PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan needs our vote!!!

SouthTexasRancher
03-19-2008, 10:40 PM
NBA.com has a poll about the Best Power Forward in NBA History...Tim Duncan is running way behind The Round Mound of Big Mouths, Charles Barkley. Big Mouth Charles must be spending big bucks to get people to vote for his sorry butt.

http://www.nba.com/ (http://www.nba.com/)

To vote go to the bottom left side of their Homepage and

Go Spurs & Longhorns---Kick Butt...!

bigfundamental21
03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks, STRancher for posting this.

I couldn't believe how far back Duncan was earlier today. The gap is closing, but Duncan should win this vote in a landslide!

CubanSucks
03-19-2008, 10:58 PM
BARKLEY? This is a joke. Duncan>Malone>Barkley

SouthTexasRancher
03-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I couldn't believe how far back Duncan was earlier today. The gap is closing, but Duncan should win this vote in a landslide!

Too bad NBA.com doesn't post the actual number of votes. No way should Barkley be ahead of guys like Tim & Karl and even McHale since he was so instrumental in Boston's Championships with Bird & Parish. As a GM though, McHale sucks!

bdictjames
03-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Its amazing how stupid people can be.

dbreiden83080
03-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Well that right there just shows you that complete idiots vote in polls like that. Barkley himself has said over and again that Duncan is the best ever. I think he also has said he himself is below Malone.

BlackSwordsMan
03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
wow tim duncan is way behind what a joke

BlackSwordsMan
03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
45% barkley

BlackSwordsMan
03-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Charles Barkley

48%
Tim Duncan

25%

Brutalis
03-19-2008, 11:26 PM
lal @ barkley

duncan228
03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
It's a crime if Duncan doesn't win this.

urunobili
03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
voted and will vote all day tomorrow... i can;e believe he is trailing this bad

BlackSwordsMan
03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
even barkley would call tim duncan the best pf and probably has

Behrooz24
03-19-2008, 11:51 PM
even barkley would call tim duncan the best pf and probably has

He did, during All Star weekend. He said 1)TD 2)Karl Malone

Gino
03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Duncan is a center......or at least looks and plays like one.

duncan228
03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Duncan is a center......or at least looks and plays like one.

Funny thing...NBA.com has him in a Power Forward poll.

Go figure.

Princess Pimp
03-19-2008, 11:58 PM
NBA.com has a poll about the Best Power Forward in NBA History...Tim Duncan is running way behind The Round Mound of Big Mouths, Charles Barkley. Big Mouth Charles must be spending big bucks to get people to vote for his sorry butt.

http://www.nba.com/ (http://www.nba.com/)

To vote go to the bottom left side of their Homepage and

Go Spurs & Longhorns---Kick Butt...!

Barkley>>>>>>Duncan

I Voted for Barkley!

Gino
03-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Funny thing...NBA.com has him in a Power Forward poll.

Go figure.

What does Duncan do that a Center does not?

He's the size of a center. He plays like a center.

Duncan says he doesn't like the label because he doesn't want to limit his game to what a center does, but he doesn't do anything a center doesn't do so why does he care?

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2008, 12:43 AM
start loading bots fellas

Obstructed_View
03-20-2008, 12:46 AM
What does Duncan do that a Center does not?

He's the size of a center. He plays like a center.

Duncan says he doesn't like the label because he doesn't want to limit his game to what a center does, but he doesn't do anything a center doesn't do so why does he care?
Duncan has for the majority of his career started next to an NBA center. The starting lineups the Spurs submit list him as a 4. He has for every season of his career been on the all star ballot and all star team as a forward. What part of that don't you nimrods understand?

dbreiden83080
03-20-2008, 12:47 AM
It's a crime if Duncan doesn't win this.

It doesn't mean a thing. Most people who vote on those polls are complete idiots, they see a name they like and they vote. Duncan all time is going down as the best PF ever and one of the best of all time, dumbass internet polls are not going to change that.

polandprzem
03-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Amazing that Robert is behind Kevin, but oh well Sir leads with a big margin over Timothy :rolleys

Now how do you espect those fans to give a knowlege about Bowen's defense for excample.

Gino
03-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Duncan has for the majority of his career started next to an NBA center. The starting lineups the Spurs submit list him as a 4. He has for every season of his career been on the all star ballot and all star team as a forward. What part of that don't you nimrods understand?

Well Team USA played him as a center. He's listed as a center on Espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3173

What difference does it make what he's listed as? The Spurs like to start two centers, that doesn't mean Duncan should be regarded as one of the greatest "power forwards" of all time.

How would Duncan's game change if they listed him as center and Oberto/Thomas at forward?

