PDA

View Full Version : Boston against the Texas triangle - Can anyone beat the Celtics?

Manu_Ginobili
03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Boston shut down Dallas in the 4th without Tony Allen and Ray Allen sitting down some time in the 4th, but hit the winning shot!...

How Boston did against the Texas triangle?

The beat the Spurs barely by 2 in the end after trailing by 22 pts...The Spurs were really tired from their tough schedule...the old donkeys needed a rest, but they did well against Boston until the end...

then, in a Back-to-Back game, they destroyed Houston by 20 pts...

and today they held Dallas in the last 3 min. in the 4th quarter Dirk and Co. missed all of their important shots...BOS really made Dirk appear like a BIG CHOKER...he missed the last 3 shots for Dallas today...

So, is there anyone in the West who can beat the Celts in a 7-game series ? Yes, 2 teams - Spurs and LA...I don't include Utah because despite they beat them at Boston, the Celtics didn't play their best game after having a 10-game winning streak...

GO MANU!!! GO SPURS!!!

Sense
03-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Boston shut down Dallas in the 4th without Tony Allen and Ray Allen sitting down some time in the 4th, but hit the winning shot!...

How Boston did against the Texas triangle?

The beat the Spurs barely by 2 in the end after trailing by 22 pts...The Spurs were really tired from their tough schedule...the old donkeys needed a rest, but they did well against Boston until the end...

then, in a Back-to-Back game, they destroyed Houston by 20 pts...

and today they held Dallas in the last 3 min. in the 4th quarter Dirk and Co. missed all of their important shots...BOS really made Dirk appear like a BIG CHOKER...he missed the last 3 shots for Dallas today...

So, is there anyone in the West who can beat the Celts in a 7-game series ? Yes, 2 teams - Spurs and LA...I don't include Utah because despite they beat them at Boston, the Celtics didn't play their best game after having a 10-game winning streak...

GO MANU!!! GO SPURS!!!

looks like you answered your own question... uh... ok....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Lebron will. :lol

mystargtr34
03-20-2008, 10:11 PM
I think the Cavs beat Boston in a 7 game series...

I think the Celtics would beat the Pistons though

Garnett is really uncomfortable in the 4th... he put up alot of bad shots tonight against Dallas in the last and missed a wide open lay up..

Manu_Ginobili
03-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Lebron will. :lol

The Questions was from the West? East NOT included...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I think Boston is going all the way.

Defense wins championships, and there is no one playing nearly as good D as Boston does.

Oh, and their offense is too shabby either.

Scary.

ducks
03-20-2008, 10:19 PM
manu will he not?
manu is god

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I actually do think the Cavs can take them out.

Indazone
03-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Stamp your tickets. Boston is gonna win it all this year. :(

They are just too good.

it's me
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Stamp your tickets. Boston is gonna win it all this year. :(

They are just too good.

Celtics will choke big time once in the playoffs. Detroit will get to the finals this year . Stern will kill himself after his masterplan fails and we enjoy the Spurs & Pistons finals. book it :smokin

Tike Mailer
03-20-2008, 10:42 PM
The question is not Boston vs The Texas Triangle, holmes. It's who will win on Sunday when the Spurs come to the Mavericks' house.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2008, 10:51 PM
The question is not Boston vs The Texas Triangle, holmes. It's who will win on Sunday when the Spurs come to the Mavericks' house.
No, I don't think so man.
I think he made his point pretty clear when he said quote:

Can anyone beat the Celtics?

MaNuMaNiAc
03-20-2008, 10:53 PM
manu will he not?
manu is godJust shut the fuck up already ducks, it gets old

vander
03-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Just shut the fuck up already ducks, it gets old

no, it's actually the argie manu worship that gets old. keep up the satire ducks

it's me
03-20-2008, 11:05 PM
no, it's actually the argie manu worship that gets old. keep up the satire ducks

Who the hell worshiped Manu in this thread??? So SFU and stay on topic

TampaDude
03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
The Celtics will NOT win the East...that's guaranSheed... :hat

vander
03-21-2008, 12:21 AM
Who the hell worshiped Manu in this thread??? So SFU and stay on topic

yes, remember how I said the argie manu worship in this thread gets old :rolleyes remember that? but outside of this thread it's totally not annoying at all

StoneCutter
03-21-2008, 12:25 AM
The Celtics are clearly playing the best b-ball in the NBA right now. Their record versus the West, in back-to-back games, and on the road is impressive. Having said that...a lot can happen between now and the finals. In 05-06 the Pistons looked great all year until they lost in the playoffs. For the Celtics to win it all it looks like they will have to beat the Cav's and then the Pistons and then the survivor of the West playoffs. I still believe in the Spurs. If the big 3 are healthy the Spurs will be one hell of a tough out.

spursfan09
03-21-2008, 12:26 AM
I think Boston is scary good. But I'm not worried yet. Why? Because Spurs have to get it together themselves, and Spurs have to get out of the wild wild west. Also, the east will not be a cakewalk for Boston. They will probably meet the Pistons, who won't go down to easily. They could take that series.

dg7md
03-21-2008, 12:28 AM
No, they are just too good offensively and defensively. Nobody really stands a great shot against them.

