PDA

View Full Version : Dirk's knee/ankle

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Damn, that sucks. Hope it's nothing major.

:(

nkdlunch
03-23-2008, 01:48 PM
he broke his ankle. Get well dirk. I hate to see that, he is a great player.

From a Spur fan, get well Dirk.

vander
03-23-2008, 01:49 PM
you never like to see injuries like that. Hope it's nothing serious

and as much as I hate the Mavs, I have nothing against Dirk, why'd it have to happen to him?

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah, on second viewing it looks like the ankle got the worst of it. He seemed to be grabbing the knee, though.

Dex
03-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Hate to see anybody go down like that.

I really, really hate the Mavs. But I wish the best for Dirk.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
The fact he was putting any weight on it at all is a good sign. Get well soon.

arcticjoe
03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
avery probably should have called a timeout before the play to stop the run and avoid what happened but im no coach.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Dirk is a big puss he needs to get back out there :lol

Dre_7
03-23-2008, 01:54 PM
:( That sucks major. No matter how big of rivalry it is you never wanna see someone go down like that.

vander
03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
whereas if the injury would have happened to Stack or Terry, that would be just fine with me

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 01:57 PM
That's what Dirk gets for trying to play D.

In all seriousness though, looked like he blew out his ankle.

spursparker9
03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
let hope dirk will not missed too many games...if not the mavs are in real danger to miss the playoff

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Dirk is a big puss he needs to get back out there :lol

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/evilqueen666/MYSPACE/satanic-ticket2hell1.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Get well soon, Dirk.

Mavtek
03-23-2008, 02:05 PM
What's funny is that today he was one of our better defenders. That was a nice block too.

baseline bum
03-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Shit, that sucks. I missed it, and I hope it's not as bad as it's sounding on here.

Dex
03-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Stunningly thorough report by Tafoya there.

"We're being told it's a leg and ankle injury. We're still waiting for results from the x-ray"

I wish I could get paid to have eyes.

ponky
03-23-2008, 02:33 PM
*sigh* i'm glad i didn't watch the game, had a feeling spurs would win but this is even worse with an injury...oh well, happy easter, good game and win spurs

T Park
03-23-2008, 02:34 PM

"We're being told it's a leg and ankle injury. We're still waiting for results from the x-ray"

Thats what they told her, what should she say?

"They haven't told us anything, you know as much as us, back to you Mike"

Give me a break

BonnerDynasty
03-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Just bad karma for that team of thugs.

jmard5
03-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I wish Dirk well and a fast and full recovery. It is really bad for teams to have these type of injuries especially this late in the season.

nkdlunch
03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Dirk is a classy guy surrounded by a bunch of wanna thug ballas. Feel sorry for him.

vander
Damn, and Dallas has to play @ Den, @ GS, GS, and @LAL in the next couple of weeks, bad time for the injury, they could miss the playoffs.

SpursDynasty
Well, this is kind of payback for around this same time last year, the last regular season meeting between the two in Dallas, Duncan gets tossed and the Mavs rob us of a win without our leader.

Spurs win the season series 3-1 vs. Dallas and are 12-11 overall vs. the Dirk/Howard/Terry version of Dallas, like I said, a team we're usually expected to beat.

WalterBenitez
03-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I am sorry Dirk if you broke sth, I wish you were ok as soon as posible!!!

mrsmaalox
03-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I really hate to see a good player (and a good sport) go down likethat. I hope he's okay.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 02:52 PM
That's what Dirk gets for trying to play D.

In all seriousness though, looked like he blew out his ankle.

:rolleyes :rolleyes I know you live in the DFW area and have to deal with asshole fans but seriously do you have to be a classless prick? If that happened to Duncan and somebody said something like "that's what he gets for trying to play d" you would get upset wouldnt you? You enjoying this injury will have karma come around and attack you when you least expect it. Pathetic.

CubanMustGo
03-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Dirk has a history of rolling his ankle, having it look really bad, and coming back strong the next game. Hopefully that will be the case again here.

vander
03-23-2008, 02:58 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes I know you live in the DFW area and have to deal with asshole fans but seriously do you have to be a classless prick? If that happened to Duncan and somebody said something like "that's what he gets for trying to play d" you would get upset wouldnt you? You enjoying this injury will have karma come around and attack you when you least expect it. Pathetic.

hey the forum in general has showed itself to be very sympathetic, don't pick one guy to bitch and moan about. you think a mavs board would be so classy if TD got injured? :rolleyes

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 03:02 PM
hey the forum in general has showed itself to be very sympathetic, don't pick one guy to bitch and moan about. you think a mavs board would be so classy if TD got injured? :rolleyes

I wasnt calling out the forum and I would be one of the first ones hoping TD is okay. No the entire board wouldnt be classy but I wouldnt be part of that group. Dont get all PMS on me not liking Aggies comments. Then again he is a spurs fan so he gets a free pass in your book doesnt he? You dont need to defend him in front of me. :rolleyes :rolleyes

vander
03-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I wasnt calling out the forum and I would be one of the first ones hoping TD is okay. No the entire board wouldnt be classy but I wouldnt be part of that group. Dont get all PMS on me not liking Aggies comments. Then again he is a spurs fan so he gets a free pass in your book doesnt he? You dont need to defend him in front of me. :rolleyes :rolleyes

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was defending that guy, I was reprimanding you for creating a fuss over nothing, you going to hunt down everyone who makes light of dirk's injury? :dramaquee

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:10 PM

It was a fucking joke you twit. That's why I said 'in all seriousness though'.

Sorry, next time I'll use some cute little emoticons so you can get a clue.

