PDA

View Full Version : Interesting general election...

some_user86
03-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I think it's going to be an interesting general election. With Michigan and Florida canceling any hope of a re-do primary, Hilary's chances are all but done. I think I read a CNN report that said she needs to win 67% of the total delegates from the 10 remaining primaries to catch up, is that right? Well, that's not going to happen. So, we're left with John McCain and Barack Obama. Two guys who appeal to the same slice of moderate and independent voters, who have had problems sewing up the nomination within their own parties, and who have a tendency to put their foot in their own mouth (which, unless is performed by Jenna Haze, is very unsexy). Given this, I'm thinking the election will come down to who puts their foot in their mouth the least.

That's stating the obvious, but I think the partisan bullshit that has creeped in from both sides is obfuscating the fact that it'll generally be a tight election and not the blow-out everyone on both sides is predicting (in their respective favors). It'll come down who says the least dumbest things, who can best capture the independents, and who can motivate their base to vote more.

The real election season hasn't even started yet, and the whining on both sides is already tiring... At least it keeps the late night joke factory running.

Nbadan
03-24-2008, 02:23 AM
That's stating the obvious, but I think the partisan bullshit that has creeped in from both sides is obfuscating the fact that it'll generally be a tight election and not the blow-out everyone on both sides is predicting (in their respective favors). It'll come down who says the least dumbest things, who can best capture the independents, and who can motivate their base to vote more.

The real election season hasn't even started yet, and the whining on both sides is already tiring... At least it keeps the late night joke factory running.

In state after state, the Demo primary and caucuses have vastly outnumber the Republican primary and caucuses, and that was even before McCain locked up the Republican nomination...right now, McCain has a free ride in the press, but that won't be the case once Obama officially locks up the nomination...