PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Chris Wallace bashes Fox News

Twisted_Dawg
03-24-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiIK8jh3ZCE

I saw this clip this morning on MSNBC. Anybody know anything about this? I wonder if it was staged or if Chris Wallace actually was serious in criticizing the morning goofs on Fox and Friends? If he was serious I am surprised Murdoch hasn't fired him.

101A
03-24-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiIK8jh3ZCE

I saw this clip this morning on MSNBC. Anybody know anything about this? I wonder if it was staged or if Chris Wallace actually was serious in criticizing the morning goofs on Fox and Friends? If he was serious I am surprised Murdoch hasn't fired him.C. Wallace is who he is, and that's why he has the job he has, as the "legitimate" news guy - on the legitimate Sunday morning show. Just because he doesn't slant hard left like most journalists does mean there's anything wrong with his morals or ethics. He called this like he saw it, and had the balls to say it.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I think he is angling for Tucker Carlson's spot on MSNBC.

Doc Jerome
03-24-2008, 02:13 PM
The American electorate is getting wise to his network's scurrilous attacks, and he realizes that in the final analysis, he will be viewed as just a meaningless hack.

xrayzebra
03-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Chris Wallace, who is he, some kind of dimm-o-crap censor.

Or it could be he was hired by Fox News at the other side of the
story.

JoeChalupa
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I enjoy Tucker Carlson's show on MSNBC. He seems, although he is a conservative, to be a straight shooter.

Don Quixote
03-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Isn't Fox & Friends a "lite" show? A hybrid of news/entertainment/weather?

And why all the animosity toward Fox News? They may be right-leaning (this is debatable -- they employ Alan Colmes and Greta van Susteren, have Geraldo Rivera, Susan Esterich and Bob Bechtel (both libs), and Bill O'Reilley, who is also not a conservative), but even if they are, I'm not sure I see the problem.

Is the animosity toward FNC due to the fact that they are "biased"? If yes, then would I be correct in assuming that people would be equally nonplussed at MSNBC, CNN, the Big 3, the New Yuk Times, the S.F. Chronicle, and the Springfield Shopper?

If not, then is it simply because there is a "conservative" point of view out there?

inconvertible
03-24-2008, 10:05 PM
rise up chris, i guess you have had enough.....join the club.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
this is debatable:lol

Nbadan
03-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Chris Wallace sux...

"I didn't have any second thoughts about the substance because I still believe what I said was right," said Mr. Wallace. "But after the fact, you do think to yourself--on a professional level with colleagues I very much like and respect--should I have done that off camera?"

"It's a close call," said Mr. Wallace. "I'm not sure I'd do it again."

Link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/26/chris-wallace-regrets-spe_n_93448.html)

gtownspur
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
:lol

:lol

Don Quixote
03-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Fair enough. My question, though, is: what is it exactly about Fox News that makes the blogs, Hollywood, and liberals in general cringe?

Is it (a) their journalistic standards are sub-par and biased, or (b) they are conservative?

If your answer the the question is (a), their journalism sucks, I would say that you're stuck having to prove, then, that the rest of the MSM is not sub-par and biased. Do you really mean to say that CNN, MSNBC, et al, are not biased and completely fair? And second, if you're going to question Fox News on journalistic standards (a fair enough accusation, BTW), then you can't turn around and present to us half-baked stuff from blogs we've never heard of, or hatchet jobs on Republicans from equally biased sources. You have to be consistent to your standard of using ONLY unimpeachable and reliable sources.

If your answer is (b), they're conservative, then at least you're being honest, and I respect that.

Don Quixote
03-27-2008, 11:54 PM
they're sensationalist and bill shallow 'entertainment' as real news

making ignorant people think they're informed

Do you mean their Hollywood reporting? Yeah, I don't think that belongs alongside their hard news. But is Bill O'Reilley really more sensationalistic and shallow than Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews at MSNBC, or Paula Zahn and Larry King at CNN?

My point is, if you begrudge Fox News for their conservative viewpoint, then that's fine -- just be honest. But let's not pretend that their journalism or hard news reporting is any worse than anyone else in the media. They're certainly better than the nutty blogs that get linked to here. And, IMHO, their alleged right-wing bias is no more egregious or dishonest than the left-wing bias at the other media outlets.

Nbadan
03-28-2008, 12:03 AM
But is Bill O'Reilley really more sensationalistic and shallow than Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews at MSNBC, or Paula Zahn and Larry King at CNN?

Olbermann and King don't even belong in the same sentence.....

Don Quixote
03-28-2008, 12:21 AM
I loved Olbermann at Sportscenter! He used to be really good, and funny. He's obsessed with Bill O'Reilly and President Bush. If you like him, fine, but he's not appreciably better than any other nighttime newsman. He has a liberal viewpoint, and I imagine that's what gets him off the hook with bloggers.

King is a broadcasting icon, not known as a hard interviewer. As you probably know, he interviews alot of celebrities. Again, he has a following. But the fact that he specializes in "news lite" makes him like WHO exactly at Fox News?

My point is, Fox News isn't any worse or less biased than the others.

Nbadan
03-28-2008, 12:27 AM
My point is, Fox News isn't any worse or less biased than the others.

Faux News is propaganda...now unless your a great admirer of Goebbels, it's completely and utterly ineffective at being the govt. watch-dog for the public...

Don Quixote
03-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Faux News is propaganda.

Whew, sounds like an article of faith. And comparing the Administrations's press dept or Fox News to the Nazi Ministry of Propaganda is a stretch. Where do you get this stuff?

Okay, I'm not obligated, nor will I try to, defend everything that FoxNews has ever put on the air or reported. That's not my burden. All I am saying about the matter is that the SOLE reason that the Left hates Fox News is because of the viewpoint of a few of their personalities.

It's not their hard news reporting. They get their stories from Reuters and the AP just like everyone else.

It's not their journalistic credentials or the fact that they have a perspective. They're no worse than the others in that department.

But, I'd be willing to bet that if Olbermann, Matthews, Carville, and Begala, et al, moved over to Fox News, and kicked off the conservative guys (but everything else being the same), the same people who have hated Fox News would change their tune. Finally, they'd say, we have real reporting!

ChumpDumper
03-28-2008, 04:13 AM
Fox News' conservative bias is ordered from the top down. It's a willful, active bias. That said. you can dig news out of any source if you can sift through the biases.

George Gervin's Afro
03-28-2008, 07:58 AM
My favorite Fox News moments occurred during the 04 election ..Whoring the smearvets story for a couple weeks straight... I found it hillarious when Fox News would comment on the effectiveness of the smearvet ads. They boastfully commented on the low cost and short run of the commercials and the lasting effect they had on the election.. Of course they whored the story for 2 weeks.. EVERY FOx News show spoke of the smearvest and that ad.. they played the commercial all day long under the guise of news and essentially giving the ad free air time.. yet they were perplexed on how come the ad , whichonly played a few times, was so effective.. :rolleyes

Don Quixote
03-28-2008, 10:51 AM
And so you're admitting that you hate them because of their conservative bias.

I think I've adequately made my point. Moving on ...

George Gervin's Afro
03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
And so you're admitting that you hate them because of their conservative bias.

I think I've adequately made my point. Moving on ...

please do. :rolleyes

Find where i said i hate fox news? oh wait you can't so you might as well move on before you look even more foolish...

Spurminator
03-28-2008, 01:40 PM
they're sensationalist and bill shallow 'entertainment' as real news

making ignorant people think they're informed

Nail, head.