PDA

View Full Version : How good do you think Bynum will be?

LakerMagic
03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Compared to other big men who have played the game?

Gino
03-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Might make an all-star team or two but he'll never be a franchise player.

Medvedenko
03-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Next year we will know. It's still too early and we have Kobe and Gasol taking up a lot of shots.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Young Centers With Bad Knee History Forum.

JamStone
03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
With his size, athleticism, and agility, he has a lot of promise. If he recovers the right way, he could be very good in a few years. He's already very good at catching lobs in traffic and scoring pretty effectively in the paint with various short hooks. He's very athletic for his size. He doesn't appear to be a Shaq type talent, likely not even a Dwight Howard type of talent. But, I think he could be a slightly stronger and thicker, more skilled Tyson Chandler. I'd say his ceiling is maybe someone like Artis Gilmore or Bob Lanier. That's ceiling if everything goes right with re-hab and he keeps progressing and improving. But, he could also be just another Brendan Haywood.

DazedAndConfused
03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
The injury he sustained could have happened to anyone in that situation. He fell right on top of Lamar Odom's foot after skying for a rebound. The only other injury he sustained was in highschool and he missed a whopping 10 games because of it. I wouldn't say he is injury prone at all.

With strength training he can build up the muscles around the knee to help prevent something like that from happening again. Still find me a 7ft center that doesn't have knee problems at some point in his career and I'll give you a million dollars.

He has the potential to be a franchise player but I see him leveling out as an All-Star center in this league. The next 2-3 years will give us a clearer picture though.

LakerMagic
03-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Sorry, guess I messed up. I posted a poll in another thread. Didn't know this thread got posted.

Kori, plese merge threads. Thanks.

LM

mystargtr34
03-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Somewhere between Wilt Chamberlain and Chris Dudley

Gino
03-20-2008, 12:05 AM

:lol

LakerMagic
03-20-2008, 12:15 AM
The injury he sustained could have happened to anyone in that situation. He fell right on top of Lamar Odom's foot after skying for a rebound. The only other injury he sustained was in highschool and he missed a whopping 10 games because of it. I wouldn't say he is injury prone at all.

With strength training he can build up the muscles around the knee to help prevent something like that from happening again. Still find me a 7ft center that doesn't have knee problems at some point in his career and I'll give you a million dollars.

He has the potential to be a franchise player but I see him leveling out as an All-Star center in this league. The next 2-3 years will give us a clearer picture though.

That moment is burned in my memory. But it does look like next year we will have a clearer picture. I agree with your assesment. He is not going to transend the position, but will be an All-Star talent.

Killakobe81
03-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Bynum if healthy is a more atheltic Ducan but TD has way stonger, defense and fundamentals and low post game...but if his game improves the way it did this past off-season (and he has to work hard coming off the injury and going for an extension) ...he has a chance to be great. but Bynum is a true center not a hybrid PF like duncan so i doubt he wins MVP's etc. my guess is multiple all-star a career that's more Parish than Kareem ...but with the lack of big men that would be pretty good.

baseline bum
03-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Sam Bowie?

LakerMagic
03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Sam Bowie?

bullshit

JamStone
03-20-2008, 12:58 PM
You're not going to get an unbiased response here. Obviously.

LakerMagic
03-20-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah, I just thought I'd try to engage an unbiased debate.

Gino
03-20-2008, 01:43 PM
yeah, I just thought I'd try to engage an unbiased debate.

A worthy effort! :toast

Rummpd
03-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Not as good as Bob Lanier, Moses Malone or Patrick Ewing or many other greats and well below David R and the Dream but as he plays in LA will get lots of over-hyped luv.

lefty
03-20-2008, 05:46 PM

Allanon
03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Bynum reminds me of young Kareem/David Robinson put together. A finesse player with Kareem's shooting and David Robinson's speed/athleticism. Only time will tell but with his length, agility and shooting touch, he can certainly get his jersey hung in the Staple Center rafters if he works at it.

Physically and talent-wise, it's there...but does he have the desire to be an NBA Great?

mystargtr34
03-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I dont reallt see any David Robinson in Bynum at all.

Warlord23
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
No doubt he will be the biggest combatant for Greg Oden from 2010 onwards, provided both stay healthy. Not MVP caliber, but definite all-star potential.

Spuradicator
03-20-2008, 09:27 PM
I dont reallt see any David Robinson in Bynum at all.

+1

debo
03-20-2008, 09:59 PM
He will have his moments, but i think his career will be riddled with injuries and inconsistency. He will be a better version of jermaine o'neal

manufor3
03-21-2008, 04:34 PM

MajicMan
03-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Young Centers With Bad Knee History Forum.
Please see "Jamstone" on how to be a good poster. All of your posts are shit. You contribute nothing.