PDA

View Full Version : I'm no psychic but....

Jack Sommersset
03-24-2008, 07:38 PM
This is a great sign for the Spurs. Lakers have Gasol and Bynum injuried. Mavs have Dirk out. Yao out for Rockets. Keep ur eyes on injuried list and/or suspensions. History shows all three championships the Spurs won had this common occurence. Other teams star players are not in the mix when Spurs win championships.I know what some of you are thinking. No back to back championships so no matter who is on the floor the Spurs will lose this year. I say to you antagonistic folks those years in between, teams had a healthy, non suspended players. One of those years Timmay was out and Spurs were out first round too. I'm just saying there are signs pointing towards another run!!!!! Time will tell.
:reading

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
All I can say is that I'm glad you're a Grizzlies fan posting a jinx thread like this.

Rules of the jinx:

1. Whatever JimCS50 posts regarding the Spurs, the opposite will occur.
2. Never post threads about other teams' players injuries somehow helping your team win.
3. Never post threads about a series being "over" before it actually is.
4. Never post a thread with the score in the title proclaiming that one team is blowing out the other unless you want the losing team to come back...it always happens.
5. Don't change your underwear at any time during the 82 game season or playoffs.

Follow those five simple rules and you should not ever jinx your team again. Luckily for me your team is the Grizzlies.

DAF86
03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
is this a new and improved way of trolling?

:dont

George Gervin's Afro
03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
is this mouse?

Guajalote
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
A sincere thank you from the bottom of my heart, Jack. You may not be a psychic, but apparently I am. See post #10.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90214

Solid D
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Jack's earlier comments regarding Manu...

Ladies. Mangoo cannot be a starter. He is a wild unpredictable animal. He would get into foul trouble. Off the subject. When Mangoo was a child what was his pet llamas name?

:wakeup

Princess Pimp
03-25-2008, 02:11 AM
This is a great sign for the Spurs. Lakers have Gasol and Bynum injuried. Mavs have Dirk out. Yao out for Rockets. Keep ur eyes on injuried list and/or suspensions. History shows all three championships the Spurs won had this common occurence. Other teams star players are not in the mix when Spurs win championships.I know what some of you are thinking. No back to back championships so no matter who is on the floor the Spurs will lose this year. I say to you antagonistic folks those years in between, teams had a healthy, non suspended players. One of those years Timmay was out and Spurs were out first round too. I'm just saying there are signs pointing towards another run!!!!! Time will tell.

Yes indeed!

Indazone
03-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Ummm Suns are not injured.

Princess Pimp
03-25-2008, 02:24 AM

Keep ur eyes on injuried list and/or suspensions.

Trainwreck2100
03-25-2008, 04:31 AM

amare doesn't have a brain, i think that counts

eisfeld
03-25-2008, 04:46 AM

Oh rly?
Name one major injury to a team the Spurs played in the playoffs when they won the title. And KMart being out, Johnson wearing a face mask and Stoudemire being just plain stupid does not count.

genomefreak13
03-25-2008, 05:07 AM

It would never guarantee a championship, until we finally hear the final buzzer. But for all it's worth, it would certainly raise our chances of beating winning teams like Houston and the Lakers (which were having difficulty of doing lately). Dallas, would probably be doomed, if Dirk never shows up for the rest of the season.

The biggest thing that sets us apart between the 08 O'brien is the Celtics. Lets pray that Garnett falls into a season ending injury before the season ends - or better yet, even if he does play in the playoffs, he comes back into his annual habit of taking the bow in the first round.

SouthernFried
03-25-2008, 06:55 AM
People around the league already fearing another Spurs championship?

Too funny.

101A
03-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Pop limits the minutes of his stars, and doesn't get that caught up in W/L during the regular season. The less time a player spends on the court, the less opportunity for injury. If the other teams fail to utilize this strategy & their players get injured, is it "luck" for the Spurs who get to take advantage of that? When Grant Hill or Shaq go down in the next couple of weeks? Didn't we all predict that could happen? Is that bad luck, or is it something Kerr should have taken into account before he made BOTH of those guys vital parts of his team's rotation...starters even?

I say it's by design.

hater
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM

they don't need to. they have a coach with a vagina

LilMissSPURfect
03-25-2008, 09:14 AM
amare doesn't have a brain, i think that counts

http://www.ri.net/schools/East_Greenwich/Cole/handicapp.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

dogzofwar
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
is this a new and improved way of trolling?

:dont
:toast That is some cherry flavored BS.

