PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to jack Stackhouse

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Tired of his dirty bullshit. It's like he and Terry compare notes...

Hook Dem
03-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Agreed!

BonnerDynasty
03-23-2008, 02:29 PM
And Avery does nothing to stop it.

Fuck. I wish one Spurs player would just go in there and clock the shit out of him. Worth every day of that suspension.

SAtown
03-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm glad the little punk got ejected, just not soon enough.

RobinsontoDuncan
03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
that should have been a flagrant 2-- he punched ginobili in the face for christ sake

E20
03-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Fucking Stackhouse, resorting to prehistoric caveman tactics. What a neandrathal.

I'm posting this in every thread about Stackhouse, from now on.

Avitus1
03-23-2008, 02:42 PM
That idiot needs to get his ass kicked.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 02:43 PM
He took Manu down by the neck, then pushed down on Manu's neck. That's the sort of thing that if you push hard enough you could crush a person's windpipe and kill them.

Caveman needs to get his ass beat (and suspended for a couple of games).

nkdlunch
03-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Manu made him look like a complete fool, and that steal and then getting ejected at end of the game :lol I'm happy with that.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 02:44 PM
The stupidest thing about that whole thing; Avery Johnson actually convinced the ref to call that a double foul... :wtf And how the hell was Avery allowed to come all the way out to the floor on the Spurs side like that?? Did anyone else catch that?

Stackhouse and Terry are little bitches and I hate that they think they can act that way against the Spurs. Would Stackhouse try that shit on Kobe or Lebron or DWade?

jag
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
That's kinda dirty...i dont know how i feel about that.

...Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Would Stackhouse try that shit on Kobe or Lebron or DWade?

No, because the fact is the entire Mavs organization is built and predicated on hatred for the Spurs.

porscha
03-23-2008, 02:51 PM
pop please take it to stern!!!!
that was bull shit
dirty stackhouse

Fabbs
03-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Manu made him look like a complete fool, and that steal and then getting ejected at end of the game :lol I'm happy with that.
Geico Caveman photoshop request please. Anyone? Mouse? Slomo?

The stupidest thing about that whole thing; Avery Johnson actually convinced the ref to call that a double foul... And how the hell was Avery allowed to come all the way out to the floor on the Spurs side like that?? Did anyone else catch that? Sure did. Anyone got the rule on this? Aren't coaches supposed to stay in the bench area same as players?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Nah man, WE'RE the dirty team! :rolleyes

Stackhouse is a punk and if he's not suspended the NBA is a joke.

timvp
03-23-2008, 02:59 PM
If Bowen did that he'd be suspended for a month.

greens
03-23-2008, 03:06 PM

So will Stackhouse be suspended? And for how many games do you think if so?

Pop NEEDS to send in the tapes to the league...I know he doesn't do that usually...but this is a different case...

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Actually I think Stack should get two games for it now I think about it.

One for taking him down by his neck and then pushing down on Manu's neck.

One for trying to kick Manu while being pulled away.

The first one is a no brainer, and if the league watches the WHOLE thing, they should pick up on the second infraction pretty easily as well.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Exactly what I was about to post.

Everytime you see one of these really dirty fouls, you think that Bowen would get a lifetime ban if he did that kind of thing. Yet he doesn't because he isn't dirty. The really dirty ones don't have a bad reputation like the one Bruce does.

If Bowen did that, there would be a mob asking for his execution in the public square.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:11 PM

Actually that might have been a lifetime ban.

johngateswhiteley
03-23-2008, 03:13 PM

no.

timvp
03-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm guessing Stackhouse won't get suspended. Probably not even fined. He doesn't have the rep and the Spurs didn't make a big deal of it so it'll be swept under the rug.

SenorSpur
03-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Anybody know why Stack got ejected at the end?

himat
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
As a neutral viewer I saw Ginobili flopping all game. Someone needed to show him what a real foul is and Stackhouse did it. I like the Spurs more than the Mavs, but Ginobili is just as irritating as Stackhouse.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:21 PM

He mouthed off at the official after fouling Manu.

LilMissSPURfect
03-23-2008, 03:21 PM

He paid alot for his insurance? :drunk

greens
03-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm guessing Stackhouse won't get suspended. Probably not even fined. He doesn't have the rep and the Spurs didn't make a big deal of it so it'll be swept under the rug.

Still, I think it definitely deserves a suspension. Pop needs to send in the tapes, at least this once.

I think the Spurs didn't make a big deal out of this during the game because they were so focused on getting the win and didn't want to lose their own cool. They wanted to remain calm. However, after the game, it would be really ridiculous for Stackhouse not to get a suspension for this kind of stuff.

