PDA

View Full Version : I want the Spurs to repeat and get their 5 ring.....BUT!!!

lebomb
03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
..........for some ungodly reason they dont. Im still overjoyed that I was able to witness my hometown team with 4 titles. I never would have thought in my wildest dream I would have seen a single title in my lifetime.

Anyhow, "that is all I have to say about that"

(in a Forest Gump voice)

koriwhat
03-20-2008, 12:29 PM
i hear ya brotha. i can look back at the late 80's and early 90's(when i got deep into bball) and remember thinking the spurs will never get out of the west and now? now? now we are 4 time nba champs? holy shit! never in my wildest dreams could i ever had imagine this franchise to be elite. we were always in the running but for some reason couldn't get over the hump(that being the blazers in the early 90's and other squads there on till '99).

i was talking to some buddies last night over dinner about the spurs and they are all so negative thinkers. i can't see why some people are writing the spurs off during this losing streak because afterall when haven't we made the playoffs in the duncan era? these friends of mine are def becoming debbie downers and i might have to stop hanging out with them until trophy #5 arrives at the at&t center.

ABE LINCOLN
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
it's okay, if the spurs don't win this year, they'll get it next year! odd-numbered years = SPURS ALL THE WAY!

1999 2003 2005 2007 2009!

BonnerDynasty
03-20-2008, 12:34 PM
The Spurs should be thinking 5th title or it was all a waste. Obvously this is not reality but getting that 5th title separates them dramatically.

Getting #5 means everything to their legacy.

They are going to rebuild the team after this year and ppl think they will win next year? Yeah fucking right. :pctoss

ABE LINCOLN
03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
history shows that the spurs win championships in odd-numbered years.

but the x-factor is robert HORRY! 1994, 2002 there is still hope

nkdlunch
I agree. this year is a big one. a repeat and a 5th right. it would shut all the hater's mouths for good. we would be a true dynasty and nobody could deny it

Jimcs50
Most fans are spoiled and greedy. If SA goes down in playoffs, so be it....as long as they try their best and no refs fuck them over, I will not whine and bitch about it.

koriwhat
03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Most fans are spoiled and greedy. If SA goes down in playoffs, so be it....as long as they try their best and no refs fuck them over, I will not whine and bitch about it.

true that! shit.... 1 trophy was enough for me in my lifetime but to be able to watch my spurs go for and get the 4th was an amazing ride. if they end up with a 5th this yr, the next, or later down the road it will blow my mind.

duncan228
03-20-2008, 12:45 PM
...I will not whine and bitch about it.

I won't either.

But this board will. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-20-2008, 01:05 PM
As a fan, it's healthy to have this attitude.

A player on a contending team, however, better not have this attitude at all. Especially on a team contending for an achievable repeat.

This is a borderline concession thread; and the playoffs haven't even started.

lebomb
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
This is a borderline concession thread; and the playoffs haven't even started.

........OH NO!!! This isnt intended to be that. I WANT TO WIN IT ALL AGAIN......do not get me wrong. :makemyday

urunobili
03-20-2008, 01:14 PM
merge this with the quitters thread plz

Avitus1
03-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I like the fact that they've won for but now its time for one more. They need to win to solidify the dynasty claims and put the haters to rest. Thats why I have no doubt that they will when its all said and done.

ancestron
03-20-2008, 04:51 PM
No more of this "If we don't win again it will be ok" crap. This is the most important title run of all of them. This one means the most. The San Antonio Spurs vs. the world. One team. One goal. Believe.

lefty
03-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Spurs threepeat 2007-2008-2009

Book it

WildcardManu
03-20-2008, 06:10 PM

Book it

Indeed.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, their failure lately is all down to them not wanting to win... :rolleyes

jag
03-20-2008, 06:21 PM
It's strange how people think if we dont win this year that it's the end of the run.

The big three are still gonna be around next year...and the year after....and hopefully the year after.

cbinge
03-20-2008, 08:53 PM
championships or not, it still feels shitty when they lose the last game they play in the playoffs, always has been and always will no matter how many times they've won the last one.

Forrest Gump
03-20-2008, 09:55 PM
..........for some ungodly reason they dont. Im still overjoyed that I was able to witness my hometown team with 4 titles. I never would have thought in my wildest dream I would have seen a single title in my lifetime.

(in a Forest Gump voice)

Momma always said "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

manufor3
04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
+1

mavsfan1000
04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
You all would be hated even more if the Spurs won a 5th title. It's a jealousy thing.

oboymeetsogirl
04-03-2008, 06:31 PM
It's real simple: if the Spurs don't go all the way this year, all we'll hear forever and ever is

1. This is not a "dynasty."

2. The Spurs cannot be spoken of in the same breath as teams like the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics of the past.

Simple as that. Spurs need to "repeat." It's put-up-or-shut-up time for Spurs fans like us...

honestfool84
04-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Book it

i can honestly see that happening.
and so can stern - that's why, i think, the spurs had such a hectic schedule this past march.

