PDA

View Full Version : Francisco Elson?

DieMrBond
03-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Has anyone been keeping tabs on him? I noticed he had a big fat DNP today against LA.

I havent seen a single 'after-spur' story on him, which is odd because normally the express news have tonnes of stories when a player/coach leaves the team (see: PJ, Brent Barry (albeit for a certain buyout reason), Stephen Jackson, Malik Rose, etc etc). I know he wasnt exactly as 'loved' as some of those other players, but it would be nice to know what he was up to?

Has there been any stories on him? I have no idea of any good Sonics pages (is there such a thing?) to check for stories.

GrandeDavid
03-22-2008, 05:47 AM
I had all but forgotten about him, but then again, I haven't had much time to watch many NBA games. Elson is a real disappointment, thought. One would've thought that with a full year on the team and last year's playoff experience, he'd know the system and be able to contribute, supposedly being a good athlete with that length. What a letdown.

The Truth #6
03-22-2008, 05:49 AM
I imagine he's seen as an expiring contract. His future is unclear perhaps.

timvp
03-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Last I read, he hurt his knee. I'm not sure if he's still injured, though.

I actually feel kinda bad for him being traded, which is ironic since I was so against signing him. Sure he sucks but he was genuinely happy when he joined the team and was also genuinely happy when the Spurs won the championship last year. And his suckiness wasn't as a result of not trying or not caring. He practiced and worked on his game non-stop while he was here.

He's basically a late bloomer who never bloomed all the way. I hope he can stick around the NBA for a couple more years. He'd actually make a decent backup center for an athletic running team like the Warriors or the Bobcats.

Brutalis
03-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Last I read, he hurt his knee. I'm not sure if he's still injured, though.

I actually feel kinda bad for him being traded, which is ironic since I was so against signing him. Sure he sucks but he was genuinely happy when he joined the team and was also genuinely happy when the Spurs won the championship last year. And his suckiness wasn't as a result of not trying or not caring. He practiced and worked on his game non-stop while he was here.

He's basically a late bloomer who never bloomed all the way. I hope he can stick around the NBA for a couple more years. He'd actually make a decent backup center for an athletic running team like the Warriors or the Bobcats.
Yeah well he got a ring so I'm sure he won't cry for too long if his career ends real soon.

Bruno
03-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Elson is in the rough situation. He was with a contender and is now with a bad team where he has no future. On top of that, he sprained his MCL.

the best news for him is that the season ends in 3 weeks and that he will be a free agent this summer.

mystargtr34
03-22-2008, 06:50 AM
I think he could fit on the Warriors

T Park
03-22-2008, 09:27 AM
I could see someone like Memphis or Charlotte giving him the minimum next year.

bdictjames
03-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Best of luck to Cisco. I never liked him, maybe never will, but he brings passion to the court and the Spurs need that sometimes.

ClingingMars
03-22-2008, 06:32 PM
he got a ring :)

-Mars

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 06:41 PM
We haven't heard much about him because the Spurs haven't played the Sonics since the trade; usually we hear (locally at least) more about former Spurs when their new teams are on the schedule. When the Sonics come to SA in mid-April, there will probably be a story about him.

DieMrBond
03-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks for that guys (and good point FWD, i thought they had played since the trade)

He did seem to really enjoy being a Spur - i wonder how he took it, and if any of the players contacted him - it was all 'Brent this, Brent that' (understandably) but still, was he anyones friend? :P

Fabbs
03-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Spurs were something like 19-2 when Cisco played more then 20 minutes.
I stopped counting after that.
Stats are not recorded such as "opposing teams guards decided not to drive because Spurs were in Tallball mode" or "guards drove but kicked out because of impending Tallball block" or "occupied other teams big while shot was in the air thus helped Duncan garner the rebound".

Cisco did not get a lot of time in the playoffs and seemed in Poppys doghouse ever since the cracked eye bone impeded (seemed to) what was looking like fine progress in the summer of 2007.

But i have Cisco down as having contributed to 2007 Championship.

Begets the question how much of pro hoop is mental?

ploto
03-22-2008, 09:59 PM
We haven't heard much about him because the Spurs haven't played the Sonics since the trade; usually we hear (locally at least) more about former Spurs when their new teams are on the schedule. When the Sonics come to SA in mid-April, there will probably be a story about him.
With Johnny Ludden gone, there are not that many of this type of article at all anymore.

duncan228
03-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I have no idea of any good Sonics pages (is there such a thing?) to check for stories.

A couple of local sites for Sonics stuff:

The Tacoma News Tribune:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/sonics/

The Seattle Times:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/

alamo50
03-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Elson was 2007's Jaren Jackson.