LilMissSPURfect
As a neutral viewer I saw Ginobili flopping all game. Someone needed to show him what a real foul is and Stackhouse did it. I like the Spurs more than the Mavs, but Ginobili is just as irritating as Stackhouse.

He's passionate...THE BALL BELONGS TO HIM! irritating cuz he can't b stopped no matter what u THROW at him@ :p:

Bruno
:lmao
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/03/stacks-sick-of-manus-antics.html

Stack's sick of Manu's antics

1:53 PM Sun, Mar 23, 2008
Tim MacMahon

Jerry Stackhouse used Manu Ginobili's neck to help him get off the ground, and it's hard to blame him.

Ginobili used the old elbow-in-the-throat trick to box out Stack, then flopped. Once again, it worked.

Double fouls were called, but Stack got T'd up. Then Avery got T'd up.

This situation has the potential to get ugly.

Borosai
03-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Thomas and Udoka would be more than happy to oblige, I'm sure. But it won't happen on this team - they keep their cool.

However, it goes without saying that the Mavs have to be the most weak-minded team in the NBA. I don't think anyone can deny it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:25 PM

Funny, I watched the whole game and only even saw him fall down twice (and one of those was the aforementioned Stackhouse neck grab).

So based off of him falling down once you concluded he was flopping all game?

Go back to your board.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Bullshit. Ginobili was not flopping this game at all. And I'd like for anyone who bitches about Ginobili "flopping" to get calls make an arguement for me on how exactly it's different than superstar players in this league and on every team who exaggerates contacts and initiates contact to get calls; Kobe, Rip Hamilton, Dirk, everyone does it. And it's just as annoying as Flopping.

And if fans want to see real flopping; See guys like Posey and Varejeo. Ginobili has cut back on his flopping a lot. He gets pushed around on the court just as much as anyone.

himat
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Funny, I watched the whole game and only even saw him fall down twice (and one of those was the aforementioned Stackhouse neck grab).

So based off of him falling down once you concluded he was flopping all game?

Go back to your board.

STFU. This is why I emphasized the neutral viewer aspect. Since you are a Spurs fan it is natural for you to overview some plays. If Ginobili is strong enough to finish amazing and 1s then he cannot be so weak that he flails on a screen/pick.

I don't view a flop as falling on the ground. Overemphasizing contact can get the job done too.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:31 PM
However, it goes without saying that the Mavs have to be the most weak-minded team in the NBA. I don't think anyone can deny it.

That's true. And the funny thing is, people have pointed and blamed Dirk for being the most weak-minded. When in fact it's guys like Stackhouse, Terry, Howard, and yes Avery who are the most weak-minded. Dirk is actually the toughest one on that team outside of Kidd now.

Instead of calling a timeout and getting his team back on track when the Spurs went on their 16-0 run, Avery spent his time bitching the refs and following his team's lead on getting frazzled. I've seen Pop literally get in Ginobili's face and bench him when Ginobili has had games where he spent too much time bitching to the refs instead of playing. Have you ever seen Avery do that? Instead, Avery gets in on the action and makes his players believe that it's justified. They should just be concentrating on the game.

Another case in point after the loss to the Lakers, when asked why they lost in the postgame; Avery f-ing points to the FT discrepency... :wtf

Avery is too volatile and gets too caught up with the ups and downs in a game and season. I can understand players getting caught up in it, but it's the coach's job to calm them down and get back on track. Avery doesn't know how to do that and that's why you see a Mavs team winning 67 games and then losing in the 1st round, or a Mavs team being up 18 points in a game, and then losing by 6, or being up 2-0 and almost 3-0 in a playoff game and then losing it.

himat
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Bullshit. Ginobili was not flopping this game at all. And I'd like for anyone who bitches about Ginobili "flopping" to get calls make an arguement for me on how exactly it's different than superstar players in this league and on every team who exaggerates contacts and initiates contact to get calls; Kobe, Rip Hamilton, Dirk, everyone does it. And it's just as annoying as Flopping.

And if fans want to see real flopping; See guys like Posey and Varejeo. Ginobili has cut back on his flopping a lot. He gets pushed around on the court just as much as anyone.

"Ginobili was not flopping at all" You are being ignorant, but maybe I am too. He is not flopping every play, but he did it quite a few times though.

"Superstars exaggerate contact" Okay, but I don't think its as annoying as flopping

Cherry
03-23-2008, 03:34 PM

:tu

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
STFU. This is why I emphasized the neutral viewer aspect. Since you are a Spurs fan it is natural for you to overview some plays. If Ginobili is strong enough to finish amazing and 1s then he cannot be so weak that he flails on a screen/pick.