Pistons could wear them down, but think about this, Flip Saunders is their coach.

People who said the Celtics couldn't gel need to eat some crow and pay some respect to the team that humbled the entire state of Texas.

it's me
03-21-2008, 12:29 AM
yes, remember how I said the argie manu worship in this thread gets old, :rolleyes

The point is that you’re complaining about “argie’s manu worshiping” and who brought Manu to the conversation, an argie manu lover???? No it was that shemale ducks, so Stfu girl and stop hating.

DAINTX
03-21-2008, 12:29 AM
I gotta admit...a Texas sweep is pretty damned impressive. Those Beantown Boys can play a fair game of basketball.

it's me
03-21-2008, 12:32 AM
I think Boston is scary good. But I'm not worried yet. Why? Because Spurs have to get it together themselves, and Spurs have to get out of the wild wild west. Also, the east will not be a cakewalk for Boston. They will probably meet the Pistons, who won't go down to easily. They could take that series.

they could...?? they will just remember.

jag
03-21-2008, 12:37 AM
I gotta admit...a Texas sweep is pretty damned impressive. Those Beantown Boys can play a fair game of basketball.

They won with Rondo playing terrible...getting cassell was big.

vander
03-21-2008, 12:38 AM
The point is that you’re complaining about “argie’s manu worshiping” and who brought Manu to the conversation, an argie manu lover???? No it was that shemale ducks, so Stfu girl and stop hating.

so I wonder, have you ever gotten the desired result when telling someone to STFU?

Capt Bringdown
03-21-2008, 02:39 AM
It will be interesting to see if someone can get the jump on them on the playoffs and put them in a must win situation.

I'm not sure Garnett is as good a leader as he gets credit for - FFS, if I read another article about Garnett's intensity I'm gonna puke. If the Celtics get in a tough spot he could very well be the weak link. But I confess I just don't like the guy, so maybe I'm wrong about him.

21_Blessings
03-21-2008, 03:06 AM
If the Lakers get fully healthy Boston won't be able to beat them. Garnett will fade in crunch time. Kobe will match and then some against Allen and Pierce. Too many weapons for Boston to beat them in a 7 game series, especially when you consider how reliant Boston is on jumpshooting.

Capt Bringdown
03-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Celtics are 23 - 4 against the western conference. Not your usual East coast patsy it seems.
Scary.

mojorizen7
03-21-2008, 05:11 AM
The Lepricauns are rolling right now. The first sweep of the Texas triangle since the SacTown King's in Nov '01. Amazing.
We play em next week in Boston. It'll be a physical game for sure and a good one.

WalterBenitez
03-21-2008, 05:17 AM
They will make noise during regular season, but I doubt they reach finals.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-21-2008, 05:19 AM
no, it's actually the argie manu worship that gets old. keep up the satire ducksso the dude like Manu, what the fuck is wrong with that?? Must you make a negative comment everytime someone says "Go Manu!"? It bothers you that much? There was no bashing of any other player here, it was simply Manu love. If it bothers you, fine, just shut the fuck up about it.

P.S. Hopefully this time it will have the desired effect :rolleyes

JPB
03-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Spurs were up 22 and if not for a shitty finish were in good position to get a win.

So to answer the question, spurs can.

JPB
03-21-2008, 05:51 AM
And I'm still waiting to see the playoffs version of the celts.

Keep in mind that the last 3 years none of the best regular season teams won it all.

2007 : Dallas
2006 : Detroit / SA
2005 : Phoenix

The_Game
03-21-2008, 06:42 AM
If the Lakers get fully healthy Boston won't be able to beat them. Garnett will fade in crunch time. Kobe will match and then some against Allen and Pierce. Too many weapons for Boston to beat them in a 7 game series, especially when you consider how reliant Boston is on jumpshooting.

Lakers don't have the defense to beat the celtics. It's a big weakness right now. Boston have more than enough scoring options...fact is boston can shut teams down

urunobili
03-21-2008, 07:53 AM
And I'm still waiting to see the playoffs version of the celts.

Keep in mind that the last 3 years none of the best regular season teams won it all.

2007 : Dallas
2006 : Detroit / SA
2005 : Phoenix
+1

1Parker1
03-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Celts are playing great right now. Cassell really was a great pickup for them. KG made a lot big shots yesterday in the 4th, so I don't know what game everyone else was watching who called him a choker.

