PDA

View Full Version : University of Indiana Interviewing Scott Skiles for Coaching Job

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
IU expected to talk to ex-Bulls coach Skiles

March 19, 2008

Indiana University is expected to contact former Bulls coach Scott Skiles when it launches its coaching search, a source said Tuesday.

Skiles was born in LaPorte, Ind., and led Plymouth High School to the 1982 state championship. He has maintained a house in Bloomington, Ind., where he is now and lives during the NBA offseason.

''If they're smart enough to hire him, they'll win a national championship in one or two years,'' said Bulls coach Jim Boylan, a former Skiles assistant who succeeded Skiles after he was fired by the Bulls on Dec. 24.

''I can see Scott coaching anywhere. He's a great coach and would do a great job at your local high school, grade school and he'd be a great coach at Indiana.''

Skiles went 165-172 with the Bulls from 2003-07 and helped turn around a laughingstock of an organization into a playoff team that reached the second round last year.

Skiles also is expected to be considered for NBA head coaching jobs this summer. He would not comment on the possibility of coaching Indiana.

''He'll relate well to college players, because he needs everybody on the same page to fall into his system,'' Bulls center Joakim Noah said. ''And he could definitely do that on the college level.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/850016,CST-SPT-skiles19.article

Indazone
03-19-2008, 11:08 AM
oh lawd no

sribb43
03-19-2008, 11:13 AM
he is a perfect college coach IMO..hard nosed preaches defense. players ego's and $ cant get in his way

Indazone
03-19-2008, 11:31 AM
He is a college coach. Please send him somewhere else! Like ummm Kentucky.

WalterBenitez
03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
They are done!

LocosPorJuana
03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Any person that shares my vision of banning head bands from the game gets 2 thumbs up from me!
Like Mr. Bobby, Skiles is a disciplinarian who fears no one. not only will skiles restore order and integrity to the program, But he will also win.

Leetonidas
03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Any person that shares my vision of banning head bands from the game gets 2 thumbs up from me!
Like Mr. Bobby, Skiles is a disciplinarian who fears no one. not only will skiles restore order and integrity to the program, But he will also win.
I have no idea what headbands have to do with discipline and integrity.

LocosPorJuana
03-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I have no idea what headbands have to do with discipline and integrity.

I was being funny, but i couldn't insert a smiley on 'quick post'.

But he did get into a confrontation with ben wallace for wearing the headband. He is very strict and would never conduct himself the way sampson did.

Indazone
03-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Friend of mine played Skiles in high school. After the game we had lost to them and he went up to shake Skiles hand. Skiles just looked at him with a disgusted look kinda like who the hell are you. Then walked away and my friend just stood there with his hand out there looking like an idiot. Afterwards, said Skiles was an ass with no common decency. Like he's a guy who's had everything handed to him so he thinks he's all that but he's not.

remingtonbo2001
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
He is a college coach. Please send him somewhere else! Like ummm Kentucky.

Yeah, the Aggies want Gillispie back!

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 06:11 PM
that would be fantastic hire, imo.

itzsoweezee
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
that would be fantastic hire, imo.

totally agree