If it had been Stackhouse or Terry I'd be laughing my ass off about it because they're both pricks, but Dirk seems to be the one decent guy on the Mavs so it sucks to see him go down like that.

mVp
03-23-2008, 03:10 PM
That was a pretty bad fall. Hope he gets well soon.

cheguevara
03-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Dirk is done for the season. Sorry mavfans.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
It was a fucking joke you twit. That's why I said 'in all seriousness though'.

Sorry, next time I'll use some cute little emoticons so you can get a clue.

If it had been Stackhouse or Terry I'd be laughing my ass off about it because they're both pricks, but Dirk seems to be the one decent guy on the Mavs so it sucks to see him go down like that.

Ok then lets switch the roles for a second.
If this injury happened to Duncan you would understand people making jokes about it? You wouldnt get upset? Even if they threw in the "I hope he is seriously ok" phrase the joke wouldnt upset you? It is just an honest question so give me an honest answer.

lurker
03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Dirk has a history of rolling his ankle, having it look really bad, and coming back strong the next game. Hopefully that will be the case again here.
True, but it wasn't just his ankle this time.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Dirk is done for the season. Sorry mavfans.

Link?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Ok then lets switch the roles for a second.
If this injury happened to Duncan you would understand people making jokes about it? You wouldnt get upset? Even if they threw in the "I hope he is seriously ok" phrase the joke wouldnt upset you? It is just an honest question so give me an honest answer.

Well I wouldn't be on a Mavs forum trolling like you are here on Spurstalk, kinda hard to switch roles...

Shelly
03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
That looked ugly. I hope he's okay. I've always liked Dirk.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Well I wouldn't be on a Mavs forum trolling like you are here on Spurstalk, kinda hard to switch roles...

Answer the question rather than avoiding it.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Bad spill for Dirk. Him and Jason Kidd are the only two people I like on the Mavs team. I sincerely hope he doesn't have to miss that many games. He was actually having a great defensive game, holding his own against Duncan and blocking shots.

koriwhat
03-23-2008, 03:22 PM
dirk deserved it... karma's a bitch!

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Answer the question rather than avoiding it.

You want an answer? I'd ignore it instead of being a whiny little bitch about it like you are.

lurker
The Mavs' postgame press release about Dirk's injury is pretty vague. The team continues to call it a "lower left leg" injury and isn't specifying whether Dirk hurt his ankle, knee or both after blocking Ime Udoka's shot.

"I fell awkwardly and my left leg got caught underneath me," Dirk said in the press release. "I am going to get re-evaluated in the morning, and I hope to have more information then."

Unofficial word is that the Mavs hope they'll be missing their MVP for only two weeks.
Them being so vague makes me nervous...

ChumpDumper
I agree with mavfan. AHF was completely out of line to suggest Dirk was trying to play defense.

SpursFanFirst
03-23-2008, 03:24 PM
he broke his ankle. Get well dirk. I hate to see that, he is a great player.

From a Spur fan, get well Dirk.

Is that official? I didn't think it was that serious. :(
That's not good.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Wow, you guys are really classy. Thanx alot to everyone here, I wish you guys luck in the playoffs because it seems our season is over. Thanx spurs fans, bring home another trophy to texas!!

word
03-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah, on second viewing it looks like the ankle got the worst of it. He seemed to be grabbing the knee, though.

I broke my ankle playing football when I was a kid. I grabbed my knee just like that. I think it's a normal reaction.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree with mavfan. AHF was completely out of line to suggest Dirk was trying to play defense.

:lol

tlongII
03-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Thats what they told her, what should she say?

"They haven't told us anything, you know as much as us, back to you Mike"

Give me a break

That's exactly what she should have said. Dork.

Bruno
03-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Let's hope it will end up like Duncan's injury in December : scary at first but nothing serious in fact.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
According to ESPNEWS, he's expected to miss a minimum of 2 weeks.

word
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Someone should inform Carmello of Dirks injury. They are down by 9 in the 2nd quarter against the Raptors.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
You want an answer? I'd ignore it instead of being a whiny little bitch about it like you are.

Thanks for indirectly proving me right. I asked you how you would feel if this had happened to Duncan and someone threw jokes on it and you cant even give me a simple answer. You know what the answer is but you refuse to answer it because you know deep down you would feel the same way I did about that comment you made earlier. It would show you being a hypocryte. :)

urunobili
03-23-2008, 03:30 PM
all the positive energy and thoughts for Dirk

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 03:31 PM

Nah he was out of line to use that phrase in a joking matter.

SAGambler
03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
I wish Dirk a quick recovery. Never like to see any player go down like that. It did look kind of horrible in slo mo.

monosylab1k
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3308109

at least two weeks.

our 1st round pick we traded is lottery protected. time to tank.

timvp
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Let's hope it will end up like Duncan's injury in December : scary at first but nothing serious in fact.It looked a lot like Duncan's fall. Hopefully he'll be fine. Never want to see star players go down.

If it's an ankle injury, Dirk should be fine. The man has rubber ankles. I've seen him completely twist his ankle and return the next game.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Nah he was out of line to use that phrase in a joking matter.What if he was serious?

spurastic
Dirk always acts like he is seriously injured and then he's playing again after a game or two. Maybe this is different.

Borosai
Like others have said, if it had been Terry or Stackhouse I wouldn't give a shit. But it's Dirk, and it looked bad.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for indirectly proving me right. I asked you how you would feel if this had happened to Duncan and someone threw jokes on it and you cant even give me a simple answer. You know what the answer is but you refuse to answer it because you know deep down you would feel the same way I did about that comment you made earlier. It would show you being a hypocryte. :)

I didn't indirectly prove you right, you suck at reading comprehension. I wouldn't have taken it seriously, i.e., blown it off as a joke.

