PDA

View Full Version : So the Spurs have proven they can beat the Mavs...

gospursgojas
03-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Now on to the Suns....

Shaq,

Nash/Stoudimire Pick and roll,

D'Antoni whining.

DespЏrado
03-24-2008, 02:10 AM
We haven't proved jack against the Mavs. We still owe them a series, since they beat us the last time we played.

Quite frankly I think the Suns have to prove they can beat us in a seven game series. Shaq's weaknesses are far more easily exposed in a seven game series. I can see him getting himself amped for a game or two, but defending the pick and roll for seven games is going to be more of a problem for the Suns than the Spurs.

MrChug
03-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Although I think the Lakers are fading and that adding Bynum could mess with their overall chemistry at an integral point, as well as the the Rox being a donut team (a hole in the middle), I think they scare me as much as the Suns.

Plan of primary focus? The Hornets (I can't believe I just said that).

Dirk Nowitzki
03-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Yup You needed to come from behind double digits and a Dirk injury to squeak by. If Dirk comes back within a week, we arent missing the playoffs and we are still a serious pain in the ass to the spurs. When was the last time you even blew the Mavs out? Hell when was the last time you beat them by double digits? When was the last time you didnt have to play catch up to squeak out a victory? For your sake you better hope and pray the Spurs dont see the Mavs in a playoff series. We still have a big matchup advantage. :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

gospursgojas
03-24-2008, 02:15 AM
We haven't proved jack against the Mavs. We still owe them a series, since they beat us the last time we played.

Quite frankly I think the Suns have to prove they can beat us in a seven game series. Shaq's weaknesses are far more easily exposed in a seven game series. I can see him getting himself amped for a game or two, but defending the pick and roll for seven games is going to be more of a problem for the Suns than the Spurs.

I was talking more about these spurs beating these mavs, but you made some good points.

I don't see shaq playing at the level he played the last game for 7 games either. He knows when the nation is watching and he loves to put on a show, See: Shaq jumping into the stands.

But he will get tired.

gospursgojas
03-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Yup You needed to come from behind double digits and a Dirk injury to squeak by. If Dirk comes back within a week, we arent missing the playoffs and we are still a serious pain in the ass to the spurs. When was the last time you even blew the Mavs out? Hell when was the last time you beat them by double digits? When was the last time you didnt have to play catch up to squeak out a victory? For your sake you better hope and pray the Spurs dont see the Mavs in a playoff series. We still have a big matchup advantage. :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

Calling out the Spurs for having to play catch up does nothing for your argument. All it shows is that the Mavs played just as badly as the Spurs did when the mavs got their lead, and vise versa. If anything it shows that the Mavs couldn't put the Spurs away. Which is also a problem for the Spurs.

And the spurs were well into thier 19-0 run or whatevr it was before Dirk went down.

And you're right. A healthy Dirk is a matchup problem for the Spurs. But 1. We've gotten pass it before (with the exception of 06) and 2. Who knows how healthy he will be.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Calling out the Spurs for having to play catch up does nothing for your argument. All it shows is that the Mavs played just as badly as the Spurs did when the mavs got their lead, and vise versa. If anything it shows that the Mavs couldn't put the Spurs away. Which is also a problem for the Spurs.

And the spurs were well into thier 19-0 run or whatevr it was before Dirk went down.

And you're right. A healthy Dirk is a matchup problem for the Spurs. But 1. We've gotten pass it before (with the exception of 06) and 2. Who knows how healthy he will be.

Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred, how did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us that we now send our children into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing that some would be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows. Swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?

DespЏrado
03-24-2008, 02:29 AM

And the Mavs are what 0-8 against teams playing better than .500 since acquiring Jason Kidd. The Mavs have a lot of questions they need to answer...Like where the hell is this vaunted mental toughness Jason Kidd was supposed to bring?

gospursgojas
03-24-2008, 02:32 AM
Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred, how did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us that we now send our children into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing that some would be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows. Swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?

I'm glad you still keep up with teen age high school dramas. :p:

Dirk Nowitzki
03-24-2008, 02:34 AM
I'm glad you still keep up with teen age high school dramas. :p:

How do you even know what I am talking about? BTW I think it is a damn good yet powerful quote. :oops :oops

gospursgojas
03-24-2008, 02:37 AM
How do you even know what I am talking about? BTW I think it is a damn good yet powerful quote. :oops :oops

:lol

try this link

Answer to everything (http://www.google.com)

I was just about to think that you created that in the 2 mins between posts :dramaquee

Dirk Nowitzki
03-24-2008, 02:38 AM
And the Mavs are what 0-8 against teams playing better than .500 since acquiring Jason Kidd. The Mavs have a lot of questions they need to answer...Like where the hell is this vaunted mental toughness Jason Kidd was supposed to bring?

We've been on the road, driving in the sun, looking out for #1. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :elephant :elephant

Dirk Nowitzki
03-24-2008, 02:38 AM
:lol

try this link

Answer to everything (http://www.google.com)

I was just about to think that you created that in the 2 mins between posts :dramaquee

:madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun