PDA

View Full Version : Top recruit Pryor to announce today

sa_butta
03-19-2008, 06:00 AM
March 15, 2008: Pryor nets his second Pennsylvania state title in three months, scoring 23 points and grabbing eight rebounds in Jeannette's 76-72 overtime win over Strawberry Mansion.

He tells The Associated Press after the game, "Next week, I'm going to say the school I'm going to, sign it, and get it over with." He also says he is down to two schools, though he won't specify which ones.

March 18, 2008: Pryor sets a news conference for noon on Wednesday, March 19.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3300355

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 08:53 AM
http://afrotc.osu.edu/common/home_osu.gif

degenerate_gambler
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM
this kid is going to flame out spectacularly...

sa_butta
03-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Ohio State it is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=3301454

JamStone
03-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Thank God! Suckeyes can have the drama queens and primadonnas. I hope he Maurice Clarretts his college career.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Thank God! Suckeyes can have the drama queens and primadonnas. I hope he Maurice Clarretts his college career.

yeah and we will now beat Michigan 8 years in a row!

JamStone
03-19-2008, 11:24 AM
And lose your bowl game another 4 years in a row too.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 11:36 AM
And lose your bowl game another 4 years in a row too.

like Michigan has any room to talk...you won the Capitol One Bowl to end a 4 year losing streak. Again that's the Capitol One Bowl

JamStone
03-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Win a bowl game.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Win a bowl game.

2002,2003,2005 Fiesta Bowl....a BCS Game

oh and we won when we played in the Alamo Bowl, how did Michigan do?

Michigan plays in feel good bowls while tOSU is busy playing in meaningful games.

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Win a bowl game.

no worries, SC will spank that ass soon enough. Pryor can have a front row view of the shellacking.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 11:46 AM
no worries, SC will spank that ass soon enough. Pryor can have a front row view of the shellacking.

I'm going to that game, it should be a good one

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm going to that game, it should be a good one

it wont be a good one...actually, i might be there as well. we'll see.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 12:08 PM
2002,2003,2005 Fiesta Bowl....a BCS Game

oh and we won when we played in the Alamo Bowl, how did Michigan do?

Michigan plays in feel good bowls while tOSU is busy playing in meaningful games.

Smashed in the last two National Championship bowl games.

Michigan has struggled this past decade. I'm not one to hide from it. Ohio State has owned Michigan in recent years. That's why a change was needed. That's why it will be a couple years before they rebuild into a national power again.

Ohio State continues to be overrated. Ohio State continues to be one of the dirtiest programs in college that doesn't get sanctioned. And, the Ohio State football program still sucks a lot of cock.

sa_butta
03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
I hope Michigan shuts that little cocky bastard down.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I hope Michigan shuts that little cocky bastard down.

yeah Dick Rod is known for being a great defensive coach

Smashed in the last two National Championship bowl games.

Michigan has struggled this past decade. I'm not one to hide from it. Ohio State has owned Michigan in recent years. That's why a change was needed. That's why it will be a couple years before they rebuild into a national power again.

Ohio State continues to be overrated. Ohio State continues to be one of the dirtiest programs in college that doesn't get sanctioned. And, the Ohio State football program still sucks a lot of cock.

Well I would rather lose the Super Bowl than win the Arena Bowl, same goes for college football.

It sounds like you Michigan fans are so jealous of Ohio State that it is starting to drive you crazy. You once had a leg up on the academics, but after this week you have nothing to hold your hats on. You are General Studies University, and make favors available to athletes that suck.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/academics

Pryor didn't want to go to Michigan and major in basket weaving or whatever other bogus classes Michigan makes up for their athletes.

leemajors
03-19-2008, 01:07 PM
yeah Dick Rod is known for being a great defensive coach

Well I would rather lose the Super Bowl than win the Arena Bowl, same goes for college football.

It sounds like you Michigan fans are so jealous of Ohio State that it is starting to drive you crazy. You once had a leg up on the academics, but after this week you have nothing to hold your hats on. You are General Studies University, and make favors available to athletes that suck.

Pryor didn't want to go to Michigan and major in basket weaving or whatever other bogus classes Michigan makes up for their athletes.
dude, Tressel the dirtbag is still tOSU's coach. you don't have a leg to stand on there.

ShoogarBear
03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Excellent. Michigan vs. Ohio State. The original old school smack.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 01:26 PM
dude, Tressel the dirtbag is still tOSU's coach. you don't have a leg to stand on there.

what has he ever done to be classified as a dirtbag? He is overly classy and really cheesy, but he hasn't broken any rules. I think he is up to something personally, but he hasn't done anything illegal as of yet. He has had 3 players in trouble during his time.

