PDA

View Full Version : *Official* UFC 83 Thread -St. Pierre VS. Serra 2



dbreiden83080
03-19-2008, 07:12 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/Ufc83.jpg


Don't want to step on Evan or Leonard's toes here since they do such a great job in this section, just wanted to start this up since i see we don't have a thread for it yet. Pretty good card as a huge GSP fan i am pumped for this one as i see him destroying Serra and getting his revenge. Main card looks like this.



Main Card

Undisputed Welterweight championship bout: Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
Middleweight bout: Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
Middleweight bout: Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry

Pre-Lims


Middleweight bout: Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen
Middleweight bout: Jason Day vs. Alan Belcher
Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Rich Clementi
Welterweight bout: Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Heavyweight bout: Brad Morris vs. Cain Velazquez
Middleweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia

WAR GSP!!!!

Rip-Hamilton32
03-19-2008, 07:21 PM
nice quarry is on the main card should be another knock out

Evan
03-19-2008, 07:34 PM
No toe stepping brutha! Hell I just like talking MMA...don't care who starts the conversation!

One thing about Georges St Pierre that amazes me...the dude is only 26 years old. Hasn't even hit his peak yet as a fighter.

I cannot wait to see this card..anytime we get to see GSP is a good day.

Absolute tragedy if we don't get to see Sam Stout vs. Rich Clementi.

But the UFC has done an absolute awesome job showing us so many fights for the last 5 cards or 6 cards so I think there is a good chance to see it. Mark my words...Sam Stout will be an amazing threat at LW in due time. Very excited to see what shape his career takes. He is only 23.

Evan
03-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Also great to see Rich Franklin...

During the initial boom of the UFC a few years ago Rich Franklin and Chuck were so heavily promoted it really got on the nerves of fans and sadly it turned so many fans against them (die hard fans that is.) Look at the records of these two guys and they are sheer greatness.

Rich's reign came crashing down at the hands of the best current p4p champion. Yeah the UFC over did it but they needed to. He fights everyone who is put in front of him and even Anderson said he is the best he has fought.

TheTruth
03-19-2008, 07:41 PM
What do you guys think Mac Danzig's chances to be a player in the division?

dbreiden83080
03-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Also great to see Rich Franklin...

During the initial boom of the UFC a few years ago Rich Franklin and Chuck were so heavily promoted it really got on the nerves of fans and sadly it turned so many fans against them (die hard fans that is.) Look at the records of these two guys and they are sheer greatness.

Rich's reign came crashing down at the hands of the best current p4p champion. Yeah the UFC over did it but they needed to. He fights everyone who is put in front of him and even Anderson said he is the best he has fought.

Rich is a stud and an all time great. He'll be in the UFC hall of fame one day. It is a shame as he is still in the prime of his career and he has NO shot at ever getting the Middleweight crown back with Silva now owning the division.

Evan
03-19-2008, 07:50 PM
What do you guys think Mac Danzig's chances to be a player in the division?

Man...that's the million dollar question. I think he can for sure make an impact...but as a champion...who knows.

If he gets a solid stand up game going...pretty salty!

Evan
03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Rich is a stud and an all time great. He'll be in the UFC hall of fame one day. It is a shame as he is still in the prime of his career and he has NO shot at ever getting the Middleweight crown back with Silva now owning the division.

Yeah I pretty much agree unless he does some serious re-training. New camp, new trainers, new everything.

He is like Evan Tanner in that his game has a lot of self taught tricks to it. He would have to leave his ego and previous mindset at the door and re-do himself. Damn near impossible.

Evan
03-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Also...I am starting to think Ed Herman has something...

dbreiden83080
03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Also...I am starting to think Ed Herman has something...

And Kendall Grove has lost something.

Evan
03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
And Kendall Grove has lost something.

Dude...indeed...what the hell happened?

Rip-Hamilton32
03-19-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah i think stout should be on the main card he always puts on a good fight with lots of striking, one of my favorite fighters

Evan
03-19-2008, 08:41 PM
yeah i think stout should be on the main card he always puts on a good fight with lots of striking, one of my favorite fighters

/writes down Rip-Hamilton32 on his favorite posters on any forum list...


:reading

dbreiden83080
03-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Dude...indeed...what the hell happened?

I tell ya it is SAD to watch him fall so far. Coming into TUF 3 nobody really thought he was much of a prospect but he got so much better on the show and looked so good in his couple fights after he won the contract, people then started hyping him. He does not seem to have a very good chin if you ask me and he needs work on his wrestling. His last fight with Rivera was very alarming as he got taken down and pounded out in 1:20 seconds. This being after he got KO'd by Cote. His confidence is probably pretty shot right now.

dbreiden83080
03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
So what do you think Evan, you give Serra a shot at the upset here again or will this be all GSP?? I think a hungry focused GSP is just an animal and i see him winning this one big in any one of a variety of ways. Serra has to land another lucky punch.

Evan
03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
I tell ya it is SAD to watch him fall so far. Coming into TUF 3 nobody really thought he was much of a prospect but he got so much better on the show and looked so good in his couple fights after he won the contract, people then started hyping him. He does not seem to have a very good chin if you ask me and he needs work on his wrestling. His last fight with Rivera was very alarming as he got taken down and pounded out in 1:20 seconds. This being after he got KO'd by Cote. His confidence is probably pretty shot right now.

Honestly...I think he will wash out soon and end up in ICON fighting out of his homeland. Who knows what happened to him.


So what do you think Evan, you give Serra a shot at the upset here again or will this be all GSP?? I think a hungry focused GSP is just an animal and i see him winning this one big in any one of a variety of ways. Serra has to land another lucky punch.

