PDA

View Full Version : Del Harris MUST be head coach of the Mavericks

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't care if Avery is fired tonight and he comes in as an interim, or if they wait until the season is over, but Del Harris is the man for the job in Dallas.

The players respect him, he's got all the experience you need in a coach, and he's had some success in the past. This would be the most talented team he's ever coached.

Del Harris is the answer.

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
tom brady is the answer

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Cosigned.

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:25 PM
tom brady is the answer
cuz spencer hawes sure as fuck ain't.

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:27 PM
spencer hawes > dirk noshowski

Findog
Firing Avery doesn't solve all or even most of Dallas' problems, but it's a big start in the right direction. Avery coaches these guys like they're a 7th grade YMCA team that has never played basketball before. They don't need to be spoonfed or have their hands held. Why even wait until the offseason? Dirk is 29, Josh is 27, Kidd is 35. You got one more year after this one with this nucleus.

Either bring in Del from the front office or force Donnie to coach the roster he's assembled. Avery got off to a great start, and he's going to be a good coach in this league, he's smart and knows his stuff, but he's not the right coach for this team anymore.

Findog

That is a hard-hitting take.

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:28 PM
:lol at least kings fans know their trolling. it's about all they're good for.

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:28 PM
its the 4th quarter, do you know where dirk is?

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:30 PM
the only reason spencer hawes sees the court in the 4th quarter is because it's garbage time and the kings are getting their asses handed to them again.

Fillmoe
didnt we beat the mavs?

Findog

Dirk has NEVER hit a clutch shot or come through for his team. Great, hard-hitting take.
:toast

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:31 PM
With Spencer Hawes!

Findog
didnt we beat the mavs?

One out of three. Cherish it.

monosylab1k
didnt we beat the mavs?
2>1

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:32 PM
xvRaLkAuRp4

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
seriously though.... del harris would make a good coach somewhere.... i dont know if it will be in dallas or not

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
xvRaLkAuRp4

I'm eating a KFC bowl and staring aimlessly into the distance over that loss.

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Either bring in Del from the front office or force Donnie to coach the roster he's assembled.
Donnie should be held just as accountable as Avery. He hasn't found shit in the draft since daddy stopped giving him all the insider info. Years of drafting Pavel Podkolzine & giving Nick Fazekas away for nothing but keeping 50 year old Juwan Howard on the roster tells me that Donnie doesn't know what the hell he's doing either. At least not without Big Nellie looking over his shoulder.

Fillmoe
03-20-2008, 11:34 PM
kfc bowls are good

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:35 PM
seriously though.... del harris would make a good coach somewhere.... i dont know if it will be in dallas or not
actually Reggie Theus would be a perfect fit in Dallas, I don't see him a whole lot but he seems like a players coach who isn't screaming in their ear all game long. Too bad you guys got him already.

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Donnie should be held just as accountable as Avery. He hasn't found shit in the draft since daddy stopped giving him all the insider info. Years of drafting Pavel Podkolzine & giving Nick Fazekas away for nothing but keeping 50 year old Juwan Howard on the roster tells me that Donnie doesn't know what the hell he's doing either. At least not without Big Nellie looking over his shoulder.

Yep, I'd rather have Mbenga that Juwan and we could've had Big Baby instead of Van Fazekas. All those roster spots taken up by dinosaurs need to be filled with guys who can run the floor with Kidd.

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
actually Reggie Theus would be a perfect fit in Dallas, I don't see him much, but he seems like a players coach who isn't screaming in their ear all game long. Too bad you guys got him already.

He's actually kind of a drill instructor, but that's exactly what the Kings need. They're a young team with some talent that needs to learn how to win.

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
kfc bowls are good

They help sooth crushing disappointment.

