PDA

View Full Version : Hedo, ma MAIN man!

ShoogarBear
01-12-2005, 09:47 PM
His first start of the year with Stevie's lover gone.

End of 3rd: 23 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 threes, 2 steals.

Magic up on T-pups, 71-62.

And on my fantasy team.

:smokin

picnroll
01-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Puppies lose this one and they drop to .500.

ducks
01-12-2005, 09:58 PM
sequa will say NBA FORUM

SequSpur
01-12-2005, 09:59 PM
NBA Forum

ShoogarBear
01-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Damn, I was hoping it was Bowling Night.

Guru of Nothing
01-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Hedo = 2 guard cancer.

Last year Pop benched Manu to appease Hedo's tiny heart.

This year, Cuttino.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2005, 11:10 PM
I've read some stories that seem to think that Mr. Jackie will get the starting 2, once he gets settled in. I'm not so sure.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Francis and Mobley were the Pauline Parker and Juliet Hume of the NBA. They had to be separated before they killed another team.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Chump goes for Obscurity Extra Credit points.

Although Stevie does kinda have that Kate Winslet thing going.

T Park
01-13-2005, 12:13 AM
nah, Spurs couldn't have used him.

Sense
01-13-2005, 12:13 AM
On Meh Fantasy Team 2.

AH!

Spurbanana
01-13-2005, 12:16 AM
<3 Hedo

AND Spurs won AND Phoenix lost..but I still have that history test tomorrow :(

Life ain't perfect ;)

taruky
01-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Actually Guru, Hedo probably won't be starting when Christie arrives. They need him off the bench, where he has been doing just fine. Their bench tonight got only like 12 points when he started. Mobley was traded because Weisbrod wanted to shore up the defense, and they didn't think they'd be able to resign Mobley. Had nothing to do with "appeasing Hedo", Hedo's been great this season and was happy off the bench. In fact, the Magic wanted to get him more playing time because, as usual, the statistics show they win when he gets significant minutes. And let me ask this, why do you think Hedo was so popular among his Spurs teammates if he was a whiny, pampered player? The guy never asked to start, never complained about anything.

What a bunch of bitchy fans some of you are. I can't wait to read your crap if you fall short this season.

Experiment2100
01-13-2005, 12:25 AM
Hedo forum.

T Park
01-13-2005, 12:26 AM
hat a bunch of bitchy fans some of you are. I can't wait to read your crap if you fall short this season.

Classic coming from the fan of a perrenial loser.

Dont like our comments, dont read the damn forum.

Nikos
01-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Actually Guru, Hedo probably won't be starting when Christie arrives. They need him off the bench, where he has been doing just fine. Their bench tonight got only like 12 points when he started. Mobley was traded because Weisbrod wanted to shore up the defense, and they didn't think they'd be able to resign Mobley. Had nothing to do with "appeasing Hedo", Hedo's been great this season and was happy off the bench. In fact, the Magic wanted to get him more playing time because, as usual, the statistics show they win when he gets significant minutes. And let me ask this, why do you think Hedo was so popular among his Spurs teammates if he was a whiny, pampered player? The guy never asked to start, never complained about anything.

What a bunch of bitchy fans some of you are. I can't wait to read your crap if you fall short this season.

He probably should be starting however.

Taruky, thats not really nice to hope for failure. Not everyone here hates Hedo. I happen to like his overall game and his potential. He did fall short in the playoffs, but was not the only one.

Hedo isn't a bad bench player in Orlando, because they play at a high pace and let him create a bit for himself and take those transition threes after one bounce (leaning back).

Why the hostility? You know exactly what others will say if the Spurs fall short. (See last season).

Anyway, whassup Taruky? Long time no see. Do you post on the Magic forum on BB.net?

T Park
01-13-2005, 12:36 AM
I second Niko's feelings.

whottt
01-13-2005, 01:05 AM

Too bad he didn't do "just fine" for us off the bench last season...and...he may not have asked for the starting spot, but he did say he was better at it(becuase he didn't have to worry about getting his shots,) he asked for it by sucking off the bench and performing well as a starter.

