PDA

View Full Version : Sunfans take on Stackhouse/Ginobili scuffle

hater
03-23-2008, 05:04 PM
:lmao

their fans gotta be the worst in the league. I celebrate a suns loss almosts as much as a Spurs victory:

http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109048

N4th4n
03-23-2008, 05:10 PM

their fans gotta be the worst in the league. I celebrate a suns loss almosts as much as a Spurs victory:

The worst at what exactly, liking the spurs?

urunobili
03-23-2008, 05:12 PM

you troll fishing today? :clap :devil

E20
It is common knowledge that a majority of Suns fans are fucking retarded morons. Nothing new here.

SAtown

Did you click the link?

Texas_Ranger
03-23-2008, 05:13 PM
What a bunch of losers. :rollin

hater
03-23-2008, 05:14 PM

I don't like Suns but I don't wish Nash to get hurt.

And blaming Manu for boxing out in a rebound??? Sunfans are not only blind homers but they also stupid when it comes to basketball knowledge.

I have seen smart Mav/Pistons/Celtics/Laker fans. But I truly never seen a smart Sun fan.

T Park
03-23-2008, 05:15 PM
The sun bakes their brains to the point of making degenerative retards no question.

urunobili
03-23-2008, 05:17 PM
do y'all think i'll be in danger in PHX with a Ginobili jersey in the streets?

hater
you troll fishing today? :clap :devil

I just had a feeling Sun fans were gonna comment on that shit for some reason.

It's not rocket science to know that they gonna come up with stupid comments.

BruceBowenFan
i saw that early i read post saying that they felt sorry for stackhouse when he was getting boxed out

hater
03-23-2008, 05:18 PM

just put some fake blood on your teeth and smile a lot. They won't fuck with you.

easjer
03-23-2008, 05:19 PM

And blaming Manu for boxing out in a rebound??? Sunfans are not only blind homers but they also stupid when it comes to basketball knowledge.

I have seen smart Mav/Pistons/Celtics/Laker fans. But I truly never seen a smart Sun fan.

Now, now, there are a handful of them. I respect Xylus and a couple others who post here.

GrandeDavid
03-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Phoenix is OH SO OWNED by the San Antonio Spurs, you gotta realize that the credent trash is going to rear its ugly head at every opportunity since they have nothing better to do. Suns fan is just desperate and embittered, that's all.

BonnerDynasty
03-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I went over there just to see how those losers would spin it right after it happened. It's so funny. They are such losers they have no objectivity whatsoever. Their homer glasses are at least 404504064506506750650 feet thick.

I truly find humor in their hatred.

Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic.

I'd post over there but they are so weak they cannot take it.

nkdlunch
03-23-2008, 05:25 PM
:lmao @ spur fans not being surprised at all

Dex
03-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I was gonna go over there and talk smack, but that would be like picking on the retarded kid.

WalterBenitez
03-23-2008, 06:07 PM

They don't know what a boxing out this! :oops

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Desert climate has definitely fucked up the collective minds of the city.

Ya Vez
03-23-2008, 06:25 PM
I guess they don't recall Jason Terry trying to rack Fin in the nuts during the 2006 WCF's..

SpurYank
03-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Jerry Stackhouse was a loser with Detroit, the Wizards, and he's a bigger loser with the Mavs. My advice: Get rid of him. You will never win anything with him in your lineup.

The Mavs, and you Suns, have got to play on the court, and not on this thread.

The refs are long gone and won't give you any points for your crying and bitching here.

Extra Stout
03-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Suns fans are just bitching and moaning about things they always bitch and moan about. No surprise there.

RonMexico
03-23-2008, 07:10 PM
I hate our fans.

It was obviously Stack's fault and do they not remember when Stack broke Joe Johnson's face?

JackArse
03-23-2008, 07:12 PM
i missed this one it sounds like.. is there video on it? i saw the earlier one when ginobili was shooting the three.. and they tackled him, but missed this one apparently. (i'm not a fan of manu, but i am willing to concede if its a good play on his part. heh. also, he is a very solid player, and obviously if he were with the suns, he could do no wrong, just as anybody else on any team would .. sorry. SHOULD say the same)

hater
03-23-2008, 07:15 PM
ok, some suns fan have common sense it seems. but this might be 1% of them

CarefreeAZ
03-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Now, now, there are a handful of them. I respect Xylus and a couple others who post here.

