PDA

View Full Version : Mavs' schedule : tough

lefty
03-23-2008, 11:17 PM
It's gonna be really tough without Dirk

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/139/schedulewn9.jpg

ClingingMars
03-23-2008, 11:18 PM
yikes...better hope dirk is gone 3-4 games, maybe less, or the mavs are outside looking in.

-Mars

TexSports
03-23-2008, 11:20 PM
It would be tough with Dirk, it's impossible without him!

Findog
03-23-2008, 11:20 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90156

This is really where this discussion belongs.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Why the fuck are people saying 2 weeks? Until an MRI is taken, whatever has been said is a wild guess. Lets see what goes down tomorrow before anything is even confirmed. He could be out a hell of alot longer.

Ok this is already starting to make this day even worse for me. Time to go watch the O.C

lefty
03-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Why the fuck are people saying 2 weeks? Until an MRI is taken, whatever has been said is a wild guess. Lets see what goes down tomorrow before anything is even confirmed. He could be out a hell of alot longer.

Ok this is already starting to make this day even worse for me. Time to go watch the O.C

I think he'll be re-evaluated on Monday

ClingingMars
03-23-2008, 11:23 PM

So do you now switch between the first and third person while speaking, dirk? and how ARE you feeling?

-Mars

Findog

At this point, just be ready for training camp in October. That's all I care about. Missing the playoffs and keeping our pick is better in the long run than getting drilled by the Lakers in the first round.

baseline bum
I don't buy the hype about Dallas being done yet. The Kidd trade has clearly backfired, but they're way too talented to not be legit contenders. I would be shocked to see them miss the playoffs even if Dirk's out the rest of the season.

SHAQOWNSDUNCAN
i hope dirk is done would make it easier for the other teams in the west i fell no pitty for mavs fans they deserve this

Findog
03-23-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't buy the hype about Dallas being done yet. The Kidd trade has clearly backfired, but they're way too talented to not be legit contenders. I would be shocked to see them miss the playoffs even if Dirk's out the rest of the season.

The schedule is just too tough. Remember at the beginning of the year when they were not picking it up intensity-wise and they lost games to the Bucks, Pacers, Hawks, Wizards and Kings? Because it was "the playoffs that mattered" and they were going to not go so all-out on 'meaningless' November and December games? Wouldn't it be nice to have those games back now?

Whether it's sports, politics, business or war, most organizations adhere to the Guns of August principle. It's certainly come back to bite the Mavs ass in a big way the past two years.

picnroll
03-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Spurs schedule is no walk in the park. Lakers and Hornets have the easiest stretch run schedules and Rockets isn't that bad either. Spurs are going to have to pick it up to get a home court advantage in round one.

himat
03-23-2008, 11:30 PM
If the Mavs don't win both upcoming games against the Clippers they are out of the playoffs. They have to win those games because there won't be easy games like that with Dirk out.

himat
03-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Spurs schedule is no walk in the park.

Every WC team has a tough schedule. The WC playoffs are going to be insane. I can see a lot of series go 7 games.

Findog
03-23-2008, 11:35 PM
If the Mavs don't win both upcoming games against the Clippers they are out of the playoffs. They have to win those games because there won't be easy games like that with Dirk out.

We have two apiece left against Seattle and the Clip Show. I think even those will be tough now, but let's say we get those. 48 wins. I think to be assured of a spot, you need 52 wins in the West this year. In all honesty, long-term we're better off keeping that pick.

SHAQOWNSDUNCAN
03-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Dont

sa_kid20
03-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Man it's crazy to think that the Mavs might actually miss the playoffs and meanwhile in the east a team with a losing record will make it.

picnroll
03-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Every WC team has a tough schedule. The WC playoffs are going to be insane. I can see a lot of series go 7 games.
Spurs have 12 games left, seven against playoff teams, six western and Orlando
Rockets have 12 left, four against western playoff teams and a bunch of non-playoff teams.
Hornets have 14, seven playoff teams, four western and Clev, Boston and Orl
Lakers have 12 left 4 western playoff teams and Wash
Jazz are locked into fourth
GS 13, 6 against western playoff teams