PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 1250 on Sports Sunday with David Chancellor

Chris Duel
03-22-2008, 02:04 AM
We'll be on Sports Sunday on News 4, Sunday night after 10:30pm.

Check it out if you get a chance.

Here's a preview...

dAiAvmlk-g8

JIM LAMPLEY
03-22-2008, 02:59 AM
A show with no name....................

jaffies
03-22-2008, 03:27 AM
hey Chris -or- Mouse,

Is there a way to listen to the show online? It doesn't matter if it's a live feed or taped.

nacho
03-22-2008, 04:22 AM
I will record any show if you give me a 12 hour notice and I will host it online.

I have parts of todays show where they talk about Trojans that bust.

T Park
03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Chris like the goatee :)

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Don't get the irrational hatred for Mount St. Mary's . . . . or the inability to pronounce the name of an opposing team's play-by-play man.

2centsworth
03-22-2008, 10:12 AM
have they started talking sports yet?

Chris Perez
03-22-2008, 10:32 AM

Give them time they just might!

T Park
03-22-2008, 11:37 AM

Doubtfull

AlamoSpursFan
03-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey Chris...get a mention in for Dawn's Track Smack!

Chris Duel
03-22-2008, 02:11 PM
hey Chris -or- Mouse,

Is there a way to listen to the show online? It doesn't matter if it's a live feed or taped.

Our ESPN 1250 web site is on the way. We're told it will be up in April. It will have live streaming, video and podcasts.

Until then, I'm trying to figure out a good (and easy) way to upload podcasts. I'm pretty low-tech and have never uploaded a podcast before, but hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Chris Duel
03-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Don't get the irrational hatred for Mount St. Mary's . . . . or the inability to pronounce the name of an opposing team's play-by-play man.

Having been raised Catholic, I just find it offensive for anyone to mount St. Mary.

Regarding the Sacramento play-by-play guy, his name is Gary Gerould. I can think of about six different ways to pronounce that name. Yeah, I screwed it up.

Chris Duel
03-22-2008, 02:27 PM

I just got off a conference call with Jason and Dawn. We're seriously considering talking sports on Monday afternoon.

Of course there may be breaking news on Spitzer hooker-gone-wild Ashley Dupre or the naughty Sacramento Kings cheerleaders, so we have to be realistic about the chances.

:corn:

T Park
03-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Having been raised Catholic, I just find it offensive for anyone to mount St. Mary.

Regarding the Sacramento play-by-play guy, his name is Gary Gerould. I can think of about six different ways to pronounce that name. Yeah, I screwed it up.

Gary Gerould former pitlane reporter for INDYCAR on ESPN ABC.

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 03:32 PM

As the son and nephew of Mount St. Mary's graduates, I just found it odd to hear someone in San Antonio express open hostility to that school.

As for the guy's name, preparation always pays. Jason had pronounced the name correctly in the segment immediately preceding your butchering of the name.

Chris Duel
03-22-2008, 06:27 PM
As the son and nephew of Mount St. Mary's graduates, I just found it odd to hear someone in San Antonio express open hostility to that school.

As for the guy's name, preparation always pays. Jason had pronounced the name correctly in the segment immediately preceding your butchering of the name.

Finding something odd in our broadcast? That's a scoop. But finding goofing on a school's name "open hostility?" I would suspect the hostility lies within the eye of the beholder. Just a hunch.

Preparation always pays. Thanks for the constructive tip. I'll try to remember that next week, oh wise sage.

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Finding something odd in our broadcast? That's a scoop. But finding goofing on a school's name "open hostility?" I would suspect the hostility lies within the eye of the beholder. Just a hunch.

Preparation always pays. Thanks for the constructive tip. I'll try to remember that next week, oh wise sage.

All I heard was "hate with a passion." It aroused my suspicions. You've explained yourself. I don't think it particularly funny, but I understand what you were trying to do.

As for the preparation thing, it's really not much -- it's listening to your partner, I think. It would certainly make the show more listenable; a more pleasant alternative when one must switch over because he or she doesn't want to hear uncompetitive college basketball games. Frankly, while the schtick might work in spots, I think it perpetuates the notion among those who might be guests that San Antonio is a hick-town when it comes to sports talk. Perhaps some would prefer it that way; I cringe.