I may be biased but Stackhouse is an ass. He's partly the reason that Joe Johnson fractured the oribital bone in his face when going for a break away dunk in the 2005 playoffs.

After seeing the Manu/Stackhouse incident. Manu was just boxing his man out and Stackhouse looking frustrated decides to take Manu down by the neck and continue getting him in the face when he gets up. Totally bullshit and uncalled for. But than again, when Stackhouse's man beats him on a breakaway layup, a hard foul is alaways to follow.

JackArse
03-23-2008, 07:23 PM
combination of things, originally while boxing out, stack looks like he's trying to use two hands to get manu out of the way, manu pushes back and stacks right hand slips off, manu loses his footing and starts falling back, and braces himself, i think stack probably takes exception to this (and he's already pissed off it seems) then does a slam. if stack gets suspended, it won't be for the initial contact, but the push off on the neck while getting up, and when he tries to throw punches at manu after manu is just trying ot get stack off of him. considering the original tackle earlier in the game, i say stack should be suspended at least one game. i know it was allen who did the original one, but there has to be something sent to say this won't be allowed.

TampaDude
03-23-2008, 07:31 PM
From that thread...

Kidd and Avery have a lot in common. Neither can make an open shot.

The Knicks would tend to disagree with you... :lol

cash459
03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
From that thread...

:toast

avery's MADE shot = CHAMPS! :king

JackArse
03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
between the two, i'd rather take my chances with AJ on a clutch shot. that was a big knock on kidd when he was here, he wasn't a good outside shooter, and definitely not in the clutch. plus AJ could just talk and that would make the defender confused and laugh.

TampaDude
03-23-2008, 07:37 PM

Yup...and that's why I'll always have love for AJ, even if he's coaching the Mavs... :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Talk about delusiuonal, the guys in that link DEFINE it.

Yeah, it was all Manu's fault. He pushed Stack down backwards, then his neck sought out Stack's fist! :rolleyes

Morons.

Xylus
03-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Most Suns fans have an unalterable hatred for Manu Ginobili after he injured Barbosa on a flop. I'm no Ginobili fan, but for those guys, Manu can do nothing right. And any slightly questionable call goes in the favor of whoever Manu is tangled up with.

What I find bizarre is that they're defending Jerry Stackhouse... a guy who's no friend of the Phoenix Suns.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-23-2008, 08:24 PM
A reasoned take from a decent Suns fan. :toast

When did Manu injure Barbosa?

DAINTX
03-23-2008, 08:30 PM

How could you possibly be in danger? You'll be surrounded by metro-males and other assorted pussies. So you can either kick the shit out of 'em or fuck 'em. :lol

Xylus
03-23-2008, 08:33 PM

At the beginning of last season, I think. I can't find it on YouTube, unfortunately.

The flop injury was annoying, but it's not like Manu intended to injure Barbosa. Stackhouse's foul on Joe Johnson that took him out of the 2005 playoffs was far more vicious.

Don Quixote
03-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I was gonna go over there and talk smack, but that would be like picking on the retarded kid.

Quote of the day!

My feelings exactly.

nfg3
03-23-2008, 08:41 PM
The comments by the Sons fans are quite comical. Their hatred of Manu and the Spurs has blinded them to reality. Quite sad. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

picnroll
03-23-2008, 08:43 PM

It was completely unintentional on Barbosa. Manu was pushed into by Bell. He fell backwards, probably exaggerating a bit like half the NB players, to draw a foul and fell into Barbosa's leg, who was behind him and he didn't even see.

The Suns whining about flopping is hysterical seeing as they have Nash and Bell who are always listed in the top five in flopping on 82games.com while Manu has fallen out of the top 30.

ClingingMars
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
i don't think i've seen manu flop since the finals. he's definately cutting down on it.

also, from the Suns board, from spursreport :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzP30Q8PPvw

-Mars

Xylus
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
The Suns whining about flopping is hysterical seeing as they have Nash and Bell who are always listed in the top five in flopping on 82games.com while Manu has fallen out of the top 30.
How do you quantify flopping, much less turn it into a stat? You have to provide a link with that one.

td4mvp21
03-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't even bother reading Suns forums anymore, I get aggravated every time I do. They absolutely hate the Spurs, we are never right, we are always wrong, we cheat, we are dirty, etc, etc, etc. It's annoying.

