PDA

View Full Version : The question on everyone's mind concerning Barry

Phenomanul
03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I've not seen it addressed or answered anywhere...

Everyone knows he can't officially sign with the Spurs until the 21st.

But, before then:

Is Brent Barry allowed to use the practice facility and train with the Spurs (is he allowed to participate in activities such as yesterday's film session)?

Or is this another subject that no one must talk about? - Lest McDonald write another ill-advised finger-pointing story...

Bruno
03-19-2008, 08:45 AM
McDonald said that Barry can sign with Spurs on March 23.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031908.SpursMailbag.EN.37beef0.html

I think that Barry can do everything (rehab, workouts...) with Spurs except practicing with Spurs players because of insurances.

Que Gee
03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I've not seen it addressed or answered anywhere...

Everyone knows he can't officially sign with the Spurs until the 21st.

But, before then:

Is Brent Barry allowed to use the practice facility and train with the Spurs (is he allowed to participate in activities such as yesterday's film session)?

No.

Russ
03-19-2008, 10:22 PM
The question on my mind concerning Barry is whether he'll be re-injured once he suits up. Hopefully not. :)

Jimmy Bobby
03-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Interesting how Spurs fans suddenly see Barry as the Savior after the four game losing streak.

tp2021
03-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Interesting how Spurs fans suddenly see Barry as the Savior after the four game losing streak.

not a savior. we just want a player who can give us more than finley has. its worth a shot.

ChuckD
03-19-2008, 11:36 PM
No just someone better than Finley. The only thing worse than a Maverick is an un-interested ex-Maverick. Spurs don't need a savior, just a role player who can hit 3-4 shots a game.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2008, 11:36 PM
I didn't think about this at all. I'm still not.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Interesting how Spurs fans suddenly see Barry as the Savior after the four game losing streak.Who's the Mavs' savior?

SouthTexasRancher
03-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Jimmy Bobby sez: Interesting how Spurs fans suddenly see Barry as the Savior after the four game losing streak.

Oh, you mean like you Mavs fans drooling over Jason Kidd as your savior or wishing for Barry like every other team in the NBA, not to mention the fact that Mavs fans were downright giddy at the chance of landing Shaq? I get it...!

Last time I checked, the Spurs have 4 NBA Championship Trophys and Banners and the Mavs have how many? LOLOL The truth be known, the Mavs blew it in 2006. No way would the Spurs have lost to the Heat!!!

Go Spurs & Longhorns---Kick Butt...!

BlackSwordsMan
03-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh, you mean like you Mavs fans drooling over Jason Kidd as your savior or wishing for Barry like every other team in the NBA, not to mention the fact that Mavs fans were downright giddy at the chance of landing Shaq? I get it...!

Last time I checked, the Spurs have 4 NBA Championship Trophys and Banners and the Mavs have how many? LOLOL The truth be known, the Mavs blew it in 2006. No way would the Spurs have lost to the Heat!!!

Go Spurs & Longhorns---Kick Butt...!
owned

Princess Pimp
03-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Barry the "Saviour" !!!! :lol

ChumpDumper
03-20-2008, 12:07 AM
He could have saved the Suns.

Too bad.

RashoFan
03-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Brent Barry can sign with the Spurs on March 21, 2008 which is GOOD FRIDAY.
Thank you GOD Almighty!!!
:cheer:

RashoFan
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I was soooo tempted to start a new thread, but I thought bumping this thread to the first page should work...

greens
03-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Brent Barry can sign with the Spurs on March 21, 2008 which is GOOD FRIDAY.
Thank you GOD Almighty!!!
:cheer:

So he might play vs Dallas then?

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2008, 10:48 PM
McDonald said that Barry can sign with Spurs on March 23.
He was waived on the 21st so I don't see how we must wait til the 23rd.

honestfool84
03-20-2008, 11:11 PM
tomorrow is the 21st..
holy crap.
i can see him killing the mavericks on a last second three. :lol

Thompson
03-20-2008, 11:18 PM

Maybe because there are 28 days in February normally? This year was leap year, however, so that makes 29. If they say he can't sign for 30 days (starting the 22nd of February), that would mean he could sign on the 23rd of March (I think).

CarefreeAZ
03-20-2008, 11:19 PM
He could have saved the Suns.

Too bad.

No Thanks - Were fine

Whisky Dog
03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
No Thanks - Were fine

How's Bell's ankle? I haven't heard anything about it.

CarefreeAZ
03-20-2008, 11:29 PM
How's Bell's ankle? I haven't heard anything about it.

It's hard to tell from the media. At first they thought 7-10 days, than stated late today that it did not appear as bad. It is the same one he has injured a couple of times already this year so definitely Giraceck will be logging more minutes.

Leetonidas
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
I know what you mean. If he can sign today, shouldn't there be an announcement soon? I don't see the point of keeping him out vs. Dallas if we don't have to.

spurschick
03-21-2008, 03:02 PM
It's hard to tell from the media. At first they thought 7-10 days, than stated late today that it did not appear as bad. It is the same one he has injured a couple of times already this year so definitely Giraceck will be logging more minutes.

Too bad there is such a logjam in the WC - they'd be better off resting Bell as much as possible before the playoffs. Ankle injuries are tricky no matter how bad they appear or don't appear to be.

foodie2
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
No Thanks - Were fine

You were? And what about now?

timvp
03-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I wonder when Barry will actually play his first game. I'm guessing he can sign on the 23rd, since that's the date McDonald said. However, Barry hasn't been practicing with the team and who knows what type of shape he's in. Pop will probably hold him out until he can get a practice in.

The problem is the Spurs don't have their next scheduled full practice until the beginning of April. Pop might hold him out until then ... or he might just let him suit up starting March 25th at Orlando. I guess we'll see . . .

urunobili
03-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I wonder when Barry will actually play his first game. I'm guessing he can sign on the 23rd, since that's the date McDonald said. However, Barry hasn't been practicing with the team and who knows what type of shape he's in. Pop will probably hold him out until he can get a practice in.

The problem is the Spurs don't have their next scheduled full practice until the beginning of April. Pop might hold him out until then ... or he might just let him suit up starting March 25th at Orlando. I guess we'll see . . .
after three full season practicing with this team... i don;t think Pop will wait for him to do so since he knows all the drills and motions and the whole play book... this is not a "New" Guy... is almost as if he was still injured and now he's back... i say he goes right to the court if he's in game shape

1Parker1
03-21-2008, 03:45 PM
It's quite odd that we haven't really heard that much about Barry after his injury. Not after he was traded, not many quotes or reactions by Pop and the players about his trade or when he made his decision to come back to the Spurs, etc. We've never really gotten any routine updates or progress reports on his injury ever since he got injured again. I mean, Barry was an important enough player on the Spurs to warrant something.

DarrinS
03-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Who's the Mavs' savior?

Sombody call me?

http://www.nba.com/media/act_erick_dampier.jpg

Damp in the hay-ouse.