Denver>SA
03-22-2008, 07:28 PM
All I heard was "hate with a passion." It aroused my suspicions. You've explained yourself. I don't think it particularly funny, but I understand what you were trying to do.

As for the preparation thing, it's really not much -- it's listening to your partner, I think. It would certainly make the show more listenable; a more pleasant alternative when one must switch over because he or she doesn't want to hear uncompetitive college basketball games. Frankly, while the schtick might work in spots, I think it perpetuates the notion among those who might be guests that San Antonio is a hick-town when it comes to sports talk. Perhaps some would prefer it that way; I cringe.
or perhaps no one cares

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 08:11 PM
or perhaps no one cares

Could very well be true.

T Park
03-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I think it perpetuates the notion among those who might be guests that San Antonio is a hick-town when it comes to sports talk

Wich they railed against having the rodeo in the ATT Center because it made us seem "backwards"

Instead of acknowledging the thousands upon thousands of scholarship dollars it produces.

GoGatos
03-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Chancellor's face when the clip freezes at the end is priceless...

BTW, I am happy that the competition is finally getting some exposure. That way more people will appreciate STSA!

(good-natured ribbing folks...good-natured ribbing.)

T Park
03-22-2008, 08:46 PM
That way more people will appreciate STSA!

STDC?
Sports talk Dallas Cowboys?

GoGatos
03-22-2008, 09:09 PM
STDC?
Sports talk Dallas Cowboys?

That too. :)

Hooters Girl
03-23-2008, 01:40 AM

But when we do it to the Ticket we are losers who don't have a life?

GoGatos
03-23-2008, 11:13 AM
But when we do it to the Ticket we are losers who don't have a life?

What's funny is when people do it to the Ticket, most of the time they are taking personal shots at Taylor or myself. Calling someone a salad-tossing lap dog isn't good-natured ribbing. I've said nothing personal about Chris Duel, or Dawn, or Jason. I only rib the station as a whole.

TPark just ribbed us wwith the STDC thing and I didn't call him a loser with no life for that one.

Jimmy
03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
GoGatos seems like a loaded gun I wonder how long he will last at the Ticket.

mouse
03-23-2008, 02:54 PM
What's funny is when people do it to the Ticket, most of the time they are taking personal shots at Taylor or myself. Calling someone a salad-tossing lap dog isn't good-natured ribbing. I've said nothing personal about Chris Duel, or Dawn, or Jason. I only rib the station as a whole.

TPark just ribbed us wwith the STDC thing and I didn't call him a loser with no life for that one.

Your cheeks are so full of Mike Taylor's ego juice it's running down your neck!

Dam holmes do you ever admit when your wrong?

johnsmith
03-23-2008, 02:58 PM
ESPN radio has done nothing for San Antonio sports talk except to re-emphasize that San Antonio still has the worst local radio show hosts in America.

johnsmith
03-23-2008, 02:59 PM
For the record though, I think the Ticket sucks too, so I'm equal opportunity at least.

RashoFan
03-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Chris, The goatee is hawt:smokin Looks nice on you. I will catch Sports Sunday. I am anticipating ESPN 1250 website with the live stream!

GoGatos
03-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Your cheeks are so full of Mike Taylor's ego juice it's running down your neck!

Dam holmes do you ever admit when your wrong?

Of course not...just like you never admit that you have no life and create multiple screen names in order to talk to yourself on internet message boards. Hey, to each his own.

Mavs08
03-23-2008, 03:56 PM

You need to go into politics with an answer like that. And who made you Lord of the www to tell people what is and isn't good when it it comes to insults?

You said the people here at ST have no life and many other hateful things to others but when you do it, it's all just fun ribbing? And you also said you don't post here unless someone is talking shit about the Ticket and yet your the first one talking shit. You need to go read some of your earlier comments before you lecture others and your Boss needs to get an email on your corrupted ways.

mouse
03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Of course not...just like you never admit that you have no life and create multiple screen names in order to talk to yourself on internet message boards. Hey, to each his own.

Are you saying I am Tike Mailer and that other Nascar screen name Jimmy Bobby? Are you willing to finally put your pay check on the line and we can ask the site Administrator if those screen names are me?

Or are you going to weasel out with your lame excuse about how little money you make that is why you always back down from someone proving you wrong.

Also I happen to know LJ , Kori,Chris Duel and some of his family members also have more than one screen name also, are you saying they need a life too? your one and only worn out come back you seem to have (You folks need a life!) it's like arguing with peewee Herman or a 13 year old kid.