Now, Dick Rod is as shady as you can get. He was the college coach of PacMan Jones and Chris Henry, so he doesn't exactly recruit top notch citizens himself. Michigan was the school known to be more on the up and up with academics and it was assumed they held their athletes to those standards, but after this week we see the real Michigan. They cheat their way to get athletes in to the school and still suck. Ohio State has the best team GPA in the Big10 (3.02) and have not gotten in any trouble on doing so. Michigan is just second class and it's hard for their fans to accept that.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 01:33 PM

Teams that reach the Superbowl earn it. Not so with the National Championship bowl game. Ohio State has proven two straight years it didn't deserve to be in the NC bowl game. But, you're right, getting there is an accomplishment in itself. Bigger audience all across the nation to demonstrate how overrated your team is as it gets crushed by real teams.

Jealous of Ohio State? As it pertains the the football program, yes in its success. Not jealous of its criminal methods to recruit players and keep players afloat academically. Not jealous of its fan base. Not jealous of anything else Ohio State. Jealous of success? Sure, as much as that's worth. But, not jealous of Tressell's cheating ways or hiding violations and other criminal acts by the players.

And, as far as course schedule and offered classes go, let's not be so silly now, suckeye fan. Ohio State has no place to criticize Michigan with respect to academics. You want to criticize Michigan athletes for the courses they take. Do Ohio State athletes even take classes? Do they even graduate? Stop the nonsense. Be happy your cheating football program is having success while you still can. Tressell will get exposed for his violations sooner or later.

Herschel Walker
03-19-2008, 01:35 PM
If they can teach the kid to pass effectively this could be huge for OSU. Its probably the best choice for the kid because OSU is more likely to teach him to throw and raise his NFL stock and chance for NFL success than Rich R. Or Penn St.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Because Ohio State has a better track record of developing NFL caliber quarterbacks than Michigan does?

Herschel Walker
03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Because Ohio State has a better track record of developing NFL caliber quarterbacks than Michigan does?
You can't really look at the program track record as much as the coach in this situation. OSU isn't the best place to develop as a QB and prepare for the NFL, but out of the kid's three top choices I think its the best one. The reason is Rich. If Carr were still there I'd feel different, but Rodriguez would have basically turned the kid into Pat White v2.0 and relied on his wheels without developing his arm or mind to handle QB duties at the next level.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 01:44 PM

yeah all of a sudden DickRod is going to be able to develop Tom Bradys because he wears a Michigan hat now...get real. It's still a gimmick offense not sought after by NFL scouting departments.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Teams that reach the Superbowl earn it. Not so with the National Championship bowl game. Ohio State has proven two straight years it didn't deserve to be in the NC bowl game. But, you're right, getting there is an accomplishment in itself. Bigger audience all across the nation to demonstrate how overrated your team is as it gets crushed by real teams.

so what does that say about the team that has failed to beat this overrated team in the last 4 years?

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Ok, so none of the Michigan QBs except Brady have been majorly successful, but WAY more Mich QBs have been in NFL as of late than Ohio ones. I didn't quite understand if you were arguing for or against, but Mich has the decided edge in that category.

Herschel Walker
03-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Ok, so none of the Michigan QBs except Brady have been majorly successful, but WAY more Mich QBs have been in NFL as of late than Ohio ones. I didn't quite understand if you were arguing for or against, but Mich has the decided edge in that category.
Who was the Michigan coach for those QB's? Who is the coach now? What is track record and offense? Use some reasoning.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 01:55 PM
You can't really look at the program track record as much as the coach in this situation. OSU isn't the best place to develop as a QB and prepare for the NFL, but out of the kid's three top choices I think its the best one. The reason is Rich. If Carr were still there I'd feel different, but Rodriguez would have basically turned the kid into Pat White v2.0 and relied on his wheels without developing his arm or mind to handle QB duties at the next level.

Pat White isn't 6-6.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Who was the Michigan coach for those QB's? Who is the coach now? What is track record and offense? Use some reasoning.

Actually, Coach Rod coached Shaun King at Tulane. And, while Shaun King didn't have a very good NFL career, it's still more successful than any quarterback Jim Tressell ever coached.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
so what does that say about the team that has failed to beat this overrated team in the last 4 years?

