PDA

View Full Version : Mickael pietrus....

colargol
03-22-2008, 04:54 AM
His last ten

Last 10 Games 32.3 .481 .355 .750 3.0 5.8 8.8 1.0 1.2 0.7 12.5

I like this man and he's getting better with more playing time......

Thoughts.....?

Brutalis
03-22-2008, 04:59 AM
NBA Forum, bucko.

mystargtr34
03-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Should have got him while he was cheap and struggling last season ... although we should be able to get him for less than the mid level

ss1986v2
03-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Should have got him while he was cheap and struggling last season ... although we should be able to get him for less than the mid level
he had his best nba season last year, he was far from struggling (thats what hes been doing for the better part of this year).

anyway, still have the same opinion of pietrus as ive always had: hes got the skill set, but hes as dumb as a rock (think a level of stupid of elson-like proportions, maybe worse). if he comes on the cheap, sure, take a chance on him. but not at the price he was seeking last season (around full MLE).

colargol
03-22-2008, 05:32 AM
NBA Forum, bucko.

It' was about him as a Spurs......

urunobili
03-22-2008, 08:39 AM
i would really like him on the team.. always has... i dunno if he has issues with Tony to make a run at him

romain.star
03-22-2008, 09:52 AM
tony and Pietrus are not the best friends... I remember tony saying that he and Diaw were the only real NBA players from France

Big P
03-22-2008, 10:01 AM
This past summer, TP was on a radio show in France with Pietrus, he said that he would love to have Pietrus on the Spurs & Pietrus said that he would love to play on a team like the Spurs.

jag
03-22-2008, 10:06 AM
You mean this Mickael Pietrus:

Known as Air France, or the French Jordan, Pietrus started out the season miserably; started to complain about his inconsistent minutes and playing out of position.

Mickael is generally a quiet guy but in his fifth year in Oakland, he’s had his share of spouting off about his teammates’ selfishness (earlier in his career when the Warriors were less-successful), complained about his minutes (this season and last) and has reportedly asked to be traded.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/

SenorSpur
03-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I really believe he'd be a perfect fit for the Spurs. Dude has just the sort of ability this team obviously lacks and sorely needs. His athletic talent, combined with Pop's coaching, could turn him into a really fine player and valuable contributor to this team.

SenorSpur
03-22-2008, 10:32 AM
You mean this Mickael Pietrus:

Known as Air France, or the French Jordan, Pietrus started out the season miserably; started to complain about his inconsistent minutes and playing out of position.

Mickael is generally a quiet guy but in his fifth year in Oakland, he’s had his share of spouting off about his teammates’ selfishness (earlier in his career when the Warriors were less-successful), complained about his minutes (this season and last) and has reportedly asked to be traded.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/

Haven't the Spurs been successful in turning around some supposed selfish knuckleheads before?

jag
03-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Haven't the Spurs been successful in turning around some supposed selfish knuckleheads before?

Ya but i'm just not sure if this guy is worth it...he's also gonna want a big contract. I have a feeling we might be talking about Derek Anderson syndrome here...

DaDakota
03-22-2008, 11:09 AM
He is coming to the Rockets.

;)

Indazone
03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
It'd be nice if he came to the Rockets but that would overload us at the SF position wouldn't it? I guess he plays guard forward. Could be a Bonzi Wells type player. What position does this guy play anyways? He keeps saying he is being used out of position. What's his natural position when he was in Europe?

ss1986v2
03-22-2008, 11:47 AM
It'd be nice if he came to the Rockets but that would overload us at the SF position wouldn't it? I guess he plays guard forward. Could be a Bonzi Wells type player. What position does this guy play anyways? He keeps saying he is being used out of position. What's his natural position when he was in Europe?
he can play either sg or sf. but thats not the problem with him being played out of position. nellie has been playing pietrus at pf. nellie-ball at its best...

DAF86
03-22-2008, 04:40 PM
he's not a reliable shooter the spurs need a guy who can hit open jumpers with consistency

ChuckD
03-22-2008, 05:38 PM
he's not a reliable shooter the spurs need a guy who can hit open jumpers with consistency
His shooting or athleticism wouldn't be the problem. He shoots 44% from the field and 35% from downtown, both career and this year. Seems pretty consistant to me. He seems like a good guy, young enough, and athletic. The problem is his b-ball IQ. If it's low, he will fail in the Spurs system. He'd just be a 6'6" Francisco Elson.

gospursgojas
03-22-2008, 05:41 PM

And the spurs would never sign an inconsistent shooter, see: Fin, Stoudimire, Udoka, Bonner(trade).

Allanon
03-22-2008, 05:44 PM
The Warriors were openly shopping Mickael pietrus because they don't have minutes for him. I'm not quite sure why the Spurs didn't get him but I'm sure they tried.

I think the Spurs missed the boat on disgruntled/tradeable athletic/bully guys (Pietrus, Artest, Gerald Green, David Lee, AK47, Luol Deng) and it's going to hurt this year.

