PDA

View Full Version : Fuck the zebras in UCLA game

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Assholes. Clean block my ass, you cocksuckers.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/53/532752.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 12:49 AM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-03/37063269.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
Fucking eat shit and die you zebras.

Brutalis
Don't matter UCLA is better regardless.. *fuels the fire*...

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah, especially when they dribble the ball off their leg and the zebra calls it out off A&M.

All three of those assholes should be fired. Fucking UCLA dick sucking fest.

Holt's Cat
03-23-2008, 12:59 AM
That sucks, but the Ags had their chances. They took a 1 seed down to the wire in front of their fans.

I would have preferred going for the win in that scenario.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 01:03 AM
I agree Holt. I wanted Dom or Josh to take the last shot from three. Still, given the alternative, how can the zebras not call the foul in that situation? Fucking bullshit.

Now I understand what Stanford fans were bitching about a couple of weeks ago, looks like there's a different set of rules for UCLA. There wasn't one foul on this play, but two.

Fuck this shit. :td

Cant_Be_Faded
03-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Man that's bull shit. But you can't be too surprised, just like any other sport...the bigger market gets the favors.

word
03-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Wonder if he could have made the freethrows.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Wonder if he could have made the freethrows.

I just wanted to see him have the chance.

If you've got money laying around, put it down on UCLA. Between this play, the bullshit shot against Cal going over the backboard, and the phantom foul on Stanford last week to save UCLA's ass, it makes you wonder if anyone can get a fair shake against UCLA...

Herschel Walker
03-23-2008, 02:02 AM
there were a lot of fouls inside on Love and ucla that weren't called. Still, AM had their chances and a little better offensive efficiency would have won the game going away.

K-State Spur
03-23-2008, 02:50 AM
What was sloan doing? He should have gotten a whistle. But driving wildly into 3 trees, his only hope was to get bailed out by a whistle.

Holmes_Fans
03-23-2008, 09:59 AM
A&M should of score more than 3 points the last 9 minutes of the game.

Holmes_Fans
03-23-2008, 10:01 AM
He shouldn't of wildly tried to drive into the lane. Believe it or not the refs view the game in full speed, if a player goes into the lane with no control and the ball comes out you cannot call that foul. At full speed there first time you cannot be %100 sure he was fouled. That's how it is in college and nba

Cant_Be_Faded
03-23-2008, 10:31 AM
A&M should of score more than 3 points the last 9 minutes of the game.

That's very true. I think i jinxed A&M. I changed it, saw them up, started ranting about big twelve dominance, then later saw that they didn't score but 5 more points, and there were like 9 minutes left.

O-Factor
03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Damn, I saw the game online so couldn't tell how clean the block was, but now I can clearly see. I know refs miss some close calls in games, but that was a pretty obvious foul. Aggies got screwed there, but they took UCLA to the wire regardless.

But like the previous poster said, bigger markets are going to get the calls unfortunately.

RonMexico
03-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Apparently the play was designed to be a 3 pointer for Kirk with Carter as a decoy. I would have liked to see that develop.

Ags still need to learn to shoot FTs before next season.

baseline bum
03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Choke!

Purple & Gold
03-23-2008, 08:17 PM
:cry :cry

beachbarbie948
03-23-2008, 09:07 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/2vtqwrk.jpg

K-State Spur
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/2vtqwrk.jpg

LOL!!!!

MajorMike
03-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with bigger markets. The other side of the coin is always going to complain. If it had been UCLA going for the layup and Collison was fouled, the atm fans would be saying, "Let them play," and, "I hate when the refs decide the game at the last second." atm dominated the 2nd half, they should not have been in a situation to lose.

Jimcs50
03-24-2008, 09:55 AM
not that it matters, but UCLA's last dunk should have been waved off too...he clearly had the ball in his hand when the red light went on.

Aggies really only lost by 2.

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 10:12 AM
not that it matters, but UCLA's last dunk should have been waved off too...he clearly had the ball in his hand when the red light went on.