I think Serra came in 100% focused. IMO GSP slipped, literally, and Serra being so focused was in such a perfected warrior mode he capitalized on it like he was supposed to. Most would have missed their one shot but Serra got the job done. The mental part of MMA is so often discounted. Serra has it.

However...all together GSP is the superior fighter. Maybe this loss was good for him.

Word is Serra has severely wrecked his back so who knows if he can even hang with the average guys right now.

Evan
03-19-2008, 11:13 PM
And just to be clear, I don't want to take anything away from Serra. He capitalized on a slight opening most would have missed.

dbreiden83080
03-20-2008, 12:13 AM
And just to be clear, I don't want to take anything away from Serra. He capitalized on a slight opening most would have missed.

Interesting stuff. How do you see the fight playing out?? I think that GSP is going to not look to strike too much with Serra this time. GSP is the better overall striker but Matt has big power especially in that right hand, his kicks are decent as well. GSP has shown that he is one of the best wrestlers in MMA today. He outwrestled, Koscheck badly and Hughes 2 of the best wrestlers to ever fight in MMA. I have no doubt he can take Serrra down anytime he wants too in this fight. I think GSP will use his strikes to set up the takedown and look to Ground and pound his way to victory. Serra has good submissions but so does GSP and Serra has NEVER submitted anyone who is a legit great fighter. I think GSP will mount Serra and take the fight over from there. What do you think Evan????

Evan
03-20-2008, 06:27 AM
If Serra's back is wrecked I imagine he will unload everything he has as fast as possible then stiffen up as he goes. I wouldn't bet a dime he wins.

dbreiden83080
03-20-2008, 11:45 AM
If Serra's back is wrecked I imagine he will unload everything he has as fast as possible then stiffen up as he goes. I wouldn't bet a dime he wins.

Well if his back is wrecked there really is no point for him to fight GSP right now. The longer he can keep the mystery going surrounding his win over GSP the better it is for his career. Dana knew this full well that is why he sent him right back to coach on TUF and didn't have him take another fight right away. If he goes into the rematch with GSP not healthy and gets crushed he is right back to square one in his career.

Evan
03-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Dana knew this full well that is why he sent him right back to coach on TUF and didn't have him take another fight right away. If he goes into the rematch with GSP not healthy and gets crushed he is right back to square one in his career.

he hurt his back right before the Hughes fight that GSP had to sub in for.



"Matt Serra was forced to withdraw from his title fight against Matt Hughes at UFC 79 due to a herniated disc in his lower back. The injury became evident when Matt was demonstrating a move to his student and he fell to the floor in excruciating pain.[7].

Matt Serra confirmed to NBC Sports that his back was rapidly improving. He is scheduled to fight Georges St. Pierre at the first event to take place in Canada, UFC 83.[8]

On February 4th 2008 in Montreal during a press conference to officially announce the fight, Serra said that his back is 100% and that he will be ready on April 19th

I find it very hard to believing his back is fine for his line of work.

dbreiden83080
03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
he hurt his back right before the Hughes fight that GSP had to sub in for.

Yes he did but that was after he was on the show. Dana used that win over GSP as a means of hyping Serra as legit as much as he could. If he had fought someone else right away and never been on TUF, Dana would not have got as much out of him had he lost.

dbreiden83080
03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Personally i think that Serra's whole career is riding on his next 2 fights. I think Hughes is just waiting in the wings for his shot at Serra. I think that Hughes is looking for that fight he can go out with a win on and he sees Serra as that fight. Fight him beat him and then call it quits. If Serra gets beat bad two times in a row here he may be out of the UFC.

dallaskd
03-20-2008, 01:43 PM
wooo. rich is my boy. gsp should walk through serra but i love matt and will be rooting for him. clementi is classless. stout will walk through him.

Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy
Mark Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry
Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen
Jason Day vs. Alan Belcher
Sam Stout vs. Rich Clementi
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Brad Morris vs. Cain Velazquez
Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia

dallaskd
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Personally i think that Serra's whole career is riding on his next 2 fights. I think Hughes is just waiting in the wings for his shot at Serra. I think that Hughes is looking for that fight he can go out with a win on and he sees Serra as that fight. Fight him beat him and then call it quits. If Serra gets beat bad two times in a row here he may be out of the UFC.

I wanna see Serra-Parisyan again. Serra literally had the heat out in the first round. War Serra!

Although I thought Lytle beat him on the show finale.

LEONARD
03-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Although I thought Lytle beat him on the show finale.

Who'd have thought that that close decision (I thought Lytle won too) would have such a huge impact on the WW division...

dbreiden83080
03-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Official site is up with all the pre-fight anaylisis and some pre-fight trash talk. Good stuff you could see there is some genuine dislike between Serra and GSP heading into this rematch. The Franklin piece is good as well.


http://server-us.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?ci=us-ufcadtracking&cg=clickthru-octagonsearch&tu=http%3A%2F%2F83%2Eufc%2Ecom

lefty
03-22-2008, 08:59 PM
And it's gonan be here in Montreal !!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

Evan
03-24-2008, 08:16 AM
I read in this current issue of Fight! that it wasn't just one disk that Serra hurt, it was two.

tlongII
03-24-2008, 10:48 AM
As long as Serra is healthy he will knock out GSP again. Once you knock somebody out you own their soul.

LEONARD
03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
As long as Serra is healthy he will knock out GSP again. Once you knock somebody out you own their soul.

Punch to the forehead?? :lol

No chance...GSP is going to maul him...