Quit being such a little bitch. And go back to mavstalk so you can cry in your O'Douls with your fellow Mavs fans.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Well, a good thing for the Mavs, It'll give the rest of the team and players time to step up in Dirk's absence. They were way too over-reliant on Dirk as the first, second, and third option in tight close games. No one else (well maybe outside of Stackhouse) ever wants to take the big shot.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Terry will take the big shot.

J-Ho, however, disappeared once again in the 4th for them.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I didn't indirectly prove you right, you suck at reading comprehension. I wouldn't have taken it seriously, i.e., blown it off as a joke.

Quit being such a little bitch. And go back to mavstalk so you can cry in your O'Douls with your fellow Mavs fans.

No you wouldnt. Keep lying to yourself but you would be worried about how serious it was and people making jokes about it wouldnt have you blow it off. Also why are you getting so defensive about it? I mean if you were being honest you wouldnt be this defensive. Keep the insults coming. I like that I am getting under your skin. :)

ChuckD
03-23-2008, 03:41 PM
I hope Dirk is back soon and they fight their way into the playoffs.

I'd hate to see the Mavs with a lotto pick...

boutons_
03-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Now we'll see if the Mavs can step in Dirk's absence the way the Rockets stepped up in Yao's absence.

Mavs at serious risk of missing the playoffs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:42 PM
No you wouldnt. Keep lying to yourself but you would be worried about how serious it was and people making jokes about it wouldnt have you blow it off. Also why are you getting so defensive about it? I mean if you were being honest you wouldnt be this defensive. Keep the insults coming. I like that I am getting under your skin. :)

You're not getting under my skin, just validating my (low) opinion of Mavs fans. :tu Not that my observations on Mavs fans needed any more validating.

myhc
03-23-2008, 03:43 PM
wow. big blow to the mavs playoff hopes. i wish dirk the best and a speedy recovery.

AceProfits
03-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Whats wrong with all you? Being all sensitive about how you care about Dirk and you wish that never happened?

F* Dirk and F* the whole Mav's organization. This is the same team that knocked us out with all those crappy calls in that series!
This is the same pussy that went to the line 27 times!
This is the same pussy that would win game winning shots from the free throw line!

F* him! Rot in hell! This is a rivalry. Go out for 2 weeks and miss the playoffs. I dont care. Shit im actually happy!

1Parker1

J-Ho, however, disappeared once again in the 4th for them.

He always does. I remember hearing a stat last season that shocked me. Something about how Howard averages something like 18 ppg in the first 1/2 of games and about 3 ppg in the 4th quarter of games.

Dirk Nowitzki
You're not getting under my skin, just validating my (low) opinion of Mavs fans. :tu Not that my observations on Mavs fans needed any more validating.

Remember when you lie, you lie to yourself. Deep down inside you know that. :)

monosylab1k
And Stackhouse is more than willing to brick a wide open 3 in the fourth whenever he's called upon.

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree with the notion that it reminded me -- eerily of Timmy's injury, only Timmy wasn't landing on it with all of the pressure that's part of that process. Still, it absolutely sucks to see this happen to Dirk. I hope that, like Tim's injury, the early thoughts about it will give way to a more favorable prognosis and that Dirk will be back soon.

monosylab1k
03-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Go out for 2 weeks and miss the playoffs. I dont care. Shit im actually happy!
Surprisingly enough, I feel exactly the same.

This team wasn't gonna win shit this year anways. Now they've got a shot at a lottery pick.

cheguevara
03-23-2008, 03:46 PM
you know you're in a sad state when Josh Howard is you go-to guy now :lmao

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Surprisingly enough, I feel exactly the same.

This team wasn't gonna win shit this year anways. Now they've got a shot at a lottery pick.

That's a pathetic bail-out by Mavs fans.

If anyone should understand that the regular season and the playoffs are a whole different ball game its Mav Fans. Anything could happen in the playoffs, they could have gotten a favorable matchup, a lucky shot or bounce in a key game, anything could happen to push them over the edge. Plus you have Dirk and Kidd on your team....way too early to give up.

easjer
03-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Regardless of how I feel about the Mavs, I generally like Dirk Nowitski, and it seems he is generally a decent human being (he can get a little childishly emotional though). So I am very sorry to see him go down with an injury.

I hope it's not terribly serious - the fact he put any weight on it and the fact that he was limping around on his own lead me to believe he will be back relatively quickly. Perhaps not quickly enough, given that they play the teams that they are directly battling with for playoff spots, but he'll be back.

I think, in watching the replay of how his ankle was stationary as his leg twisted down around it, it's one of those things that hurts like a bitch when it happens, but after awhile is ok with no lasting damage. I grab at whatever I can when I hurt something and if I can't grab the ankle, the knee will do just fine. It looked pretty painful.

monosylab1k
Anything could happen in the playoffs, they could have gotten a favorable matchup
yeah the Western Conference is full of favorable matchups this year.

ludda
Mavs are imploding. As bad a rep as Dirk gets for not being a closer, everyone else on that team is far worse. Howard is not a second option. If Dirk is out 2 weeks, I can definitely see the Mavs not making the playoffs, they have a rough schedule coming up.

dg7md
03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Anybody still think the Kidd trade was a good idea?

himat
03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
That's a pathetic bail-out by Mavs fans.