Holt's Cat
03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Suns fans hate Ginobili for the same reason Nuggets fans do: he's kicked their favorite teams' ass in the postseason.

Xylus
03-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Suns fans hate Ginobili for the same reason Nuggets fans do: he's kicked their favorite teams' ass in the postseason.
Duncan's more responsible for kicking our team's ass in the playoffs, not Ginobili, and I don't see many Suns fans hating on Timmy. Nice try, though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-23-2008, 08:54 PM
It was completely unintentional on Barbosa. Manu was pushed into by Bell. He fell backwards, probably exaggerating a bit like half the NB players, to draw a foul and fell into Barbosa's leg, who was behind him and he didn't even see.

Yeah, I remember that now. Bell pushed him and he fell on barbosa, pushing his knee sideways and straining it. You can't blame Manu for that!

Cherry
03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Duncan's more responsible for kicking our team's ass in the playoffs, not Ginobili, and I don't see many Suns fans hating on Timmy. Nice try, though.

Ohhh think again :devil

pjjrfan
03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm sure they'd be singing a different tune if manu was on their team and had helped them to at least one title. but he's not, he's a spur and he's helped us to 3 and in todays Dallas game Manu's play where he ripped a rebound out of Nowitski's hands in the 3rd was the turning point of the game. He got a putback that cut the lead to 10 instead of a Mavs possesion and a chance to go up by 14. It was all downhill for the Mavs from that point on.

picnroll
03-23-2008, 09:02 PM
How do you quantify flopping, much less turn it into a stat? You have to provide a link with that one.
Flop kings (http://www.82games.com/charges0607.htm)

Xylus
03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Flop kings (http://www.82games.com/charges0607.htm)
:rolleyes

Spider TX
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Come on guys, give Stackhouse a break. He's just a bitter player because he thought he was a superstar coming out of college and the best he can really do now is come off the bench.

That's what results when one guy thinks he matches up with someone far superior to him.

picnroll
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes
Just a coincidence that Varejao, Harris and Bell are top four, eh?

BlackSwordsMan
03-23-2008, 09:20 PM
wow sunfans said that he flopped into stackhouse to hurt him.
bunch of cock suckers

Spider TX
03-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Guys, there is a reason that the ONLY NBA board I ever post on is this one, and it's because even though most of you all hate my team, you all have knowledge. The toold that post over on the Suns board is all of about 40 people who really have the attitude of my old roommate when I lived in AZ, and that is the attitude that the Suns never commit a foul, and every other team gets the calls, all stemming from the fact that they cannot handle not having a title so far.

There are MANY fans who do not waste their time on that board who take the fact that there isn't a title yet for what it is, and do not gripe about EVERYTHING, so please do not group all together along with the tools on that board. They almost make me want to act like a fan of another team after reading their junk.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
From that thread...

Well 1965 to 1998 and 2000 to present certainly do not disagree.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-23-2008, 10:15 PM

We had the lead when he took the shot.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Guys, there is a reason that the ONLY NBA board I ever post on is this one, and it's because even though most of you all hate my team, you all have knowledge. The toold that post over on the Suns board is all of about 40 people who really have the attitude of my old roommate when I lived in AZ, and that is the attitude that the Suns never commit a foul, and every other team gets the calls, all stemming from the fact that they cannot handle not having a title so far.

There are MANY fans who do not waste their time on that board who take the fact that there isn't a title yet for what it is, and do not gripe about EVERYTHING, so please do not group all together along with the tools on that board. They almost make me want to act like a fan of another team after reading their junk.

Any fan with a reasoned take will find a friendly home here, and yeah, the internet is full of the unenlightened.

Most people here don't judge you by your team, it's all about what you have to say. It's great to have non-Spurs fans who stay around here because they recognise the great NBA conversation regardless of team loyalties.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-24-2008, 04:13 AM
The Arizonasportsfans board is shit. Full of idiots with no basketball insight. I know in the past we've categorized ALL Suns fans as jackasses do primarily to last year's playoffs. Still, I think, like any generalization, this one is not entirely accurate. I would like to apologize to the Suns fan population of this board for this (most of it at least). I think its mainly that board's problem, not Suns fans in general.