I don't view a flop as falling on the ground. Overemphasizing contact can get the job done too.

Again, point me to an all Star shooting guard who doesn't do that. "As a neautral viewer" I've seen Rip Hamilton flail on a screen/pick numerous times, I've seen Kobe do it, I've seen DWade do it. Yet why is it that Ginobili is the one labeled as a "flopper?" Probably cuz he's the one winning the rings. :rolleyes

SpursDynasty
03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
The stupidest thing about that whole thing; Avery Johnson actually convinced the ref to call that a double foul... :wtf And how the hell was Avery allowed to come all the way out to the floor on the Spurs side like that?? Did anyone else catch that?

Stackhouse and Terry are little bitches and I hate that they think they can act that way against the Spurs. Would Stackhouse try that shit on Kobe or Lebron or DWade?

He took down Shaq in the 2006 Finals. Of course his team got punked in that series.

Stackhouse thinks he's better than the game itself. MJ? Remember that?

himat
03-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Again, point me to an all Star shooting guard who doesn't do that. "As a neautral viewer" I've seen Rip Hamilton flail on a screen/pick numerous times, I've seen Kobe do it, I've seen DWade do it. Yet why is it that Ginobili is the one labeled as a "flopper?" Probably cuz he's the one winning the rings. :rolleyes

I never really heard people say that Rip is a flopper, but that's okay.

Wade, LeBron, Kobe. I agree on that.

Another dumbass comment at the end that destroys your post too. Good job. Ginobili is labeled as a flopper because he does it more than others.

RonMexico
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Stack won't get suspended, I think.

Then again, you can't always predict what this front office will do.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM

You don't have to be a neutral observer to count how many times a player falls down. Just have a brain. Which you apparently lack.

As to your comment about screens/picks the only time any Spur player reacted to a pick today was when Howard shoved Bowen, and the refs called the offensive foul.

You obviously didn't watch today's game, so give it up.

dg7md
03-23-2008, 03:39 PM

Another dumbass comment at the end that destroys your post too. Good job. Ginobili is labeled as a flopper because he does it more than others.

Have you watched any Spurs games post-2005? Ginobili hardly, if ever flops any more, and that's a fact. People like Raja Bell and Kirilenko flop more. But keep in mind "flopping" is practically encouraged in the Euro leagues and international ones.

SequSpur
03-23-2008, 03:40 PM
lmao at dallas in the lottery...

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Dirk flopped more in this game prior to getting hurt than the entire Spurs team did all day, where is the lame bitching from the Detroit fan about that?

Go away, troll.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:42 PM

Do you know how to read? Where did I write that people call Rip a flopper? That was my whole point...I've seen him flail of screens and exagerate contact...same as Wade, Lebron, Kobe and every other all star SG in this league. Yet why is it that when they all do it, they're just "aggressive" and Ginobili is a "flopper?"

Another dumbass comment at the end that destroys your post too. Good job. Ginobili is labeled as a flopper because he does it more than others

Again, read what the hell I'm writing before you make a response that makes no sense. :wtf

himat
03-23-2008, 03:46 PM
You don't have to be a neutral observer to count how many times a player falls down. Just have a brain. Which you apparently lack.

As to your comment about screens/picks the only time any Spur player reacted to a pick today was when Howard shoved Bowen, and the refs called the offensive foul.

You obviously didn't watch today's game, so give it up.

It also takes a brain to read a post. People who have intellect can win an argument without insulting the other person.

Numerous amount of times I saw the refs call a foul when the Mavs would bring a big man to double. Manu would always get the foul call. It's a combination of Ginobili and the refs calling more fouls, but you cannot say that there were only two occasions where this sort of thing happened.

Let me guess, you are going to say some dumbass comment because I think your beloved Spur is not perfect, right?

himat
03-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Do you know how to read? Where did I write that people call Rip a flopper? That was my whole point...I've seen him flail of screens and exagerate contact...same as Wade, Lebron, Kobe and every other all star SG in this league. Yet why is it that when they all do it, they're just "aggressive" and Ginobili is a "flopper?"

Again, read what the hell I'm writing before you make a response that makes no sense. :wtf

You have a point on the first one. I used the flop instead of flail. Sorry, but I did not think that was a big deal.

As for the second comment I think it makes sense. I thought the comment that "Ginobili is only called a flopper because he wins rings" was very ignorant. Calling that stupid makes perfect sense. Tim Duncan wins rings and I have never said that he is a flopper. Veraejo has won 0 rings and he is a major flopper. Do I make sense now?

