PDA

View Full Version : Emilio Navaira

Los Spurs
03-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Please pray for Emilio's speedy recovery...

HOUSTON -- Grammy-winning Tejano singer Emilio Navaira was critically injured Sunday when his band's bus crashed on a highway in the metro area, city and hospital officials said.

Navaira and his band Rio had performed at a Houston nightclub on Saturday night. At about 5 a.m. Sunday, the band's bus slammed into traffic barrels on Interstate 610 northbound in Bellaire, a well-to-do enclave within the city west of downtown Houston, Bellaire police Sgt. Daniel Kerr said.

Navaira was one of eight passengers on the bus who were injured, said Houston Assistant Fire Chief Omero Longoria. Navaira was listed in critical condition at Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he was being treated in the intensive care unit, said hospital administrator Lisa Lagrone.

He had surgery Sunday to remove a blood clot in his head, said Joe Casias, his agent, who was at the hospital with the hospital.

"The next 24 hours are very critical," Casias said. "....on behalf of his family, we hope his fans will pray for Emilio."

Navaira remained in critical condition early Monday, said Casey Smith, the hospital's operations administrator.

The bus was the only vehicle involved, Kerr said. Initial news reports, based on video from traffic cameras at the scene, had said three vehicles were involved.

Navaira, 45, and Rio have released more than a dozen albums, including "Acuerdate" that won the 2003 Grammy for best Tejano album.

According to the band's Web site, Navaira was born in San Antonio and earned a music scholarship from Texas State. In 1989, he formed the band with brother Raul, who was among those who suffered minor injuries, two Houston television stations reported.

Five people were taken to Ben Taub Hospital, where their conditions were not immediately known, Longoria said. A hospital spokeswoman would not give out any information, citing health privacy laws.

Two others were treated at Memorial Hermann and released, Lagrone said.

peewee's lovechild
03-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I thought he was dead already.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-24-2008, 09:56 AM
i read about this on CNN.com of all places earlier this morning. i hope he pulls thru.

BacktoBasics
03-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't want to see anyone die but this guy is one arrogant asshole.

ATRAIN
03-24-2008, 10:03 AM
I thought he was dead already.

maybe just his career

peewee's lovechild
03-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Didn't he beat the fuck out of his wife?

Yea, he's a saint.
Pray for him.

midgetonadonkey
03-24-2008, 10:13 AM
As long as Raulito is ok. That's all that matters.

ATRAIN
03-24-2008, 10:13 AM

LOL I think you should bring back the Raulito Shuffle!!

mrsmaalox
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Well I'm not from south Texas so I don't know who he is, but when I read the name of that song "Acuerdate", I thought it said "Accudata" so I assumed he was a famous weather man! :lol
Anyway, I hope he gets better.

BacktoBasics
03-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Didn't he beat the fuck out of his wife?

Yea, he's a saint.
Pray for him.yeah and he gets into shit with just about anyone. I've been to his house numerous times and he's a real pompous ass.

ATRAIN
03-24-2008, 10:33 AM
yeah and he gets into shit with just about anyone. I've been to his house numerous times and he's a real pompous ass.

why have you been to his house?

Richard Cranium
03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
yeah and he gets into shit with just about anyone. I've been to his house numerous times and he's a real pompous ass.

Too bad he didn't go off on your ass.

peewee's lovechild
03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
LOL I think you should bring back the Raulito Shuffle!!

I do it every morning in place of aerobics.

MoSpur
03-24-2008, 11:03 AM
His mom was my kindergarten teacher. She is very sweet. I have met him a couple of times and has been nice. He went to the same middle school and high school as me. Where am I going with this?

I pray that he makes it through. He has done things in the past that weren't/aren't right, but I think we all have.

2centsworth
03-24-2008, 11:15 AM
who else was on that bus, anyone know?

MoSpur
03-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Just member's of his band I guess. No one else was seriously hurt from what I understand.

BacktoBasics
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
why have you been to his house?I've worked for two different companies that provided service for him. Twice to deliver a pool table and recover it and then I had crews clean his bus at his residence a few different times.