Evan
03-24-2008, 12:09 PM
GSP is going to do some really bad things to Serra. I would bet anything on it.

oligarchy
03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Agreed. I believe GSP is going to make Serra look silly this time. Everyone has a puncher's chance, and Serra had his lucky moment in the last fight. It won't happen again.

Evan
03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.mmagifs.com/albums/userpics/10001/Serra_GSP.gif

Will not happen again

dbreiden83080
03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
As long as Serra is healthy he will knock out GSP again. Once you knock somebody out you own their soul.

If we saw Serra fight Hughes and take him out i might think he has a shot here but he has not fought since the first fight with GSP and since then we have seen GSP dominate 2 top notch opponents in Koscheck and Hughes. Serra has never beat anyone who is seen as a big time fighter other than GSP in fact he has lost to some very mediocre ones. I thougth he lost to Lytle in the TUF finale. GSP has what it takes to be one of the great MMA fighters ever he is not going to lose to Serra again. He'll win this fight HUGE and most would feel a 3rd fight is not necessarry.

tlongII
03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Punch to the forehead?? :lol

No chance...GSP is going to maul him...

I called the Silva-Hendo fight. I will call this one too.

oligarchy
03-24-2008, 03:41 PM
make sure you check this thread after the fight..

dbreiden83080
03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I called the Silva-Hendo fight. I will call this one too.

Serra's only chance is the KO. He is inferior to GSP in basically every aspect of the game. If he's banking on just winging big right hands and getting the KO in the rematch, Serra is in deep shit.

lefty
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
No to mention that GSP will be fighting in his hometown

LEONARD
03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Serra could win if he breaks out the flying donkey punch to the forehead...

Billy Cobham
03-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Serra could win if he breaks out the flying donkey punch to the forehead...

It worked before...

Evan
03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I will do a sig bet with anyone and I will put anything you want as long as it's within the rules of Spurs Talk that GSP will win. And you have to put what I want.

But...you have to be a regular poster who posts frequently or about as much as I do.

Evan
03-24-2008, 06:24 PM
It worked before...

I hate to take a win away from anyone but that was sheer luck at the highest order.

GSP is elite and Serra is simply good. He is a very smart fighter but his physical traits are average. I think he would struggle to take the belt away from Jake Shields over at EliteXC.

dallaskd
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
one thing i hate is when a guy KTFO of a superior fighter and everyone thinks its a lucky punch...if you think GSP will maul serra, ok, sure but dont take anything away from him. that was his night and he beat the shit of St. Pierre. Honestly im hoping serra wins so ever nut hugging gsp fan will shut up or at least serra hangs in there so people can give the guy some respect. I give GSP a 95% chance at winning but ive heard this story before....Couture-Rizzo, Soku-Nog, Hendo-Silva, Pulver-Penn.


you may think serra sucks balls and st. pierre is about to dominate the division for years but as of today Serra is 1-0 against GSP. And I think Fitch will beat gsp so i hope he enjoys the title while he has it.

Evan
03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
one thing i hate is when a guy KTFO of a superior fighter and everyone thinks its a lucky punch...if you think GSP will maul serra, ok, sure but dont take anything away from him. that was his night and he beat the shit of St. Pierre. Honestly im hoping serra wins so ever nut hugging gsp fan will shut up or at least serra hangs in there so people can give the guy some respect. I give GSP a 95% chance at winning but ive heard this story before....Couture-Rizzo, Soku-Nog, Hendo-Silva, Pulver-Penn.


you may think serra sucks balls and st. pierre is about to dominate the division for years but as of today Serra is 1-0 against GSP. And I think Fitch will beat gsp so i hope he enjoys the title while he has it.

Well...I don't think he sucks but the dude is a total ass and is the biggest arrogent shit talker in MMA.

IMO even more than Hughes and Diaz.

oligarchy
03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
one thing i hate is when a guy KTFO of a superior fighter and everyone thinks its a lucky punch...if you think GSP will maul serra, ok, sure but dont take anything away from him. that was his night and he beat the shit of St. Pierre. Honestly im hoping serra wins so ever nut hugging gsp fan will shut up or at least serra hangs in there so people can give the guy some respect. I give GSP a 95% chance at winning but ive heard this story before....Couture-Rizzo, Soku-Nog, Hendo-Silva, Pulver-Penn.


you may think serra sucks balls and st. pierre is about to dominate the division for years but as of today Serra is 1-0 against GSP. And I think Fitch will beat gsp so i hope he enjoys the title while he has it.

You don't have to be a GSP "nuthugger" to think that was win was lucky. I'd say the same with Shonie Carter's win over Serra. Serra even says that it was a lucky win. GSP gave Serra his credit and said he was the better fighter that night. The key there is "that night." In no way, shape, or form is Serra a better fighter than GSP. If they fought 10 more times, I believe GSP would win 9 of those. Oh, and Fitch would be handled just like Hughes.

I also don't get the Hendo-Silva reference. What was lucky about that win? I also don't get the Pulver-Penn reference, because Pulver had been knocking people out with quite regularity.

That's the difference with boxing and MMA. MMA has very small gloves, so EVERYONE has a puncher's chance to win. The same doesn't apply to boxing. So, yes, you can say many fights by an extreme underdog is a lucky punch. When you knock everyone out you face, then it really isn't lucky because you've master that particular aspect. I don't say Chuck is lucky when he knocks someone out. I'd say that Hughes were lucky if he were to knock someone out, because he isn't known for his standup. I'd say Serra were lucky because he isn't know for his standup. I'd say Diego were lucky because isn't known for his standup. Could they all knock someone out? Sure, there is that possibility.

dbreiden83080
03-25-2008, 10:31 PM
You don't have to be a GSP "nuthugger" to think that was win was lucky. I'd say the same with Shonie Carter's win over Serra. Serra even says that it was a lucky win. GSP gave Serra his credit and said he was the better fighter that night. The key there is "that night." In no way, shape, or form is Serra a better fighter than GSP. If they fought 10 more times, I believe GSP would win 9 of those.