Aggies really only lost by 2.

They actually corrected the score last night. That angered me too.

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with bigger markets. The other side of the coin is always going to complain. If it had been UCLA going for the layup and Collison was fouled, the atm fans would be saying, "Let them play," and, "I hate when the refs decide the game at the last second." atm dominated the 2nd half, they should not have been in a situation to lose.

We probably wouldn't have said that.

degenerate_gambler
03-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Is Jordan good as gone now?

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 10:20 AM

Here's the problem. He's athletic enough to be a top 10 pick and every agent will probably tell him he is.

However, he could probably use another year in B/CS and we could definitely use him.

He came up big in that game - he can't help that Kevin Love got 7 blocks, but only two fouls with his 3-inch vertical.

MajorMike
03-24-2008, 10:52 AM

I have seen him as high as 3rd and a lotto pick in every mock draft except one, which had him 17th. Most project him in front of Lopez of Stanford as the only 2 true 7-foot prospects. Also, most show him going to Memphis, NYK or Indy.

So with the likelyhood of him being a lottery pick and the lack of 7-footers in the draft, I say he is good as gone.

degenerate_gambler
03-24-2008, 10:55 AM
The first half I thought he played very good at both ends. Then he looked sort of lost on some switches in the second half and looked like he lost his agressiveness.

And then that cross court pass he telegraphed....that was a killer.

But if he's indeed a legit lottery pick, I don't know how you can pass up the $$ to go back to school for another year, even if it would benefit you to do so.

I thought LaMarcus Aldridge was making a mistake and he's turned out fine, so maybe Jordan will be the same way, although he's less polished at this point in his career than LA was.

johngateswhiteley
03-24-2008, 11:00 AM

i don't think so.

TheTruth
03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Did you guys see Jordan get his ass chewed by after the game for pouting outside the team huddle? He's a goner.

Doug Collins
03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
i don't think so.

He's gone. He's a guaranteed lottery pick unless he does something really stupid at the pre-draft camps. You don't turn down a guaranteed 3 year contract to comeback to school. Too much risk.

johngateswhiteley
03-24-2008, 11:41 AM
He's gone. He's a guaranteed lottery pick unless he does something really stupid at the pre-draft camps. You don't turn down a guaranteed 3 year contract to comeback to school. Too much risk.

i had a feeling he was coming back, though...just a hunch.

MajorMike
03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
i had a feeling he was coming back, though...just a hunch.

So we, "...shouldn't be suprised..." if he does?

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 12:47 PM
I want to revisit this thread the day that Kevin Love blocks 7 of Tim Duncan's shots... oh wait, that will never happen because they usually don't allow 6-9 players to hack 7-footers except in the Honda Center.

tlongII
03-24-2008, 02:06 PM
I want to revisit this thread the day that Kevin Love blocks 7 of Tim Duncan's shots... oh wait, that will never happen because they usually don't allow 6-9 players to hack 7-footers except in the Honda Center.

Love's blocks were clean. He wasn't hacking anybody.

CubanMustGo
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Love's blocks were clean. He wasn't hacking anybody.

Some were, some weren't.

Doug Collins
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM

You mean the L.A. Sports Arena. The Clippers need to play there again...

samikeyp
03-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Actually I think the Honda Center is the what was once known as Arrowhead Pond.

EDIT: I would be correct. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Center

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 03:55 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney08/insider/columns/story?columnist=bilas_jay&id=3309221&univLogin02=stateChanged

CaptMike, Jay Bilas is an objective observer in this situation:

Toughest Team: Texas A&M. The Aggies had to play Kansas State and Kansas in the Big 12 tournament in Kansas City, and they had to play UCLA in Anaheim. If the officials had the guts to call a foul at the end of the game, what was next? The Lakers at the Staples Center?