That Michigan needed a change. Thus, a change was made.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Actually, Coach Rod coached Shaun King at Tulane. And, while Shaun King didn't have a very good NFL career, it's still more successful than any quarterback Jim Tressell ever coached.

because Tressel had one true QB he recruited...oh and he won a Heisman. The one he was handed over by Cooper won a National Title.

You can knock Troy Smith all you want, but if he was 6'4 he would have been taken in the first of 2nd round and you Michigan fans couldn't pound your chest about how great the legendary Shaun King is. Troy is still in the NFL, and after 1 year he didn't look all that bad. So your generalizing Tressel by one guy that wasn't his (Krenzel) and one guy that isn't proven yet (Smith)

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Has there been a OSU QB in the last 25 years that has more than 20 career starts in the NFL? Honestly, Tupa is the only name I can think of and he turned into a helluva punter.

Why does OSU get curbstomped when they play an SEC team? That 0-9 record drags down the rest of the B11.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Why does OSU get curbstomped when they play an SEC team? That 0-9 record drags down the rest of the B11.

great maybe Michigan should join the SEC

gotta love Michigan fans that brag about something they have nothing at all to do with.

Plus it's the Big 1 little 10

Herschel Walker
03-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Pat White isn't 6-6.
he still won't learn an NFL style offense no matter how tall he is. I personally think the kid had 3 bad choices that he used to make his top three, but I'd still go with OSU over Rich. Just my opinion, I'm more of a Texas fan so I feel about the same for OSU and Michigan.

03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
great maybe Michigan should join the SEC

gotta love Michigan fans that brag about something they have nothing at all to do with.

Plus it's the Big 1 little 10

Seriously, an 0-9 record. Why? They've always had talented players. Great teams. Is it just one of those things, an aberration so to speak?

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Tom Brady
Brian Griese
Todd Collins
Elvis Grbac
Jim Harbaugh
Drew Henson

Unless you go back to Miami in the 80s, no one comes close to that.

03-19-2008, 02:18 PM
All but one Wolverines starter since Grbac in 1989 has started a game in the NFL.

Who's the one? I can't figure it out.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
he still won't learn an NFL style offense no matter how tall he is. I personally think the kid had 3 bad choices that he used to make his top three, but I'd still go with OSU over Rich. Just my opinion, I'm more of a Texas fan so I feel about the same for OSU and Michigan.

Most of the successful NFL offenses now implement many spread principles. It's a misstatement to say a player learning the spread in college won't be learning an NFL style offense. Both Brady and Peyton Manning run offenses that have a lot of spread principles.

I actually think Pryor made a good decision choosing Ohio State. Ohio State's program is stable and has a winning tradition. I expect him to do well there. I just disagree with the argument that the spread won't develop a QB for the NFL.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
All but one Wolverines starter since Grbac in 1989 has started a game in the NFL.

Scott Dreisbach?

samikeyp
03-19-2008, 02:22 PM

John Navarre?

03-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Pretty sure Dreisbach started a few games for the Raiders. Navarre started a few for the Cards. Gutierrez never made a start at UM, did he?

EDIT: It is Dreisbach. I didn't know he was part of the Lions' roster during his NFL playing(if you could call it that) days.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
because Tressel had one true QB he recruited...oh and he won a Heisman. The one he was handed over by Cooper won a National Title.

You can knock Troy Smith all you want, but if he was 6'4 he would have been taken in the first of 2nd round and you Michigan fans couldn't pound your chest about how great the legendary Shaun King is. Troy is still in the NFL, and after 1 year he didn't look all that bad. So your generalizing Tressel by one guy that wasn't his (Krenzel) and one guy that isn't proven yet (Smith)

Well let's change facts, shall we?

Fact is Troy Smith is not 6-4 so why bring up anything using a premise of "if he was?" If Mike Hart ran a 4.4 40, he'd be a top 10 pick. But, guess what? He doesn't run a 4.4 40.

Troy Smith won't play another game in the NFL. Baltimore will draft another QB. And, Troy Smith will be best served if he becomes a wide receiver. Great QB development by Tressell.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I wikied it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Dreisbach

"Between 1999 and 2003, Dreisbach spent time on the rosters of three NFL teams, the Oakland Raiders, the Buffalo Bills, and the Detroit Lions, but never saw any regular season action."

03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, my memory is going. He led the Raiders to few preseason victories before breaking his leg in 1999.

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
You know, I don't like Troy Smith, but he is being groomed to be their QB. They won't draft another, this year anyway.