I must of heard

"don't you know who I am....I'm a famous singer" and "I'm a Tejano legend" a thousand fucking times. Dude wanted all kinds of shit for free because we're supposed to know who he is.

As a matter of fact the carpet company I worked for will not do work for him any longer after he refused to pay for the services on his bus and demanded that we bill him on account because he couldn't or didn't want to pay after the job was completed. We accommodated him and then he didn't pay for over 5 months.

Los Spurs
03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
His mom was my kindergarten teacher. She is very sweet. I have met him a couple of times and has been nice. He went to the same middle school and high school as me. Where am I going with this?

I pray that he makes it through. He has done things in the past that weren't/aren't right, but I think we all have.

I've also had the pleasure of meeting Emilio and all of the Navaira family. They were regular customers at my Parents southside restaurant and were always very down to earth... But despite of what a lot of you haters have said about Emilio on this thread, I don't think now is the time to be judging him or anyone else for that matter, unless you've already walked on water...

My heart goes out to the Navaira family in this very difficult time for them.

BacktoBasics
03-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I've also had the pleasure of meeting Emilio and all of the Navaira family. They were regular customers at my Parents southside restaurant and were always very down to earth... But despite of what a lot of you haters have said about Emilio on this thread, I don't think now is the time to be judging him or anyone else for that matter, unless you've already walked on water...

My heart goes out to the Navaira family in this very difficult time for them.When is an appropriate time to judge him?

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Speedy recovery and all, but my first thoughts on a SpursTalk/Emilio thread was the logo Useruser666 posted in the drunken driving thread from back in the day.

Sonia_TX
03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Morning Update from Houston Chronicle. He was said to be driving.

Next 24 hours "extremely critical" for Tejano star

By MIKE GLENN, RAMIRO BURR and RUTH RENDON
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Wreck scene under investigation

The next 24 hours will be an "extremely critical" time for Tejano music star Emilio Navaira as doctors at Houston's Memorial Hermann Hospital work to save his life, a neurosurgeon said today.

``Currently, he is still critically ill," said Dr. Alex Valadka. "There is a chance he may not make it. You have to acknowledge that.''

Navaira was thrown through the windshield of his tour bus about 5 a.m. Sunday when it slammed into traffic barrels on the northbound Loop 610 just before the exit onto U.S. 59 in southwest Houston. Friends and authorities said the Grammy award-winning singer was driving the bus.

''For some reason, the driver lost control and hit the barrels,'' said Bellaire Police Sgt. Daniel Kerr. "We don't know why yet.''

Kerr would not say whether Navaira was driving.

At a news briefing this morning , Valadka said Navaira was unconscious when he was brought to Memorial Hermann on Sunday. Doctors performed a two-hour surgical procedure to remove a blood clot from his brain, Valadka said.

Navaira is in a medically induced coma, the surgeon said, adding that people with this type of injury typically have a survival rate of 65 to 75 percent if all goes well.

The singer's manager, Joe Casias of the Universal Latin Agency, expressed thanks on behalf of Navaira's family for the support they have received since the accident.

His immediate family is at the hospital and have been able to see him in the intensive care unit.

Of the six other people on the bus, five have been released after treatment.

Bass player Rick Vega remains at Ben Taub General Hospital, undergoing treatment for abdominal injuries.

Police aren't sure whether alcohol played a role in the wreck, but said they planned to test the driver's blood levels. The driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel, Kerr said.

Authorities also are uncertain of how fast the bus was traveling when it struck the barrels — crushing the vehicle's front end and scattering concert posters and other debris along the road. Part of the West Loop was closed for several hours while police investigated and cleared the scene.

Navaira, 45, was flown by helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where a family friend said doctors operated to open Navaira's skull to relieve swelling.

''They told me they had to induce a coma to help relieve that pressure,'' said Joey Rodriguez, a close friend of Navaira's and manager for David Lee Garza y Los Musicales.

Navaira's younger brother and bandmate, Raul, a passenger on the bus, was seen walking around at the hospital, friends said.