Your only making the Ticket look bad with your constant bad behavior as you make it clear your hate for people who love the PC life if only everyone could be more like GoGatos the world will be so much better.

Your lack of class and talent to make an alias screen name is a reflection on you and your station and why it will always suck, so i can see how you fit right in..........

T Park
03-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Mike Taylor is gonna be one depressed mofo tommarow.

Sports Talk San Antonio is gonna sound like a funeral.

GoGatos.
03-23-2008, 04:44 PM
You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I post too much. I also read to much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. Mike Taylor likes me. My listeners like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

mouse
03-23-2008, 04:54 PM
You know every screen name is not mouse. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your posts have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "hey ST" I'd like you to meet GoGatos, he's got some amusing topics for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've talked with GoGatos I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The Ticket lap dog guy. Woah." It's like having sex with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your pussy, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're posting on the www? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the reader!

mouse
03-23-2008, 04:58 PM
[waking up after sharing the same bed at a motel]
Mike Taylor: JimBob... Why did you kiss my ear?
JimBob: Why are you holding my hand?
MikeTaylor:[smiles] Where's your other hand?
JimBob:Between two pillows...
MikeTayler: Those aren't pillows!
[they go back to sleep]

Chris Duel
03-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Not nearly enough angst in this thread.

Did I mention that ESPN 1250 will be on Sports Sunday tonight? :cooldevil

Chris Duel
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Chris, The goatee is hawt:smokin Looks nice on you. I will catch Sports Sunday. I am anticipating ESPN 1250 website with the live stream!

Thanks, RashoFan!

They've shown us the prototype of the website and it's gonna be cool. Very unlike the typical radio website. Lots of interactive video - we're ultimately headed toward a two-way Internet radio dialogue in addition to the on-air radio broadcast.

SequSpur
03-23-2008, 07:49 PM
maybe i'm the one who is a schizophrenic psycho yeah....

GoGatos
03-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Nice with the GoGatos and adding the "." on the end. Clever. One thing I can never criticize is the intelligence of many people on this board. (not sarcasm, I really do think it's clever)

mouse
03-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Is that your way of saying you get it? :smokin

RashoFan
03-24-2008, 09:20 AM
maybe i'm the one who is a schizophrenic psycho yeah....
Got any meds you care to share?:D

RashoFan
03-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Chris,
Saw the spot on SS. Very nice! Local show for the local people by the local people. The open format of the show has me thinking it is like the Quattro on the air.

BonnerDynasty
03-24-2008, 12:02 PM

STSA starts at 3. Duel's show starts at 5. I get tired of Ramsey, Political talk, etc by 3 so....

PeterBurns
03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I just saw the piece. Interesting to say the least.
Good piece for them, Even if it was Easter Sunday at 10:30 on the 4th best station in town. Better than nothing right? (Kidding)

What's funny is I had a friend/client call me, and he said he thought it was pretty funny how Chancellor switched ships so quickly. As always, I bit my tongue.

I will give it up to Rasho Fan. Duel looking tight with the Goatee. That's not what I thought Jason would look like. Although, what's up with no Dawn or Johnny Compian Mention. DAMN IT!!!!

I guess the end is near for us, with all that local programming. I mean, All San Antonio, All the Time.

Wait a minute. They have a whopping 2 hours of local talk today. All Local, All The time....Did I hear the segment wrong? I mean, we have 4....they have 2 today. But then again, I'm not a math major.

I mean, literally it won't be until 5PM today, until people will be able to hear a local voice on that station. I probably wouldn't have let Paul have the day off after this earthbreaking report. (You see Gatos....That's how you inject a subtle sarcasm blurb into a online message forum)

Oh well, back to trying to sell a sold out station. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Hey Duel...Check you PM's....I sent you some hate mail.

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Wow. Clear Channel peeps don't wait long to rip their former TV station...

:lol

PeterBurns
03-24-2008, 02:35 PM
ASF...Did I Rip?

Surely, I didn't. Reread the post. At no point did I rip WOAI.
Now, I might have just pointed out a fact, but didn't rip. I believe that they are #4 in ratings.

The only rip was that they didn't include Dawn or Johnny.

I like David and especially Don. They've always been a good guys to me, and I enjoyed Chance when he was with Parker back in the day.