03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
You know, I don't like Troy Smith, but he is being groomed to be their QB. They won't draft another, this year anyway.

He was being groomed. That staff is no longer there.

Boller, Smith and Cullen Finnerty? Even the Leos have a better trio than that.

Herschel Walker
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Most of the successful NFL offenses now implement many spread principles. It's a misstatement to say a player learning the spread in college won't be learning an NFL style offense. Both Brady and Peyton Manning run offenses that have a lot of spread principles.

I actually think Pryor made a good decision choosing Ohio State. Ohio State's program is stable and has a winning tradition. I expect him to do well there. I just disagree with the argument that the spread won't develop a QB for the NFL.

Apples and oranges. The NFL offense that use some spread formations require the QB to make reads and secondary reads to throw while Rich's version of the spread has been best with a mobile QB who will make a primary read on passing plays but his secondary read is usually run. That is an extremely bad habit at the NFL level that will have to be reprogrammed in the kid's brain.

Like I said, neither option would be the best place but the kid made up his mind to choose between the two.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Apples and oranges indeed. If a kid is good enough and smart enough, he'll make the adjustment in the NFL. Tom Brady never ran a run-and-shoot type offense in college, but with the right personnel and coaching, he was smart enough to adapt. Same goes for any recruit and prospect.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Seriously, an 0-9 record. Why? They've always had talented players. Great teams. Is it just one of those things, an aberration so to speak?
who knows, the same team didn't go 0-9, the same coaches didn't go 0-9, its a mixture of a bunch of different coaches, philosophies everything.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Well let's change facts, shall we?

Fact is Troy Smith is not 6-4 so why bring up anything using a premise of "if he was?" If Mike Hart ran a 4.4 40, he'd be a top 10 pick. But, guess what? He doesn't run a 4.4 40.

Troy Smith won't play another game in the NFL. Baltimore will draft another QB. And, Troy Smith will be best served if he becomes a wide receiver. Great QB development by Tressell.

he developed him enough to beat Michigan 3x to go 3-0.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
he developed him enough to beat Michigan 3x to go 3-0.

Do you know how to stay on topic?

We were talking about developing NFL quarterbacks.

Do you know how to engage in a real argument?

03-19-2008, 03:35 PM

What the fuck are you talking about? The state of OHIO owns Michigan!

-TD

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM

I think it was you that swayed the whole topic of this discussion as to who can develop a better NFL QB (which really has nothing to do with Ohio State of Michigan)

UT09
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Both teams are overrated and play in a weak conference. Sure you (tOSU) played in the national title game, but was it deserved?No Neither team should have played, thats why no one out side of Louisiana gives a shit about this last national championship. Can you honestly say osu was better the UG or USC last year? Michigan lost to a d-2 team AT HOME, but they did beat UF....Whoever signed Pryor is going to have an edge in the rivalry UNTIL rich rod gets his dual threat. I think tOSU ownage of Michigan will end soon..just not in the next two years.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I think it was you that swayed the whole topic of this discussion as to who can develop a better NFL QB (which really has nothing to do with Ohio State of Michigan)

Nope. I merely responded to this:

If they can teach the kid to pass effectively this could be huge for OSU. Its probably the best choice for the kid because OSU is more likely to teach him to throw and raise his NFL stock and chance for NFL success than Rich R. Or Penn St.

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 05:06 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? The state of OHIO owns Michigan!

-TD

Do you have a scan of that document?

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Both teams are overrated and play in a weak conference. Sure you (tOSU) played in the national title game, but was it deserved?No Neither team should have played, thats why no one out side of Louisiana gives a shit about this last national championship. Can you honestly say osu was better the UG or USC last year? Michigan lost to a d-2 team AT HOME, but they did beat UF....Whoever signed Pryor is going to have an edge in the rivalry UNTIL rich rod gets his dual threat. I think tOSU ownage of Michigan will end soon..just not in the next two years.

this is true. its a shame it wasn't USC and Georgia in the Rose Bowl...

Thunder Dan
03-19-2008, 06:27 PM

I think losing to one of the worst programs in the last 10 years at home had alot to do with USC not playing in the MNC game...just a thought but if you want to play in a championship game you should be able to beat a team that averages 3 wins a year at home.

UT09
03-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Lol, Who did tOSU beat? I'm not a USC fan, but they are due an upset or two during the season. However, last year they had a few injuries mid way through. You saw what USC can do when healthy. they dismantled a team *Illi* that beat tOSU in the horse shoe. That alone shows that tOSU should have not been playing in the national title, neither teams had any business playing that game.

big 10 is a joke these days.

