PDA

View Full Version : Tim Donaghy’s wife seeks restraining order

YoMamaIsCallin
03-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bettingprobe&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Tim Donaghy’s wife seeks restraining order against disgraced former NBA referee

BRADENTON, Fla. (AP)—The estranged wife of former NBA referee Tim Donaghy is seeking a restraining order after accusing him of verbally and physically abusing their children.

Kimberly L. Donaghy filed for the court order against Tim Donaghy, who was charged in the NBA betting scandal. A hearing on the protective order is scheduled for Tuesday.

The restraining order request was filed Monday, days after Manatee County sheriff’s deputies were called to the couple’s Bradenton home because they were fighting.

According to a report, the argument was verbal and, “no injuries were observed.” The pair were fighting over their upcoming divorce, the report stated. They are have been married since 1995.

Kimberly Donaghy wrote in court papers that her husband threatened to hit her and abused their four children. She wants to prevent him from seeing the children.

“I am scared for myself and my children,” Kimberly Donaghy wrote in court papers. “He is going to snap.”

Tim Donaghy pleaded guilty last year to charges he conspired to engage in wire fraud and transmitted betting information through interstate commerce. He faces a maximum of 25 years in prison when he is sentenced in April.

Donaghy acknowledged he provided NBA betting picks to gambling associates based on inside information. Authorities allege he also bet on games he officiated.

A woman who answered the phone Friday at the office of Edward Sobel, who is representing Tim Donaghy, said the attorney was unavailable until Monday. A man who answered the phone at Donaghy’s home declined comment. Kimberly Donaghy’s attorney did not return phone and e-mail messages.

Kimberly Donaghy wants $2,000 a month in temporary alimony from her husband, and wants a judge to prevent him from coming within 500 feet of the couple’s home, her workplace and the children’s schools.

duncan228
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM
In the NBA Forum:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90083

YoMamaIsCallin
03-21-2008, 04:39 PM
In the NBA Forum:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90083

oops my bad

mods please delete/close/kill/shank/use a cigar cutter

duncan228
03-21-2008, 04:40 PM
...use a cigar cutter

:lmao

ShoogarBear
03-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Whoa. I'm not going to say how I read the title at first glance . . .

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-21-2008, 11:24 PM
You wouldn't think he'd do such a thing, but when you under the kind of stress he's facing then all bets are off.

ShoogarBear
03-21-2008, 11:26 PM
I guess they just weren't able to fix things between them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Maybe he was upset with her because he wasn't getting enough action.

ShoogarBear
03-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Maybe he just preferred things shaved a little closer.

TDMVPDPOY
03-22-2008, 01:51 AM
soon he will have her fix +/- under?