PDA

View Full Version : 'Unhappy' Arenas Not Cleared To Play Yet

duncan228
03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/03/23/arenas.wizards.ap/index.html

Arenas not cleared to play yet
Injured, unhappy Wizards star to sit one more week

WASHINGTON (AP) -- An unhappy Gilbert Arenas learned Sunday night that he had not been cleared to play by Washington Wizards team doctors, dashing his hopes of returning in the nationally televised game against the Detroit Pistons -- or anytime soon.

Arenas took part in the shootaround Sunday morning and was so confident that he would be in uniform against the Pistons that he didn't bring proper attire to sit on the bench as an injured player.

As he exited the locker room about an hour before the game, Arenas told reporters: "Y'all don't have to write any more. I'm not coming back this year." But he reappeared during the first half of the game, wearing a tan sport coat as he took his seat on the bench.

Coach Eddie Jordan said the three-time All-Star point guard's return probably won't come for another week at the earliest.

"He wants to test his whole body in an NBA game, and the doctors said he's not ready and it's good for all parties to wait and see once another week has gone by to see where he is," Jordan said.

Asked if Arenas will play again this season, Jordan said: "There's always a chance. There's always been a chance. ... He's getting better."

Arenas first had surgery on his left knee last April, rushed his rehabilitation and needed surgery again in November after playing in the first eight games of the season. He has been practicing with the team for nearly three weeks.

"Gil's been anxious to play ever since he got on the court and started doing some basketball rehab instead of just training room rehab," Jordan said. "We've all heard it now for three weeks that he's been anxious to play, he's been predicting to play, and he's close."

JMarkJohns
03-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I love Gil, but some team is going to overpay themselves into mediocrity for him this offseason. He's a better, more likeable version of Marbury. On the right team he could be Baron Davis, but really, now we're splitting hairs.

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 09:54 AM
It sounds like Gilbert wants to play to show everyone he is healthy and the Wizards are saying ....nah.......let's not play him to keep his price down.

DD

RonMexico
03-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Dakota do you work for a company called CB&I?

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Ron,

I do not, why do you ask?

DD

Indazone
03-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Wizards are now in the Miami Heat Full Tank Mode.

No Arenas this season.

Nasir_Jones
03-24-2008, 12:58 PM
This is just added precaution, kinda like how Houston did with their young PF Landry. He could have come back in the 3 or 4 games before he did finally come back, but they wanted to make sure.

The Wizards want Gil completely healthy for their playoff run,,, no risks.

hater
03-24-2008, 01:13 PM
:lol at wizards playoff run

Nasir_Jones
03-25-2008, 12:40 AM
:lol at wizards playoff run

are they not the 5th seed in the East?? sure the east may be weak.. but what do you expect the wizards to do?? "Well, the only reason we're in the playoffs is because we're in the East, so we might as well not even try." They're gonna have a playoff run, dumbass

Doug Collins
03-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Dakota do you work for a company called CB&I?

Chicago Bridge and Iron? This greasy Italian douche I know works there...