Known simply as Emilio to his fans, Navaira and his band, Rio, performed Saturday night at Hallabaloo's in southeast Houston.

He was set to perform Friday at the San Jose Scottish Rite Center in California.

Eden Barrera Jr., a fan in Houston, said he was shocked when he saw the accident scene, which he stopped to photograph.

''From what I could see, there was nothing left of the front cab,'' he said. ''It is unbelievable that anyone could have survived the crash.''

Family members, friends and fans touted Navaira's critical role in increasing the popularity of Tejano music. They also recounted Navaira's generosity, including his work to raise about $1 million for a children's foundation since 1990.

''He would give the shirt off his back to help anybody,'' said Ben Arredondo, Navaira's former uncle.

The San Antonio native is a self-taught musician who learned on a guitar that his father purchased at a pawn shop. He later majored in music at what now is Texas State University in San Marcos.

In 1989, he went solo and quickly rose as an influential force in the rising movement that became Tejano's massive renaissance in the early '90s. By the mid '90s, Navaira and Selena were considered the undisputed king and queen of Tejano. They both played in front of 70,000 fans at the Houston Astrodome for the Houston Rodeo's Go Tejano Day several times. They also dominated at the annual Tejano Music Awards.

Navaira won a Grammy in 2003 for his CD Acuerdate. His latest CD, De Nuevo, was released last September.

Like a number of celebrities, Navaira has seen his share of troubles.

He was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in September 2000. That followed his arrest in January that year on charges of assaulting a girlfriend and resisting arrest, charges that were later dropped.

Grammy-winning, Houston-based Tejano band Avizo has performed with Navaira on several occasions. Band leader and trumpet player Robert Dorantes compared Navaira's legacy to that of Selena and says, ''This could have happened to any one of us.''

Navaira ''helped shape Tejano music into what it is today,'' Dorantes said. ''We hope and pray Emilio comes out of this OK, and this should be a wake-up call to all musicians on the road.''

Ramiro Burr is a San Antonio Express-News reporter.

Chronicle staff writers Joey Guerra, Rosanna Ruiz and Anita Hassan contributed to this report.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
KPRC (http://www.click2houston.com/news/15688683/detail.html) is reporting there's a vigil scheduled at 7 p.m. at the Alamodome.

midgetonadonkey
03-24-2008, 01:05 PM
KPRC (http://www.click2houston.com/news/15688683/detail.html) is reporting there's a vigil scheduled at 7 p.m. at the Alamodome.

Will they sell beer?

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Will they sell beer?

What kind of stupid question is that?!?

Of course.

macdude06
03-24-2008, 01:51 PM
is this the guy that played with clay wlaker on valentines day??

sorry im not familair with tejano singers..

peewee's lovechild
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Will they sell beer?

There will be a sadium wide Raulito Shuffle at 7:30.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2008, 02:33 PM
There will be a sadium wide Raulito Shuffle at 7:30.

I swear, I had to bite my finger to keep from laughing my ass off here at work.

pooh
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I went to school with Raul, even sang with him in choir. His folks don't live too far from where my folks live. that's where they would park the bus when he wasn't on the road.

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I liked Emilio's country stuff. I have his first country cd somewhere.

Saw him and his band once at the Poteet Strawberry Festival. I gotta admit it was a good show even though I don't speak much Spanish. Although I'm sure the Poteet locals were a bit pissed that he kept saying "Hola San Antonio!"

:lol

Hope he makes it through.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-24-2008, 04:31 PM
oh man. now theyre saying he may not make it.

Joe Lopez
03-24-2008, 04:41 PM
I hope he pulls through.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I hope he pulls through.

They let you get online in Huntsville?

marini martini
03-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I hope he pulls through.

If he does, it ain't gonna be pretty! Trust me, I know :toast

Los Spurs
03-25-2008, 09:28 AM
If he does, it ain't gonna be pretty! Trust me, I know :toast

I heard he can end up a veg... :depressed

peewee's lovechild
03-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I heard he can end up a veg... :depressed

But, will he still be able to play the guitar?