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Ohhhh, Himat is a Troll. I thought he was a serious poster.

ChuckD
03-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Actually, I like Stack on the floor for Dallas. He's the least clutch player on their team, and the easiest to irritate. Dallas was only down 5 (and climbing back into it) when he got that dumb second T and got tossed. If he had NOT gotten T'd up, and maybe Manu misses one, it's still a two possession game with like 13 seconds left left. Then again, if he didn't do something stupid, he wouldn't be Stack.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Numerous amount of times I saw the refs call a foul when the Mavs would bring a big man to double. Manu would always get the foul call.

Wait, so when the Mavs foul Manu, he was flopping? :lol Okay, now I know you're a troll. Thanks for playing.

spursfan09
03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Just because Ginobili "annoys" some of you fans, doesn't give ANYONE the right to push down on his neck like that. But its awesome to know, that Manu gets into players and fans head like that.

hater
03-23-2008, 03:52 PM
LMAO at the stupid idiot who brought up flopping in this thread.

what does it have to do with Manu's head being pushed into the parquet??

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
As for the second comment I think it makes sense. I thought the comment that "Ginobili is only called a flopper because he wins rings" was very ignorant. Calling that stupid makes perfect sense. Tim Duncan wins rings and I have never said that he is a flopper. Veraejo has won 0 rings and he is a major flopper. Do I make sense now?

Do you understand that I was being sarcastic with that last comment? :wtf

I'm pretty sure I watch a LOT more Spurs games than you do, just as you probably watch more Pistons games than me. And Ginobili does flop and initiate contact, no one is going to deny it. However, he certainly doesn't flop as much as he used to and as far as initiating contact and "flailing on screens,etc" as I said, point me to any other All Star SG who doesn't do that.

And as for today's game, I definitely did not see Ginobili flopping. Flopping to me is when a player falls to the ground and exagerates a contact. You obviously have a very different and unusual definition of it.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 03:54 PM

:lol Well that too. It was a Pistons fan who brought up the flopping. Go figure.

urunobili
03-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Still, I think it definitely deserves a suspension. Pop needs to send in the tapes, at least this once.

I think the Spurs didn't make a big deal out of this during the game because they were so focused on getting the win and didn't want to lose their own cool. They wanted to remain calm. However, after the game, it would be really ridiculous for Stackhouse not to get a suspension for this kind of stuff.
i think that this game being Televised for all the american families on National TV FORCES the NBA to do something about it... thuggery on American TV at that time grabbing a white kid by the neck for outplaying you? i don't think that's the message they want to send... i say that if the spurs send a complain.. MINIMUM 2 games.. they also need to send a message to all the referees... Manu has been hacked and because of his reputation he has been getting less calls...

just remember the non called Josh Howard foul on him on the 37 point win dunk on Diop... if the spurs send a video with the intentional foul from Howard to punch Manu's face that is one game as well.. like the one they gave to Horford for the foul on Ford, same intensity of foul and play...

can someone youtube the 2 incidents on this game please?

hater
03-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Manu's not white. He's latino

himat
03-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Do you understand that I was being sarcastic with that last comment? :wtf

I'm pretty sure I watch a LOT more Spurs games than you do, just as you probably watch more Pistons games than me. And Ginobili does flop and initiate contact, no one is going to deny it. However, he certainly doesn't flop as much as he used to and as far as initiating contact and "flailing on screens,etc" as I said, point me to any other All Star SG who doesn't do that.

And as for today's game, I definitely did not see Ginobili flopping. Flopping to me as when a player falls to the ground and exagerates a contact. You obviously have a very different and unusual definition of it.

:) I am going to go back to my original statement because I have gotten caught up in the argument too much. All this flopping and flailing is getting out of control.

I said that Ginobili could be just as annoying as Stack sometimes. I also said that I understand why Stackhouse went after Manu.

I got caught up in the argument, but that is what I originally said. Anything wrong with that?

himat
03-23-2008, 03:58 PM
:lol Well that too. It was a Pistons fan who brought up the flopping. Go figure.

:wtf

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Manu flops, but he didn't flop when Stack pulled him down.

hater
03-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I said that Ginobili could be just as annoying as Stack sometimes.

what a stupid statement. Manu does not push somebody's neck into the ground.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Manu flops, but he didn't flop when Stack pulled him down.

I agree with that. Thanks for not being a homer and saying that he never flopped.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:01 PM
what a stupid statement. Manu does not push somebody's neck into the ground.

It's a rational statement. Saying that one person is always more irritating than another is ignorant.

hater
03-23-2008, 04:02 PM
It's a rational statement. Saying that one person is always more irritating than another is ignorant.

