, but he's also the one that least fits the system Adelman wants to run and the personnel of the team, he'a also the easiest one to replace, the one with the most value, and IMO, he is an injury risk.

sickdsm
03-19-2008, 12:09 AM

At least San Antonio's doesn't needed to be surrounded by 14 HOF'ers just to make the playoffs.

He sure can't do it by himself if he's a sixth man now, can he?

KG needed a guy that was one year removed from being out of the league and another that was four? away from being waived to make their run.

Like you should talk about surroundings. How many former good players can the spurs collect? I swear if they'd only sign Harold Miner and bring back Grandmama they'd have over half of the NBA Jam dream team.

Gino
03-19-2008, 12:12 AM

Yeah...because anyone besides Pierce has a shot at the hall of fame.

Is Duncan hall of fame bound?

I guess Manu and Garnett are even.

DaDakota
03-19-2008, 12:13 AM
It had to end sometime, and figured this week it would happen....Now I just hope they come back and play hard tomorrow in the Big Easy.

DD

Roxsfan
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Would you like some cheese with that fine WHINE?

depends on how its served:

Hell Yes:
http://1heckofaguy.com/wp-content/photos/nursefromage.jpg

Sure:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00200/F_200506_june10shel_200750a.jpg

Hell No:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/tmoney5489/fat-birthday-l.jpg

Roxsfan
03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Nice push off Yao. :p:

Whats Yao supposed to do or say?

Yao to KG: "hold on KG, I need to surgically remove my left arm so that when I posterize you people won't say shit about shit" :rolleyes

bostonguy
03-19-2008, 12:36 AM
I have to agree. They're going to sweep the Texas Triangle.

No one sweeps the TX triangle. I see the Celts dropping Thursdays game. Dallas isnt going to lose 2 in a row at home especially with the spurs coming up sunday. No fucking way.

Findog
03-19-2008, 12:37 AM
No one sweeps the TX triangle. I see the Celts dropping Thursdays game. Dallas isnt going to lose 2 in a row at home especially with the spurs coming up sunday. No fucking way.

The Mavs are mental midgets without any heart. I don't see anyway they beat Boston on Thursday. I have tickets to the game and I'm seriously considering hopping on the DART train right after work and scalping the goddamn thing outside the arena.

Any Mav fans want to go to the game? PM me.

bostonguy
03-19-2008, 12:39 AM
BTW Rocket fans, I am impressed with the heart and toughness you guys have shown especially when Yao went out. Celtics havent proven jack shit other than winning regular season games. We have a bigman who tends to turn into a big vagina when the game is on the line in the playoffs. I love the team we have but I need to see how they perform when adversity strikes in the playoffs before I can go any further on them.

whottt
03-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Yeah...because anyone besides Pierce has a shot at the hall of fame.

Is Duncan hall of fame bound?

I guess Manu and Garnett are even.

Oh don't get me wrong...Pierce aint all that either...unless you're trying to tank for the #1 pick...in that case he's a pretty damn good guy to be leading your team :tu

bostonguy
03-19-2008, 12:41 AM
The Mavs are mental midgets without any heart. I don't see anyway they beat Boston on Thursday. I have tickets to the game and I'm seriously considering hopping on the DART train right after work and scalping the goddamn thing outside the arena.

Any Mav fans want to go to the game? PM me.

Mental midgets without heart? That is a bit harsh. I see them ready to play Thursday. Findog if it helps you feel any better, its 0-0 when the postseason begins. Your season isnt over yet pal. Keep the faith. :)

whottt
03-19-2008, 12:42 AM
I have dumbass personality disorder

It would help if you avoid assumptions...at least when I'm being a pompous ass it's intentional.

whottt
03-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Even though Findog has bailed on his team, I'm going to go ahead and say the Mavs will take the Celtics down...

It'll be a Jason Kidd kind of game.

Findog
03-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Mental midgets without heart? That is a bit harsh. I see them ready to play Thursday. Findog if it helps you feel any better, its 0-0 when the postseason begins. Your season isnt over yet pal. Keep the faith. :)

I want to believe in this team, I'll never stop being a fan, but WTF was that out there tonight? You think you can play 15 minutes instead of 48 and beat the Lakers? Especially with the way the West is?

I'm just venting, I'll be there on Thursday and I'll even sneak down to the lower bowl to sit behind the bench like I've done every other time I've gone:

http://flickr.com/photos/fashionable_male/sets/72157604125540742/detail/

http://flickr.com/photos/fashionable_male/sets/72157604020995901/detail/

http://flickr.com/photos/fashionable_male/sets/72157603990832083/detail/

Findog
03-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Even though Findog has bailed on his team, I'm going to go ahead and say the Mavs will take the Celtics down...

It'll be a Jason Kidd kind of game.

I'm still going to watch the games and follow them as intensely as ever, but I don't think this team is going to meet its goals, which is winning a title. That's not bailing on them, that's just being realistic.

Believe is just pollyanish bullshit...it's a way for fans to feel morally superior to other fans. What evidence is there that the Mavs are going to pull through and win a title? As an avowed Mavs hater, you should be able to knock this hanging curve out of the park.

