PDA

View Full Version : If Network Solutions doesn't like your domain's website, you're off the air

boutons_
03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9901496-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

Who appointed NetSol political censor?

Fucking fascists. Very probably, the US govt is involved, since NetSol is a US govt-sanctioned monopoly.

Yonivore
03-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Who owns the hosting server butt-ons?

Evan
03-24-2008, 10:38 AM
That goes for any hosting service. I can have mine taken down anyday if I do any number of things wrong.

Wild Cobra
03-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Boutons, why don't you do simple fact checking before getting your panties in a bunch? The owner of any property has the right to restrict usage as they see fit.

From the beginning of Network Solutions "Acceptable Use Policy (http://www.networksolutions.com/legal/aup.jsp)":

Prohibited Uses

I. You agree to comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations regarding use of all services delivered by Network Solutions. The following are prohibited uses of our services:

1. Transmission, distribution, uploading, posting or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, constitutes an illegal threat, violates export control laws, hate propaganda, fraudulent material or fraudulent activity, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. You may not transmit, distribute, or store material that contains a virus, "Trojan Horse," corrupted data, or any software or information to promote or utilize software or any of Network Solutions services to deliver unsolicited e-mail. You further agree not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.