PDA

View Full Version : Could a team of tiny men beat a team of giant women?

ABE LINCOLN
03-20-2008, 12:29 PM
C) Damon Stoudamire (Go Spurs!) - 5'10"
PF) Nate Robinson - 5'9"
SF) Spud Webb - 5'7"
SG) Earl Boykins - 5'5"
PG) Muggsy Bogues - 5'3"

versus

C) Margo Dydek - 7'2"
PF) Brittney Griner - 6'9"
SF) Kara Wolters - 6'8"
SG) Lisa Leslie - 6'5"
PG) Candace Parker - 6'4"

I have to go with the ladies here. Their size is just too much, kind of like when David Robinson (God rest his soul) had to guard Shaq. Little men can't get rebounds either!

koriwhat
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
PF) Nate Robinson - 5'9"
SF) Spud Webb - 5'7"
SG) Earl Boykins - 5'5"
PG) Muggsy Bogues - 5'3"

versus

C) Margo Dydek - 7'2"
SF) Kara Wolters - 6'8"
SG) Lisa Leslie - 6'5"

I have to go with the ladies here. Their size is just too much, kind of like when David Robinson (God rest his soul) had to guard Shaq. Little men can't get rebounds either!

women can't ball.

i'm sure they'd kick my ass but going up against nba talent... no way!

ABE LINCOLN
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
but how could little men hold them in the post? they'd have all their shots blocked :(

koriwhat
03-20-2008, 12:47 PM
i don't know if it's just me but the times i've seen the wnba i've felt like i was watching middle school bball. i mean all the fumbling around, the falling, bad passes, ugly shots, and just horrible game play totally turned me off from even remotely being interested in the league. it's just horrible bball all around.

i'd still have to go with the nba talent over that of the wnba(wYMCA).

xmas1997
03-20-2008, 12:49 PM
They'd do just fine as long as they wore steal nut protectors.

nkdlunch
03-20-2008, 12:49 PM
little nate and spud would be dunkin on top of those nappy heads!

ABE LINCOLN
03-20-2008, 12:51 PM
all of the women players listed can dunk too. i don't see the little men getting any rebounds.

they give up over a foot in height at each position! david robinson (God rest his soul) was only an inch shorter then shaq and look what happened there. :(

koriwhat
03-20-2008, 12:53 PM
all of the women players listed can dunk too. i don't see the little men getting any rebounds.

they give up over a foot in height at each position! david robinson (God rest his soul) was only an inch shorter then shaq and look what happened there. :(

and shaq is huge and always has been. size not height i think played a role there.

JamStone
03-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Short men would win. They'd just run the ladies to death.

I recall a pretty amusing story from college where one of my good female friends had a bet with one of her guy friends that she could beat him in a 2 mile race. So they set up a date about a month in advanced. She trained like crazy every day or every other day building up her endurance and stamina. He did nothing. Smoked and drank even more heavily than normal. Day of the race, he blew her out of the water by like 2 minutes.

LakerMagic
03-20-2008, 01:28 PM
littlemen>big women

DAF86
03-20-2008, 01:35 PM
:lol very original post!

i'll go with the midgets

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-20-2008, 01:36 PM
If you can find a way to field a team of average sized transexuals I think a round robin tournament could make some serious money.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-20-2008, 01:36 PM

they give up over a foot in height at each position! david robinson (God rest his soul) was only an inch shorter then shaq and look what happened there. :(WTF??? when did David pass away???

rascal
03-20-2008, 01:42 PM

You forget that the men are much quicker to the ball for loose rebounds and will be going right by the slower women.

T Park
03-20-2008, 01:42 PM
yeah i dont get the god resting his soul with David Robinson....

E20
03-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I could post up those giant women. Little midgets all day any day.

Timmy!
03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
PF) Nate Robinson - 5'9"
SF) Spud Webb - 5'7"
SG) Earl Boykins - 5'5"
PG) Muggsy Bogues - 5'3"

versus

C) Margo Dydek - 7'2"
SF) Kara Wolters - 6'8"
SG) Lisa Leslie - 6'5"

This could be the cast of a freakishly fun fetish movie. :clap

CavsSuperFan
03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
i don't know if it's just me but i've felt like i was watching middle school bball. i mean all the fumbling around, the falling, bad passes, ugly shots, and just horrible game play totally turned me off from even it's just horrible bball all around...

I think the game you saw was the Lakers trying to compete with the Celtics... (Or ANY team from the East)...:smokin

koriwhat
03-20-2008, 03:02 PM

wow what a way to take my words and scramble them up in quoted fashion. :toast

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 04:10 PM
the little guys would win.