DazedAndConfused
04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Blaming David Stern for your team's failures is what pussies like the Suns do.

honestfool84
04-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Blaming David Stern for your team's failures is what pussies like the Suns do.

what failure?
if you'd call four titles failure, bring on the failure.

either way, im not blaming stern for any 'failure' you might be talking about.
im just stating the obvious fact that the nba/stern doesn't want the spurs in the finals for obvious reasons.

manufor3
04-03-2008, 07:05 PM
It's real simple: if the Spurs don't go all the way this year, all we'll hear forever and ever is

2. The Spurs cannot be spoken of in the same breath as teams like the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics of the past.

Simple as that. Spurs need to "repeat." It's put-up-or-shut-up time for Spurs fans like us...
the bird-celtics never repeated

boutons_
04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
When a lot of people have already given the Title to the Celts, Spurs taking it would be very sweet, beating the team that dominated the league with best record, along with the Repeat.

Get a split it Boston, and Celts lose HCA, welcome to 3 straight in SA. Their great season goes poof.

First, get out of the tough WC.

SouthernFried
04-03-2008, 07:51 PM

We have 4 rings.

Why do you give a fuck what anyone else says?

FromWayDowntown
04-03-2008, 07:54 PM
It must be a pretty miserable existence to convince yourself that the league would actually make special efforts to undermine the chances of your favorite team.

If the Spurs don't repeat, it won't be David Stern's fault.

LavaLamp
04-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I like the fact that they've won for but now its time for one more. They need to win to solidify the dynasty claims and put the haters to rest. Thats why I have no doubt that they will when its all said and done.

In all likelihood, nothing your team achieves will put the haters to rest. They are haters because they choose to be. Just enjoy the journey and the achievements. Don't spend too much energy paying attention to the Spurs haters.

Princess Pimp
04-03-2008, 10:47 PM

(in a Forest Gump voice) Good consolation...Never a repeat though!

lefty
04-03-2008, 11:05 PM
it's okay, if the spurs don't win this year, they'll get it next year! odd-numbered years = SPURS ALL THE WAY!

1999 2003 2005 2007 2008 2009!

Fixed it for you :D

duncan228
04-03-2008, 11:11 PM
I consider the Spurs a dynasty. Bird's Celtics didn't repeat and they're considered a dynasty, if they are with 3 we are with 4 (especially with 3 in 5).

I want the repeat but I won't jump if it doesn't happen. This is my team, win, lose or draw.

Duncan was asked on Media day about the "even year curse." He said he had no idea what it was but that if the Championships came every other year he was okay with that.

I believe Duncan wants the repeat more than he ever has. He's got a war experienced cast around him. The West is as tough as it has ever been. It's a challenge I know Duncan will rise to. As long as he, and his team, leave it all on the court every game I'll be okay no matter how it turns out.

Of course, I'll be happier if I can watch Duncan raise both Trophies again in June. And I like my chances of seeing that. :)

Princess Pimp
04-04-2008, 02:57 AM
I consider the Spurs a dynasty. Bird's Celtics didn't repeat and they're considered a dynasty, if they are with 3 we are with 4 (especially with 3 in 5).

I want the repeat but I won't jump if it doesn't happen. This is my team, win, lose or draw.

Duncan was asked on Media day about the "even year curse." He said he had no idea what it was but that if the Championships came every other year he was okay with that.

I believe Duncan wants the repeat more than he ever has. He's got a war experienced cast around him. The West is as tough as it has ever been. It's a challenge I know Duncan will rise to. As long as he, and his team, leave it all on the court every game I'll be okay no matter how it turns out.

Of course, I'll be happier if I can watch Duncan raise both Trophies again in June. And I like my chances of seeing that. :)

They are consider a Dynasty becase they have 16 championships and many many repeats, who cares if Bird's Celtics didn't repeat?

What a dumbass!

Year-----League Champ-----Regular Season MVP

1965-66 NBA Boston Celtics Wilt Chamberlain
1964-65 NBA Boston Celtics Bill Russell
1963-64 NBA Boston Celtics Oscar Robertson
1962-63 NBA Boston Celtics Bill Russell
1961-62 NBA Boston Celtics Bill Russell
1960-61 NBA Boston Celtics Bill Russell
1959-60 NBA Boston Celtics Wilt Chamberlain
1958-59 NBA Boston Celtics Bob Pettit

duncan228
04-04-2008, 03:22 AM
They are consider a Dynasty becase they have 16 championships and many many repeats, who cares if Bird's Celtics didn't repeat?

Hey asshole with no fucking life besides trolling a message board of a team you hate...I was talking about Bird's Celtics only, not the Celtics history.
Read my post again, where I said Bird's Celtics.

anakha
04-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Reading comprehension, Louis. It's not that hard. :lol

Princess Pimp
04-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Hey asshole with no fucking life besides trolling a message board of a team you hate...I was talking about Bird's Celtics only, not the Celtics history.
Read my post again, where I said Bird's Celtics.