Taco
03-25-2008, 12:48 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/goinggonzo/2008/03/large_Emilio_Navaira.JPG

http://media.kiiitv.com/images/EMILIO6.jpg

:depressed

peewee's lovechild
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't see any airbags or seatbelts.

MannyIsGod
03-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Was he drunk?

degenerate_gambler
03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Was he drunk?

i didn't know he rammed those barrel things..

maybe the dude wasn't sure which way to go and tried to steer into the other lane at the last minute.

the front of that bus is blasted.

BacktoBasics
03-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Probably lucky he got ejected judging by the damage there is no way to survive within the front cab.

Louie Vega
03-25-2008, 01:42 PM

Yeah he's cool. He has built in air bags! Tejano music went out the same way that tour bus did.

spursfan09
03-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Aww one time he came to my school and he sang for us in elementary. He even signed my dollar, but I lost it.

spursfan09
03-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh but at least I got a pic with him.

Kermit
03-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I remember seeing him a Cuauhtemoc Hall in San Marcos when I was a little one. He sounded just like every other tejano band...horrible. But the people seemed to love him. In retrospect, that was two hours of my life that I would love to have back and apply to the thirty minutes I spent smooching a senorita outside in the parking lot. Other things I discovered that night...blueballs really, really suck.

degenerate_gambler
03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Aww one time he came to my school and he sang for us in elementary. He even signed my dollar, but I lost it.

King Antonio gave me coin once in 4th grade..

Sonia_TX
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Was he drunk?

I believe an officer on the scene said that he didn't think alcohol was involved. I just read that they did draw some blood from him to run tests and the results won't be back until later in the month.

He wasn't licensed to drive the bus so maybe it was inexperience. Plus he had just come from a show and might have fallen asleep. Who knows? I really hope it wasn't alcohol related though. Guess we'll find out.

I hope he makes it through. I met him at Rivercenter Mall when Life Is Good came out. The thing I remember most about him was that he smelled really good. lol But seriously, he was a nice guy when we met him. I didn't get a picture with him since we didn't know he would be there when we were shopping (he was signing autographs at a record store).

Sonia_TX
03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
King Antonio gave me coin once in 4th grade..

I think we all have one if we grew up in SA. :spin

AlamoSpursFan
03-26-2008, 08:11 AM
He wasn't licensed to drive the bus so maybe it was inexperience. Plus he had just come from a show and might have fallen asleep. Who knows? I really hope it wasn't alcohol related though. Guess we'll find out.

Supposedly he drove the bus a lot. You don't have to have a license to have experience. And I heard a cop say alcohol may have been a factor. He may not have been drunk, but a few beers combined with fatigue might have played a big part.

Soul_Patch
03-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Damn, that bus is fucked up...

Good luck to him, hope all is well, although i guess it doesnt look good.

Los Spurs
03-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Damn, that bus is fucked up...

Good luck to him, hope all is well, although i guess it doesnt look good.

A second brain surgery has been performed today.

BacktoBasics
03-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure on that type of bus but you don't need anything other than a regular old drivers license to drive a Class A, B or C motorhome.

MoSpur
03-26-2008, 02:24 PM
This sounds too familiar. My sister had to have almost the same type of surgery. They had to remove a piece of her skull because of the brain swelling. She was in a coma as well. It took a long time and it seemed like forever to get her back. The doctors also told us that she may not make it. Praise God she did. I hope he comes out of it.

Los Spurs
03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
This sounds too familiar. My sister had to have almost the same type of surgery. They had to remove a piece of her skull because of the brain swelling. She was in a coma as well. It took a long time and it seemed like forever to get her back. The doctors also told us that she may not make it. Praise God she did. I hope he comes out of it.

I'm happy to hear that your Sister is doing well.

This is the latest on Emilio:

HOUSTON (AP) -- Hospital officials say Tejano music star Emilio Navaira, who was severely injured after his tour bus crashed, is slowly regaining consciousness.

Navaira opened his eyes and moved his arms and legs Wednesday evening, according to a statement from Memorial Hermann-Texas
Medical Center.