Good points and like i said before i needed to see Serra fight Hughes to get an idea as to where he may really be at. His record coming into the GSP fight just screamed to me that "He got lucky and GSP made a mistake" Personally i was picking Hughes to win that fight on the strength of his wrestling and GNP. I thought he would beat Serra without much trouble and get the rubber match with GSP. That fight did not happen and GSP on short notice beat Hughes down and really beat him at his own game. He is just better now than he was before. 18 months ago GSP was not dominating world class wrestlers like Koscheck and Hughes on the ground and now he is. His standup is awesome and he is becoming a great submission fighter as well. I just think with him fighting at this level and with his focus for this fight being so high that Serra is in for a beating at UFC 83. I will be surprised if he gets out of RD 2.

LEONARD
03-27-2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.mmagifs.com/albums/userpics/10001/Serra_GSP.gif

Will not happen again

That's not even the punch that got him in trouble...he was already out of it when he ate that one. The fluky punch behind the ear is what ruined him...

dallaskd
04-06-2008, 01:09 PM
FLORIAN TO FILL IN FOR ROGAN AT UFC 83

When the Ultimate Fighting Championship debuts in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on April 19, lightweight contender Kenny Florian will be a part of the show, but not as a fighter for this particular event. He will instead join lead commentator Mike Goldberg in the broadcast booth and serve as color man for the pay-per-view.

“I’ll be commentating actually, start to finish, my first, my debut as the co-commentator,” said Florian on MMAWeekly Radio Friday night. “I’ll be there with Goldie. Goldie will be leading the way; he’ll be the quarterback. I’ll be the kind of back up.”

Florian, who helped with the play-by-play of the main event fight between Roger Huerta and Clay Guida last December, will assume the duties of color commentator because regular color man, Joe Rogan, had previous obligations and will be unable to attend.

“Bad for him, good for me,” Florian joked about Rogan’s absence from the show.

The Boston native, fresh off of a TKO win over Joe Lauzon at UFC Fight Night 13, regularly joins MMAWeekly Radio as a special correspondent to analyze all of the UFC fight cards.

“I’m looking forward to it. It’s not only going to be a tremendous night of fights, but it will be a great experience for me to get in there and commentate and watch these amazing fights real up close and do what I normally do on the couch, and yell and scream, except do it on TV,” Florian stated.

The main event of UFC 83 will feature a rematch between current welterweight champion Matt Serra and the man he defeated for the belt, interim champion, Georges St. Pierre. The show is already set to be the largest live audience to ever attend a UFC event.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6029&zoneid=13

desflood
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Bump. Where is everybody?

lefty
04-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Well...I don't think he sucks but the dude is a total ass and is the biggest arrogent shit talker in MMA.

IMO even more than Hughes and Diaz.

Love your sig

Evan
04-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Bump. Where is everybody?

sorry!

Evan
04-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Love your sig

Thank you sir! :toast

LEONARD
04-18-2008, 01:36 PM
-Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
-Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
-Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry
-Charles McCarthy vs Michael Bisping
-Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
-Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
-Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout
-Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
-Jason Day vs Alan Belcher
-Brad Morris vs. Cain Velasquez
-Ed Herman vs Demian Maia

Tons of interviews and articles here
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/?cat=454

Pics and predictions
http://mmamania.com/2008/04/18/ufc-83-predictions-preview-and-analysis/

Cain Velasquez making his long awaited debut (video)
http://bloodyelbow.com/story/2008/4/17/1695/81223

Odds
http://bloodyelbow.com/story/2008/4/17/997/70914

This might be the only time we’ll ever see the champ as a huge underdog like Serra is…AND his last win was against GSP! Crazy… (but I still think Serra will get mauled Matt Hughes style)

Performity’s picks
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4161/performifys-picks-ufc-83.mma

Couture is picking GSP
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6099

Clementi article
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4165/rich-clementi-looking-for-bonus-at-ufc-83.mma

Bisping article
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4166/move-to-middleweight-provides-bisping-fresh-start.mma

oligarchy
04-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I was wondering when the bump was coming...

Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry
Charles McCarthy vs Michael Bisping
Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Jason Day vs Alan Belcher
Brad Morris vs. Cain Velasquez
Ed Herman vs Demian Maia

Evan
04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry - I had a hard time with this..just don't trust his back
Charles McCarthy vs Michael Bisping
Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout - This win will get peoples attention
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Jason Day vs Alan Belcher
Brad Morris vs. Cain Velasquez -This guy could be a future contender
Ed Herman vs Demian Maia

Evan
04-18-2008, 05:49 PM
"
This might be the only time we’ll ever see the champ as a huge underdog like Serra is…AND his last win was against GSP! Crazy… (but I still think Serra will get mauled Matt Hughes style)"

People need to see it twice.

Evan
04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
MAIN CARD

Matt Serra (169.5) vs. Georges St. Pierre (169.5)
Rich Franklin (185.5) vs. Travis Lutter (185)
Nate Quarry (185.5) vs. Kalib Starnes (186)
Michael Bisping (185.5) vs. Charles McCarthy (186)
Marc Bocek (154.5) vs. Mac Danzig (154.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen (184.5) vs. Jason MacDonald (185)
Rich Clementi (155) vs. Sam Stout (155.5)
Alan Belcher (185) vs. Jason Day (183.5)
Jonathan Goulet (169.5) vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka (170)
Ed Herman (185.5) vs. Demian Maia (184.5)
Brad Morris (225.5) vs. Cain Velasquez (235.5)

dallaskd
04-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Im liking McCarthy to upset Bisping with a submission and then the UFC will send bisping back to england to fight a scrub.

