PDA

View Full Version : It's kind of Ironic that Parker....

Phenomanul
01-12-2005, 11:18 AM
being a Belgian-Born French player chooses to 'blitz' opponents in the first half of games.... (World War Irony)

I mean... there have been several games (including some last year) where he'll have like 20 points at the half... and then he takes a passers-first attitude in the last quarter.

Maybe Pop has found that this is the most effective way to use his backcourt: Let Tony dominate the front end of games and allow Ginobili to come 'alive' in the 4th quarter (when not hampered by foul trouble).

boutons
01-12-2005, 11:29 AM
"Let Tony dominate the front end of games "

Nash did this last night vs Heat.

Steve was very active in the first quarter, pushing the ball in transition, even after baskets, always trying to drive and layup/pullup, or drive and kickout, very much like Tony does, sometimes. As a result, PHX set the tone and pace, and the Suns led 40-25 after first quarter and the game was effectively over, as the Heat and Suns basically traded baskets for 3 quarters, and the Heat never got close, losing by the same margin as the first quarter.

Compare with a very passive Tony who mostly settled for jump shots vs UTA, and the Spurs who got no fastbreak points, and I can't remember much in transition either.. It was stupid half-court offense all night, with Tony walking the ball over mid-court into a somewhat troublesome UTA defense. Spurs lose.

Phenomanul
01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I guess the question is whether Parker runs out of gas by the end of games or does so because of Pop's game plan....

hmmm