Worst No Call: At the end of the UCLA-Texas A&M game, Donald Sloan drove the lane for a potential game winning shot. Sloan was fouled. There is no question about it. A foul should have been called by the officials, and the shooter should have been protected. UCLA's Josh Shipp clearly hit Sloan on the arm on the shot, and the officials either missed it or chose not to call it because it was a late-game situation. Either way, the no call was unacceptable. The contact on the play was not incidental. No reasonable official can look at that play and suggest otherwise.

Also, CaptDouche, I have a feeling that if A&M is the team that got away with a last second hack, you'd be the first poster on here to yell about it and bitch that the "aggrots" got "lucky." Don't act like an impartial observer right now, because no one is buying it.

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 03:57 PM
More Bilas:

But, if I were in charge of the advancement of officials in this year's NCAA tournament, Curtis Shaw [the official who threw out Stanford coach Trent Johnson] would watch the remainder of the tournament at home, and so would the officials in the Texas A&M-UCLA game. Sadly, because of the misguided view of the NCAA that the stupid coaching box is more important than the proper administration of the game, Shaw will be rewarded.

I don't think there are two sides (Aggies v. Bruins) to this argument anymore.

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Andy Katz's blog re: this subject -

Foul result for Turgeon, A&M

Quick hitters for Monday:

• Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon said he doesn't have to see the photos that are circulating on the Internet, which showed UCLA's Josh Shipp clearly fouling the Aggies' Donald Sloan on his last attempt to tie the game in the final seconds on Saturday.

Turgeon did think his player was fouled on the play because he said Sloan wouldn't have hit the court. But he's not complaining a couple of days after the tough loss. He is well aware, though, that the Aggies might have had a legitimate shot at the Final Four with the rest of the bracket involving Western Kentucky, Xavier and West Virginia.

"There's nothing you can do; we had our chances,'' Turgeon said. "It's frustrating because we were playing so well and peaking. I know we could have been really good this weekend. It's frustrating."

Turgeon said the Aggies went from not playing well and wondering if they would make the tournament three weeks ago to being on the verge of knocking off the top-seeded Bruins.

"Frustrating. I know I would have had our guys ready for Western Kentucky,'' Turgeon said.

• Turgeon said he'll meet with freshman center DeAndre Jordan this week about his decision to stay in school or enter the NBA draft by the April 27 deadline. Jordan wouldn't be entering the draft on a high if he declares. His minutes declined because of poor play in the final few weeks. He played just five minutes against Kansas State and four against Kansas (fouling three times) in the Big 12 tournament. Jordan was also limited to five minutes versus BYU in the first round of the NCAA tournament. He played 15 minutes against UCLA and scored six points, grabbed four rebounds and had four turnovers in the loss.

Since it's an insider posting, here's the other stuff:
• Indiana interim coach Dan Dakich said Monday that he is conducting player meetings early this week to talk about what the players need to do academically, socially and physically over the coming months. He said he hasn't been told anything about his status. Indiana has at least one early-entrant NBA candidate in freshman Eric Gordon, a likely lottery pick if he declares.

• Arizona's Lute Olson, back on the job after taking the season off, was conducting player interviews on Monday. The status of interim coach Kevin O'Neill remains unchanged. He still doesn't know what he's going to do and hadn't met with Olson as of Monday morning. He does have a contract for another season. Earlier in the weekend, the assistants weren't sure if they were supposed to go on the road and recruit until they had met with Olson. There still was an aura of uncertainty hovering over the program. Meanwhile, Arizona freshman Jerryd Bayless and sophomore Chase Budinger have to make decisions as to whether or not they'll declare for the draft.

• UCLA coach Ben Howland said Sunday night that he couldn't get over how good Kevin Love was during the win over the Aggies. He couldn't stop raving about Love's ability to take over a game. Turgeon concurred. "I knew he was going to be good. I didn't know he had a heart like that or competed like that,'' Turgeon said. "He totally took over the game, blocked every shot, got every rebound. I know [Darren] Collison made those two plays [to push UCLA ahead], but it was Kevin Love who took control of the game.''

