PDA

View Full Version : Question about Verizon Wireless Ampitheater

robino2001
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm looking at purchasing tickets as a present for the wife, but the seats I keep pulling up are a side section (105) which is fine with me, but the seat numbers are high teens. I'm concerned/I assume that the higher seat numbers are near the wall, therefore being an even more shitty angle - but I can't for the life of me find any map or anything that states which side is seat 1 and which side is the high end. I'm just attaching this image as a reference... I assume seat one is on the aisle with section 104 (on the right in this map) because the lower seat number typically is adjacent to the lower neighboring section number. I've never sat anywhere but the lawn at verizon, so has anyone gone to enough shows that they might remember off the top of their head if I'm right or not? Yes I've tried calling a few different places (including the stadium) but either I can't get a hold of anyone or no one knows. If I'm dropping that much money as a gift for the wife, I want to make sure I'm not getting the worst possible seats at the price.

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/dal/11363s.gif

midgetonadonkey
03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
What show are you going to see?

robino2001
03-24-2008, 03:55 PM
I was thinking about the Country megaticket deal for the wife - Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Toby Keith and Brad Paisley (all seperate shows). I'm not into country much at all, but she loves Rascal Flatts and Martina McBride - we would sell the Toby Keith tickets probably (neither of us like him), and I like Brad Paisley though she isn't too big on him. I was thinking of getting good seats as a surprise for her birthday in May, then the shows are June-October I believe - spaced out pretty well.

mrsmaalox
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I have sat in the last row of sec 101, really good place. But you are right with the higher numbers toward the wall. The only problem I have with those sections is it is not easy to get in or out of in a hurry. You kinda have to snake your way up stairs and sidewalks to get to the concession areas. And if it's crowded you'll be in line for a while. Other than that I've done lawn, 305 and 303, with 303 being my second choice.

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Iron Maiden is coming in May. With the full on Eddie stage show from the Powerslave Tour. I will be in attendance at this freaking show!!!

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Oh and I had Section 305 for Rush. Too damn far away, and the angle sucked ass.

robino2001
03-24-2008, 04:09 PM
So that's another thing, the options are section 303 for about 2/3-3/4 of the price of section 105, but I think the wife would get a kick out of just being so close - plus it's supposed to have better parking, vip tent access stuff (which all could be a gimmick, I know), but for her birthday it might be totally worth it. I also found a way to use the computer system to move me one row back but off of the wall (assuming the number system is really like that).

AlamoSpursFan
03-24-2008, 04:13 PM
We had front row in Section 303 for the first show ever at Verizon (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) and it was still too far away, but I could live with it.

Oh, and take out a second mortgage if you plan on drinking anything stronger than a coke.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Iron Maiden is coming in May. With the full on Eddie stage show from the Powerslave Tour. I will be in attendance at this freaking show!!!i want to go to that so bad, but The Police are up here in Dallas that same day. Those rat bastards aren't coming to Dallas. I'll just wait for the DVD

macdude06
03-24-2008, 05:02 PM
even the sides arent to bad..the only problem is the sun

robino2001
03-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I moved to lower numbered seats still in 105 one row further back, so they should still be alright. Now to refinance the mortgage to be able to pay for them :spin

UtownSpur
03-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Iron Maiden is coming in May. With the full on Eddie stage show from the Powerslave Tour. I will be in attendance at this freaking show!!!

Sec. 104 Row N! I am ready for May 21st.

Sonia_TX
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
I've never been there so I can't help you out but I just found out that some friends of mine are playing the Warped Tour (for a few dates) and the SA (Selma?) show will be at the Ampitheater. Guess I have to buy some tickets when they go on sale.