PDA

View Full Version : Confidence lacking at KSU, tries to change FB schedule

SrA Husker
03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Looks like Ron Prince is concerned that all those junior college players in his latest signing class may not be ready.

To summarize: A BCS conference school is wanting to pay $500,000 to get out of a HOME GAME against a mid-major school for fear the competition may be too tough. This is sad on many levels.

Coach Prince: The favorite coach of every other Big 12 team :hungry: :lol

K-State looking to drop Fresno
BY JEFFREY MARTIN
The Wichita Eagle

If all goes as coach Ron Prince plans, Fresno State will be dropped from the Sept. 6 slot on Kansas State's 2008 home football schedule, replaced by a Football Championship Subdivision team to be determined.

K-State senior associate athletic director Jim Epps, who is handling the athletic department's day-to-day operations after Tim Weiser announced his resignation Feb. 21, said today that discussions between K-State and Fresno State began about three weeks ago.

"Ron brought the issue up about seeing if we could divest Fresno and find a (FCS) opponent," Epps said. "So I got a hold of (Fresno State athletic director) Thomas Boeh and said, 'I know it's late, but we want to work with you. We want to see if we can find another opponent.' "

Prince could not be reached for comment Tuesday. Epps was asked Tuesday why K-State might want to drop Fresno.

"I'd say the obvious -- to moderate the schedule. Fresno isn't chopped liver."

http://www.kansas.com/248/story/345805.html

K-State Spur
03-19-2008, 07:26 PM
This is news? Look at how KSU finished last year. Of course, we're looking to soften up the schedule to give the JCs more time to adapt to the system.

Another factor with this game is that it is an opponent who has flat out owned K-State and the game is NOT likely to be televised, it's a lose-lose.

There are many, many legitimate criticisms of Prince thus far, but he has proven that he is more than willing to take on a tough schedule.....so long as it puts the Cats on national TV and increases the program's exposure.

K-State Spur
03-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Coach Prince: The favorite coach of every other Big 12 team :hungry: :lol

...except Texas.