If anyone should understand that the regular season and the playoffs are a whole different ball game its Mav Fans. Anything could happen in the playoffs, they could have gotten a favorable matchup, a lucky shot or bounce in a key game, anything could happen to push them over the edge. Plus you have Dirk and Kidd on your team....way too early to give up.

I agree. Even though they are a 7th seed this Dallas team along with Phoenix, LA, and SA are the top 4 teams. NO has been amazing, but I don't put them in the same category. Utah is very bad on the road. Houston has been sensational, but T Mac can only carry the whole team for so long.

ata
03-23-2008, 03:56 PM
As much as I am glad that Spurs won, I really hate to see Dirk going down. I hope he will get better soon.

monosylab1k
It absolutely was. This team wasn't any better with Devin Harris. I don't care that all Spur Fan sees is the 4 games a year Harris abuses Parker and thinks "well if he's good enough to beat Parker, then obviously he's the greatest PG in the history of mankind", the guy WAS NOT capable of being a PG for a championship team.

The problem with the Kidd trade was that they waited until the last minute to get it done. The team needed a heart transplant, but there's no point in putting a healthy heart into a body that was already dead. This team already had "quit" written all over them before they got Kidd. Dirk came to life after the trade, but nobody else did.

If they had done the trade a month earlier like was originally reported, the 3-way with Portland involved, the Mavericks would be in a lot better shape right now.

spurschick
This is the same team that knocked us out with all those crappy calls in that series! This is the same pussy that went to the line 27 times! This is the same pussy that would win game winning shots from the free throw line!!

Players don't have the whistles. Can't blame players for bad calls and how often they go to the free throw line.

1Parker1
yeah the Western Conference is full of favorable matchups this year.

Can you say Houston? Can you say the don't know how to play defense-Nuggets (if the Warriors fall out of the playoffs)?

ata
03-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Kidd managed 12 triple-doubles with Nets in 51 games, none with Mavs in 16 games.
Nobody could predict Dirk's injury, still Mavs are more effected now as they would be w/o trade.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:59 PM
The problem with the Kidd trade was that they waited until the last minute to get it done. The team needed a heart transplant, but there's no point in putting a healthy heart into a body that was already dead. This team already had "quit" written all over them before they got Kidd. Dirk came to life but nobody else did.

Avery benching Kidd in the 3rd when the Spurs were going on their run, taking him out of the last 35 seconds of the game the last time they played the Spurs, constantly calling out plays on the sidelines...all that has got to affect a veteran PG like Kidd. He knows what he's doing and he knows better whats going on in the actual game than the coach on the sidelines. Yet, Avery refuses to let go of the reigns. He has Kidd playing like a shell of his former self.

There's no way that Kidd should be averaging LESS assists on a team with scorers like Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Stackhouse than he did on a scrub team like the Nets.

monosylab1k
03-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Avery benching Kidd in the 3rd when the Spurs were going on their run, taking him out of the last 35 seconds of the game the last time they played the Spurs, constantly calling out plays on the sidelines...all that has got to affect a veteran PG like Kidd. He knows what he's doing and he knows better whats going on in the actual game than the coach on the sidelines. Yet, Avery refuses to let go of the reigns. He has Kidd playing like a shell of his former self.

There's no way that Kidd should be averaging LESS assists on a team with scorers like Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Stackhouse than he did on a scrub team like the Nets.
Avery choking the life out of this team is definitely a possibility as well. I really don't know what to think anymore.

T Park
03-23-2008, 04:05 PM

Yeah Mavs kept it close when Kidd was in, but when he was out and Lue and Terry were running the point, the Mavericks were getting run off the court.

Avery just needs to leave Kidd alone.

hater
03-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Mavs don't have a leader. from front office to the mascot, there is no leader.

Cuban is not a leader, Avery is not a leader, Dirk is not a leader. and Kidd, he has nothing in the tank.

They are like a ship with no captain

lurker
03-23-2008, 04:06 PM
It absolutely was. This team wasn't any better with Devin Harris.
The Mavs could at least get a win against a winning team with Devin. :lol

CubanMustGo
03-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Avery needs to realize that he is no longer a point guard. He's the coach but has to let the guys make the plays they're paid to make.

monosylab1k
03-23-2008, 04:12 PM
The Mavs could at least get a win against a winning team with Devin. :lol
The Mavs got Kidd in right as the toughest stretch of the WC was coming. They weren't going to win any of those games with Devin, and probably would have lost some of these games by a lot worse. And that's assuming he actually played in all those games because the guy gets hurt every other week. Seriously, all you Devin-dickriding fake Mav fans need to GTFO and go root for the Nets.

T Park
03-23-2008, 04:15 PM

Cuban is not a leader, Avery is not a leader, Dirk is not a leader. and Kidd, he has nothing in the tank.

Cuban busting into Avery's office and questioning his moves doesn't help either.

Although I do agree, Brandon Bass should see more minutes...

lurker
03-23-2008, 04:22 PM
The Mavs got Kidd in right as the toughest stretch of the WC was coming. They weren't going to win any of those games with Devin, and probably would have lost some of these games by a lot worse. And that's assuming he actually played in all those games because the guy gets hurt every other week. Seriously, all you Devin-dickriding fake Mav fans need to GTFO and go root for the Nets.
The Mavs had the best record in the WC against the other WC teams before the trade. Why are you acting like they weren't doing shit before? :lol

monosylab1k
03-23-2008, 04:23 PM
The Mavs had the best record in the WC against the other WC teams before the trade. Why are you acting like they weren't doing shit before? :lol
You're right, wins in November mean the most.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 04:37 PM

Mavs have plenty of leaders. Problem is Avery doesn't want to relinquish his control.

tmtcsc
03-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I agree. Even though they are a 7th seed this Dallas team along with Phoenix, LA, and SA are the top 4 teams. NO has been amazing, but I don't put them in the same category. Utah is very bad on the road. Houston has been sensational, but T Mac can only carry the whole team for so long.