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I think losing to one of the worst programs in the last 10 years at home had alot to do with USC not playing in the MNC game...just a thought but if you want to play in a championship game you should be able to beat a team that averages 3 wins a year at home.

i love how people keep bringing up that stanford loss....who cares. they were still playing as well as anyone at the end of the year, they were still arguably the best team...and then they destroyed illinois. blow me with that stanford crap...teams will drop games they shouldn't sometimes, judge the season, not 1 crappy game.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 08:08 PM
i love how people keep bringing up that stanford loss....who cares. they were still playing as well as anyone at the end of the year, they were still arguably the best team...and then they destroyed illinois. blow me with that stanford crap...teams will drop games they shouldn't sometimes, judge the season, not 1 crappy game.

So two seasons ago, judge the 2006 Wolverines by their season, not one crappy game against USC in the Rose Bowl?

Your logic.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-19-2008, 08:10 PM
ROFL

the ohio state university is like one of the biggest abortions of a school of all time

jochhejaam
03-19-2008, 09:12 PM

http://static.flickr.com/78/155733289_44299089e6.jpg

JamStone
03-19-2008, 10:27 PM
http://static.flickr.com/78/155733289_44299089e6.jpg

Posted February 8, 2008:

Pryor should go to Ohio State or Penn State. Seems like his dad is really pushing for the home state team. He should be a star wherever he ends up but he sure brings a lot of drama.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86495&page=2&pp=26

johngateswhiteley
03-20-2008, 04:14 AM
So two seasons ago, judge the 2006 Wolverines by their season, not one crappy game against USC in the Rose Bowl?

Your logic.

no, not really. yes, michigan had a good year, but they beat up on the weak big 10. furthermore, i am referring to losing to a crappy team in a shocker...SC obviously overlooked stanford...michigan didn't overlook SC. SC just bulldozed them.

so, basically i am saying shocking losses mean less than big/huge wins...thats my opinion. another way to look at it, is if stanford played SC again, what would happen? if michigan played SC again, what would happen? i think only the stanford score would be significantly different. you don't have to agree, but thats how i tend to look at those types of CFB scores...makes sense to me.

Thunder Dan
03-20-2008, 07:13 AM

ok then forget Ohio St. losing to LSU and using your stupid logic to put USC in the MNC game

johngateswhiteley
03-20-2008, 08:10 AM
ok then forget Ohio St. losing to LSU and using your stupid logic to put USC in the MNC game

no, not really. yes, michigan had a good year, but they beat up on the weak big 10. furthermore, i am referring to losing to a crappy team in a shocker...SC obviously overlooked stanford...michigan didn't overlook SC. SC just bulldozed them.

so, basically i am saying shocking losses mean less than big/huge wins...thats my opinion. another way to look at it, is if stanford played SC again, what would happen? if michigan played SC again, what would happen? i think only the stanford score would be significantly different. you don't have to agree, but thats how i tend to look at those types of CFB scores...makes sense to me.

Thunder Dan
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
big ten crappy or not, Ohio State could take care of Stanford at home

NoMoneyDown
03-20-2008, 09:56 AM

After WVU's pasting of Oklahoma, I would have much rather have seen a Sugar Bowl rematch (WVU vs. Georgia) or WVU vs. USC.

JamStone
03-20-2008, 11:33 AM

I think if Michigan and USC played 10 times that year, USC wins 6 or 7 times. Michigan wins 3 or 4 times. Depending how they came out, I absolutely think Michigan could have beat USC. USC was great. I think Michigan was disappointed they weren't in the NC game. It's not an excuse, but I think that's what happened. So, yeah, by your logic, I think Michigan could have beat USC if they played again.

Further, if Michigan and Ohio State played 10 times that year, I think Michigan and Ohio State split 5-5. So, if we played that game over, I think Michigan wins and Michigan doesn't even play USC in the Rose Bowl.

A lot of hypotheticals and conjecture in your logic.

A loss is a loss. And, a loss to a crappy Standford team is not justifiable, no matter who was injured, no matter what the circumstances. Michigan doesn't get any pass for losing to App. St. It goes down as a monumental upset, not a shocker. USC is lucky Oregon had problems too, because with that Stanford loss, USC didn't even deserve to be in the Rose Bowl last year.

MajorMike
03-20-2008, 11:41 AM
This thread has more tangents than an episode of Family Guy