You are one stupid mofo and everyone here has pointed that out. But by all means, keep posting and proving it.

1Parker1
03-23-2008, 04:02 PM
:) I am going to go back to my original statement because I have gotten caught up in the argument too much. All this flopping and flailing is getting out of control.

I said that Ginobili could be just as annoying as Stack sometimes. I also said that I understand why Stackhouse went after Manu.

I got caught up in the argument, but that is what I originally said. Anything wrong with that?

Well I got caught up in the fact that people still bitch about Ginobili "flopping and flailing" when people don't understand his game is so herky jerky and akward that sometimes it looks like he's "exaggerating."

And there's no way that Ginobili can be just as annoying as Stack. Again, that comment makes no sense. I have NEVER seen Ginobili push down on an opposing player's neck, get ejected from a game, lost his cool and taken it out on another player physically all of which Stack has done. That's what makes Stack annoying.

RobinsontoDuncan
03-23-2008, 04:04 PM
I agree with that. Thanks for not being a homer and saying that he never flopped.

you're retarded-- in your previous post you said you can understand why Stackhouse would be motivated to do something like that....wtf, are you serious? Rip Hamilton gets choke slammed to the ground and pummeled once he's down there are you gonna site his "flopping" as an excuse?

this is ridiculous, that kind of behavior is reckless, dangerous, and unacceptable in any situation.

urunobili
03-23-2008, 04:05 PM
rational my ass... gtf outta here already...

himat
03-23-2008, 04:06 PM
And there's no way that Ginobili can be just as annoying as Stack.

I said sometimes
:)

If I said as a player Ginobili is more annoying than Stackhouse then that would make no sense, but on some occasions he can be. I misread a lot of your posts too. You are good. :)

himat
03-23-2008, 04:07 PM
you're retarded-- in your previous post you said you can understand why Stackhouse would be motivated to do something like that....wtf, are you serious? Rip Hamilton gets choke slammed to the ground and pummeled once he's down there are you gonna site his "flopping" as an excuse?

this is ridiculous, that kind of behavior is reckless, dangerous, and unacceptable in any situation.

Have you ever been angry? If you have, then you would be able to understand how that happens.

I never said what he did is right, but I can understand why he did it. It's like the Horry foul on Nash...it's frustration. It happens to everyone.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 04:08 PM
It's a rational statement. Saying that one person is always more irritating than another is ignorant.Stack always irritates me more than Manu. That's just a matter of opinion.

RobinsontoDuncan
03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Have you ever been angry? If you have, then you would be able to understand how that happens.

Apparently the standards for decent behavior when your angry are different in Detroit because last time I checked, some guy flopping in a pick up game isn't a good excuse for choke slamming said person.

Hey, maybe that's why detroit's the shittiest city on earth, because when people get pissed off the just go right to killing each other-- no big deal, he was angry

T Park
03-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't see how you can justify what Stackhouse did.

Anyone that does is just wanting or asking for an arguement.

Wich is pointless and childish.

The Franchise
03-23-2008, 04:12 PM

Cause and effect. Just saying. :)

himat
03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Apparently the standards for decent behavior when your angry are different in Detroit because last time I checked, some guy flopping in a pick up game isn't a good excuse for choke slamming said person.

Hey, maybe that's why detroit's the shittiest city on earth, because when people get pissed off the just go right to killing each other-- no big deal, he was angry

Read the second part of the post that you quoted and you might understand dumass. The reason why people kill each other in detroit is because many people grow up in poor, tough conditions. Stop being a dick.

Robert Horry slamming Steve Nash in a game is not decent behavior either. Why do you understand why he did that and not Stackhouse?

Tek_XX
03-23-2008, 04:18 PM

I never said what he did is right, but I can understand why he did it. It's like the Horry foul on Nash...it's frustration. It happens to everyone.

So you understand being an immature thug, ok that's kewl. Also why do you think Horry fouled Nash out of frustration?

himat
03-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't see how you can justify what Stackhouse did.

I never said it was right. How many times do I really have to say that? It's like the Robert Horry foul on Nash. People get frustrated. Frustration can make anyone, not just Stackhouse, do something stupid. There is my justification.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I never said it was right. How many times do I really have to say that? It's like the Robert Horry foul on Nash. People get frustrated. Frustration can make anyone, not just Stackhouse, do something stupid. There is my justification.But you just said it wasn't right.

How can it be justified?

himat
So you understand being an immature thug, ok that's kewl. Also why do you think Horry fouled Nash out of frustration?