Evan
04-18-2008, 08:16 PM
hah...I actually like Bisping a lot. He was my favorite on the show for sure. Brits have have a dry sarcastic sense of humour and I think it rubbed many a wrong way.

dbreiden83080
04-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry - I had a hard time with this..just don't trust his back
Charles McCarthy vs Michael Bisping
Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout - This win will get peoples attention
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Jason Day vs Alan Belcher
Brad Morris vs. Cain Velasquez -This guy could be a future contender
Ed Herman vs Demian Maia


We agree on all of these Evan. :toast

So pumped up for this event, WAR GSP all the way, it's payback time.


Here are the entire Weigh-Ins for anybody who missed them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/ivp/index?id=3352914&catname=MMA

dallaskd
04-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry - I had a hard time with this..just don't trust his back
Charles McCarthy vs Michael Bisping
Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout - This win will get peoples attention
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Jason Day vs Alan Belcher
Brad Morris vs. Cain Velasquez -This guy could be a future contender
Ed Herman vs Demian Maia


I like McCarthy over Bisping. Bocek over Mac. And Belcher over Day.

Evan
04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
We agree on all of these Evan. :toast

So pumped up for this event, WAR GSP all the way, it's payback time.


Here are the entire Weigh-Ins for anybody who missed them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/ivp/index?id=3352914&catname=MMA

cant wait!!!!

Evan
04-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I like McCarthy over Bisping. Bocek over Mac. And Belcher over Day.


:toast

we should have done v bookie but the odds sucked

cornbread
04-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Matt Serra (169.5) vs. Georges St. Pierre (169.5)
Rich Franklin (185.5) vs. Travis Lutter (185)
Nate Quarry (185.5) vs. Kalib Starnes (186)
Michael Bisping (185.5) vs. Charles McCarthy (186)
Marc Bocek (154.5) vs. Mac Danzig (154.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen (184.5) vs. Jason MacDonald (185)
Rich Clementi (155) vs. Sam Stout (155.5)
Alan Belcher (185) vs. Jason Day (183.5)
Jonathan Goulet (169.5) vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka (170)
Ed Herman (185.5) vs. Demian Maia (184.5)
Brad Morris (225.5) vs. Cain Velasquez (235.5)

oligarchy
04-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Matt Serra (169.5) vs. Georges St. Pierre (169.5)
Rich Franklin (185.5) vs. Travis Lutter (185)
Nate Quarry (185.5) vs. Kalib Starnes (186)
Michael Bisping (185.5) vs. Charles McCarthy (186)
Marc Bocek (154.5) vs. Mac Danzig (154.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen (184.5) vs. Jason MacDonald (185)
Rich Clementi (155) vs. Sam Stout (155.5)
Alan Belcher (185) vs. Jason Day (183.5)
Jonathan Goulet (169.5) vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka (170)
Ed Herman (185.5) vs. Demian Maia (184.5)
Brad Morris (225.5) vs. Cain Velasquez (235.5)

You didn't make a pick on the last. I assume it was Cain, but your underdog picks for the main two fights made me question who you picked. :)

cornbread
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
You didn't make a pick on the last. I assume it was Cain, but your underdog picks for the main two fights made me question who you picked. :)

I don't know anything about either of the two guys so I can't really make a call. Everybody's talking about Cain though.

I really do think Lutter and Serra can win these. Would I put money on it? Probably not.:lol

Seriously though, don't underestimate Texas' finest bjj and sub-grappling competitor, Lutter. I'm really hoping he pulls off the upset.

dbreiden83080
04-19-2008, 08:32 PM
After that win by the Spurs i am emotionally wiped out BABY!!

Gotta re-charge the batteries for UFC 83, WAR GSP this is your time baby put Serra down.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Congrats to Franklin for taking care of business like i knew he would and GSP for getting his revenge and dominating in front of his home crowd, GSP is back on track to immortality in MMA, great job GSP you are the man. :toast

Evan
04-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Kalib Starnes.......

coward

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/nggaplz_2007/ricieg.gif

http://i30.tinypic.com/sxjfc1.gif

Evan
04-20-2008, 06:25 AM
From Sports Illustrated.....:lmao

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2629/franklinforwwtitleny8.jpg

Josh Gross has a lot of work to do over there.

desflood
04-20-2008, 08:45 AM
We have a new nickname: Kalib "The Running Man" Starnes.

Obviously Quarry's switching camps has done him a lot of good. He's much more relaxed. Less stiff, more fluid. He even grew a sense of humor! He gets my vote for "Most Improved Fighter of the Night" :lol

Evan
04-20-2008, 09:37 AM
We have a new nickname: Kalib "The Running Man" Starnes.

Obviously Quarry's switching camps has done him a lot of good. He's much more relaxed. Less stiff, more fluid. He even grew a sense of humor! He gets my vote for "Most Improved Fighter of the Night" :lol

hahaha...agree!

You know...I can understand something like this happening on the smaller stage. Where someone only has a couple of fights and their basically fighting in the back of a bar with halogen lamps overheard and their still trying to decide if they want to do this MMA thing or not.

But to do what he did on the big stage is incomprehensible. I wonder if he will go the "I had a injury" route.

Methinks the UFC will cut him sometime this week.