He remains in critical condition at the hospital.

The 45-year-old singer early Sunday morning was thrown through the windshield of his tour bus when it slammed into a collection of freeway barrels that mark the interchange of Interstate 610 and U.S. Highway 59 in Bellaire, a southwest Houston enclave. His injuries have required two brain surgeries, the most recent one Tuesday evening.

Denver>SA
03-27-2008, 05:01 PM
dat niggas awake

Los Spurs
03-28-2008, 10:13 AM
dat niggas awake

Praise the Lord

Stevebass18
04-03-2008, 02:25 AM
I used to go to school with his boys(who are amazingly talented). Emilio was always nice when i went over. my prayers go out to him and his family

Los Spurs
04-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I used to go to school with his boys(who are amazingly talented). Emilio was always nice when i went over. my prayers go out to him and his family

Any word on his condition? Last I heard he was still in critical condition :depressed

peewee's lovechild
04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I figured he'd be headlining concerts in Heaven with Selena by now.

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Do you really think he would headline shows? I see him as an opener at best.

peewee's lovechild
04-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Do you really think he would headline shows? I see him as an opener at best.

I'm pretty sure he'd be beating the shit out of Selena, like he did to all his other women, to ensure that he headlines the shows.

Los Spurs
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm a huge fan of Emilio Navaira and his family and have had them in my prayers since this terrible accident happened. But, what I can't believe is how just 2 weeks after the accident they are asking for money $$$ for his brother and his family. I'm sure Raulito has some money saved up from all those years in the music business :wtf

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/latinnotes/archives/EmilioFundraiserFlyer1.JPG

According to longtime Navaira family friend JoEllen Garcia-DeLuna, the fund-raiser is billed as "benefiting Raulito Navaira & family." Raul is Emilio's brother.

"We have been talking to them (Raul's family) for a while. Obviously, they need it," said Garcia-DeLuna on Wednesday. "Raul's family doesn't have an income now. And we know there are others affected.

"We expect Josie (Raul's wife) and Raul to be there, depending, of course, on Emilio's condition."

BacktoBasics
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Fuck these people.

Mexicans will use any reason to have a BBQ fundraiser. fucks sake.

marini martini
04-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I guess they're not having music at the fundraiser.

Oh ,that's right, Emilio's laid up.

spursfan09
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh come on. These people are musicians that have been around for a long time. What the fuck have they done with all thier money?

Denver>SA
04-03-2008, 11:15 PM
you think these motherfuckers have $$$

whatever. they dont make more than 5K per show at fucking best. divide that 5K up between the band members, travel expenses, equiptment repair, they just make enough like the rest of us average folks.

Los Spurs
04-04-2008, 09:07 AM
you think these motherfuckers have $$$

whatever. they dont make more than 5K per show at fucking best. divide that 5K up between the band members, travel expenses, equiptment repair, they just make enough like the rest of us average folks.

This band has been around since the early 80's. If they don't have any money saved up by now then there's a problem. I would be knocking on their financial advisers door by now... :bang

BacktoBasics
04-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Not only that but if they're really isn't any nest egg go get a fucking job or do what every other Mexican American does and fake an injury for disability.

peewee's lovechild
04-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Not only that but if they're really isn't any nest egg go get a fucking job or do what every other Mexican American does and fake an injury for disability.

Or go pick some cotton.

Denver>SA
04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
raulito does have a real job. he works in a lumber yard on the god damned south side. go ask for him by name at mccoys.

Los Spurs
04-13-2008, 03:16 PM
A Message from Raulito:

Update on EMILIO

thank you again for all your prayers.

today my brother ate on his own and was whispering to us.

because of all your prayers he is getting stronger by the hour.

everyday gives us hope that soon he will be himself and will thank you himself.

god bless all of you!
and soon to be with you again Emilio and Raulito

PEP
04-13-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm sure Emilio's insurance probably isnt covering his expenses, especially since he wasnt licensed to drive the bus and he was probably not wearing a seatbelt.