I don't know...Nawlins has made a believer out of me. Stojakovich will probably do a disappearing act like usual but Paul and West are outstanding. Wells gives them a nice
contribution too.

tp2021
03-23-2008, 04:47 PM

i thought it was funnier when breen made a comment about dirk trying to walk by himself. he said he put pressure on it for ten seconds, and then said forget about it, and got on a cart. then they cut to dirk walking into the locker room.

K-State Spur
03-23-2008, 04:47 PM
It absolutely was. This team wasn't any better with Devin Harris. I don't care that all Spur Fan sees is the 4 games a year Harris abuses Parker and thinks "well if he's good enough to beat Parker, then obviously he's the greatest PG in the history of mankind", the guy WAS NOT capable of being a PG for a championship team.

He's come closer to winning a title than Kidd has.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 04:48 PM
i thought it was funnier when breen made a comment about dirk trying to walk by himself. he said he put pressure on it for ten seconds, and then said forget about it, and got on a cart. then they cut to dirk walking into the locker room.That could have been tape of his trying to walk.

DazedAndConfused
03-23-2008, 04:58 PM
IIRC the Spurs still shot 24% in the 1st half. Regardless of how bad the Mavs suck the Spurs aren't anywhere near a championship contending squad right now. BOS, DET, NOH and even PHX would stomp all over them in a 7 gamer.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 05:00 PM
IIRC the Spurs still shot 24% in the 1st half. Regardless of how bad the Mavs suck the Spurs aren't anywhere near a championship contending squad right now. BOS, DET, NOH and even PHX would stomp all over them in a 7 gamer.You clearly don't understand Spurs Basketball.

easjer
03-23-2008, 05:07 PM
IIRC the Spurs still shot 24% in the 1st half. Regardless of how bad the Mavs suck the Spurs aren't anywhere near a championship contending squad right now. BOS, DET, NOH and even PHX would stomp all over them in a 7 gamer.

Eh, every team is going to have off-shooting periods. The point is that they kept the defense intact, which kept them close and they played through it. One or two bad quarters of shooting are ok if your defense comes through. It's starting to come together, right on schedule.

BOS, DET worry me in a 7-game series. NOH and PHX don't (not that I particularly want to play NOH, since West abuses us, but I do think we figure it out over a 7 game series).

T Park
03-23-2008, 05:10 PM

For the forum retard.

Defense wins championships.

Quit while your ahead, you're gonna hurt yourself.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm still on a spursboard!

e20dylan
03-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Dirk is a classy guy surrounded by a bunch of wanna thug ballas. Feel sorry for him.

ya hes so classy he throws his mouth piece at his teamate jason terry in the playoffs after a broken play. dirk a piece of shit. mavs will miss the playoffs

DazedAndConfused
03-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes I realize defense wins championships, but like I've consistently said on this board the Spur's offense is not good enough to take down the top teams in the league.

And had Dirk not gone down who knows what the outcome of today's game would have been.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes I realize defense wins championships, but like I've consistently said on this board the Spur's offense is not good enough to take down the top teams in the league.But their defense can be.

And who gives a shit what you say or if you are consistent about it?

And had Dirk not gone down who knows what the outcome of today's game would have been.Save your excuses for your own team when they lose.

easjer
03-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes I realize defense wins championships, but like I've consistently said on this board the Spur's offense is not good enough to take down the top teams in the league.

And had Dirk not gone down who knows what the outcome of today's game would have been.

Weak. We could speculate all night about that, but the run happened with Dirk on the court and the defense was established and present the entire fucking game.

So - who knows? They took the lead when Dirk went down.

I never worry about the Spurs offense when their D is keeping pace. It will come and go - as you point out, they shot under 25% in the first half. They should have been down 20 or 30. But they weren't, and so if their D is coming into being now, I'm not worried about it. We have won championships with less offensive capability than we currently have.

DazedAndConfused
03-23-2008, 05:37 PM
But their defense can be.

And who gives a shit what you say or if you are consistent about it?

Save your excuses for your own team when they lose.

I disagree. BOS and DET are better defensive teams IMHO, so the Spurs will have to figure things out on the offensive end if they want to be raising the Larry O'Brien this year.

ChuckD
03-23-2008, 05:40 PM
The Mavs got Kidd in right as the toughest stretch of the WC was coming. They weren't going to win any of those games with Devin, and probably would have lost some of these games by a lot worse.
Oh, I don't know about that. I think you could chalk up one, if not two wins against SA with no Kidd trade.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 05:43 PM
I disagree. BOS and DET are better defensive teams IMHO, so the Spurs will have to figure things out on the offensive end if they want to be raising the Larry O'Brien this year.The Spurs can improve both offensively and defensively now that everyone is in relatively good health and the rotation is set. The timing is right.

Agloco
03-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Damn, that sucks. Hope it's nothing major.

:(

It's really shitty. You never want to see that happen to anybody. I hope all Spurs fans show some class about the situation.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 05:49 PM
They just said on ESPN interview with Marc Stein. All initial tests indicate a high ankle sprain, nothing to do with the knee. He said historically Dirk has recovered well from this injury and although they are saying two weeks, it could just be a week or less. :tu

Agloco
03-23-2008, 05:50 PM

Yeah yeah yeah......

They DID go on a 14-0 run with Dirk in the game.