And wow Nate impressed me....I guess his back is 100%.

oligarchy
04-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Damn. Evan and I were off by one. :toast

I didn't think Starnes was going to be a BITCH. Drop him. NOW. I don't care what his excuse was. If he was hurt, don't fight.

Saturday was good. Spurs win.. GSP dominates and makes Serra verbally tap-out.


As long as Serra is healthy he will knock out GSP again. Once you knock somebody out you own their soul.

make sure you check this thread after the fight..

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Ace is back baby!!!!!! Rich is a tough bastard to submit. Okami nor Lutter could even with a nasty armbar and i think okami had a kimura.
Although GSP dominated and looked amazing...im not going to put very much weight on this fight...it WAS matt serra.
Goulet had fight of the night that entire fight/KO was badass.
LMAO and Quarry. Starnes is a pussy.
Both i think Danzig and Bocek looked good in their fights.
Chainsaw McCarthy look BAD!

havnt seen any prelims yet.

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Havnt seen the Maia-Herman fight but it looked like short fuse got messed up bad.

cornbread
04-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I can't understand how Lutter gassed after 1 round of having top position. It's baffling.

Franklin's armbar defense was a thing of beauty. What an awesome display a jiu jitsu.

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 10:38 AM
St Pierre-Anderson Silva fight at o lets say 175-180ish....who wins?

cornbread
04-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Quarry's Rocky IV quote was hilarious.

Rip-Hamilton32
04-20-2008, 10:47 AM
St Pierre-Anderson Silva fight at o lets say 175-180ish....who wins?
i would say gsp, take him down and control the fight like always

Rip-Hamilton32
04-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Quarry's Rocky IV quote was hilarious.
i missed it, what did he say?

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 11:09 AM
i would say gsp, take him down and control the fight like always

really? well its a hard one to call and its one of those super fights you can only dream of. I think Anderson would win. Not much doubt in my mind hes the best on the planet p4p. I dont think many can beat either silva or Gsp at their current weight. I think Wandy could beat anderson. and i still think BJ would beat gsp but its unlikely for either fight to happen anytime soon so we may be seeing 2 LONG title reins in the making.

cornbread
04-20-2008, 11:38 AM
i missed it, what did he say?

He was talking about them booing him at first and cheering him at the end.

"If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 11:41 AM
really? well its a hard one to call and its one of those super fights you can only dream of. I think Anderson would win. Not much doubt in my mind hes the best on the planet p4p. I dont think many can beat either silva or Gsp at their current weight. I think Wandy could beat anderson. and i still think BJ would beat gsp but its unlikely for either fight to happen anytime soon so we may be seeing 2 LONG title reins in the making.

I don't feel that BJ has improved much from that first fight with GSP, maybe a little but he is basically still the same fighter. GSP is so much better as a fighter now it is crazy. He is stronger, faster, more explosive, much better wrestling. He will outstrike Penn in that re-match and get him down much easier i feel. BJ's submissions are insane but i don't feel GSP would have all that much trouble in a rematch with BJ.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Kalib Starnes.......

coward

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/nggaplz_2007/ricieg.gif

http://i30.tinypic.com/sxjfc1.gif


Oh my GOD what a bitch Starnes was.

He just fought his way out of the UFC for good, Dana will never give him another chance on the main card or any card for that matter in all likelihood. How the hell do you get out there in the biggest fight of your career, in the biggest event in UFC history, in front of 22,000 people and fight like that?? If you are going to lose then go out like a warrior not a fucking coward.

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 12:04 PM
lefty post your pictures.

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 12:09 PM
And Kendall Grove has lost something.

Grove is a just a perfect example of a good fighter who has a crappy chin. Tanner will KO him at the TUF finale.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Grove is a just a perfect example of a good fighter who has a crappy chin. Tanner will KO him at the TUF finale.

Probably his chin is a major issue, shame i liked him.

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Kenflo did a pretty good job last night. Thoughts?

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Kenflo did a pretty good job last night. Thoughts?

Great job by Florian, get rid of Rogan right now he annoys me anyway. He was on point in his anaylisis of the fights, did not step all over Goldberg's toes during the fights, did a good job in the post-fight interviews, well done. :toast

Evan
04-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Kenflo did a pretty good job last night. Thoughts?

He did an awesome job. He simply needs more experience and he has a full career at it when he retires.

Evan
04-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Quarry's Rocky IV quote was hilarious.

so funny

Evan
04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
St Pierre-Anderson Silva fight at o lets say 175-180ish....who wins?

I can't even begin to pick that fight. It makes my head hurt trying.

lefty
04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
lefty post your pictures.

Sorry my sister stole my camera

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Sorry my sister stole my camera

Hey how were your seats?? The atmosphere there must have been off the charts i could feel it just from watching it with the volume blasted on my High Def plasma. You must have had a killer time.

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Sorry my sister stole my camera

Did you end up going to the weigh ins? get any autographs?

oligarchy
04-20-2008, 02:32 PM
St Pierre-Anderson Silva fight at o lets say 175-180ish....who wins?

That is a hard fight to call. St Pierre wouldn't stand with Silva, I don't believe. If he did, Silva would own. Georges game plan would be ground and pound. I don't think he could submit Silva, but might be able to control the fight. I think it would be like his fight against Penn.


I don't feel that BJ has improved much from that first fight with GSP, maybe a little but he is basically still the same fighter. GSP is so much better as a fighter now it is crazy. He is stronger, faster, more explosive, much better wrestling. He will outstrike Penn in that re-match and get him down much easier i feel. BJ's submissions are insane but i don't feel GSP would have all that much trouble in a rematch with BJ.