It was my client that ripped into them. Not I.

The only thing I would rip into them is I'm not a big fan of the new logo for them. Just doesn't seem like the right fit.

I wonder what they will be called when they change call letters.

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't really care, I watch KSAT. Actually, Channel 4 is my 4th choice.

I agree with you about the fact that they didn't mention Dawn or her awesome NASCAR show Track Smack.

S_A_Longhorn
03-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Wow. Clear Channel peeps don't wait long to rip their former TV station...

:lol

This is the same guy that was quick to post a laundry list of his ex-wife, Stacie Burns, and her fall from "grace".

So you think he would hesitate to 'rip' his former co-workers? :lol

PeterBurns
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Hmm....People asked via the forum, and I was happy to share. :king.

More importantly....where did I rip my former coworkers?
If anything, I defended who they were.

Both David and Don are good guys, and never did anything but attempt to help me with anything I ever asked of them.

You see, this is a good example of someone who doesn't have an arguement against a main point, just a side bar argument. Typical S A Longhorn Style.

I call it OJ Simpson Defense Posting.

"Don't mind the facts, let's distract the people with other details"

Your reply sir?....I'll humor you for a bit.

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 03:24 PM

Defense Exhibit A:

Good piece for them, Even if it was Easter Sunday at 10:30 on the 4th best station in town. Better than nothing right? (Kidding)

SAtown
03-24-2008, 03:35 PM

It would sound like a funeral, but they still haven't even touched on the Spurs/Mavs. :lol

S_A_Longhorn
03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
It would sound like a funeral, but they still haven't even touched on the Spurs/Mavs. :lol

You beat me to it! Been listening for about 40 minutes and they mentioned once, but spent AT LEAST twice as much time on Hotties-To-Hotties and NCAA basketball.

Again, this is supposed to be Sports Talk San Antonio. You think holmes would be talking Mavs/Spurs if the Mavs would have won??? :p:

EDIT - OK, at the 47 minute mark past 3, Spurs/Mavs talk. Well, at least Spurs/Mavs ABC announcers talk, specifically Vang Gundy. Sheeeshh...what a load of crap. Please Duel...begin your show at 3 PM ASAP!!!!

PeterBurns
03-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Defense Exhibit A:

Is it not fact that they are the 4th ranked station?
I think it goes, KENS, KSAT, KABB, then Channel 4.

The Defense rests...

That's kind of like saying, the Hawks are going to make the playoffs despite being 25 games out of 1st place. It is a fact.

On another note...ASF...How was Dawn's Show? I was out of town, and curious how much Nascar gets a following here? I for one, and completely and utterly void of any NASCAR knowledge, but curious if there is a very good following in SA. The Thompson's didn't like it for a while, and then decided to give it a try, and now they are hooked.

S_A_Longhorn
03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Hmm....People asked via the forum, and I was happy to share. :king.

Both David and Don are good guys, and never did anything but attempt to help me with anything I ever asked of them.

You see, this is a good example of someone who doesn't have an arguement against a main point, just a side bar argument. Typical S A Longhorn Style.

I call it OJ Simpson Defense Posting.

"Don't mind the facts, let's distract the people with other details"

Your reply sir?....I'll humor you for a bit.

I got my own style? Awesome!

I don't expect anything else from you. At least not until CC fires you for whatever reason. The you spill the beans about CC the next day. Fortunately, no one will miss you since you're not even on the air these days.

Now Stacie on the other hand...get your monthly check yet?

timvp
03-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Kori wants me to post in this thread that mouse isn't Tike Mailer. I'll let you know if Kori wants me to post anything else. Thanks.

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 03:59 PM

The Defense rests...

That's kind of like saying, the Hawks are going to make the playoffs despite being 25 games out of 1st place. It is a fact.

I was referring to the "better than nothing" part, but ok, you win.

On another note...ASF...How was Dawn's Show? I was out of town, and curious how much Nascar gets a following here? I for one, and completely and utterly void of any NASCAR knowledge, but curious if there is a very good following in SA. The Thompson's didn't like it for a while, and then decided to give it a try, and now they are hooked.

The show itself is as good as it has always been, from the KTSA days to the KMAC days to now. Actually, better. Dawn and Chip have always made a great team, and Mike Haag from the Excuse-For-News adds quite a bit to the show. And they still have Hall Of Fame Racing's Director of Competition Phillippe Lopez on every week, but now they also have ESPN's #1 pit reporter Mike Massaro calling in also.

