PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell u...

BIG z
03-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Simple thing is that Timmy needs to get the ball more, Pop is stubborn, he wants to save Timmy for the playoffs, but there is a CATCH, there might be no PLAYOFFS for the spurs.... Let him loose or else we will be fishing through out the PLAYOFFS.
One more thing, can anyone please tell me why we run those screen plays for Bruce Bowen, its a wated possesion, arent the corner 3's enough, please fell free to elaborate on that.

BIG z
03-19-2008, 02:11 AM
And one more thing, has manu forgot how to drive the ball, all he does now is those step back three's.

SPURS50
03-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Those screen plays for bowen get me going everytime. Almost as much as the great shooting of finley. :wtf

BIG z
03-19-2008, 02:45 AM
To be honest all finley can do is shoot the ball, he cant drive or handle the ball, he's worst then bowen on offense, he should have retired :sleep ..

T Park
03-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Uh well if you run Duncan into the ground now, when you get to the playoffs he won't have anything left so.....

BIG z
03-19-2008, 03:07 AM
Uh well if you run Duncan into the ground now, when you get to the playoffs he won't have anything left so.....

Simple thing is that Timmy needs to get the ball more, Pop is stubborn, he wants to save Timmy for the playoffs, but there is a CATCH, there might be no PLAYOFFS for the spurs.... Let him loose or else we will be fishing through out the PLAYOFFS.

T Park
03-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Your not gonna run 4 down 90% of the time, and play Duncan 40 mins.

You can do it and win. Dudes tired right now as it is, he was exhausted practically at the end of the Celtics game.

T Park
03-19-2008, 03:10 AM

You can't do it and win. Dudes tired right now as it is, he was exhausted practically at the end of the Celtics game.

BIG z
03-19-2008, 03:12 AM
I am not saying play him 40 min, give him the ball, we had only two post counts last game with duncan...

BIG z
03-19-2008, 03:13 AM

You can't do it and win. Dudes tired right now as it is, he was exhausted practically at the end of the Celtics game.

And has manu forgot to drive the ball and what about those bowen screens, have any anwsers for that...

BIG z
03-19-2008, 04:49 PM
What can the spurs do to get back on the winning track?

honestfool84
03-19-2008, 04:51 PM
BIG z is having a conversation with himself.

T Park
03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
And has manu forgot to drive the ball and what about those bowen screens, have any anwsers for that...

Yeah the Ginobili lack of agressiveness is puzzling I don't know what you can do about that.

I think in a clutch pivotal situation though Ginobili will drive everytime to the rack ala Game 4 against Utah last year.

I think hes trying to throttle it back a bit to save some wear and tear.

The Bowen screens? I don't know what your talking about there.

BIG z
03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah the Ginobili lack of agressiveness is puzzling I don't know what you can do about that.

I think in a clutch pivotal situation though Ginobili will drive everytime to the rack ala Game 4 against Utah last year.

I think hes trying to throttle it back a bit to save some wear and tear.

The Bowen screens? I don't know what your talking about there.

You know know when Duncan sets that mid range screen for bowen and finley for most of the time...

T Park
03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Finley I've seen it for. Bowen never so I don't know.

Ginobili, Parker, Finley, rare occasion Barry, but never Bowen.

BIG z
03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Finley I've seen it for. Bowen never so I don't know.

Ginobili, Parker, Finley, rare occasion Barry, but never Bowen.

Then i dont know if u watch the whole game....May be ur drunk during them....

InK
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM

Wow, T PARK is beeing nice and answering your bizzaro questions, which is kinda rare around here, and you go ahead and call him drunk. Neat.

T Park
03-19-2008, 05:28 PM

I must be, but I haven't seen a game live in a while.
I haven't recalled them setting a screen for Bowen ever, but Im sure its happened.

ducks
03-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Um..did you watch the Celtics game or are you just posting out of your ass? Tim was doubled every time he got the ball after the first quarter! Second he did get a lot of touches he was just trapped as soon as he got the ball.

The reason Manu didn't drive a lot was because A) he was making his outside shot and B) the Celtics were clogging up the middle!
why can he not drive when he is hitting his outside shots
do you not want to try to get the other team in foul trouble?

BIG z
03-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Um..did you watch the Celtics game or are you just posting out of your ass? Tim was doubled every time he got the ball after the first quarter! Second he did get a lot of touches he was just trapped as soon as he got the ball.

The reason Manu didn't drive a lot was because A) he was making his outside shot and B) the Celtics were clogging up the middle!

Do u recall seeing those bowen screens?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-20-2008, 01:28 AM
OP, suggesting that all we need to do to exit the current malaise is play more 4-down makes no sense at all.

1. Tim is not the prime-time scorer he once was - his post game is more limited than at any time in his career.
2. Tim often makes the mistake of attacking his man the wrong way these days - he tries to drive against quicker guys and backdown stronger guys. Why, I have no idea.
3. Tim is not getting calls any more.
4. Even if Tim gets the calls, he only shoots 72.7% from the line.
5. 4-down often leads to the other 4 players on the court standing around - it stagnates the offense terribly, except for the occasional smart cut by Oberto.

Back in the halcyon days of 17-3, the offense was some of the best I'd seen as a Spurs fan primarily because the ball movement and variety of plays used was fantastic. We need more ball movement, not less. More 4-down is not the answer. This is not 2003.

What I would like to see when playing 4-down (it should be a part of the offense, just not the dominant play) is Tim catching and attacking immediately! When he pauses he very rarely makes the pass to the cutter, and he makes the shot far more often when he goes straight into his move.

BIG z
03-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Duncan on the downside of his career.. and i remember people made fun of me...

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
And has manu forgot to drive the ball have any anwsers for that...
He's a few years away from retirement, and if he keeps taking those shots and falling from all his drive-ins then you can reduce that to a couple years. He doesn't drive for the sake of his health and will to keep on playing.

ThomasGranger
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
He's a few years away from retirement, and if he keeps taking those shots and falling from all his drive-ins then you can reduce that to a couple years. He doesn't drive for the sake of his health and will to keep on playing.

Exactly. Finally somebody gets it. I'm fine with him shooting threes during the regular season. Let him save his body for the playoffs.

ArgSpursFan.
03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
And one more thing, has manu forgot how to drive the ball, all he does now is those step back three's.

He didn't forget,He is just too tired to be driving to the basket and get banged night in and night out.

DarrinS
03-20-2008, 11:34 AM
They just need to play an entire game.

I've seen good quarters and good halves, but not an entire game played well (at least not in a while).

BIG z
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Do we agree that Timmy is not the same guy anymore...

duncan228
03-20-2008, 02:05 PM

No player is the same after 10 seasons.

Duncan is fine.
Still in his prime, not past it.

It will be clear in the Playoffs.

He's actually had a pretty good season.
Certainly better than '05-'06 when he played injured all year.

Lay off him.
The team is in a funk. They'll come out of it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-20-2008, 06:26 PM

So one minute you want a 4-down dominated offense, and the next you're saying this!? WTF?

Of course he's not the same guy any more. He used to be quick. He used to be able to jump. That doesn't change the fact that he's still one of the most dominant bigmen in the game, but he dominates in different ways now, specifically defensively and hitting crucial jumpers. Unfortunately, the rules have changed to disadvantage him in the post, and his footwork has slowed considerably, and that's why relying on more 4-down, except against specific opponents who can't handle him, makes little sense.