Earlier in his career, Duncan's bank shot was much more effective and he played much further away.

But that was a LONG time ago...how do we have to keep hearing the "Duncan is a forward" argument.

Remember when he and the Spurs got upset because he was listed as a center on the ballot?

Why did he care?

His game is MUCH more similar to Robinson, Hakeem, Shaq etc than Barkley, Malone, KG, Dirk etc.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2008, 01:00 AM
His game is MUCH more similar to Robinson, Hakeem, Shaq etc than Barkley, Malone, KG, Dirk etc.
I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain to me how Robinson's game makes him a center, but KG's game makes him a forward. :rolleyes

BIG z
03-20-2008, 01:22 AM
He did, during All Star weekend. He said 1)TD 2)Karl Malone
He said 1)TD 2)Himself

whottt
03-20-2008, 02:46 AM
OP, what's the Barkley hate?

He's just about biggest Tim Duncan fan there is...and he was aleady rating Duncan as the best PF of all time 6-7 years ago.

Beyond that...Charles Barkley was a flat out beast of a basketball player. I do think Duncan was better...but it's not that one sides. It's very close. And it's not a disgrace if Duncan loses out to Barkley. Barkley was damn good, and contrary to his TNT persona, he was all heart, and he was no clown when it came to wanting to win a championship.

He was 6'5 and he would open a can of personal whupsss on entire frontlines featuring players that each had 4-6 inches of height on him. He'd just wreck them, like he was 3 feet taller. He'd dunk on them, he'd out muscle them for rebounds, push them around, he was pretty awesome. And he was fast too.

Barkley was such an awesome player, that I'd say it's no stretch to say he was more talented than Duncan, but he couldn't carry a team like Duncan consistently, nor was he the leader Duncan is.

But if Duncan doesn't get my vote Barkley does...in a heartbeat.

IMO, the player most reminiscent of Barkley, is AI. They played with the same heart and attitude, and they overachieve and they are both funny as hell because they are so brutally honest....Barkley is definitely a superior player to AI though.

Side note: Charles Barkley was almost a Spur once upon a time.

pku47
03-20-2008, 04:15 AM
I Voted for Barkley!
Because he kissed your ass ever?

WalterBenitez
03-20-2008, 06:38 AM
going to vote!

NBA needs votes to understand that TIM DUNCAN is the greatest?

Doctor J
03-20-2008, 08:02 AM
It's just a popularity contest. Don't worry. :lol

MoSpur
03-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I can't believe Duncan is that far behind. Tim Duncan is a lot better than Charles. I loved Charles though.

Extra Stout
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
It's just an internet poll people. If Internet polls meant anything, Ron Paul would be President.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Barkley's the best basketball player I've ever seen play in person, and I've seen just about every Spurs team over the last 18 years. People shouldn't make the mistake of thinking seven inches of height isn't the only reason Duncan's in the argument with Barkley.

SpursFanFirst
03-20-2008, 10:56 AM
OP, what's the Barkley hate?

He's just about biggest Tim Duncan fan there is...and he was aleady rating Duncan as the best PF of all time 6-7 years ago.

Beyond that...Charles Barkley was a flat out beast of a basketball player. I do think Duncan was better...but it's not that one sides. It's very close. And it's not a disgrace if Duncan loses out to Barkley. Barkley was damn good, and contrary to his TNT persona, he was all heart, and he was no clown when it came to wanting to win a championship.

He was 6'5 and he would open a can of personal whupsss on entire frontlines featuring players that each had 4-6 inches of height on him. He'd just wreck them, like he was 3 feet taller. He'd dunk on them, he'd out muscle them for rebounds, push them around, he was pretty awesome. And he was fast too.

Barkley was such an awesome player, that I'd say it's no stretch to say he was more talented than Duncan, but he couldn't carry a team like Duncan consistently, nor was he the leader Duncan is.

But if Duncan doesn't get my vote Barkley does...in a heartbeat.

IMO, the player most reminiscent of Barkley, is AI. They played with the same heart and attitude, and they overachieve and they are both funny as hell because they are so brutally honest....Barkley is definitely a superior player to AI though.

Side note: Charles Barkley was almost a Spur once upon a time.

:tu right on!

daslicer
03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
I think it would be better if they rephrased the poll and asked people who is their favorite PF of all time instead of best. Nobody should take it personal its a popularity contest.

nkdlunch
03-20-2008, 11:47 AM
LMAO at Barkley being way ahead.

O-Factor
03-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Even Barkley would vote for Duncan.

Avitus1
03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
WTF? How is Duncan behind that much?

nkdlunch
03-20-2008, 02:03 PM
somebody email this to Duncan!