Yeah, who knows. And who cares really. Any team that's capable of shooting less than 25% for a game and winning is a contender, period.

duncan228
03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
The timing is right.

I think so too.

It would have been easier for my nerves if it had started to come together a month ago but I think they'll be fine from here out.

I think they just caught it, another 2 weeks would have been pushing too late.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
With Dirk's ankles, he could be back by Thursday.

CubanMustGo
03-23-2008, 05:54 PM
With Dirk's ankles, he could be back by Thursday.

And this is no exaggeration. The dude has screwed up his ankles more and come right back than any basketball player I've ever seen.

Doctor J
03-23-2008, 06:19 PM
*sigh* i'm glad i didn't watch the game, had a feeling spurs would win but this is even worse with an injury...oh well, happy easter, good game and win spurs

Thanks, Ponky. I do appreciate that.

I hope Dirk's injury isn't as serious as it appears.

He is a geat player!

DieMrBond
03-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Out of all the Mavs players, strangely Dirk is the only one i like and appreciate. He is a great talent, and from all accounts a heck of a nice guy - personable, friendly and great with fans - with a good sense of humour. Hopefully its a quick recovery!

spursjustice
03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Get well Dirk.

Sec24Row7
03-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Hope he gets well soon...

Anyone who likes to see opposing players get hurt isn't really a basketball fan.

mojorizen7
03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Man. Tough , tough break for the MAVS.

DAINTX
03-23-2008, 08:17 PM

The problem with the Kidd trade was that they waited until the last minute to get it done. The team needed a heart transplant, but there's no point in putting a healthy heart into a body that was already dead. This team already had "quit" written all over them before they got Kidd. Dirk came to life after the trade, but nobody else did.

If they had done the trade a month earlier like was originally reported, the 3-way with Portland involved, the Mavericks would be in a lot better shape right now.

The problem with this trade is that Kidd is so much older than Harris and is in the twilight of his career. Harris is young and getting better. He could grow into one of the league's premier point guards, and he always gave your prime division rival (Spurs) trouble. So if the Mavs aren't going to win it all this year with Kidd...and they aren't, then it's a bad trade. Very bad.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Good to hear that Dirk wasn't hurt too badly. Even though he's a Mav, you hate to see that.

BTW - why the hell do those moron producers insist on showing the injury in slow-motion time and again??? Does anyone really want to see it again? I highly doubt anyone who's suffered a bad ankle/knee injury wants to see it. Gave me bad spine shivers it did. /rant

PS Dazedandconfused - this thread is about Dirk, not your demented need to spew bullshit. Try a RELEVANT thread next time.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Spurs Fans are some of the most classy fans I've ever seen, if we don't make the playoffs I will be rooting for you guys to bring it home.

Findog
03-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Just somebody beat Phoenix. Spurs finally get the repeat, Boston returns to greatness, Deeeeeetroit Basketball, Kobe elevates himself by winning at title, I don't care. Just no Phoenix championship. That's my only hope for the playoffs.

urunobili
03-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Spurs Fans are some of the most classy fans I've ever seen, if we don't make the playoffs I will be rooting for you guys to bring it home.
I actually like Dirk.. he is a true franchise player... plays at his best all the time.. gives it all ALL class... gr8 guy... as for some other people he is surrounded of.. i don;t think many of them would get a thread like this from us... again... more positive thoughts for a prompt comeback for Dirk

ClingingMars
03-23-2008, 10:20 PM
it looked horrible when it happened, hope there's no lasting effects. this season looks like a trash one for Dallas, but that type of injury can change a career.

-Mars

GSH
03-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes I realize defense wins championships, but like I've consistently said on this board the Spur's offense is not good enough ...

Pretty much textbook definition of a troll, isn't it? Like he's consistently said on this board? And why is he trolling this particular board if he really thinks all those other teams are better than the Spurs?

Yo, Dazed... shouldn't you be taking care of defaulting on your home loan or something?

clubalien
03-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Out of all the Mavs players, strangely Dirk is the only one i like and appreciate. He is a great talent, and from all accounts a heck of a nice guy - personable, friendly and great with fans - with a good sense of humour. Hopefully its a quick recovery!
dirk is a modernay german larry bird.. if you never got to see larry but or a fan you should be a fan of dirk.They showed a picture of larry during the game with dirk doing the same shot.

ancestron
03-23-2008, 10:44 PM
dirk is a modernay german larry bird.. if you never got to see larry but or a fan you should be a fan of dirk.They showed a picture of larry during the game with dirk doing the same shot.

Sorry. I respect Dirk, and its a shame he got hurt, but Dirk Nowitzki is no Larry Bird.

Findog
03-24-2008, 12:42 AM

AHF has sand in his vagina over the Aggies losing to UCLA. Also, he's a classless prick.

Findog
03-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Is that official? I didn't think it was that serious. :(
That's not good.

Everything is speculation until the MRI tomorrow.

Brutalis
03-24-2008, 06:19 AM
I saw it happen, well we all did but I watched him foul Udoka (no call) and him fall. I thought he broke his leg for sure at first. I was watching it so close I didn't even see Duncan's and1.

FilSpursFan
03-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Get well soon Dirk... playoffs would be less entertaining without you

monosylab1k
03-24-2008, 09:51 AM
He's come closer to winning a title than Kidd has.
Yeah as the 7th man on the team. Coming off the bench playing 20 minutes a night.

Jason Williams has a ring, so he's automatically a better PG than Kidd?

Spurminator
03-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Kidd and Harris have both been to a Game 6 of the NBA Finals. So Harris really hasn't come any closer.