• There was so much talk about freshmen dominating the game this season. But guess what? Only two of the highest-profile freshmen remain in the Sweet 16 -- Love and Memphis' Derrick Rose.

• Expect Oklahoma's Jeff Capel and Miami's Frank Haith to get raises because South Carolina is showing interest. Every year, coaches get raises based on other jobs, and this should be no different. South Carolina -- along with Indiana and Providence -- could be waiting until after the Sweet 16 games to make its move.

Doug Collins
03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Actually I think the Honda Center is the what was once known as Arrowhead Pond.

EDIT: I would be correct. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Center

Touche

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-24-2008, 06:00 PM

No, actually I would have felt like we cheated if the shoe was on the other foot.

Of course, I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck if the jerseys were switched and that was Collison getting fouled at the end that his ass would have been shooting two.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Jordan's gone, no one on the team wants him back.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2008, 08:45 PM
That, and the fact that he was a huge bust at the college level.

LMAO at whoever compared that chodewad to LaMarcus Aldridge...LaM had one of the most dominant seasons of a big XII center EVER.

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
That, and the fact that he was a huge bust at the college level.

LMAO at whoever compared that chodewad to LaMarcus Aldridge...LaM had one of the most dominant seasons of a big XII center EVER.

No, Aldridge didn't.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes, because centers in the big twelve always go 15 and 10 per game while shooting 57% from the field when they are sophomores, and always deferring to the big twelve player of the year.

He averaged those stats in his sleep, brah.
Dominance.

1 on 1, the only players to stop him were the bruisers from A&M and that fat retarded looking baby shaq from LSU.

johngateswhiteley
03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Yes, because centers in the big twelve always go 15 and 10 per game while shooting 57% from the field when they are sophomores, and always deferring to the big twelve player of the year.

He averaged those stats in his sleep, brah.
Dominance.

1 on 1, the only players to stop him were the bruisers from A&M and that fat retarded looking baby shaq from LSU.

you don't think Jordan would dominate in his sophomore year? i think he would.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
He should have a much better soph season, in fact, looking at the numbers, deandre and lamarcus are near identical on their freshman season, with LaM knocking down more free throws and averaging more points.

I thought LaMarcus needed another year, and was wrong. But I saw nothing in our two games against A&M to show me why this Jordan guy is such an nba draft lock. I guess big bodies are hard to come by these days.

MajorMike
03-25-2008, 08:08 AM

One of the. Unfortunately he is a natural 4 and played the 5 out of necessity, altho he did it well. Can't say the best 5 ever because he isn't a 5, just like Simien and Graham and Boggan weren't natural 5s, but all had years comperable or better than LM. Probably the best pure 5 was Mihm.

Doug Collins
03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
He should have a much better soph season, in fact, looking at the numbers, deandre and lamarcus are near identical on their freshman season, with LaM knocking down more free throws and averaging more points.

I thought LaMarcus needed another year, and was wrong. But I saw nothing in our two games against A&M to show me why this Jordan guy is such an nba draft lock. I guess big bodies are hard to come by these days.

Jordan right now reminds me of Eric Dampier except crappier. At least he can jump and dunk. Of course he should comeback and improve every facet of his game that doesn't involve jumping or glaring, but guaranteed millions is tough to turn down. Freakin Robert Swift was a lottery pick and there's no way anyone would take him ahead of Jordan in a draft. Good luck in the NBA DeAndre!

Whisky Dog
03-25-2008, 11:34 AM
With the D-League now and the ability to spend two years there if necessary there really isn't a great reason for him to stay in school. Might as well go into the draft, be a lotto pick, and get ready for summer ball and D-League work. He'd develop there better than he would in college ball.

MajorMike
03-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Lotto money is great guaranteed cash, regardless of talent. He has 2 things gonig for him: his height and his potential. He is already tall and he is raw. NBA teams see that as a chance to 'learn him OUR way.'