E20
03-25-2008, 09:33 AM
If the Spurs win it all, it's gonna be an asterik season................:depressed

SpurAddict561
03-25-2008, 09:54 AM
All 3?

I could've swore we had 4....hmm

eisfeld
03-25-2008, 10:58 AM
All 3?

I could've swore we had 4....hmm

*lol* didn't even see that mistake!

spursfanLA
03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Pop limits the minutes of his stars, and doesn't get that caught up in W/L during the regular season. The less time a player spends on the court, the less opportunity for injury. If the other teams fail to utilize this strategy & their players get injured, is it "luck" for the Spurs who get to take advantage of that? When Grant Hill or Shaq go down in the next couple of weeks? Didn't we all predict that could happen? Is that bad luck, or is it something Kerr should have taken into account before he made BOTH of those guys vital parts of his team's rotation...starters even?

I say it's by design.

good point 101A, what a stupid coach suns has who plays only 8 players total. what is the purpose of having bench if he is gonna play starters for all 48 minutes.

Jack Sommersset
03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
*lol* didn't even see that mistake!

Since when did anyone count the strike season as a championship. Someone said in this thread to name names of injured players. Chris Weber, Dirk Nowitzki 4,5years ago were out durning the playoff series that lead to a championship. And yes Weber actually was a great player back then and the Kings were as well. Dirk went down in game 3 at home and could have even the series 2-2.If I have time I will look up past series and exact years. Of course last year Amare and Dias were out.(suspensions) They beat the Suns. Those Warriors took care of the 67 wins the Mavericks came in with so Spurs had no need to bother with those guys. What was suppose to be a tough west, just like this year turned out to be a weak final 4 with even the Pistons falling to the Lebrons. None of this is the Spurs fault. They took advantage of it. Spurs are not a lock by any means this year. Lakers can get healthy real fast. Jazz can continue to grow.Mavs can be a problem if they even make it at this point. Suns will be interesting to say the least. Warriors are streaky but this year they are in the hunt only a few games out of 1st. I'm not counting much from Hornets,first timers or Rockets,no Yao I am just saying with the injuires to the 4 players I mentioned hurt this year reminds of older days. Its an opinion based on who the Spurs actually played durning the championship runs and who was hurt. Thats it. All I know is when Duncan was out years ago they lost in first round. Understandable and everyone knew the Spurs had no chance that year without Duncan. God forbid you mention teams without there studs some find offence. I love the NBA. I don't or ever had a favorite. Deja vu this year. Maybe. Still 3-4 weeks left but keep a eye on the injuried list.

thispego
03-25-2008, 12:12 PM
yep.. 82 game regular season can be tough

Spurminator
03-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Since when did anyone count the strike season as a championship. Someone said in this thread to name names of injured players. Chris Weber, Dirk Nowitzki 4,5years ago were out durning the playoff series that lead to a championship. And yes Weber actually was a great player back then and the Kings were as well. Dirk went down in game 3 at home and could have even the series 2-2.If I have time I will look up past series and exact years. Of course last year Amare and Dias were out.(suspensions) They beat the Suns. Those Warriors took care of the 67 wins the Mavericks came in with so Spurs had no need to bother with those guys. What was suppose to be a tough west, just like this year turned out to be a weak final 4 with even the Pistons falling to the Lebrons. None of this is the Spurs fault. They took advantage of it. Spurs are not a lock by any means this year. Lakers can get healthy real fast. Jazz can continue to grow.Mavs can be a problem if they even make it at this point. Suns will be interesting to say the least. Warriors are streaky but this year they are in the hunt only a few games out of 1st. I'm not counting much from Hornets,first timers or Rockets,no Yao I am just saying with the injuires to the 4 players I mentioned hurt this year reminds of older days. Its an opinion based on who the Spurs actually played durning the championship runs and who was hurt. Thats it. All I know is when Duncan was out years ago they lost in first round. Understandable and everyone knew the Spurs had no chance that year without Duncan. God forbid you mention teams without there studs some find offence. I love the NBA. I don't or ever had a favorite. Deja vu this year. Maybe. Still 3-4 weeks left but keep a eye on the injuried list.

Keep your eye out for people who post without paragraphs. History shows that these posts typically are not worth reading.

Ishta
03-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I can't believe I just wasted my time reading this.

Jack Sommersset
03-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Keep your eye out for people who post without paragraphs. History shows that these posts typically are not worth reading.

Keep your eyes on the injury reports. History shows Spurs win championships those years with key players on them.