WalterBenitez
03-24-2008, 10:02 AM
any news about blondy's ankle?

carina_gino20
03-24-2008, 10:05 AM
mlF5J0T09W4

That was an ugly fall. I feel bad for Dirk. You never want to see a player go down like that, whether he's a rival or not.

Indazone
03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Just fire Avery and make Kidd the player/coach of the team.

samikeyp
03-24-2008, 10:09 AM
The way he fell, I thought he was gone for the year. As someone who has had ankle and knee injuries...I feel for the dude. Hopefully he gets back quick and 100%.

WalterBenitez
03-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Just fire Avery and make Kidd the player/coach of the team.

If Kidd coach he will be a great one.

himat
03-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Hopefully all the pressure went on his ankle. Even a little knee damage can destroy a player. Ask Chris Webber.

nfg3
03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Hopefullly he can be back to the Mavs soon but that looked damn ugly. I hate to see players get injured and this is really bad timing for the Mavs. Get well soon, Dirk.

The Mavs are in a tight spot now. If they start losing ground and fall below the 8th seed do they "tank" and not bring back Dirk even if he gets clearance to play? For safety reasons? Then aren't they in the lottery now? Or do they bring him back and try to make the playoffs which might lead to another injury to Dirk?

Decisions, Decisions.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
The way he fell, I thought he was gone for the year. As someone who has had ankle and knee injuries...I feel for the dude. Hopefully he gets back quick and 100%.

I thought the same thing -- and I thought the same thing when I saw Duncan crumple against the Blazers back in the early stages of the season. Timmy got back quickly and hopefully Dirk will, too. I'm not a huge Nowitzki fan, but he's one hell of a player (truly a superstar) and I think that any good basketball fan realizes that it's no good to have great players watching games in street clothes.

Sec24Row7
03-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I thought the same thing -- and I thought the same thing when I saw Duncan crumple against the Blazers back in the early stages of the season. Timmy got back quickly and hopefully Dirk will, too. I'm not a huge Nowitzki fan, but he's one hell of a player (truly a superstar) and I think that any good basketball fan realizes that it's no good to have great players watching games in street clothes.

I kinda laughed during the game when I saw the comparison to Larry Bird on CBS...

Dirk is nowhere near the player that Bird was... their styles are different...

Bird was a hell of a lot better passer too...

Dirk is a Superstar... but to compare him to bird cheapens how good Larry was...

ludda
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Update:
Knee Sprain and ankle sprain

"An MRI comfirmed that Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki suffered a moderate high left ankle sprain and a mild left knee sprain during Sunday's loss to San Antonio.

No timetable has been set for Nowitzki's return."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/032508dnspomavslede.206ee243.html

I think he'll be gone more than 2 weeks, which means the Mavs playoff pictures just died.

sandman
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
ya hes so classy he throws his mouth piece at his teamate jason terry in the playoffs after a broken play. dirk a piece of shit. mavs will miss the playoffs

Maybe he was just trying to keep Terry from punching him in the sack...

Sec24Row7
03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Update:
Knee Sprain and ankle sprain

"An MRI comfirmed that Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki suffered a moderate high left ankle sprain and a mild left knee sprain during Sunday's loss to San Antonio.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/032508dnspomavslede.206ee243.html

I think he'll be gone more than 2 weeks, which means the Mavs playoff pictures just died.
:depressed That sucks. But at least there is no permanent damage like ligament tears etc. There is hope he will be back for the first round. As several people have said... he recovers from sprains very quickly.

1Parker1
03-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Ouch, he's out indefinitely.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7949300?MSNHPHMA

~Sweetmelody~
03-24-2008, 12:34 PM

How awful! When I saw the replay I felt so bad for dirk, you hate to see a player go down like that. I like the guy and hope he has a speedy recovery.

duncan228
03-24-2008, 12:46 PM
http://www.nba.com/nba_news/nowitzki_080324.html

Dirk Nowitzki Out Indefinitely With Ankle Sprain
By JAIME ARON

DALLAS(AP) Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks is out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain and a mildly sprained knee.

It's a blow to the Mavericks' title hopes - and perhaps their chances of making the playoffs. The team announced the diagnosis Monday, the day after the reigning MVP was injured during a game against San Antonio.

The Mavs have lost three straight, continuing a spiral since adding Jason Kidd. They are only 9-8 with the All-Star point guard and hold a half-game lead over Golden State for the No. 7 seed.

LEONARD
03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Lottery time!

Sucks for Dirk...he was playing some of the best ball of his career despite the rest of the team doing nothing...

bigfan
03-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I hate the Mavs as a team but Dirk is generally a classy player and I hope he gets better soon.

G-Nob
03-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Hold a good thought for the good german.
No one wants to see that happen. I don't care who you root for.

Bruno
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Ouch, he's out indefinitely.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7949300?MSNHPHMA

When you read the whole article it's not that "ouch".

Nowitzki said he's hoping to be out only one or two weeks. The regular season ends three weeks from Wednesday.

"I'm trying to see the positive and it could've been a lot worse," Nowitzki said, wearing a protective boot on his left ankle. "It could've been a season-ending injury or even career-ending."

He said the ankle and knee are both still stiff. He's trying to reduce swelling by putting them in ice every two hours, even when he sleeps. Doctors will check him out again Tuesday, then set a rehabilitation plan.

Bruno
03-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Dirk will be back on April 2 against Warriors.
Book it.

duncan228
03-24-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Notebook_032408.html

Reigning MVP is out for at least a week and possibly longer
MRI confirms knee and ankle sprain for Nowitzki
Art Garcia | Mavs.com

Dirk Nowitzki is out for at least the next week, and possibly longer, though no official timetable has been set for his return. MRI tests confirmed a moderate left high ankle and mild left knee sprain for the reigning MVP.