Findog
03-19-2008, 12:46 AM
It would help if you avoid assumptions...at least when I'm being a pompous ass it's intentional.

I assume you're just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. Sometimes I take the bait.

whottt
03-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Believe is just pollyanish bullshit.

What's to be gained by cynicism?

Spurs have given their fans plenty of reasons to believe...

Findog
03-19-2008, 12:53 AM
What's to be gained by cynicism?

Spurs have given their fans plenty of reasons to believe...

What evidence is there that the Mavs are going to pull through and win a title this year? As an avowed Mavs hater, you should be able to knock this hanging curve out of the park.

The Spurs have 4 rings, the Mavs have an empty trophy case and a litany of heartbreaking playoff failures. I'm not asking for sympathy, or whining about it, it's just the way it is. I was there for 11 wins and Quinn Buckner, I'm not going to turn my backs on them now. But I ask you, am I being realistic in thinking that the Mavs are going to remain trophy-less this summer?

bobbyjoe
03-19-2008, 01:01 AM
The Boston Celtics are starting to separate themselves from the pack and are emerging as the pretty clear cut favorite to win the title.

They just beat a Spurs team desperate for a win and crushed a team that had won 22 straight...WITHOUT Ray Allen. Both on the road.

They play great D, they have the stars, the hunger, and the HCA throughout the playoffs. It's theirs to lose...

KG may not be a clutch guy but how clutch does he have to be on a team with the #1 D in the NBA, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and now Sam Cassell.

DazedAndConfused
03-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Only an idiot would crown the champs right now.

New England Patriots - 18 and 1

whottt
03-19-2008, 01:29 AM
What evidence is there that the Mavs are going to pull through and win a title this year? As an avowed Mavs hater, you should be able to knock this hanging curve out of the park.

It was just last year you guys won 67 games...

The Spurs have 4 rings, the Mavs have an empty trophy case and a litany of heartbreaking playoff failures.

You know, it's not near as much fun when you mention that little fact for me.

I'm not asking for sympathy, or whining about it, it's just the way it is. I was there for 11 wins and Quinn Buckner, I'm not going to turn my backs on them now. But I ask you, am I being realistic in thinking that the Mavs are going to remain trophy-less this summer?

I think they've got a better shot at winning the championship than the Rockets or the Lakers.

That said...

I don't want to lift your spirits...you are Mav fan, I want to crush your spirits.

However since I can't do that when you are crushing them for me...

I will just say, you added Jason Kidd, while that may be a liablity against us...it's not going to be a liability against most of the other teams. You'll get past the Warriors now...

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Only an idiot would crown the champs right now.

New England Patriots - 18 and 1

One games series are different then seven game series

GuerillaBlack
03-19-2008, 01:39 AM
One games series are different then seven game series
Easily. I would have taken New England to beat New York in a seven game series. That is the NFL and not NBA though.

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2008, 01:47 AM
which was my point

blink
03-19-2008, 01:48 AM
man the celtics are just on another level.... beginning of the season i thought it would take longer for them to gel and didnt really believe doc could lead the celts to a title but it looks like ill be proven wrong. theyll take a stroll into the finals only to face a worn out western team.

nice run by the rocks though.

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2008, 01:50 AM
The one crack in the C's armor is their coach

whottt
03-19-2008, 02:01 AM
The Celtics are good but I'm not sold on their playoff viability...and they've got as many age issues with their stars as any team in the NBA.

What is the average age of their big 3 compared to the Spurs anyway?

I'm also not sold on how playing D all season long to the degree they've been playing it is going to affect their legs....I've seen it affect players new to the Spurs many times.

The only Celtics player that truly scares me as a post season performer is Allen btw. Pierce and Garnett do not...they are not playoff Warriors, at all.

Allen OTOH...he nearly took the Spurs out a couple of years ago, and he was really the only non scrub on the entire team. I hate Allen...but he's a good player. He is a flat out Superstar shooter...

robbie380
03-19-2008, 03:07 AM
theyll take a stroll into the finals only to face a worn out western team.

nice run by the rocks though.

a western team that they won't lose to. let's not forget they are still perfect against the "best division in the NBA".

sickdsm
03-19-2008, 07:39 AM
The Celtics are good but I'm not sold on their playoff viability...and they've got as many age issues with their stars as any team in the NBA.

What is the average age of their big 3 compared to the Spurs anyway?

I'm also not sold on how playing D all season long to the degree they've been playing it is going to affect their legs....I've seen it affect players new to the Spurs many times.

The only Celtics player that truly scares me as a post season performer is Allen btw. Pierce and Garnett do not...they are not playoff Warriors, at all.

Allen OTOH...he nearly took the Spurs out a couple of years ago, and he was really the only non scrub on the entire team. I hate Allen...but he's a good player. He is a flat out Superstar shooter...

And Allen gets rewarded by being called a vagina for the rest of his career by spurs fans. No wonder no one gives a fuck what the homers think.

The Franchise
03-19-2008, 03:59 PM
SOFT-See Tracy Mcgrady. :reading