PDA

View Full Version : Spurs won the game, but not convincing in offense...

Manu_Ginobili
03-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Spurs won the game after trailing by 14 pts, but BIG PART of the victory was the injury of Dirk, SO WE PUT (*) right next to this victory - the defense overall was good, not to say excellent, I believe in transition defense we did great, rebounding job was great, Fab was excellent for his minutes, but MANU was the guy taking over the game and leading the Spurs to a 'W' today...still the offense is VERY POOR, AND IT ALL starts with Tim Duncan - who went 0-6 and terrible 1st half - this carried over the entire team as we were in a shooting slump - THERE is no way we win a title playing that ugly in offense...Manu even said it after the game, even we don't improve, we will have problems in the Playoffs, I believe him...Stack was horrible - he nailed down Manu pretty bad by hand (almost injuring him by pushing his throat!), and then got tossed for second technical...he should be suspended for at least 1 game!!! I didn't like our offense at all - defensively we are there, but offensively we are STILL NOT GOOD, and Manu stated the same after the game - there is a lot to improve - however we have 13 games to do just that...

he Mavs are in a bad shape right now, however, this injury of Dirk might have the opposite effect on them (as on the Rockets), mobilize them to win games and make the Playoffs, or they will completely meltdown and be out of it soon - Denver won today 109-100 after being blown away by TOR Raptors in the 1st quarter (allowing 35 pts!), so the distance is getting closer - if GS beats LA Lakers in the next 2 hours, the Mavs will be IN GREAT DANGER OF NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR, which might be a good thing for them overall - this trade J Kidd for D. Harris, Hassell and Diop was one of the MOST STUPID TRADES I have ever seen...so, the Mavs move on and rebuild - J Kidd MAY BECOME A SPUR for a veteran minimum one day (after his huge contract expires?) - HOW ABOUT THAT, EH???

About our "W", I am NOT sure with Dirk staying in there that we would've won - we turned the ball over 2 times in the last 3 minutes of the game, but it didn't cost us - Kidd and Terry missed WIDE OPEN 3s...I think with Dirk, it wouldn't been so easy to beat them, HOWEVER, THERE IS NO QUESTION IN MY MIND that after trading D. Harris and Diop, the Spurs are MUCH BETTER "matchup" against the Mavs right now, and I am NOT afraid of them at all - THE BEST TEAM IN THE WEST IS NO HORNETS - I SAW THEM beating the Celts last night, reversing a 10 point deficit to a win - they were very impressive in the 4th quarter again - the held the last 5 teams they played at home in single digits in the 4th quarter, only LA LAKERS SCORED 23 PTS (BUT THEY LOST THE GAME AS WELL), and the victory last night over Boston makes the Hornets the team to "beat" in the West!

Interesting things are going with the Mavs - they are almost in the same situation as the Rockets are - their superstar is out for 2 weeks ("de ja vu" all over again!), so they either will "get together" and make an unbelievable run (as the Rockets did), or will miss the Playoffs (Denver will take over their spot!)...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Cuban-unhappy-with-Johnson-Mavs-since-Kidd-s-ar?urn=nba,73010

I think Avery will be DONE soon as a coach if he doesn't make the Playoffs, he will be done...NOBODY CAN WORK WITH CUBAN, NOBODY...Cuban actually did trade himself Kidd for those guys, now is blaming Avery for the losses...

GO MANU!!! In MANU I trust!!!

:clap

smeagol
03-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Are you the real Manu?

Manu_Ginobili
03-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Are you the real Manu?

his shadow...

nfg3
03-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Their O is suspect but the D today was what I've been waiting for. That's the type of D that we play when we win rings. Our O sucked yet at halftime we were only down 4 and that is directly due to our D. And we couldn't hit hardly any shots and had good looks, too! The O is in a slump but the D is improving. And our D was very good when Dirk was in there so I'm encouraged by this game that our D is finally coming into form.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Spurs won the game after trailing by 14 pts, but BIG PART of the victory was the injury of Dirk, SO WE PUT (*) right next to this victory

Did you forget that the 19-0 run that gave us the momentum to win came when Dirk was in the game?

Manu_Ginobili
03-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Did you forget that the 19-0 run that gave us the momentum to win came when Dirk was in the game?

Yes, I saw that, read my comments - with Dirk there in the 4th it would've been more difficult to beat them, I didn't say impossible...since the superstar of a team was out of the game in the 3rd quarter, we always have to question the victory somewhat...I am NOT taking away the "W" from us, don't get me wrong, PLEASE...

Go Spurs!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-23-2008, 08:59 PM
I do agree with the point about the Hornets though.

pjjrfan
03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I liked the win because it was a typical Spurs game, grind it out defensive game. In the end our defense will create our offense. When we don't have defense this team struggles, when we have our defense we get opportunities and when we get Tim,Tony and Manu all on the same page I like our chances against any team.

jbspurs
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes, I saw that, read my comments - with Dirk there in the 4th it would've been more difficult to beat them, I didn't say impossible...since the superstar of a team was out of the game in the 3rd quarter, we always have to question the victory somewhat...I am NOT taking away the "W" from us, don't get me wrong, PLEASE...