As for Dallas, I saw that no one who wanted to take the big shot in the closing moments. Howard had a wide open shot and passed, same with Kidd, same with Dirk. They overpassed and took tougher shots. They still have the same problems they had before they got Kidd; they don't have anyone outside of Dirk who can score in the closing moments. Yes, Kidd can make the right pass, but I don't think he's going to score and teams know that and lay off him.

41times
03-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Before the season started everyone was saying that the Celtics had Nothing but the big 3.

Then they pick up a few guys here and there like Posey and House and now Cassel. That Rondo kidd plays well and that Perkins guy clogs up the middle well. So now their bench is actually pretty darn good, especially on defense. They really can shut you down for short periods of time until the starters come back in.

So now they have a bunch of experience in KG, Allen and Pierce and you add more experience with Cassell, Posey and House and you have a veteran group who don't freak out when they get behind or at crunch time and they have calmed the younger guys down.

All in all it is a pretty dam good team. After watching them play in person last night for the first time, I was Really, Really impressed.

Detroit is going to have to play a darn near perfect to beat them but they are capable of that.

And not to start a conspiracy here but wasn't the NBA basically "Saved" by Boston vs. L.A. 27 years ago? I think David Sperm wants to see that match up again. At least it sure looked that way last night as i watched Boston shoot 18 Free Throws in the 4th Quarter on our court. Hmmmmm.

tmtcsc
03-21-2008, 10:59 AM
This is setting up nicely for the Spurs. I hope the Celtics do make it to the Finals. It will be the first time the Spurs ARE NOT the favorites. We have done everything else. 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-0. This will be a great story line. Tim ends KG bid for title AGAIN ! Sweet. Make it so # 1.

DDS4
03-21-2008, 04:08 PM
The Celts are pretty impressive...no doubt. You just don't sweep the Texas triangle with a scrub team and one of those games was a back-to-back too.

However, NONE of those big three (PP, Allen, KG) have been to NBA Finals except for Cassell. We all know the playoffs are a whole different ballgame vs. the regular season.

The Celts are the flavor of the month and deservably so. The jury's still out of what they'll accomplish in the playoffs together.

vander
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
so the dude like Manu, what the fuck is wrong with that?? Must you make a negative comment everytime someone says "Go Manu!"? It bothers you that much? There was no bashing of any other player here, it was simply Manu love. If it bothers you, fine, just shut the fuck up about it.

P.S. Hopefully this time it will have the desired effect :rolleyes

the dude like manu?

not sure what you are trying to say there, but I will continue to support the mocking of those who are only here because of manu and fabs and will leave when they do, these are not spurs fans and are nearly as annoying as suns troll.

:toast

MaNuMaNiAc
03-21-2008, 06:47 PM
the dude like manu?

not sure what you are trying to say there, but I will continue to support the mocking of those who are only here because of manu and fabs and will leave when they do, these are not spurs fans and are nearly as annoying as suns troll.

Oh excuse me, I missed the "s"! Didn't mean to write in Sanskrit there, vand :dramaquee

and what you're doing isn't mocking just bandwagon fans, you're mocking Manu fans, period. Now, I know why ducks does it, and its idiotic. I assume you do it for the same reasons :rolleyes

vander
03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh excuse me, I missed the "s"! Didn't mean to write in Sanskrit there, vand :dramaquee

and what you're doing isn't mocking just bandwagon fans, you're mocking Manu fans, period. Now, I know why ducks does it, and its idiotic. I assume you do it for the same reasons :rolleyes

wasn't criticizing your grammar, I just didn't respond to any dude who likes manu, I was responding to your STFU post. see? unlike you, I haven't actually even attacked another poster :dramaquee

bostonguy
03-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Detroit can and will as far as I am concerned. All this means fucking nothing. Okay we swept TX which is near impossible to do. Unless that means we win the nba title, it means nothing. KG is a pussy who folds when playoff pressure is in full stride. Until I see otherwise, this team will be lucky just to get to the conference finals where the Pistons will beat their asses. We have a nice unproven playoff team.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-21-2008, 08:18 PM
wasn't criticizing your grammar, I just didn't respond to any dude who likes manu, I was responding to your STFU post. see? unlike you, I haven't actually even attacked another poster :dramaquee

:toastno, no, that's right... ducks mocked, and you defended him. Huge difference there :toast

TheZackAttack!
03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Playoff mode Spurs can whoop the Celts.

The_Game
03-21-2008, 08:45 PM
you can't just expect spurs to turn it on in the playoffs, i don't think they can anymore

slayermin
03-21-2008, 09:26 PM
you can't just expect spurs to turn it on in the playoffs, i don't think they can anymore

All regular season games are worth exactly the same. As long as the Spurs have a top four seed and their health, it's all good.

This core has three rings together. It's not about flipping a switch. It's about playing with heart.