Having said that, I actually believe a lot of people here are overreacting to the whole Stackhouse incident. I mean, yeah, it was a dirty thing to do, but it sure as hell doesn't deserve a suspension. A lot of people here are calling for it because of Bowen's suspension, and I think that is bullshit. This should NOT be an eye for an eye situation. This foul, although pretty hard and out of line, is not suspension worthy, just as much as Bowen's wasn't either.

I always read people complaining about the "pussyfication" (I didn't make up the word, just borrowed it) of this league and wonder where all this indignation is when its one of their players on the receiving end of the hard foul... Point is, I agree it was a hard foul; I agree what Stackhouse did was uncalled for; but I also think this is something that can be effectively dealt with, with a fine.

* ...runs for cover *

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-24-2008, 04:25 AM
Nice post, Manumaniac.

On the basis of Bowen's suspension for nothing (I have looked at that clip 1000 times and he did nothing at all - he was trying to get off CP3), I think Stackhouse should go for 1-2 games for the bullshit he pulled today (and which was called a "double foul" - :lmao ).

However, I also think the pussyfication of the league has been taken to a ridiculous level.

My solution - next time Stack, try that shit with Ime. You will regret it though...

TMTTRIO
03-24-2008, 08:21 AM
oh and here's the whole thing of what Stackhouse had to say:rolleyes :

http://mavscourtsideview.blogspot.com/2008/03/tempers-flare-after-stack-manu-collide.html

The sequence was vintage Ginobili in Stackhouse’s view.

“He flails and falls and does a whole of B.S. throughout the course of the game, and it’s always the second guy who gets called,” said Stackhouse, who was ejected late in the fourth. “I think that was what they saw. It’s nothing new with him.”

stretch
03-24-2008, 08:24 AM
I hate our fans.

It was obviously Stack's fault and do they not remember when Stack broke Joe Johnson's face?
Joe Johnson broke his own face by hanging on the rim. If he has just let go right away, he wouldn't have fell like that. It wasn't Stackhouse's fault at all. It was just an unfortunate sequence of events. They were both trying to make plays, and they had an akward collision with each other.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 08:44 AM
“He flails and falls and does a whole of B.S. throughout the course of the game, and it’s always the second guy who gets called,” said Stackhouse, who was ejected late in the fourth. “I think that was what they saw. It’s nothing new with him.”

That could describe Dirk Nowitzki, too.

WalterBenitez
03-24-2008, 08:48 AM
I hate our fans.

JJ's face made a foul that wasn't called by refs? :oops

DarrinS
03-24-2008, 10:03 AM
LOL at people thinking Ginobili is going to hurt someone. Does anyone realize how absolutely SKINNY Manu is? He's 6'6" and BARELY over 200 lbs. I'm almost that heavy and I'm 5'9".

WalterBenitez
03-24-2008, 10:14 AM
LOL at people thinking Ginobili is going to hurt someone. Does anyone realize how absolutely SKINNY Manu is? He's 6'6" and BARELY over 200 lbs. I'm almost that heavy and I'm 5'9".

Go on diet man! :toast

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Joe Johnson broke his own face by hanging on the rim. If he has just let go right away, he wouldn't have fell like that. It wasn't Stackhouse's fault at all. It was just an unfortunate sequence of events. They were both trying to make plays, and they had an akward collision with each other.

And Stack followed it up beautifully the next year by just "bumping into" Shaq in the Finals.

carina_gino20
03-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Looks like someone left the computers open for a bunch of 8-yr olds. Heck, I probably just insulted 8-yr olds. :lol Someone should send this to Manu. It will help him sleep at night. :p:

Someone mentioned there that he knew one day, Manu would run into the wrong guy and would be taken out. I wouldn't be too sure of that. Manu's one of the better boxers in this team. As Sean said after Manu was given a tech the previous game for 'throwing a punch', if Manu really wanted to fight, that punch is going to connect. :ihit

TMTTRIO
03-24-2008, 10:40 AM
LOL at people thinking Ginobili is going to hurt someone. Does anyone realize how absolutely SKINNY Manu is? He's 6'6" and BARELY over 200 lbs.
That's what I was thinking. Compared to a lot of the other players in the league Manu is nothing.

TexSports
03-24-2008, 02:35 PM
The best flop of all was Steve Nash in last years playoff game! That was the funniest flop ever watch how he falls down and then throws himslef backwards as though he was hit hard! What is sooo funny is the flop worked for the spurs as the suns players lost their cool (as they usually do in big games) and ended up being suspended! The greatest flop ever!

howbouthemspurs
03-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow i didnt know what retarded really meant until i saw what those Suns fans wrote! It was truly amazing!

