PDA

View Full Version : What's the over/under on Beno playing tonight?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I was really looking forward to the Spurs locking him down after he channeled the spirit of Allen Iverson in the last meeting with San Antonio. Then I saw his back is hurt and he likely won't play. Beno...hurt? Shocking! Interesting pattern how he joins a team and impresses everyone at first and then starts getting injured. Coincidence? Brittle bones? Not enough calcium in his diet?

Whether he plays or not I hope the Spurs keep pounding that rock and working towards playing Spurs basketball.

Spurs by 20.

Kibic
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
He was just resting, so he can put 37pt and 9as on Spurs.

1Parker1
03-21-2008, 02:19 PM
:lol I don't know if he ever impressed us that much as he did his first couple of games with the Kings....

T Park
03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know if he ever impressed us that much as he did his first couple of games with the Kings....

Yeah he was pretty damn impressive.

When he was in shape and being a team player he looked like a reincarnated John Stockton.

No joke.

1Parker1
03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
When he was in shape and being a team player he looked like a reincarnated John Stockton.

No joke.

Exactly what games or streak of games did he have when he was with the Spurs that he looked like "a reincarnated John Stockton?"

:drunk :drunk :drunk

timvp
03-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Beno is smart enough to shut it down. He's already earned his contract. He'll make pretty good money this summer.

One thing about Beno is he's a savvy business man. When there's money on the line, he'll play his azz off.

T Park
03-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Exactly what games or streak of games did he have when he was with the Spurs that he looked like "a reincarnated John Stockton?"

streak of games from November through January.

If you don't remember, can't do anything for you.

T Park
03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Beno is smart enough to shut it down. He's already earned his contract. He'll make pretty good money this summer.

One thing about Beno is he's a savvy business man. When there's money on the line, he'll play his azz off.

Yup, full to three quarters of the MLE is going his way.

A year from now Sacramento will be begging teams to take him off their hands.

1Parker1
03-21-2008, 03:19 PM
streak of games from November through January.

If you don't remember, can't do anything for you.

:lol And if you actually believe that Beno showed you that he was a reincarnation of John Stockton, then I can't do anything for you....

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
:lol And if you actually believe that Beno showed you that he was a reincarnation of John Stockton, then I can't do anything for you....

When he was NBA Rookie Of The Month people thought he had a chance to be something special.

Unfortunately his career and Mr. Stockton's went in opposite directions from there.

urunobili
03-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Hype killed the kid... Pop is not 100% responsible... and TP will outplay him badly tonight in revenge of his previous game against each other

T Park
03-21-2008, 05:53 PM
When he was NBA Rookie Of The Month people thought he had a chance to be something special.

Unfortunately his career and Mr. Stockton's went in opposite directions from there.

I never said he was, it was the impression around scouts and people.

I thought he was good. He still is. Its the same old same old.

Million dollar talent, ten cent head.

Hype killed the kid

Breakfast tacos and sluts is what did it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Beno will get the full MLE from someone - I said that back in December.

Fellow ST poster "Kevin Martin" took umbrage at my inferences in this thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2341672&posted=1#post2341672

:lol

mikejones99
03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
he never got time in SA, he will now get more than 10 million

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Actually he and Stockton had very similar stat lines in the '03-'04 and '04-'05 season.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-21-2008, 07:41 PM
"Back Strain".

How come I can't find any info on this injury?

Woosing out, I reckon. Is he on the Sacto bench???

Kevin MartinFan
03-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Beno will get the full MLE from someone - I said that back in December.

Fellow ST poster "Kevin Martin" took umbrage at my inferences in this thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2341672&posted=1#post2341672

:lol
No pressure on him at all this season especially in this game so i still dont know why you would think the injury might be phony. But i know part of you is joking so its not like im pissed at you for bringing it up.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-21-2008, 10:12 PM
No pressure on him at all this season especially in this game so i still dont know why you would think the injury might be phony. But i know part of you is joking so its not like im pissed at you for bringing it up.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how long he is going to sit. My DL2 life might be borne on Beno's thin shoulders... :lol

lefty
03-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Damn, the thread starter doesn't look smart now.

DNP wasn't expected :lmao

T Park
03-21-2008, 11:14 PM

He DNP because he was hurt....

lefty
03-21-2008, 11:23 PM
He DNP because he was hurt....

I know

Solid D
03-22-2008, 06:29 AM
I was really looking forward to the Spurs locking him down after he channeled the spirit of Allen Iverson in the last meeting with San Antonio. Then I saw his back is hurt and he likely won't play. Beno...hurt? Shocking! Interesting pattern how he joins a team and impresses everyone at first and then starts getting injured. Coincidence? Brittle bones? Not enough calcium in his diet?

Whether he plays or not I hope the Spurs keep pounding that rock and working towards playing Spurs basketball.

Spurs by 20.

Good call, Chopper. It wasn't 20 by the end of the game but close enough.

T Park
03-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I know

Then why do you say he failed.

jag
03-22-2008, 10:00 AM

ehh?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-22-2008, 03:15 PM
D

You lost me right about there.