It's not a matter of has BJ gotten better, it would be a matter of if BJ came into the fight into shape. They are two different men and two different fighters. I'm not sure Georges could beat in an in-shape Penn. The problem is, is there really an in-shape Penn?


And as far as Florian goes, he did a serviceable job. Much, much better than Sherk did, but he's no Couture. Also, I prefer Rogan. Florian seemed to get too excited over small details or things that didn't seem as big as he made them out to be, ie. "HE CAUGHT HIM!" and it was only a decent punch that didn't even rock the guy.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 03:42 PM
It's not a matter of has BJ gotten better, it would be a matter of if BJ came into the fight into shape. They are two different men and two different fighters. I'm not sure Georges could beat in an in-shape Penn. The problem is, is there really an in-shape Penn?


It is a matter of if BJ has gotten better, why?? Because GSP has gotten better. His wrestling is off the charts these days, he can take anyone down he wants to and he is a nightmare to try and take down. His stand up is much better as well as is his overall focus i believe. Penn does not have the drive that GSP does. He has spent most of his career coming in and out of shape. A year of focus followed by a year of taking it easy. He had Hughes beat in their re-match dominating the first 2 rds and he totally gassed out in the 3rd. GSP has great conditioning and if they fight again it will likely be a title fight, which means 5 rounds. He would have to beat GSP inside of 3 RDS because there is no way i believe he can beat GSP in the 4th or 5th round of a title fight. He will not have the gas tank required for such a feat, those late rounds GSP would take over the fight.

lefty
04-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey how were your seats?? The atmosphere there must have been off the charts i could feel it just from watching it with the volume blasted on my High Def plasma. You must have had a killer time.

I had very good seats; 6 rows away from the rink

lefty
04-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Did you end up going to the weigh ins? get any autographs?

I didn't have time for that; that sucked :depressed

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I had very good seats; 6 rows away from the rink

So how was it seeing it live, was the atmosphere what you expected, seemed awesome on TV.

lefty
04-20-2008, 04:58 PM
So how was it seeing it live, was the atmosphere what you expected, seemed awesome on TV.

It was awesome, especially considering the fact that GSP was fighting @ home

oligarchy
04-20-2008, 06:10 PM
It is a matter of if BJ has gotten better, why?? Because GSP has gotten better. His wrestling is off the charts these days, he can take anyone down he wants to and he is a nightmare to try and take down. His stand up is much better as well as is his overall focus i believe. Penn does not have the drive that GSP does. He has spent most of his career coming in and out of shape. A year of focus followed by a year of taking it easy. He had Hughes beat in their re-match dominating the first 2 rds and he totally gassed out in the 3rd. GSP has great conditioning and if they fight again it will likely be a title fight, which means 5 rounds. He would have to beat GSP inside of 3 RDS because there is no way i believe he can beat GSP in the 4th or 5th round of a title fight. He will not have the gas tank required for such a feat, those late rounds GSP would take over the fight.

He took GSP 3 rounds before. As Penn put it, "He spent the night in a hospital, I spent the night in a bar." An in shape Penn would be difficult to say the least.

Evan
04-20-2008, 06:32 PM
http://mmamatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/danzigbocekhl.gif

dallaskd
04-20-2008, 07:24 PM
http://mmamatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/danzigbocekhl.gif

Haha we were watching that fight at my place with some friends and all the girls were going crazy over the blood on Bocek's face.

Evan
04-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Haha we were watching that fight at my place with some friends and all the girls were going crazy over the blood on Bocek's face.

What a stud...he kept getting up time and time again. Dana will reward him for sure and give him another chance.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
He took GSP 3 rounds before. As Penn put it, "He spent the night in a hospital, I spent the night in a bar." An in shape Penn would be difficult to say the least.

BJ had a great first round but he slowed as the fight went on allowing GSP to take advantage and now GSP would take him good. He's more well rounded now than before. I have doubts about his chances against Sherk. That is a title fight, Sherk is a cardio machine who will push the pace, can BJ go the distance in that fight?? We'll see.

Evan
04-20-2008, 10:17 PM
And if those two ever fight...

I think GSP should go up in weight and Anderson stay where he is. Or honestly........ introduce a new weight class as I think the UFC should slowly introduce another 3 weight classes over the next half decade and thats it, only 3.

polandprzem
04-21-2008, 09:23 AM
And if those two ever fight...

I think GSP should go up in weight and Anderson stay where he is. Or honestly........ introduce a new weight class as I think the UFC should slowly introduce another 3 weight classes over the next half decade and thats it, only 3.

No way they should do new weightclasses.

The more belts to give the less real champs you get.

Like boxing having to many organizations and it failed big time.


As for the fight of the night - GSP was dominating from start to finish, Serra was defending himself well at the begining but later on it was too much for him. I tought that on the ground he will be having an adventage. GSP is absolutely great.

Evan
04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I agree to a point and trust me, nobody is more worried about boxing aspects creeping into mma than me.

But I do think they should add two at the least. I would like 145 to eventually make its way in and something to split up the heavyweight division.

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
GSP is good...Serra beating him was without question a fluke thanks to the weird punch behind the ear...

Lutter...wtf? Nice escape by Rich, but damn...1 1/2 rds and Lutter was done? The shots he took might've zapped him, but still...

Bisping looked great at MW...

See ya Starnes...that was weird. Still waiting for an explanation. It's almost like he was trying to sabotage the event? :lol

Bocek is a tough dude...he's shown he can take a punch at least. Striking striking striking. I like Mac...good to see him win...

and watch out for Maia!! Nice to see Ed get choked out...hehe

Props to the Canadian crowd!! Were you paying attention, American fans? It sounded like a soccer crowd...Oooooo lay o lay o lay o lay....hehe. Very cool...