Anyway, no one ever said Hedo was a bad guy, I don't think anyone on this forum ever said he was a bad guy...only that he sucked badly against LA. And I don't think Pop wanted to lose Hedo anyway.

By all means, read the forum in the playoffs, if another guy chokes on us he will get ripped as well...it was happening long before Hedo got here and it will continue. It's quite simple, don't be the main reason we lose in the playoffs and you won't get trashed by us.

Oh, and Manu>Hedo still :)

whottt
01-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Classic coming from the fan of a perrenial loser.

Dont like our comments, dont read the damn forum.

I like the bitter angry and troll-like Taruky better than the nice one who seemed to be nothing more than Hedo's emotional representative on the board...This one is more fun to argue with and it is one of the more amazing personality transformations I have seen from a message board poster.

Don't discourage Taruky from grinding his axe or pursuing his vendetta crusade against Spurfans..... because it's things like that that make this board interesting :).

I'm actually disappointed with Taruky's lack of participation on the board...I expected gloating and salt in the wounds from him after any loss this season..however it seems he's still only interested in discussing Hedo related topics.

exstatic
01-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Half of the NBA game is mental, which means at best, Hedo has a chance to be half a player. He's too much of a mental wuss, disappearing when things get tight. I was happy when SA got him in that trade, but was not at all sorry to see him go, especially at that price. He's a chimera, showing a game like tonight, followed by an outing or two of his disappearing act.

taruky
01-13-2005, 12:32 PM
There is no point in me gloating about every Spurs loss. Because first of all, I'm not rooting for them to lose, as I've said before I like some of their players. But I will get a kick out of the bitching and moaning some of you will inevitably do. As for Hedo, think what you want, but the global rating of him as a wuss is unwarranted. He choked in the playoffs, doesn't mean he always will. This season he has been HUGE for the Magic, and yeah, Nikos, it's because he gets to do more. Last season he was expected to sit behind the arc and nail threes, didn't get the ball much more than that. He is not a pure shooter, never will be, and being thrust into that role was rough. He's in the right place for him now.

picnroll
01-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I SERIOUSLY doubt Hedo was "expected to sit behind the arc and nail threes, didn't get the ball much more than that". Jackson before him took it to the basket. Brown and Barry take it to the basket. They got/get the ball. Hedo elected to be passive for whatever reason and his lack of going to the basket was a MAJOR source of frustration to me. His defense and rebounding were fine but when he went into major long range shooting slumps he did nothing to change up his offense and it was his choice/passiveness.

grjr
01-13-2005, 01:06 PM
I SERIOUSLY doubt Hedo was "expected to sit behind the arc and nail threes, didn't get the ball much more than that". Jackson before him took it to the basket. Brown and Barry take it to the basket. They got/get the ball. Hedo elected to be passive for whatever reason and his lack of going to the basket was a MAJOR source of frustration to me. His defense and rebounding were fine but when he went into major long range shooting slumps he did nothing to change up his offense and it was his choice/passiveness.

Hey, there was always that reliable running left-handed layup. :lol

picnroll
01-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey, there was always that reliable running left-handed layup. :lol

When it comes to driving to the basket and willingness to take contact Hedo will never be mistaken for Manu, Jackson or Brown.

taruky
01-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Please, Barry barely takes it to the basket, I've seen him enough this season. Hedo has been taking it to the rim with regularity this season, including against the Spurs when he dunked in Rasho's face. There must be SOMETHING different about this season than last which has led him to be a force in ALL facets of the game. Face it, you all gave up on him too soon and Orlando is laughing its ass off that they got him for the money they did.

By the way, whassup Nikos. Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

SequSpur
01-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Hedo > Rasho

ShoogarBear
01-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Tonight, he follows with a stunning 2-15 performance.

But I guess we won't be hearing about that, now, will we?