PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Fans Create Website to Convince Lebron to Join Knicks

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2008, 11:10 PM
• A group of New York fans has started a Web site aimed at raising money to attract LeBron James to New York when his contract ends in 2010. The site says the donations will be used to give him a ''New York gift basket'' with the goals of giving James ''his own suite at Yankee Stadium, additional salary, Gloria James courtside seats, and a Ferrari.''

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/16843986.html

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:30 PM
i almost feel sorry for the knicks fans.....

ChuckD
03-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Isn't true that Cavs can offer the most amount of money since he is their franchise player?
They can offer one additional year and a higher raise rate, but they're still located in Cleveland. LeBron will be 25, and a 5 or 6 year contract won't be a huge big deal because I believe there will still be a cutthroat market for him at 30.

I'd be surprised if he signed in NY, though. They're a mess that I don't think can be cleaned up by 2010. Two, two and a half years ago, before they traded their lottery pick for Curry and jettisoned young talent like Ariza and Frye for fuckups like Francis and Randolph, they had a chance to clean house, stockpile some young talent, and have money to build around LeBron. They weren't willing to take a year or two of pain, so now they're stuck in the pain cycle. Sometimes, you just gotta burn the fucker down.

ChuckD
03-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Even though they are located in Cleveland with how much love he already gets from the media, there is no reason for him to leave, especially since they can pay him the most!
It depends if he thinks he can win there. I don't think he'll sign with the Knicks, but him leaving the Cavs wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm also guessing his NBA paycheck is only a fraction of his income. One year and a few percentage points on a raise won't keep him there if he smells a contender with money, and the pieces in place to put around him.

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2008, 12:02 AM
whats the point of cleve can pay him the most

when outside stakeholders in NY can pay him the most to cover up the less amount he be offered from the knicks

and dont even think of S/T deals with the knicks, they got garbage on that team besides david lee.

Allanon
03-21-2008, 12:20 AM
I'd say there's a damn good chance that Lebron goes to New York, Chicago or New Jersey. He's has too much talent to waste it in a small market.

As much of a mess that New York is in, they should be in the clear by the time Lebron is on the Market. Lebron + Knicks are easily an East Contender...it's win-win for him.

ChuckD
03-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I'd say there's a damn good chance that Lebron goes to New York, Chicago or New Jersey. He's has too much talent to waste it in a small market.

As much of a mess that New York is in, they should be in the clear by the time Lebron is on the Market. Lebron + Knicks are easily an East Contender...it's win-win for him.

I don't see it. That's like 2 years away, and they're a complete mess. To get into any position to land LeBron would take what they have been unwilling to do for 4-5 years: they have to blow the team up. I don't think LeBron goes to NY just to go to NY. I think he wants to win.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Bron will go to NY Book it. :king

Allanon
03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't see it. That's like 2 years away, and they're a complete mess. To get into any position to land LeBron would take what they have been unwilling to do for 4-5 years: they have to blow the team up. I don't think LeBron goes to NY just to go to NY. I think he wants to win.

LeBron just needs a few bodies around him to win in the East :)
Drop off these bad contracts
Stephon Marbury's $22 million is off the books next year
Malik Rose $7.7 million next year
Q Richardson $9.3 million 2009

And Knicks can make a run for LeBron in 2010

Knicks have Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Eddy Curry (a decent center), Zach Randolph (overpaid but LB will straighten him out), Nate Robinson. That's a SOLID Eastern team. Add LeBron to that mix and you have a team to go up against an old Celtics KG, Allen, PP. Pistons will be in their decline. Orlando and the Raptors are the only up and comers in the East.

So LeBron gets to go to play in the Mecca of basketball, talk trash with Spike, get adored by one of the largest cities in the US, get paid max money and still have a great chance of coming out of the East. Its a total dream come true on all levels and LB would be crazy not to ride that train.

And no matter how much Cleveland pays him, he'll make more money moving to New York via endorsements. And don't forget Lebron's goal is to become the first billionaire athlete, no place better to fulfill that very lofty dream than NY.

You Knicks just have to make it through one more bad season, get some high lottery picks, get better the 2nd season and then you'll be serious contenders again once King James moves to Gotham...

http://images.elfwood.com/art/a/v/aviv/gotham_mural.jpg.rZd.84883.jpg

Medvedenko
03-21-2008, 01:43 AM
He's going to LA.....him and Bynum will run the show come 2010

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2008, 01:45 AM
He's going to Brooklyn

KidCongo
03-21-2008, 02:04 AM
He's going to Brooklyn

Brooklyn what up

Marklar MM
03-21-2008, 10:16 AM
One word...NIKE. You know how big his contract with them would be if he went to the biggest media market. He could take a smaller NBA contract, and his shoe deal will cover the rest and more.

bdubya
03-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I've heard that he's the next Kobe.

Could be, if he becomes Oden's sidekick.

Indazone
03-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Lebron going to the Knicks would be interesting. If I were Lebron, I'd consider only if they got rid of that idiot Isiah Thomas and got rid of Curry or Zach Randolph.

coldsweat
03-21-2008, 03:33 PM
LeBron just needs a few bodies around him to win in the East :)
Drop off these bad contracts
Stephon Marbury's $22 million is off the books next year
Malik Rose $7.7 million next year
Q Richardson $9.3 million 2009

And Knicks can make a run for LeBron in 2010

Knicks have Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Eddy Curry (a decent center), Zach Randolph (overpaid but LB will straighten him out), Nate Robinson. That's a SOLID Eastern team. Add LeBron to that mix and you have a team to go up against an old Celtics KG, Allen, PP. Pistons will be in their decline. Orlando and the Raptors are the only up and comers in the East.

you're simplifying the situation. the knicks will be below the cap in 2010/2011 as of now - right now they have $30 million on the books for that season. however, these $30 million dollars are invested in 3 players only - zach randolph, eddy curry, and jamal crawford. jared jeffries will take his player option because no one else will pay him $7 million dollars - now you have $37 million on the books for that summer. you can't have only 4 players on your roster and they may extend the young players on their team - david lee, nate robinson, and renaldo balkman - if the gm is smart. they'll have rookies signed to rookie contracts and more players that will definitely put them over the cap. they could structure the contracts of the players they sign for the next two seasons that they expire after the 2009-10 season - but the majority of (solid) players are looking for longer contracts and it would be difficult to search for talented players that would agree to a shorter contract with the knicks than a longer, more secure payday with another team - and thus the gm will restrict his chance to collect talent for two years just for a chance to land lebron (and who knows how the cavs will do, if they are successful he will stay). basically the only way they could get him is through a sign-and-trade, but the knicks would have to offer an enticing package - and who on the knicks roster will entice the cavs? lebron to the knicks is definitely not as easy as you're making it sound because isiah basically ruined the future of his team for MANY years.

Findog
03-21-2008, 03:54 PM
whats the point of cleve can pay him the most

when outside stakeholders in NY can pay him the most to cover up the less amount he be offered from the knicks

and dont even think of S/T deals with the knicks, they got garbage on that team besides david lee.

LeBron will probably make most of his money in endorsements and off the court activity. So what if Team A offers him 5 million more than Team B? Doesn't matter. I imagine Bron Bron leaves Cleveland at some point, you have heard him talk about being a "global icon," right? That can't happen if he's playing in Northeast Ohio. He goes to LA, New York, Miami or Chicago to maximize his already considerable marketing profile. He's too hung up on things like hosting SNL and other media opportunities.