“Every one of those types of injuries heals differently,” Avery Johnson said Monday after practice. “We’re just hoping that we catch a break and his heals pretty soon, but right now Dirk’s not coming back and that’s the way we’ve got to look at it. In the meantime we’ve got to have some really good efforts from the whole team.”

Nowitzki was injured in Sunday’s loss to San Antonio at the 3:19 mark of the third quarter. He had just blocked the shot of Ime Udoka before his left leg buckled under the Spurs forward. The seven-time All Star is currently walking in a protective boot without crutches.

“It was really an awkward and unfortunate play,” Nowitzki said. “My leg kind of got caught in the wrong place, so it’s just a little disappointing now, but the good thing is it could have been a lot worse. I was really lucky. Something more could have happened to my knee or my leg could have been broken, so I think this is the best-case scenario.”

Nowitzki is on pain killers and anti-inflammatory medication. He was up every two hours Sunday night icing the knee. Nowitzki has traditionally been a quick healer, but, as he freely admits, high ankle and knee sprains are uncharted territory.

“I don’t really have any experience with this,” he said. “This is fairly new to me, and with the knee, I never really had a knee problem or a sprained knee before. I’m just going to take it day-by-day. The first 48 hours are important.”

As for the timetable, Nowitzki echoed the team’s assessment: “I really don’t know how long it’s going to take. A week, two weeks, I really have no idea.”

The Mavs return to action Tuesday against the Clippers at home and only 12 games remain in the regular season, which ends April 16. The Mavs currently sit seventh in the Western Conference and have road games coming up at playoff contenders Denver (Thursday) and Golden State (Sunday).

“Looking at the tight playoff picture, every game hurts to sit out,” Nowitzki said. “This is probably the most painful time to miss games, so that’s very discouraging. Like I said, I’m trying to see a positive and it could have been a lot worse. It could have been a season-ending injury or even career-ending.”

Johnson is hopeful the team can rally around its fallen leader and get back on track. The Mavs (44-26) have dropped three straight and are currently tied with the Warriors in the loss column. Nowitzki has missed only one game this year, a 113-98 loss to Houston earlier this month.

“I’m hoping that we’ll do much better than we did when he got suspended,” Johnson said. “I think we were in a little fog against the Rockets, but now that we know that he’s not coming back right now, hopefully guys won’t look to the locker room.

“There’s no Dirk coming out of a phone booth or anything, so hopefully that will help us mentally prepare for these games.”

There’s more to replacing Nowitzki than just making up 23.8 points and 8.8 rebounds. The team has to close ranks and everyone needs to pick up the slack collectively. As far as the lineup goes at power forward, look for an increased role from Brandon Bass, Malik Allen and Devean George.

There’s also more heaped on the plate of veteran leaders such as Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Jerry Stackhouse and Erick Dampier. The Mavs know their postseason lives are on the line.

“Everybody has just got to pick up their game and we’re going to have to do it as a team,” Kidd said. “That’s the beauty of this right now, is that we show we’re confident and do it without Dirk until he gets back.”

Nowitzki talked about getting on the underwater treadmill the next few days, though he’s not sure if that’s a realistic possibility. He has complete trust in the team’s medial staff, adding that the doctors and trainers have his best interests at heart.

He’s not sure if he’ll be allowed to travel on the upcoming road trip and joked about sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber if it’ll help.

“I will do whatever they tell me,” Nowitzki said. “I’d love to go and support the troops and be there, but if it’s best to stay here and get treatment and sleep in whatever chamber I need to sleep in, I guess I’ll do that.”

baseline bum
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I wonder if Cuban will try to pressure AJ to play him hurt like he tried to do to Don Nelson in the 03 WCF (and props to Nelson for putting Dirk's career first by telling Cuban to fuck off).

Gary
03-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I never have posted on other teams' boards, but feel I need to compliment many of you for your comments. Those of you wishing Dirk well give good sportsmanship it's good name, guys.

Pax,

Gary
Dallasbasketball.com

TampaDude
03-24-2008, 09:25 PM
That sucks...I actually like and respect Dirk...hope he comes back soon...the playoffs won't be the same without him...I want a chance to beat the Mavs at full strength in the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I never have posted on other teams' boards, but feel I need to compliment many of you for your comments. Those of you wishing Dirk well give good sportsmanship it's good name, guys.

Pax,

Gary
Dallasbasketball.com
:tu No problem.
We, as usually as most fans, do smacktalk a lot, but we do know our limits (or at least the intelligent members do) and know when to give our regards.

CubanMustGo
03-24-2008, 09:44 PM
:tu No problem.
We, as usually as most fans, do smacktalk a lot, but we do know our limits (or at least the intelligent members do) and know when to give our regards.

Not to mention we've had personal experience with what happens to a team when its superstar goes down (e.g. both Duncan and Robinson had season-ending injuries that crippled the team).

Best of luck to Dirk on a speedy recovery, it sounds like it's not as bad as first thought.

Strike
03-24-2008, 11:12 PM

Pax,

Gary
Dallasbasketball.com

Much as I despise Dirk and the Mavericks, It sucks to see a star player goes down this close to playoff time. Hopefully he'll be back to full strength soon.

smeagol
03-25-2008, 12:26 AM

Pax,

Gary
Dallasbasketball.com

There is a reason why this is the best basketball board in the internets.

I also hope for Dirk to be back by playoff time.

mavsfan1000
03-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for those who want to see Dirk healthy. Hopefully we can see a great matchup this year in the playoffs.