AlamoSpursFan
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Technically he didn't need a special license since it was considered a private vehicle. Had he been hauling paying passengers, he would have needed a CDL Class B (or C if the bus didn't have airbrakes, which I'm pretty sure it did) with a P endorsement.

remingtonbo2001
04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Brain Surgry ain't cheap.

And as much as MTV would like you to believe, most musicians don't make absurds amount of cash. Yeah, reasonably well for what they do, but they usually don't recieve the discounted insurance, or covered insurance you have with major coporations.

Musicians usually earn middle class wage (if they're decent)

However, they get to do a job which, IMO is pretty awesome.

My prayers go out to this individual and his family. It's nice to hear he is making signficant progress.

BacktoBasics
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Brain Surgry ain't cheap.

And as much as MTV would like you to believe, most musicians don't make absurds amount of cash. Yeah, reasonably well for what they do, but they usually don't recieve the discounted insurance, or covered insurance you have with major coporations.

Musicians usually earn middle class wage (if they're decent)

However, they get to do a job which, IMO is pretty awesome.

My prayers go out to this individual and his family. It's nice to hear he is making signficant progress.He's done plenty of commercials and lives in a pretty lavious house with a ton of nice vehicles. He's made some good money.

fraga
04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
There's one thing to donate money for Medical bills...but donating money to his brother...cause he has no income now...WTF...get yo big ass to work...like everyone else if you need money...

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Emilio's condition upgraded. (http://www.ksat.com/news/15902118/detail.html)

Evan
04-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I figured he'd be headlining concerts in Heaven with Selena by now.

I'm gonna put his name in bigol Goth letters on my car if he dies.

AlamoSpursFan
04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm gonna put his name in bigol Goth letters on my car if he dies.

I have no idea why, but when I first read that my dyslexia kicked in and I thought it said bigol Garth letters.

Maybe I should cut back on the Schlitz...

Los Spurs
04-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Emilio's condition upgraded. (http://www.ksat.com/news/15902118/detail.html)

Thanks for the update...

And considering how damaged his bus looked after the accident, it's a true miracle how he's recovering so well.

http://imgsrv.kxtn.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200803/2214530.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Emilio walks. (http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/15960356/detail.html)

Los Spurs
04-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Emilio walks. (http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/15960356/detail.html)

That's what I call a miracle... :toast

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Toxicology reports state Emilio was intoxicated at the time of the crash. (http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/16125893/detail.html)

mrsmaalox
05-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Wow. No one saw that coming! Poor guy,but i hope he serves as an example to his fans who might still drink and drive.

marini martini
05-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Wow. No one saw that coming! Poor guy,but i hope he serves as an example to his fans who might still drink and drive.

Or slap their wives around:married:

Heath Ledger
05-02-2008, 01:16 AM
What did he have a Mariachi band or something? Never heard of him

mrsmaalox
05-02-2008, 01:23 AM
What did he have a Mariachi band or something? Never heard of him

Tejano band I believe. I'm from west Texas so I didn't know about him either; but here in SA it's like everybody knows him.

Los Spurs
05-02-2008, 09:02 AM
I wonder if this means that he is going to have to give all the money back from the donations everyone has been making to him and the rest of the band members.

degenerate_gambler
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Wow. No one saw that coming!

I don't know about that..

It is Emilio we're talkin' about here.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2008, 10:41 AM
I wonder if this means that he is going to have to give all the money back from the donations everyone has been making to him and the rest of the band members.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *breath* BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

BacktoBasics
05-02-2008, 11:07 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *breath* BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

PEP
05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Intoxication assault

MannyIsGod
05-03-2008, 04:52 AM
Was he drunk?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Guess who was more than twice the legal limit? (http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/16205866/detail.html)

05-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Guess who was more than twice the legal limit? (http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/16205866/detail.html)

And this was a suprise?

Shame of it all is it probably won't make him change his ways.

ZStomp
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Why was HE driving the bus? Why would the 'leader' of the band be driving?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Why was HE driving the bus? Why would the 'leader' of the band be driving?

My guess is he was the most sober.