Why else would he have done it? To injure him? If he wanted to do that he would of hit him a lot harder.

maddnezz

I don't view a flop as falling on the ground. Overemphasizing contact can get the job done too.Dude.. Stack looked like was trianing for next years Stock show and Rodeo!:fro

Tek_XX
03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Read the second part of the post that you quoted and you might understand dumass. The reason why people kill each other in detroit is because many people grow up in poor, tough conditions. Stop being a dick.

Robert Horry slamming Steve Nash in a game is not decent behavior either. Why do you understand why he did that and not Stackhouse?

Dude why you trying to give excuses for dirty thugs, like the kind from detroit. What Stackhouse did was inexcusable.

himat
But you just said it wasn't justified.

:) Here we go with the words again. What he did was not justified, but I can understand why he did it.

batboy
I never said it was right. How many times do I really have to say that? It's like the Robert Horry foul on Nash. People get frustrated. Frustration can make anyone, not just Stackhouse, do something stupid. There is my justification.

For the thousandth time, the refs failed to call the intentional under the rim, Nash was at full speed and Horry had to foul. He also walked away cleanly.

But keep trying.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Dude why you trying to give excuses for dirty thugs, like the kind from detroit. What Stackhouse did was inexcusable.

Stop avoiding the question I gave you. Saying dumbass things like dirty thugs from Detroit is not answering anything. What Stackhouse did was inexcusable. I agree with that, but I know why he did that inexcusable act.

I will ask you the same question. What makes Stackhouse inexcusable and not Horry?

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Horry got suspended. I didn't care much for that foul.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:25 PM
For the thousandth time, the refs failed to call the intentional under the rim, Nash was at full speed and Horry had to foul. He also walked away cleanly.

For this one I can actually show you a video. Anyone knows that Horry did more than foul Nash, but I don't want to get in a different argument when all you guys are ganging up on me on one argument already.

The Franchise
03-23-2008, 04:26 PM

But keep trying.
Horry could have grabbed his arm. :)

T Park
03-23-2008, 04:26 PM
For this one I can actually show you a video. Anyone knows that Horry did more than foul Nash, but I don't want to get in a different argument when all you guys are ganging up on me on one argument already.

A Piston fan, after their history, complaining about hard fouls?

Am I the only one seeing the hypocrisy here?

Tek_XX
03-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Stop avoiding the question I gave you. Saying dumbass things like dirty thugs from Detroit is not answering anything. What Stackhouse did was inexcusable. I agree with that, but I know why he did that inexcusable act.

I will ask you the same question. What makes Stackhouse inexcusable and not Horry?

So you want to compare Stackhouses intentional takedown plus hand in face with Horrys attempted charge and Nashes flop with hands over head for dramatic effect?

himat
03-23-2008, 04:28 PM
A Piston fan, after their history, complaining about hard fouls?

Am I the only one seeing the hypocrisy here?

I never said I had anything against that foul. I liked the move by Horry, actually. Where did I complain? All I said was Horry fouled Nash hard.

batboy
03-23-2008, 04:29 PM

Throwing an intentional foul in a must-foul situation is not a frustration play, and it was only "dirty" because the first attempt met a choked whistle. Nash was hauling ass and Horry did his best to stop the clock. If Nash wants to try to run away with the clock he should be aware that the contact might get escalated with his momentum.

Tek_XX
03-23-2008, 04:29 PM

You're trying to make EXCUSES for STackhouses dirty thuggish detroit behavior and trying to compare that to something that wasn't even close in comparison which was Horrys silly attempt to draw a foul.

O-Factor
03-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I'd be suprised if Stack gets suspended. Fucking Stu Jackson.

J_Paco
You know what I love about this team more than anything else? The level of maturity shown by the players during a likely volatile situation.

Did you notice how none of the Spurs players on the floor swung on Stackhouse, and the bench was stopped from coming onto the floor by the coaching staff? The team is level-headed because of Pop and the people he has on his staff.

The Franchise
So you want to compare Stackhouses intentional takedown plus hand in face with Horrys attempted charge and Nashes flop with hands over head for dramatic effect?
Horry wasn't trying to take a charge.

nkdlunch
03-23-2008, 04:32 PM
yeah, huge props to the coaching staff. They got in front of the bench immediately and told guys to stay put.

