PDA

View Full Version : Houston, we have a problem

CubanMustGo
03-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Down 30-16 in Phoenix and there's still three minutes left in the first.

Where's that world-class Rockets defense we keep hearing about?

Indazone
03-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I knew the Phoenix game would expose us without Yao in the Middle. Shaq is too much of a force to deal with. He opens up the floor for everyone else and forces defenses to double team him. If they do that, it opens up the floor for Nash, Barbosa, Stoudamire, and Hill. It's going to be murder trying to beat these guys at full strength and fully integrated and knowing how to play with each other. Spurs will have a tough time with these Suns now too.

Xylus
03-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Suns are looking fantastic. One of the best quarters of basketball we've played since Shaq arrived. I expect somewhat of a letdown in the 2nd quarter.

CubanMustGo
03-22-2008, 09:39 PM
38-21 after one.

Hell, Shaq's even hitting FTs (5-7).

DOMINATOR
03-22-2008, 09:49 PM
its funny rockets couldn't matchup with Suns before cuz frontline was too big and slow. now rockets are too small.

ducks
03-22-2008, 10:17 PM
funny suns are so good not taking into account houston played gs last night

ducks
03-22-2008, 10:18 PM
rockets d let suns shoot 76% in first half

Jeremy
03-22-2008, 10:20 PM
If the Suns hadn't gotten sloppy with the turnovers and allowed offensive rebounds, we could have closer to 90 points at the half, instead of 74.

Findog
03-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Rockets aren't done yet.

Findog
03-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, maybe now they are

DOMINATOR
03-22-2008, 11:27 PM
suns got lucky playing rox on b2b after GSW and 4th game in 5 days. oh and amare 20/20 FTs.

boutons_
03-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Suns had a very good shooting %age in first half, everything was going in. Pretty hard to counter that.

Game will end 55% - 44%, with 10 pt Suns W.

Suns +20 FT pts

Xylus
03-22-2008, 11:29 PM
7-game win streak, with wins against San Antonio, Portland, Golden State, and Houston.

Bring on Boston and Detroit.

GuerillaBlack
03-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Refs sucked hard this game. Couldn't get a foul call for anything until the final minute. Amare had 20 FT attempts (and made all of them). Biased refs.

Hey, but the Rockets went 2-3 in hell week. Not bad (five games in seven nights). They did not practice all week.

SpursDynasty
03-22-2008, 11:34 PM
I bet if the Rockets had played Boston or Phoenix somewhere in that 22-game schedule, they would have never won 22 straight.

Rockets are being exposed.

Xylus
03-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Refs sucked hard this game. Couldn't get a foul call for anything until the final minute. Amare had 20 FT attempts (and made all of them). Biased refs.

Hey, but the Rockets went 2-3 in hell week. Not bad (five games in seven nights). They did not practice all week.
Excuses pouring in from Rockets fans:

1. Biased refs.
2. "Amare is the new Dwyane Wade."
3. Back-to-back

The Rockets got dominated. The Suns had 13 more FT attempts, the Rockets had 29 more FG attempts, and Houston still couldn't get it done.

SpursDynasty
03-22-2008, 11:36 PM
McGrady went 11-for-31? Hoop getting smaller there? No more jump shooting to carry you anymore. Goodbye Houston.

RonMexico
03-22-2008, 11:38 PM
The Suns just made the FTs that were given to them. I can't help that the Rockets could only make 18... especially T-Mac missing 2 at a critical point.

Gino
03-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Posted this in the wrong thread.....

Shaq had a better free throw percentage than T-Mac tonight.

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Excuses pouring in from Rockets fans:

1. Biased refs.
2. "Amare is the new Dwyane Wade."
3. Back-to-back

The Rockets got dominated. The Suns had 13 more FT attempts, the Rockets had 29 more FG attempts, and Houston still couldn't get it done.
Of course this comes from a Suns fan. Any other fan who watched the game would know the Suns got easy foul calls. Amare almost had as much as the entire Rockets team.