But I think Candace Parker is good enough to play in the NBA. She wouldn't be a star, but she could be a decent backup player. You can't tell me she couldn't help out the Miami Heat right now.

ABE LINCOLN
03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
you guys make a good point about speed? what if they only play halfcourt? i dont think the little guys could get any rebounds lol

JamStone
03-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Dydek is 7-2 but can't get 10 inches off the ground. I don't know the other two tall players on that front court. Nate Robinson has blocked Yao Ming before. I don't think rebounding would be as much of a problem as you think, even in a half court game.

majinkoola
03-20-2008, 04:48 PM
The men would win by at the very least 70 points. The women would turn it over about 50 times resulting in layups for the men.

Gino
03-20-2008, 05:11 PM
little nate and spud would be dunkin on top of those nappy heads!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

JamStone
03-20-2008, 05:15 PM
It's still a matter of talent and athleticism. Pick the five best WNBA players and get five average to below average NBA players, none over say 6 feet tall, and the WNBA players would still get crushed.

Diana Taurasi
Tamika Catchings
Candace Parker
Lauren Jackson
Lisa Leslie

-vs-

Brevin Knight
Dan Dickau
Chucky Atkins
Tyronn Lue
Jameer Nelson

I'd still put money on the shorter men.

Don Quixote
03-20-2008, 09:19 PM
The men would win by at the very least 70 points. The women would turn it over about 50 times resulting in layups for the men.

Yes, I think that would be the deciding factor. The height advantage the Chicks have over the Dudes would be nullified by the Dudes' greater strength, speed, and skill. Plus, the Dudes would all shoot better too. It wouldn't even be close if the Dudes decided to run.

ABE LINCOLN
03-22-2008, 02:44 PM
the little guys aren't that strong. i bet brittney griner can outbench the guys combined

ladies for the win!

Allanon
03-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Spudd Webb, Mugsy Bogues and Earl Boykins would be looking straight into so much pussy they wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Besides, the Munchkins would have to shoot contested jumpers all day long whereas the Giants would just post and throw it into the basket. You can't win a game when all of your shots have to come outside the paint against a team that will score 100% in the paint. Just look at all the leading FG% players, they're all big men.

WNBA wins.

majinkoola
03-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Anyone who says the women would win, or have any sort of chance, hasn't seen or played in many games that include men and women. That, and they don't respect how amazingly good NBA players are. For the men, there wouldn't be much of a half court game. As I said before, the women would turn it over a bunch resulting in fast break points. Even when the ladies scored, the men could just inbound the ball quickly and beat them to the other end of the court. And the men could easily take into the paint and score on the women. Their verticals would negate the height.

spurms
03-23-2008, 12:38 AM
all of the little men listed could dunk, margo dydek could barely get off her feet, and weight like what? 200lbs? could she even dunk? nope, the little men will run the ginatess ragged.

lefty
03-23-2008, 12:40 AM
To answer the original question : NO

In fact, the Yao-less Rockets just lost to the Suns

Brutalis
03-23-2008, 12:42 AM
maybe he meant god BLESS his soul

sabar
03-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Women don't grow up the same as men. They become less talented because of it. Fact is, where do all the good coaches, GMs, trainers end up? The NBA. Then Euroleague, then minor leagues, then college, then the WNBA. Women get the table scraps, they'll never get to their full potential. A WNBA team would kill for Chip Engelland.

Plus, basketball doesn't hit broadly with women as with men, resulting in more talent wasted and lost. This is mostly a result of parents giving their daughters barbie dolls instead of a football or something. Kind of a self-destructive cycle, I'm glad I'm a male.

Because of stuff like this, the men will always win. If Kobe was born a female she'd be playing on a no-name WNBA team for a no-name coach under a no-name trainer. But he's a guy. He goes to the NBA and gets to play under excellect staff.

Contrary to popular belief, a lot of basketball is learned, and to learn the best, you need a good teacher. The NBA has all the teaching talent. It's the difference between going to an Ivy League school and community college. The talent is where the money is.

I'm sure there are women that could play in the NBA and with NBA training be much better players than they currently are now. It is the exact same reaosn why an NBA team will always beat a college team, a high school team. Even the NBA rookie or sophmore teams. They have better teachers. Coaches. Trainers. Give me 2 years with Chip Engelland and I could shoot free throws more accurately than a talented high school player.

People are born with the potential, not the skill. Same reason I can could send an 10 year old to college and they would have a higher IQ than a high school dropout. Better teachers.

So yeah, the men will win all the time.

mojorizen7
03-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Thats a lot of sharp , little elbows being thrown around the crotch area.

The Franchise
03-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Ladies win on second chance points.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Could Sequ beat Silver21_Black20 one-on-one?