And can you read where I said

"Who cares if Bird's Celtics didn;t repeat"??

Read it again!

anakha
04-04-2008, 03:40 AM
And can you read where I said

"Who cares if Bird's Celtics didn;t repeat"??

Read it again!

Then you've pretty much contradicted your entire argument. Which is even worse. :lmao

duncan228
04-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Bird's Celtics are condisered a dynasty.
That's the statement.

Princess Pimp
04-04-2008, 03:44 AM
Bird's Celtics are condisered a dynasty.
That's the statement.
I thought you had me on ignore! :lol

Anyways the Celtics are considered a DYNASTY NOT BECUASE OF BIRD BUT FOR THEIR RICH HISTORY,

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-04-2008, 03:48 AM
but what?
we will be crushed , join the club

duncan228
04-04-2008, 03:53 AM
Rick Kamla's opinion on Bird's Celtics, the dynasty.

"Spurs/Duncan doubters love to point out the fact that the Spurs' dynasty lacks a repeat, but Bird's Celtics are considered one of the game's great dynasties and they never repeated, so what's up with that?"

Jun 16, 2007
Posted by Rick Kamla

Tim Duncan, 31, said recently that he could see his body holding up for five more seasons. In other words, the Spurs will be title contenders for at least the next five seasons, just as they have been the past five seasons. And when you think back on the Spurs' dynastic run of winning three of the last five chips, it could have been five-for-five if not for Derek Fisher's shot in 2004 and Manu's foul on Dirk Nowitzki in 2006.

Assuming the third-best Big Three of all-time stays healthy and under contract for the next five years, you gotta like their chances of at least duplicating the three-outta-five scenario.

Here's where I am regarding the whole dynasty debate. Winning four championships in nine years definitely qualifies as a dynasty, but it just isn't one of the great dynasties--at least not yet. Taking nothing away from the Spurs, but their run just doesn't stack up with the Celtics of the 60s, Lakers of the 80s, Bulls of the 90s, and Lakers of the 00s.

You may be wondering where the Celtics of the 80s were in that sentence. Here's the deal.

While that Celtics' team was better than this Spurs' squad (I'd call Celtics in 5.5 games if they met in a virtual Finals), the best stretch for Bird's Celtics was three titles in six years. So the Spurs got 'em in that respect in winning three outta five. Furthermore, Spurs/Duncan doubters love to point out the fact that the Spurs' dynasty lacks a repeat, but Bird's Celtics are considered one of the game's great dynasties and they never repeated, so what's up with that?

Don't worry, Spurs fans, because your team will win at least two more championships, and when they do, your team will get its due and take its place among the game's great dynasties. And we won't have to apply asterisks or make qualifying statements or any of that mumbo-jumbo I get paid to mumble.

All we'll have to say is: Duncan's Dynasty.

duncan228
04-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Notice where Kamla said that Bird's Celtics are considered one of the games great dynasties? He says that separate from the 60's Celtics, which he also mentions.

So no, the Celtics are not considered a dynasty for their 60's performances alone.
Bird's Celtics are also considered a dynasty.
Which is all I said.

duncan228
04-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Oh, I take you on and off ignore depending on how bored I am. It's 2:00 in the morning, I'm pretty bored.

to21
04-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Don't take the bait d228.

duncan228
04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Don't take the bait d228.

Thanks.
I usually don't. I was bored.

honestfool84
04-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey asshole with no fucking life besides trolling a message board of a team you hate...

i think this is actually kori..
and she's just spicing up the forum.

:lol

duncan228
04-04-2008, 08:55 AM
i think this is actually kori..
and she's just spicing up the forum.

Anything is possible but I don't think Kori has enough time in her life to play this fool.

honestfool84
04-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Anything is possible but I don't think Kori has enough time in her life to play this fool.

ha. true that.
but still; i can't think of any reason that princessbitch would want to spend so much time here..
she probably spends more time than alot of us avid spurs fans do.
ha.

duncan228
04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
ha. true that.
but still; i can't think of any reason that princessbitch would want to spend so much time here..
she probably spends more time than alot of us avid spurs fans do.
ha.

Kori has said that he's been trolling Spurs boards for years under different names and teams. He doesn't appear to have any other joy in his life.

I usually keep him on ignore under whatever name he's using but I was really bored in the middle of the night. The only way he'll ever stop is if we don't feed him. My bad. :lol

honestfool84
04-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Kori has said that he's been trolling Spurs boards for years under different names and teams. He doesn't appear to have any other joy in his life.

I usually keep him on ignore under whatever name he's using but I was really bored in the middle of the night. The only way he'll ever stop is if we don't feed him. My bad. :lol

yeah..
i feel like im arguing with my ten year old sister when i argue with her..

703 Spurz
04-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I agree. this year is a big one. a repeat and a 5th right. it would shut all the hater's mouths for good. we would be a true dynasty and nobody could deny it

Why the fuck care about what a jealous hater has to say anyway dude?