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 09:41 AM
can BJ go the distance in that fight?? We'll see.

Won't need to...2 rds tops to smoke Sherk...

Evan
04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Props to the Canadian crowd!! Were you paying attention, American fans? It sounded like a soccer crowd...Oooooo lay o lay o lay o lay....hehe. Very cool...


Its one of the most common international chants and I don't understand why Americans haven't picked up on it. ...I freaking love it when a crowd does it in the EPL because you can make anything out of it. When I hear it I always crank up my speakers.

Roooooo ney Rooney Rooney Rooney...Rooooooooney......Rooooooooooney...

or perhaps...

Fuuuuuck Yooooooo Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuuuuuuuuck You Fuuuuuuuck Youuuuuuuuuuu

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

polandprzem
04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Evan you want a super hevyweight?

Evan
04-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Evan you want a super hevyweight?

205lbs to 265lbs is a huge gap and I wouldn't be surprised if 5 years down the road MMA has a hand full of heavies who are having a hard time cutting down to 265. Brock Lesnar has to lightly cut a week before hand.

So right there is 2 new divisions.

I don't want to see 330lb PRIDE freakshow slobs but I could easily see someone come thundering in at 280.

As it stands right now, everything is ok but like I said...if this thing keeps growing it just won't work as is..... in my opinion.

And if the UFC ever somehow gets into Japan a 130 to 145 type division is crucial.

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Velasquez vs Morris
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55py3_cain-velasquez-vs-brad-morris_sport

others coming...

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Herman vs Maia (WMV)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2hvu9

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 02:19 PM
nm

Evan
04-21-2008, 02:29 PM
thats a fake story

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 02:30 PM
???

Evan
04-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Keep reading that thread. People in Canada are saying its BS and the TS is a troll.

Evan
04-21-2008, 02:44 PM
looks like the thread is gone.

Evan
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showpost.php?p=18571400&postcount=776

"The UFC pays all medical bills."

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/heathedw/chicken.gif

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Lmao!!

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Kalib Starnes cut
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/UFC-cuts-Starnes-after-disgraceful-performance?urn=mma,78124

:lol
http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/georgesstpierre2.jpg

Quarry shows off his style at an afterparty
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/041908ufcafter/1060.jpg

Referee Dan Miragliotta had to put the whippin’ on a fan…lol
http://mmamania.com/2008/04/21/mma-referee-dan-miragliotta-gets-unofficial-ufc-83-submission-of-the-night/

polandprzem
04-22-2008, 03:59 AM
Wow Dana shows that you must to show up not to be cut from the UFC.
Damn those contracts are so owned by him it's insaine.
I haven't seen the fight cause I woke up for the event before 5am going to sleep at 2am after spurs game. So I saw Kalib but as I was in bed I fall asleep. Still I will download the whole ufc83.
But what I wanted to say is that that it brought good humor to the fight.
And damn Kalib is/was a realy good fighter, at least what you could saw when he beat up never giving up Leben.

hmm

LEONARD
04-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen (KO of the Night bonus)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x562dg_jason-mc-donald-vs-joe-doerksen_sport

Alan Belcher vs. Jason Day
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x561se_jason-day-vs-alan-belcher_sport

Soul_Patch
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Now bring on UFC 84, that is going to be one helluva card!


This one...was...so so for me....I knew the ME wasnt going to be much of a competition, i really like serra, but he cannot hold a candle to GSP. That dude is a pure machine.


What sucks is, who the hell is going to challenge him. I dont see anyone in the line up right now who can compete with him. I hope im wrong.

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
What sucks is, who the hell is going to challenge him. I dont see anyone in the line up right now who can compete with him. I hope im wrong.

Fitch is a good fight for GSP, a better matchup for him than Serra was but GSP will win that fight for sure in my mind. He will be so fired up to have a great title defense, since he was so embarassed losing the belt in his first defense last time. I tell ya though one great thing GSP has going for him now is he has beat every man he has ever fought, nice thing to have on your resume.

dallaskd
04-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Fitch is an animal. Perfect guy to push and challenge GSP. Penn would push him but that wont happen. Not alot for GSP at the moment outside Fitch. Jake Shields has all the tools to take st. pierre.

dallaskd
04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen (KO of the Night bonus)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x562dg_jason-mc-donald-vs-joe-doerksen_sport

shouldve been Goulet. that entire fight was badass.

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Fitch is an animal. Perfect guy to push and challenge GSP. Penn would push him but that wont happen. Not alot for GSP at the moment outside Fitch. Jake Shields has all the tools to take st. pierre.

Fitch needs to brush up on his sub defense. Diego damn near caught him like 5 times in their fight on his back.

Evan
04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe Lutter didn't gas after all...

http://i26.tinypic.com/jl2df4.jpg

dallaskd
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Fitch needs to brush up on his sub defense. Diego damn near caught him like 5 times in their fight on his back.

yeah i think Shields would have a better chance. Karo could put up a challenge for GSP in the clinch and i think Thiago Alves could hope to out strike him. Hell if Nick Diaz would get off the dro throw him in there. He beat Gomi.

LEONARD
04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
As long as Serra is healthy he will knock out GSP again. Once you knock somebody out you own their soul.


Punch to the forehead?? :lol

No chance...GSP is going to maul him...


I called the Silva-Hendo fight. I will call this one too.

:downspin:

LEONARD
04-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Sam Stout vs Rich Clementi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u0gpyr