Go Spurs Go!!!!!

eisfeld
03-25-2008, 12:54 PM

Ouch, you should do your homework correctly. First of all the Spurs did not play the Kings in the play offs in the year they won a title. Go check it on www.basketball-reference.com. You can't count the Warriors beating the Mavs last year. If you do so you could put an asterisk on every championship any team won in the past. Please come back when you master the art of trolling.

Jack Sommersset
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Trolling. If that what makes you sleep at night. I don't hate any team.

The first year the Spurs won the championship. 2002 0r 2003. Again I will look when I have time to be accurate for the nerds. My point was Weber went down and Dirk went down durning the playoffs that year. I remember some more players did as well.I think Rick Fox for the Lakers. Theres more players. Spurs played the Lakers and Mavs but not the Kings. If Weber was healthy..........

I only put an asterisk next to the 99 season as many, many people. Take the Miami Heat win the year before. They played a healthy/suspended free Mavericks and Pistons. They won. The Pistons a few years back beat the Lakers and a very very tough Pacers team with Miller,Artest and O'neal. The Pistons won against healthy/suspended teams. The Lakers with Shaq and Kobe did 3 in a row agaisnt healthy tough teams. The Rockets won two of the same. But that was when Jordon retired for two years. Maybe a argument there. Of course 6 out of 8 for the greatest player in the history of the game. He won. He just won.

Thats as far as I care to go back. I have work to do. I used paragraphs for that one nerd. I just saying there is a trend happening. And that trend seems to help the Spurs. Maybe a Spur will get hurt or maybe every player (except Yao) will make it back before playoffs begin that are hurt now. FYI. A good good sign will Rockets vs Spurs 1st round! We will see.

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!

phyzik
03-25-2008, 02:57 PM

The first year the Spurs won the championship. 2002 0r 2003.

DAINTX
03-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Just another dumb ass troll. Virtually every year the championship is significantly influenced by the injuries that occur around the league. So, every year you can make the case that the eventual champion was "lucky" because rivals at one level or another had injuries. It's always part of the game. Sommersset you are, as the saying goes, a master of the obvious. If that's too complicated for you, it's another way of saying "dumb ass".

Jack Sommersset
03-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Can you please name other teams that made runs that are considered "Lucky". Spurs, Heat and Pistons are the only teams that have not won back to backs since the mid 80's. So Are the Lakers "lucky" for winning 3 in a row, Houston 2, Bulls 3 twice, Pistons 2 etc..... Did injuries assit them? Or suspensions? I will answer that. NO.

Again the Pistons and Heat of recent championships beat healthy teams. Spurs cannot ssay this. They can't. I'm not making this up. They can't.

This thread started off innocently. Sorry that I am bias to the NBA. I don't have a favorite and I certainly donot hate any team. I am being paid to talk to strangers on the internet. I have to earn my paycheck. Stop writting non-sense to me. I have to work! God bless everyone.

Go Spurs Go.

eisfeld
03-25-2008, 05:02 PM

The first year the Spurs won the championship. 2002 0r 2003. Again I will look when I have time to be accurate for the nerds. My point was Weber went down and Dirk went down durning the playoffs that year. I remember some more players did as well.I think Rick Fox for the Lakers. Theres more players. Spurs played the Lakers and Mavs but not the Kings. If Weber was healthy..........

Fox went down but played all games for the Lakers against the Spurs, so did Dirk. With the way you are thinking you could also argue that the Heat won because Dirk choked and the Mavs won in the WCF because Ginobili fouled Dirk. There will always be if's but fact is the Team which is good enough and has a bit of luck wins. What if Jordan was injured, or Bird went down...

DAINTX
03-25-2008, 09:45 PM
It's not simply who you meet in the Finals that tells the tale. It's whether or not the team(s) that give you matchup problems even get there, and THAT is many times due to how healthy THEY are as they are attempting to work their way through the playoffs. Many factors play, injuries being one of them. But if you discount the fact that teams you match up well against may have gotten to the big dance because of injuries to some teams you WOULDN'T match up well against, then you are being simplistic and only looking at one level of "luck". Matchups are what it's about.

rob5
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
that's true no matter who wins a Championship. example- Lakers won in 2000 when Duncan was out with knee injury.

remingtonbo2001
03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm confused.

How the FUCK did this guy get past registration?

Wasn't the IQ test implemented? :pctoss

Jack Sommersset
03-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Ha, so so funny u are. Anyways you all know I am right. You heard all this before. Again not Spurs fault but easiest route to championships because of other teams mis fortunes. I am moving on to other threads. Peace!

Go Spurs Go