I have no idea what the Spurs were thinking this year, look at the Spurs team and you see ZERO (0) future prospects. It's filled with hired guns. All the future guys got sent away Scola, Beno, etc.

Ian is wallowing away in the D-League, he could have developed better here in the NBA if Pop wasn't so stubborn about veterans.

ChuckD
03-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I think some of you have unrealistic expectations of what we can get this summer. I also think your expectations of "shooters" are unrealistic. The very best in the game fail 60% of the time outside the arc.

ChuckD
03-22-2008, 05:56 PM
The Warriors were openly shopping Mickael pietrus because they don't have minutes for him. I'm not quite sure why the Spurs didn't get him but I'm sure they tried.

I think the Spurs missed the boat on disgruntled/tradeable athletic/bully guys (Pietrus, Artest, Gerald Green, David Lee, AK47, Luol Deng) and it's going to hurt this year.

I have no idea what the Spurs were thinking this year, look at the Spurs team and you see ZEO (0) future prospects. It's filled with hired guns. All the future guys got sent away Scola, Beno, etc.

Ian is wallowing away in the D-League, he could have developed better here in the NBA if Pop wasn't so stubborn about veterans.
Funny your take about Pop being stubborn with veterans. Phil Jackson is the poster child for that particular malady. He was basically forced into rebuilding by signing his current contract, and you'll notice there hasn't been an O'Brien trophy parade on Fig since 2002. That team, and every other team PJ coached between his first Chicago squad and the signing of his current contract, was saturated with vets.
Really, of our big three, only Manu (30 YO SG) can be considered old for his position. Tim turns 32 this year, but honestly, he plays a low to the floor game grounded in fundamentals and footwork, and could continue for 6-8 years if he wanted to without a huge, Shaq-like dropoff. Tony is only 25. Nuff said.
The Spurs only need pieces to put around them for the next two years, and the pieces that fit best are veterans who understand the game and their roles. It's also not like any top young players are going to sign here for the MCE or less this summer or next, and drafting in the late 20s is dicey, at best, and a tough way to develop young players that can really contribute. We have one big in the NBDL (Mahinmi), and one in Europe (Splitter). Splitter is the better bet, but the Mahinmi guy has a higher ceiling.

ChumpDumper
03-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Ian is wallowing away in the D-League, he could have developed better here in the NBA if Pop wasn't so stubborn about veterans.It's a pretty safe bet you've never seen Ian play.

Allanon
03-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh no ChuckD, I'm not talking about the Big 3, obviously those guys are fine. I'm talking about future prospects. There aren't any future prospects on the team.

Splitter I've heard talked about and never seen, I heard Ian's doing good in the NBDL but I think he'd be better in the NBA. He's basically going to have to play his rookie season again when he gets called up.

Phil has always had a hard-on for big veteran players but he can say he has melded this core of young players into a championship contender with a gift from Memphis. Probably the best coaching job he's ever done.

ChumpDumper
03-22-2008, 06:18 PM
The Lakers' core is quite seasoned.

Bruno
03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
tony and Pietrus are not the best friends... I remember tony saying that he and Diaw were the only real NBA players from France

They had a good relationship before Tony trash talk him in the press.
Pietrus was pissed about that but Tony has publicly apologized for what he has said in the press about Pietrus. I don't know if they are "friends" again.

ChumpDumper
03-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Pietrus could be ok if we can't get Artest at a discount.

DAF86
03-22-2008, 06:26 PM
And the spurs would never sign an inconsistent shooter, see: Fin, Stoudimire, Udoka, Bonner(trade).

that's why we need a consistent shooter

DAF86
03-22-2008, 06:28 PM
His shooting or athleticism wouldn't be the problem. He shoots 44% from the field and 35% from downtown, both career and this year. Seems pretty consistant to me. He seems like a good guy, young enough, and athletic. The problem is his b-ball IQ. If it's low, he will fail in the Spurs system. He'd just be a 6'6" Francisco Elson.

35% is good but we need a 40 45% 3pt shooter a la Jason Kapono

ChuckD
03-22-2008, 07:24 PM
35% is good but we need a 40 45% 3pt shooter a la Jason Kapono
Jason Kapono has a lot of other deficits. He couldn't stay in front of my grandmother on defense, and she's dead.

You're not going to get the perfect player for the MCE or less. Let's just agree that Pietrus isn't the answer and agree to disagree as to why. :)

DAF86
03-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Jason Kapono has a lot of other deficits. He couldn't stay in front of my grandmother on defense, and she's dead.

You're not going to get the perfect player for the MCE or less. Let's just agree that Pietrus isn't the answer and agree to disagree as to why. :)

Fair enough :tu

picnroll
03-22-2008, 08:29 PM
At the Sac game Tim and Tony seemed to be chatting and laughing a lot with Artest before and during the game. Bring him on in fellows.