As for SA's following, back when KTSA had the PRN feed of the races at SMI tracks (MRN is 10 times better, IMO...you haven't listened to a race until you've heard Dave Moody call a turn 2 wreck), I regularly pulled up at stop lights and heard other cars listening to the races. I'd say there's quite a following here.

Give the show a listen next Saturday. It's fun even if you don't like racing. It'll get you hooked, I promise!

:music

Jimmy Bobby
03-24-2008, 04:21 PM

The Defense rests...

Peter shuda bena atorney. Channel 4 ranked 4th. ESPN ranked 44th. Gotta go vote for my hottie of the day on ticket760.com, bitches.

PeterBurns
03-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Kori wants me to post in this thread that mouse isn't Tike Mailer. I'll let you know if Kori wants me to post anything else. Thanks.

Classic

PeterBurns
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I got my own style? Awesome!
At least it's unique....

I don't expect anything else from you.
Yes, because you know me so well. Remember the Winter's we had in Aspen, the coffee in Paris....What was that's waiter's name?.......JEAN LUKE!!!!
("Celebrate the moments of your life")

At least not until CC fires you for whatever reason.
My guess is drinking on the job, but let's not rule out Arson or Jaywalking

Then you spill the beans about CC the next day.

C'mon. If I wasn't here and posting about the station, your post count would slow down immensely. You NEED ME ON THIS BOARD, YOU WANT ME ON THIS BOARD

Fortunately, no one will miss you since you're not even on the air these days.

Does that mean people would have missed me if I was still on air? I think not.

Now Stacie on the other hand...get your monthly check yet?

Hmm. Good question. It is Tax-return time. I'll check the mail today. My Via Pass is almost expired, and I'm down to my last Ramen Noodles Case. If not, it's back to giving blood and plasma.

Although I do find it amusing, that your trump card on every arguement is about Stacie. That's becoming your version of "I know you are but what am I"

Please come stronger next time, it's been some weak efforts so far, and I'm losing my interest with you.

Amuse me clown..... :sleep

Jimmy Bobby
03-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Leave Peter alone! You are all jealous that you'll never bone a hottie like Stacie. You would all give your left nut to have five minutes naked with Stacie. Peter had five years. Leave Peter alone!

T Park
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Mike Taylor avoided the Spurs Mavericks game?

How shocking.

But but but ubt You don't need people from SA to have an opinion on local sports!!!!

Jimmy Bobby
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
But but but ubt You don't need people from SA to have an opinion on local sports!!!!

Truer words have never been spoken. But you do have to be a stud muffin to get your sausage soaked by Stacie The Sports Chick. Puro Burns.

GoGatos
03-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Mike Taylor avoided the Spurs Mavericks game?

How shocking.

What's funny is, people are ripping STSA for not diving head-first into mavs-spurs talk...see we have 3 hours. We fill 3 hours. We find it our duty to talk NCAA tournament (since we ARE the official station) for about 40 minutes. Then we stayed on Spurs-Mavs for the rest of the show.

Oh, and Tpark, I assume you missed the part where Taylor ripped the Mavs organization and called Mark Cuban a classless jerkoff...or the part where he talked about how the Spurs officially killed the Mavericks as we know them... or about how you can see the difference between a good team that has what it takes (Spurs) and a team that is a collection of mental midgets (Mavs). Yeah, we AVOIDED the game alright...

And no, you don't need someone FROM San Antonio to have an opinion on local sports. BTW, last time I checked, Minnix isn't originally from SA...just saying.

mouse
03-25-2008, 01:05 AM
What's funny is, Taylor ripped the Mavs organization and called Mark Cuban a classless jerkoff...

And only six months ago he was a Mavs fan? I can only imagine what he will say about Peter Holt when he is working in Cleveland next year.

(I kid I kid just fun ribbing!)

If Mike Taylor was a real man he would invite mark Cuban on his show and call him a jerk off in person.

Then again this is the same tree hugger that won't meet Chris Duel live on the air so that day will never happen.

2centsworth
03-25-2008, 08:55 AM
STSA is winning me over. They had a very good show yesterday. Taylor is a starting to settle in. I still want to like ESPN more, but there just seems to be a lot of yelling about nothing and very little sports discussed. We'll see how it plays out.