That just shows Spurs are being managed by the best coaches/trainers in the league.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Throwing an intentional foul in a must-foul situation is not a frustration play

It's Game 5 of the playoffs and you are losing and you have to foul. Are you kidding me? If you wouldn't get frustrated then you are crazy.

urunobili
03-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Throwing an intentional foul in a must-foul situation is not a frustration play, and it was only "dirty" because the first attempt met a choked whistle. Nash was hauling ass and Horry did his best to stop the clock. If Nash wants to try to run away with the clock he should be aware that the contact might get escalated with his momentum.
liked your "it's also Nash's fault" explanation :tu

nkdlunch
It's Game 5 of the playoffs and you are losing and you have to foul. Are you kidding me? If you wouldn't get frustrated then you are crazy.

R u seriously that stupid not to know the difference between a hard foul and pushing somebody's head into the ground while they're down and after the whislte has been blown???

J_Paco
You're trying to make EXCUSES for STackhouses dirty thuggish detroit behavior and trying to compare that to something that wasn't even close in comparison which was Horrys silly attempt to draw a foul.

I understand that you disagree with his opinion, I do as well, but try attacking his assertions. Back off the city smack-talk, that's childish and unnecessary, especially when most people understand why Detroit is a troubled city.

Tek_XX
03-23-2008, 04:34 PM

Horry is a savvy veteran, just because you're immature doesn't mean he is.

maddnezz
03-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Horry used his hip and shoulder on Nash moving in a horizontal plane of motion, Stack pulled Manu down verticaly and leaned his body weight on Manus' neck and shoulders. Kinda nasty don't ya think? We Spurs fans get it though....Manu bust Detoit's ass when we play you guys also!:hungry:

batboy
03-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Did Horry look frustrated when he walked away? And that's the friggin point, he walked away cleanly. Contact after the play, which is my nice term for choking someone on the ground, is quite a bit dirtier than most anything that can happen when the ball is in play.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I understand that you disagree with his opinion, I do as well, but try attacking his assertions. Back off the city smack-talk, that's childish and unnecessary, especially when most people understand why Detroit is a troubled city.

Thank you. As for my opinion here is my orginal one (people going insane may have made me overemphasize it.)

I can understand why Stackhouse went after Ginobili. Is that so terrible?

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Thank you. As for my opinion here is my orginal one (people going insane may have made me overemphasize it.)

I can understand why Stackhouse went after Ginobili. Is that so terrible?Because he got blocked out?

That's terrible.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Did Horry look frustrated when he walked away? And that's the friggin point, he walked away cleanly. Contact after the play, which is my nice term for choking someone on the ground, is quite a bit dirtier than most anything that can happen when the ball is in play.

This is why I said I did not want to bring up the Horry/Nash argument. Stick with the original one idiot. You are the one who wanted to trade Ginobili so stop getting on his jock.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Because he got blocked out?

That's terrible.

Because he was angry...

Please don't say he was angry for being blocked out too because that was not the reason.

J_Paco
03-23-2008, 04:42 PM

I can understand why Stackhouse went after Ginobili. Is that so terrible?

I disagree, since him being frustrated shouldn't make him go after another player in that way. What if the back of Manu's head had hit the court hard? Well, Stackhouse would be looking at being blackballed from the league like Kermit Washington.

Why take such a dangerous/dirty "foul" when it could possibly end you and another player's career?

ChumpDumper
Because he was angry...

Please don't say he was angry for being blocked out too because that was not the reason.Why wouldn't it be? That's what happened right before.

T Park
Because he was angry...

Please don't say he was angry for being blocked out too because that was not the reason.

He was angry cause him and his team were getting their asses handed to em.

urunobili
03-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Jerry Stackhouse led Dallas with 19 points and was automatically ejected with 13.9 seconds after getting his second technical of the game; the other came for using Ginobili's face to help get up after the two collided going for a rebound late in the third quarter.

''It's not a big deal,'' Ginobili said. ''We were both competing.''

Said Stackhouse: ''Nothing new with him.''

himat
03-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Why take such a dangerous/dirty "foul" when it could possibly end you and another player's career?

Because when someone gets angry they don't think like that. Some people get more angry than others, like Stackhouse, though.
:)

O-Factor
03-23-2008, 04:44 PM

Bumping some guy with your hip (and his flopping to add drama), and trying to drive someones head in the ground and are two different situations entirely. Thats what makes Stacks inexcusable.

batboy
03-23-2008, 04:45 PM
This is why I said I did not want to bring up the Horry/Nash argument. Stick with the original one idiot. You are the one who wanted to trade Ginobili so stop getting on his jock.

That was a troll post, and sorry, but you did bring Horry into it.

himat
03-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Ginobili said. ''We were both competing.''