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:38 PM
He's actually kind of a drill instructor, but that's exactly what the Kings need. They're a young team with some talent that needs to learn how to win.
Maybe it's his Chris Arnold hair, but he always seemed like a laid-back dude during Kings games.

monosylab1k
03-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Okay, five seconds of google searching just showed me that I had no clue what I was talking about with Reggie Theus :lol. He might be a good fit for Sacramento but probably not so much with Dallas.

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Maybe it's his Chris Arnold hair, but he always seemed like a laid-back dude during Kings games.

His sideline demeanor isn't like Avery, but he's not laid back, he's one of those hold them accountable types. King fan help me out, that's the impression I've gotten from what little I've paid attention to Sactown this year.

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Be it sports, politics or war, most organizations function on the Guns of August principle. They're always fighting the last battle. Mussleman was a laid-back players coach and they walked all over him, so the Kings went with Theus as a correction.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-20-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't care if Avery is fired tonight and he comes in as an interim, or if they wait until the season is over, but Del Harris is the man for the job in Dallas.

The players respect him, he's got all the experience you need in a coach, and he's had some success in the past. This would be the most talented team he's ever coached.

Del Harris is the answer.

When Avery and Dirk are hugging at midcourt once the buzzer sounds as the Mavs offically become the 2008 NBA Champions...I am going to bump this thread. The big run is coming. I can feel it! This Championship journey is going to be an epic one for these tough minded Mavericks! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

Dirk Nowitzki
03-20-2008, 11:56 PM
sorry to bust your bubble but with your head coach your not going to win this year!

Sorry to burst your testicles kiddo but they are. Until they get eliminated, my guarantee stands tall. It's our year! My confidence in this team just keeps growing that it is making me more and more excited for the postseason! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

Findog
03-20-2008, 11:57 PM
All the Mavs have proven post-trade is that they can nutkick bad teams and barely lose to good ones.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Ok..whatever :dramaquee

Sorry kid. I am not quitting on my boys. If you dont like that then you can exit this thread and go jerk off to 2girls1cup. :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

Medvedenko
03-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Actually this wouldn't be the best team Dell Harris had....Dell had the lakers and had a very talented team.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-21-2008, 01:38 AM
I want Del Harris Or Paul Westphal

monosylab1k
03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I want Del Harris Or Paul Westphal
I dunno about Westphal. It doesn't appear like he does jack shit for the team as it is, besides sitting next to Avery and looking kinda like Bill Murray.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-21-2008, 10:51 AM
I dunno about Westphal. It doesn't appear like he does jack shit for the team as it is, besides sitting next to Avery and looking kinda like Bill Murray.

Westphal was the coach when the old phoenix suns(Kj, Thunder Dan, Sir charles)got to the finals. I don't know how good he would be if he coached us but it doesn't matter anyway. The Mavericks under Mark Cuban will NEVER win a nba championship. This is coming from a hardcore mavs fan. If you saw t he nba finals were Dirk was getting beat up by Haslem and shaq and then Wade was shooting freethrows on every play you would understand me. First off, Mark cuban is a fuckin prick for talkin so much shit about stern and the refs. How does he expect to fuckin win games?! Last night also reminded me of that again, when Garnett and perkins were beating up on Dirk and Pierce was shooting freethrows on every play. This shit sucks, And I blame it on Mark Cuban's big ass mouth, Dirk will be ringless. The Nba is rigged. http://youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0

T Park
03-21-2008, 11:20 AM
as a Spurs fan I hope that the Mavericks would hire Del Harris.

He royally fucked up the Lakers of the late 90s.

remingtonbo2001
03-21-2008, 12:27 PM

:lmao

Indazone
03-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Reggie Theus is an awesome coach. It's not his fault he has knuckle head Artest on his squad.

Allanon
03-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Reggie Theus is an awesome coach. It's not his fault he has knuckle head Artest on his squad.

It looks like Theus is a good coach...don't know too much about him.

Them Knuckleheads are going to be a very good team next year. I just don't know how so many good teams are going to fit in the West next year:
1) Kings will be better
2) Blazers will be better
3) Clippers will be better
4) Timberwolves will be better
5) Sonics will be better

Only the Grizzlies have no hope.