Spursdynasty, why are you here? The Rockets did play the Celtics, but lost to them. A win would have extended the streak. The Rockets are also tied with Phoenix for the season.

Jeremy
03-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Actually, Phoenix is up 2-1 in the season series.

lefty
03-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Posted this in the wrong thread.....

Shaq had a better free throw percentage than T-Mac tonight.

What ?

T-Mac must retire.
Now.

SHAQOWNSDUNCAN
03-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Shaq Owns Anyonde On The Sorry Rockets The Rockets Have No Talent On There Team I'm Sorry But Tracy Mcgrady Is The Worst Player In The Nba He Airballs His Shots Half The Time Cant Make Crucial Fth's Is A Ball Hog Talk About A Joke Lmao So Pathatic I Hope You Enjoyed Your Lame 22 Game Winning Streak Because That Means Nothing Consdering You Were Playing Crappy Teams

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2008, 12:23 AM
^^You're and idiot! Only half the league is above .500 anyway, so its not like the Rockets were going to play everyone above .500 during the streak. Out of 22-games, they played 10 teams above .500. Not bad at all.

T-Mac is sucking hard on his free throws. He needs to back it up some and not stay on the line so much.

mojorizen7
03-23-2008, 06:34 AM
The Rockets would have been toast without YAO in the playoffs anyway.
22 in a row was amazing but the Rockets are headed back down to Earth now.

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2008, 06:42 AM
They did average during hell week. Won 2-3 games (five games in seven nights). If they had even a day of rest and had time to actually practice, they would have beat Phoenix. They didn't, so move on and wait until the playoffs.

mojorizen7
03-23-2008, 08:20 AM
They did average during hell week. Won 2-3 games (five games in seven nights). If they had even a day of rest and had time to actually practice, they would have beat Phoenix. They didn't, so move on and wait until the playoffs.

How?
The Rockets will be even LESS effective in the playoff's with no low-post presence on either end of the floor.
Trust me...as a Suns fan....i know all about it.

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2008, 09:00 AM
The get breaks in the playoffs and don't play back to backs. Houston came back last night, too. Phoenix will let you back into games.

mojorizen7
03-23-2008, 09:15 AM
The get breaks in the playoffs and don't play back to backs. Houston came back last night, too. Phoenix will let you back into games.
This is true....but relying on getting punished for 2 qtrs and then waiting for the other team to let you back in is no way to win playoff games.

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2008, 09:29 AM
This is true....but relying on getting punished for 2 qtrs and then waiting for the other team to let you back in is no way to win playoff games.
With rest, I'm telling you the Rockets can beat Phoenix in a playoff series. You know Phoenix circled the game last night on their calendar, as the Rockets were on the last game of a brutal week. It should have been a win for Phoenix. A B2B-day rest-B2B. All against strong opponents.

DaDakota
03-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Congrats to Phoenix they looked great last night, the way they are finally posting up Shaq makes a huge difference, and it seems that Amare has found his comfor level with Shaq in the game.

They are going to be a tough out.....

That being said, I doubt they shoot 77% in a half again, and I would love to see a Houston vs. Phoenix matchup in the playoffs....

But could you please trade us Steve Nash for Rafer first?

:D

DD

DazedAndConfused
03-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Any team with a dominant interior post presence can beat the Rockets. The Rockets streak lasted as long as it did because they were extremely lucky to face good opponents without their best interior players. They have fallen down to earth like I and EVERYONE ELSE KNEW BESIDES THE IDIOT ROCKET HOMERS. Hate to say I told you so, but I fucking told you so.

DOMINATOR
03-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Any team with a dominant interior post presence can beat the Rockets. The Rockets streak lasted as long as it did because they were extremely lucky to face good opponents without their best interior players. They have fallen down to earth like I and EVERYONE ELSE KNEW BESIDES THE IDIOT ROCKET HOMERS. Hate to say I told you so, but I fucking told you so.
still bitter the Fakers lost to them?

The Franchise
03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
SHHHHHHHHHHH.