PDA

View Full Version : One Of Those Stone Cutter Years

Guajalote
03-20-2008, 10:03 PM
It's deja vu all over again, isn't it? Maybe we should go with the stone cutter theme again, huh?

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before." ~Jacob A. Riis

I was reading over ESPN's review of the game and I came across the following Pop quote.

"We're two games out of first and we're two games out of eighth." With the conference so close, he predicted that home-court advantage would not be as big a factor in the playoffs. "The first seed could be the eighth and the eighth seed is as good as the first and that's no exaggeration," he said. "None of us is better than the other. So the seeds are really irrelevant this season more than any other time."

It's nice we have a coach that keeps things in perspective. Hang tight Spurs fans. Things are getting better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280320004

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Losing 6/7 against teams with winning records = beating the Bulls doesn't mean shit.

If we handle Dallas, Orlando, Houston and the other lesser teams we're playing over the next 6, then we can start to talk stonecutter.

Dave McNulla
03-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Losing 6/7 against teams with winning records = beating the Bulls doesn't mean shit.

If we handle Dallas, Orlando, Houston and the other lesser teams we're playing over the next 6, then we can start to talk stonecutter.you don't believe it until the stone cracks? i don't know what happens next, but i know the spurs have a lot of good players that know how to play team ball. it's good enough for me.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Every win is a good win this time of year, but a loss in dallas would be a big setback

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-21-2008, 01:53 AM
If you needed any further proof that it's a Stonecutter year, Steve Guttenberg is on Dancing with the Stars.

CubanSucks
03-21-2008, 02:24 AM
It's deja vu all over again, isn't it? Maybe we should go with the stone cutter theme again, huh?

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before." ~Jacob A. Riis

I was reading over ESPN's review of the game and I came across the following Pop quote.

"We're two games out of first and we're two games out of eighth." With the conference so close, he predicted that home-court advantage would not be as big a factor in the playoffs. "The first seed could be the eighth and the eighth seed is as good as the first and that's no exaggeration," he said. "None of us is better than the other. So the seeds are really irrelevant this season more than any other time."

It's nice we have a coach that keeps things in perspective. Hang tight Spurs fans. Things are getting better.

You just lost all the Phoenix fans.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-21-2008, 02:54 AM
you don't believe it until the stone cracks? i don't know what happens next, but i know the spurs have a lot of good players that know how to play team ball. it's good enough for me.

We're in agreement then.

I'm not saying the ethic of the stonecutter isn't what we're after, just that one win over a lowly team is but one small blow that needs to be followed up by others to crack the rock. Good start, long way to go.

StoneCutter
03-21-2008, 02:58 AM

I love the stone cutter quote...thus my username. Keep hammering Spurs!

Princess Pimp
03-21-2008, 03:05 AM
The Lakers and Celtics beat the Mavs in their place...

The Spurs WON"T

and you can book it now!!!!

It will be a major setback

CubanSucks
03-21-2008, 03:14 AM
We're in agreement then.

I'm not saying the ethic of the stonecutter isn't what we're after, just that one win over a lowly team is but one small blow that needs to be followed up by others to crack the rock. Good start, long way to go.
I hope your not saying that the only cracks to the stone are wins. If so do you really think Pop and the gang didn't learn anything through this shitty past few weeks? And the learning experience from losses is just as big of a blow to the stone as a win is in my opinion.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-21-2008, 03:47 AM
I hope your not saying that the only cracks to the stone are wins. If so do you really think Pop and the gang didn't learn anything through this shitty past few weeks? And the learning experience from losses is just as big of a blow to the stone as a win is in my opinion.

No, good point, you can learn and grow from a loss.

I'm not sure much was learned from the Nuggets, NO or Phili losses, although the losses to the Suns, Detroit and Celtics were instructive as the team stayed in it for most of those games and, had they tweaked a few small things, could have won.

TampaDude
03-21-2008, 10:00 AM

The Spurs WON"T

Do you spit or swallow??? :lol

cash459
03-21-2008, 10:44 AM

he gargles!! :lol

Guajalote
03-21-2008, 11:16 PM

The Spurs WON"T

Book it? I hate that cliché!
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x309/Guajalote/hedley01.jpg

Jimmy Bobby
03-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Cut this, little man.

http://a264.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_1dcfe25af8e692b03bf557616523e04f.gif

CubanSucks
03-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Cut this, little man.

http://a264.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_1dcfe25af8e692b03bf557616523e04f.gif
Wow, you're really proud of that picture. How many more threads are you going to use it on.

honestfool84
03-22-2008, 01:12 AM

gosh, i wish she had been swallowed instead..
:lol