Findog
03-21-2008, 02:36 PM
as a Spurs fan I hope that the Mavericks would hire Del Harris.

He royally fucked up the Lakers of the late 90s.

Why as a Spurs fan would you want the Mavericks to get a better coach than the one they currently have?

DarrinS
03-21-2008, 04:17 PM
This guy?

http://www.canadiancontent.net/images/people/picture/Leslie-Nielsen.jpg

But, seriously, changing the coach won't change the fact that Dirk has a vagina.

Findog
03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
This guy?

But, seriously, changing the coach won't change the fact that Dirk has a vagina.

You can stop posting now. Dirk is the least of the Mavs' problems. Do you now anything about basketball?

DarrinS
03-21-2008, 05:11 PM
You can stop posting now. Dirk is the least of the Mavs' problems. Do you now anything about basketball?

Yeah, and he was the league MVP last year.

And then...

Findog
03-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah, and he was the league MVP last year.

Calling Dirk a vagina implies that he isn't physically tough. He's had his share of playoff successes and failures, but one thing he's not is a pussy. Maybe he's a "choker," since a choker is anybody who doesn't win 100% of his games, hits less than 100% from the field in the fourth quarter and hasn't won multiple championships. But a soft pussy he ain't. He's not afraid of taking the last shot and he'll drive to the paint trying to finish or get the call. Did you watch the Boston game last night? Are you sure you want to continue with this "Dirk is a vagina" analysis?

And then...

And then he got bone spurs a month before the season ended and kept playing because his team wasn't doing anything without him. I notice Tony Parker had the same injury this year and was sucking because of it, but the Spurs shut him down because it was halfway through the regular season and the playoffs weren't right around the corner. So he played hurt because his teammates needed him and it hampered his effectiveness, but he didn't want to quit on his team. Yeah, he's a vagina.

:rolleyes

monosylab1k
03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
getting 19 rebounds over the most psychotic man in the NBA, Kevin Garnett, and you still get called "soft".....it's fucking amazing.

I agree that he is "soft" in some ways, mostly his reliance on jump shots or fouls to get his points instead of driving it hard to the hoop......but despite some "soft" tendencies, Dirk has proven himself to be nothing close to a soft player.

Findog
03-21-2008, 05:29 PM
getting 19 rebounds over the most psychotic man in the NBA, Kevin Garnett, and you still get called "soft".....it's fucking amazing.

I agree that he is "soft" in some ways, mostly his reliance on jump shots or fouls to get his points instead of driving it hard to the hoop......but despite some "soft" tendencies, Dirk has proven himself to be nothing close to a soft player.

He drove hard to the basket last night in the last minute, got hacked and there was no call. Of course, on the other end, Paul Pierce was pinning guys arms to his torso and getting the call on Dallas. Typical Steve Javie bullshit...

I swear, when Humble Billy announced Javie's name, my heart sank. I knew it was going to be a tough game and I was right. Still, not his fault we desperately needed to win this one.

DarrinS
03-21-2008, 05:32 PM

Damn straight. And I can do the Macarena like nobody's business.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070112/070112_nowitzki_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

Findog
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Damn straight. And I can do the Macarena like nobody's business.

Here's a hint: quit while you're ahead. You don't know what you're talking about. I don't venture into the Spurs forum to break down Ime Udoka's perimeter defense and 3-point shooting because I neither know nor give a shit about Ime Udoka's perimeter defense or 3-point shooting. At least provide the disclaimer that you're full of shit.

GetNashty
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I vote Paul Westphal

jacobdrj
03-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Paul Silas.

RonMexico
03-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Maybe then his son Larry could come on as GM.

Findog
03-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Maybe then his son Larry could come on as GM.

Somebody needs to register DelHarrisDynasty and LarryHarrisDynasty