Exactly. Get off of Manu's dick. What Stackhouse did was stupid, but it happens every once in a while when people are competing.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2008, 04:46 PM
What Stackhouse did was stupid

GrandeDavid
03-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Craphouse and Mavs are not getting rings, they are frustrated, they are OWNED by the San Antonio Spurs, who are clearly under their organizational skin. Since Ginobili did not get injured by that dirty play, we can laugh at the Mavs org. Sad sacks.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2008, 04:50 PM
''It's not a big deal,'' Ginobili said. ''We were both competing.''

Said Stackhouse: ''Nothing new with him.''
Compare and contrast the answers of Manu with that of Stackhouse... Whiny little bitch :rolleyes

easjer
03-23-2008, 05:00 PM
It doesn't matter whether Stackhouse was justified or not (he wasn't) - a professional ball player should be able to keep his cool. Stackhouse can't and that is a big reason the Mavs are not able to compete at the level they should be able to compete at talent-wise.

As for the posts about the Spurs keeping it professional, and the coaches keeping the bench in check - I liked that none of the players made a move. They stood up, and the coaches lined up in front of them, arms spread (sort of like a fire drill, lol - like they practice it on off days). The players on the court didn't engage, and the only player to touch a Mav was KT, who blocked Stack's punch. Stack (or Marc Cuban) should send KT a fruit basket, because if Stack had been able to throw that punch, he'd be out a few games instead of possibly one, and the Mavs would be hurting even worse in the next crucial games.

WalterBenitez
03-23-2008, 05:37 PM

A season would be also considered :D

E20
03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
This whole ordeal once again proves that Manu Ginobili is a phvcking badass. Not only does he fuck up other teams with his play, he pisses players and fans off as well to say/do stupid things. Double super bonus points for him.

ChuckD
03-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Actually, it was game 4, and if you watch a slow motion, you can see Nash looking for a place to land, and then dramatically flipping his arms up. I also agree with the assessment that Horry was GOING to take a foul there and that Nash, by evading, forced tougher contact.

TampaDude
03-23-2008, 07:58 PM

Fuck Crackhouse...I hope he gets suspended...

DAINTX
03-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Enough with the cryin'. Yeah, Stackhouse plays beyond the limits, but so what? Next time we play the Mavs, if we play them again this year, give Horry the assignment to knock him 3-4 rows into the seats. Blood for blood, boys. Forget about getting help from the league. Settle your own scores. S.A. Spurs = The New "Bad Boys" (only badder). :drunk

Holt's Cat
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Remember when Stackhouse was 'The Next'. Yes, that "Next."

You just laughed.

Stackhouse took Manu down and the refs got it right. Granted, based on the punishment meted out to Bruce the other day Jerrold should be sitting out for a night.

jn77
03-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Geico Caveman photoshop request.....

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/SAREBEL/caveman_21copy.jpg

Ask and ye shall recieve! :toast

Brutalis
03-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Karma is getting it stolen by Manu to end the game.

Supreme_Being
03-24-2008, 01:22 AM

True, that.

gospursgojas
03-24-2008, 01:55 AM
I like what one poster talked about when he said the Mavs are a very weak-minded team.

You can see this in their bad times, like today.

But also in their good times, like when they celebrate like they've won the game when they go on a 10-4, 12-2 type of run in the 1st quarter. It takes just as much poise to know and act and play like the game isn't over, in those types of moments as it does when things are going wrong.

Avery doesn't help this, bc he also lets the moments of the game effect him. That's what helped him as a player, but not so much as a coach.

carina_gino20
03-24-2008, 11:17 AM
As for the posts about the Spurs keeping it professional, and the coaches keeping the bench in check - I liked that none of the players made a move. They stood up, and the coaches lined up in front of them, arms spread (sort of like a fire drill, lol - like they practice it on off days).

I :lol at this one, just imagining Pop trying to get the guys to do it.

Sec24Row7
03-24-2008, 12:15 PM

No... Ginobili is labeled a flopper because of the 05' playoff run in which he was honestly probably the Verejao equivilant.

Since that year he has been much more reserved and tactical with his accentuation of contact... but the reputation has been pervasive throughout the last three years.

daslicer
03-24-2008, 12:18 PM
I like what one poster talked about when he said the Mavs are a very weak-minded team.

You can see this in their bad times, like today.

But also in their good times, like when they celebrate like they've won the game when they go on a 10-4, 12-2 type of run in the 1st quarter. It takes just as much poise to know and act and play like the game isn't over, in those types of moments as it does when things are going wrong.

Avery doesn't help this, bc he also lets the moments of the game effect him. That's what helped him as a player, but not so much as a coach.

The problem with the Mavs is they are immature team. They act like a bunch of hschoolers in victory or defeat. That has a lot to do with their coach and their owner who both exhibit a hschool mentality with their aggresive personalities.