UV Ray
03-24-2008, 03:32 PM

And blaming Manu for boxing out in a rebound??? Sun fans are not only blind homers but they also stupid when it comes to basketball knowledge.

I like Manu. I wish we had him. Personally, I don't know any Suns fan, and I know hundreds, that wouldn't take MG in a heartbeat. I believe you're unfairly stereotyping Suns fans based on a sample of posts from an extremely biased and draconian forum.

stretch
03-25-2008, 08:25 AM
And Stack followed it up beautifully the next year by just "bumping into" Shaq in the Finals.
Thus proving the pussy that Shaq truly is. Stack bumped him, and Shaq looked all dazed and lost.

Shaq seems like a good guy off the court, but in basketball, he is the biggest bitch the game has ever seen. And not in terms of getting owned by other players the way Shawn Bradley did, but in terms that he is such a lazy, complacent sack of shit. If he played balls out for his whole career, he would definitley have more than 4 rings. But his lazy, bitch attitude has constantly led to bad endings wherever he was, and his teammates calling him out for being fat and lazy each time. Considering this has now happened 3 times, I'm 100% certain that Shaq, his laziness, and his ego was the problem with those teams, not Kobe, Penny, or Wade.

He might be playing hard right now, but next year, you are going to be ready to ship his ass out of Phoenix, because of his lazy ass.

smeagol
03-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I like Manu. I wish we had him. Personally, I don't know any Suns fan, and I know hundreds, that wouldn't take MG in a heartbeat. I believe you're unfairly stereotyping Suns fans based on a sample of posts from an extremely biased and draconian forum.

You never made this much sense before. Props! :clap

Don Quixote
03-25-2008, 11:46 AM
You done ... you done ... ?

Listen Sons Fan, I'm not gonna mess with you, all right?

I don't give a good crap what you think, or don't think, but we're gonna send you home in the playoffs again anyway, regardless.

Not to get information. It's amusing, to us, to beat and bloody the Sons, and then hip-check their sorry butts out of the playoffs. You can say anything you want -- Bruce Bowen is dirty, there's a conspiracy, the Spurs cheated -- cause we've heard it all before.

All you can do is pray for a quick and painless exit from the playoffs ... which you ain't gonna get.

Ishta
03-25-2008, 12:38 PM
They have nothing better to do on their boards than whine and complain about the Spurs.. That is truly pathetic and sad.

Don Quixote
03-25-2008, 09:46 PM
When you're dealing with a team like the Sons, remember that they're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a player, or a coach, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take your elbow and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says jacksquat after that.

You might get Amare talking trash to you, but give him a look like you're gonna smash him in the face next, watch him shut the frick up. Now if it's the point guard, that's a different story. Nash knows better than to fart around, so if you get one that's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that jackhole in two. If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, hipcheck his butt into the scorer's table. The one on the sidelines. Then tell him Bell is next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear.

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

Sec24Row7
03-25-2008, 10:24 PM
what is a jackhole?

Is it an Asshole? or a Jackass?

The asshole of a Jackass?

LavaLamp
03-26-2008, 01:10 AM
However, I also think the pussyfication of the league has been taken to a ridiculous level.

As an individual who is fond of pussy, I think the pussification of anything is not an entirely bad thing. :lol

LavaLamp
03-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Thus proving the pussy that Shaq truly is. Stack bumped him, and Shaq looked all dazed and lost.

When I saw that hard foul by Stack during the Mavs vs. Heat finals, I thought Shaq was going to get up and deck Stack. But it looks to me like he kept his anger in check. He earned some respect from me by doing that instead of what comes instinctively.

BonnerDynasty
03-26-2008, 01:21 AM
I remember a long time ago Shaq swung a haymaker at some white dude under the basket but missed.

Rick Von Braun
03-26-2008, 04:04 AM
I remember a long time ago Shaq swung a haymaker at some white dude under the basket but missed.

Perhaps you are referring to this?

aZr5q_NbL6k

J.T.
03-26-2008, 04:09 AM
What I love about SpursTalk is I don't have to put disclaimers when I troll for fear of getting banned like they do on that board. That was good for a laugh.