PDA

View Full Version : Change the Frickin Lineup!!!!

SequSpur
03-23-2008, 01:31 PM
How many games does it take for you to realize that Bowen, Finley and Oberto can't score shit?

Insert Thomas, Udoka, Ginobili..... DAMN IT!

superfedja
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
You're right. Our best starting 5 ... BY FAR ... is Parker, Manu, Udoka, Thomas and Duncan ... Can you imagine if those guys each played 35 to 40 minutes on the floor, our defense would be unbeatable.... when those 5 play together at the same time we're unstopable , if pop goes with that line-up, we win the championship crushing whoever steps in our path, guaranteed.

sorry guys bowen is an awesome defender (probably a little better than
udoka) but he cant run as he used hes startin to get old and hes not even close to being as effective as udoka ... and Oberto plain sucks compared to Thomas (Thomas is just hustil crazy out there, grabbin rebounds, blockin shots, runnin the floor...)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Nup, you're wrong.

The team has looked much better since Pop set the rotation as it is, except Finley who has to sit. Now that Brent can return, hopefully Pop will get him starting as soon as he is up to game speed (maybe 2 games off bench taking most of Fin's minutes).

sa_kid20
03-23-2008, 02:54 PM
We just need to get Finley out of there. The guy is just basically taking up space on the court. I still think Manu should start but he's proven he can be effective either way so whatever. Can't wait for Brent to come back because Finley is just worthless right now.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
How many games does it take for you to realize that Bowen, Finley and Oberto can't score shit?

Insert Thomas, Udoka, Ginobili..... DAMN IT!

with Bowen/Finely/Oberto on the floor Pop is basically say to the other team "here is your chance to win the game"

SAGambler
03-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Yep, no matter how good he may have been in past seasons, I think Fin is done. With the starting 5 we have, when they close down on Tim, that leaves Parker as basically the only shooter on the floor.

But, I still like the rotation as is, just need to sit Fin and bring Barry in. He is a Spur as of today, isn't he?

SequSpur
03-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Finley?

finley is terrible.....

GrandeDavid
03-23-2008, 05:17 PM
You shuffle the lineup like that, there goes the bench scoring. Nice plan. :rolleyes

I think Oz has got it right when he says/hopes that Barry's return will cure at least to a small degree some of the scoring woes. Perhaps he can start.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 05:21 PM
There was a stretch in the third when the lineup was Vaughn, Udoka, Bowen, Oberto, and Duncan. Which, with the way Tim was shooting today, meant that the best offensive player was Jacque Vaughn.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I actually think that if Brent comes back and gets in game shape, Ginobili should be inserted into the starting lineup to replace Finley.

This Spurs team goes on way too many scoring droughts, especially to start the 3rd quarter of games. And I do think you should start your 3 best players in the playoffs. Regular season is one thing, playoffs another. Plus with a presumably healthy Brent Barry, Horry, Thomas, Vaughn, and Udoka I think that's plenty of punch from the bench...

Also Oberto clearly plays better with Ginobili.

T Park
03-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Leave the team alone.

ChuckD
03-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Nup, you're wrong.

The team has looked much better since Pop set the rotation as it is, except Finley who has to sit. Now that Brent can return, hopefully Pop will get him starting as soon as he is up to game speed (maybe 2 games off bench taking most of Fin's minutes).
+1

I'm beginning to think that even if Finley finds his stroke, he's so useless at every other phase of the game that he needs to be sat down. The ABC announcers even called him out on missed weak side defensive help rotations.

SequSpur
03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
You shuffle the lineup like that, there goes the bench scoring. Nice plan. :rolleyes

I think Oz has got it right when he says/hopes that Barry's return will cure at least to a small degree some of the scoring woes. Perhaps he can start.

Yeah, and let's keep on scoring 11, 12, 10, 8 frickin points in a quarter. It's time to come up with something different. It's not just the frickin hole, its the got damn players that can't put the ball in it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, and let's keep on scoring 11, 12, 10, 8 frickin points in a quarter. It's time to come up with something different. It's not just the frickin hole, its the got damn players that can't put the ball in it.

Have you not been watching closely lately?

The current rotation started 3 games ago and the team has looked far better since the rotation was settled. Why do I know this? Because I called for all of the rotation changes (Oberto to start, KT Tim's backup, JV to backup Tony, Manu back to bench...), and most of all a SETTLED rotation, over a week before they happened.

The players need a stable rotation, and now that they've got one they look much better, especially Oberto, KT and JV. The last thing they need now is another shuffle. And today's win gave them some confidence in their ability to win tough games.

Tim shot 7-21 and TP 4-21 today, that's the reason we had trouble scoring, not the rotation. And if you start KT (which DIDN'T work because it makes the front line too slow), Ime and Manu, where is the bench scoring coming from? Barry for Finley in the SL will make a big difference, and that's all that needs to change.

Sit back and watch, they will grow from here.

RussN
03-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Barry needs to be in the starting line up once he is back, and have Manu come off the bench. Put Fin so far down the bench that he couldn't even hear Pop if Pop was crazy enough to call his name.

Behrooz24
03-23-2008, 08:19 PM
We just need to get Finley out of there. The guy is just basically taking up space on the court. I still think Manu should start but he's proven he can be effective either way so whatever. Can't wait for Brent to come back because Finley is just worthless right now.

Steve Smith his :donkey