Go Spurs!!!

They still had five players on the floor right? We are talking about NBA with legit quality players that can step up on any given time. I'll take the asterisk if they ended up with only four players on the court....

Sigz
03-23-2008, 09:07 PM
his shadow...
That'zz kinda creepy!

:fro

Manu_Ginobili
03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I do agree with the point about the Hornets though.

Nice to see we are having a legit discussion...maybe I am a little bit overstating the absence of Dirk...GREAT "W", if we compare the way we played in March, especially the 19-0 comeback was just great...Now, if we can get it "together" to beat Orlando away this will be something...

GO SPURS!!!

urunobili
03-23-2008, 09:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Cuban-unhappy-with-Johnson-Mavs-since-Kidd-s-ar?urn=nba,73010

I think Avery will be DONE soon as a coach if he doesn't make the Playoffs, he will be done...NOBODY CAN WORK WITH CUBAN, NOBODY...Cuban actually did trade himself Kidd for those guys, now is blaming Avery for the losses...

GO MANU!!! In MANU I trust!!!

:clap
please see the posters comment on there... classic

Agloco
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Spurs won the game after trailing by 14 pts, but BIG PART of the victory was the injury of Dirk, SO WE PUT (*) right next to this victory...........

The run to take the lead happened when Dirk was on the floor. Timmy put the Udoka miss in for a 55-54 lead on the play where Dirk got hurt.

I'll agree that the offense is still suspect, but we will take it.

Anytime you shoot less than 25% you expect to lose. Unless you're the Spurs that is.

T Park
03-23-2008, 09:34 PM
The offense will be fine.

Agloco
03-23-2008, 09:35 PM

It was actually 11-0 at the time. Timmy's put back on the play where Dirk got hurt made it 13-0.

samikeyp
03-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Spurs won the game after trailing by 14 pts, but BIG PART of the victory was the injury of Dirk, SO WE PUT (*) right next to this victory

What's this "we" shit? You got a mouse in your pocket? :) Apply your own asterisk, none for me. A win is a win. I never wish injury on any player but I also don't feel sorry for any player, team, or fan when a player goes down, it's part of the game. Non-Spurs fans don't feel sorry for us or the team when a Spur goes down. Give no quarter and expect none as well.

Manu_Ginobili
03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
The run to take the lead happened when Dirk was on the floor. Timmy put the Udoka miss in for a 55-54 lead on the play where Dirk got hurt.

I'll agree that the offense is still suspect, but we will take it.

Anytime you shoot less than 25% you expect to lose. Unless you're the Spurs that is.

maybe I am a little bit overstating the absence of Dirk...GREAT "W", if we compare the way we played in March...I agree unless you are US, with under 35% shooting it will be unlikely to win the game...

T Park
03-23-2008, 09:45 PM
The Spurs run and the majority of it, happened while Dirk was in there.

So STFU on the asterisk babble.

duncan228
03-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Apply your own asterisk, none for me.

The Spurs run and the majority of it, happened while Dirk was in there.

So STFU on the asterisk babble.

ClingingMars
03-23-2008, 09:50 PM
it's extremely difficult to win a game without your best player.

especially if the other team has momentum.

while we definitely earned this win, I am extremely concerned about our offense...it was absolutely pathetic.

-Mars

boutons_
03-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Spurs shot 33% vs 40%.
And even worse on 3Gs, 26%, which is almost always means defeat for the 3G-dependent Spurs

A team almost never wins shooting so horribly.

In a 7-pt win, the Spurs were +14 pts in FTs. That's the game right there.

dbreiden83080
03-23-2008, 10:08 PM
The offense was BAD but Tony and Tim were like 11-42 from the field. Tim owns the Mavs so that is not likely to happen again if they meet in the playoffs and given Dirks status, i don't think the Mavs are making it in. The offense needs to play better overall, there is no question but there is still time to get it together.

lonestr
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Soo, I guess you were looking for a moral victory.

Manu_Ginobili
03-23-2008, 11:28 PM
The offense was BAD but Tony and Tim were like 11-42 from the field. Tim owns the Mavs so that is not likely to happen again if they meet in the playoffs and given Dirks status, i don't think the Mavs are making it in. The offense needs to play better overall, there is no question but there is still time to get it together.

GS WARRIORS AND DENVER WON TODAY - THE MAVS WON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, AND THEY WILL LOOK TO UTILIZE NETS' 1ST LOTTERY DRAFT PICK SHOULD THE MAVS FINISH AFTER THE 1ST 8...

GO MANUUUUU!!!

T Park
03-23-2008, 11:31 PM
What is with the all caps?

Annoying as all hell...

duncan228
03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
GS WARRIORS AND DENVER WON TODAY - THE MAVS WON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, AND THEY WILL LOOK TO UTILIZE NETS' 1ST LOTTERY DRAFT PICK SHOULD THE MAVS FINISH AFTER THE 1ST 8...

GO MANUUUUU!!!

Could you please not yell.

BonnerDynasty
03-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Offense sucks, Spurs can't hit a shot...

What else is new.