PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

Hank the Tank
03-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Anybody gonna pick it up today?

It might not be as popular as the Halos and Guitar Heros, but FFVII is pretty popular among JRPG fans.

whatever the case, i cant wait to pick it up.

E20
03-25-2008, 09:36 AM
The orginial FF7 was awesome, my fave RPG and PS1 game. :tu, haven't kept up with all the sequels which fuck everything up.

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I actually liked FF6 more than I did 7. That being said, 7 had way more of an impact on both RPGs and the gaming industry itself. But, still, Kefka would own Sephiroth.

E20
03-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I actually liked FF6 more than I did 7. That being said, 7 had way more of an impact on both RPGs and the gaming industry itself. But, still, Kefka would own Sephiroth.
Dude be real now. A clown/jester over Seph......................He'd shiskabob Kefka's ass.

stretch
03-25-2008, 12:14 PM
FF5 I liked the most, especially for the GBA. The job system gives you a lot more versatility and the game in general has a LOT of sidequests. Plus its probably the hardest and longest one of the 3 made for the SNES/GBA. In fact, FF4, 5, and 6 in the GBA all kick ass, because of the added sidequests and difficulty. They also got rid of some of the cheap glitches in them, such as the way you can duplicate weapons in FF4, or the "vanish/doom or x-zone" trick in FF6.

But I always liked 5 just a bit more than 4 and 6. But those 3 are the best of all FF's ever made, period. Fuck all the rest.

and Chrono Trigger was better than most of the FF's as well. I wish they would remake that one for the GBA.

ATRAIN
03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
7 was the only RPG that I have ever played and I loved it. I have I think 12 but have not touched it in a long time.

Hank the Tank
03-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Have to say my top 5 FFs would be:
1. VII
2. IV
3. Tactics
4. IX
5. X (or VI)

The low 2
FFX-2 and FF Tactics advance

and yeah....chrono trigger was a kickass game stretch. tied with 7 for favorite game.

E20
03-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Now that I think about it. FF7 is even more badasser than I thought.

stretch
03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Now that I think about it. FF7 is even more badasser than I thought.
and yet it still sucks monkeyfuck.

tlongII
03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Life is just a fantasy. Can you live this fantasy life?

Leetonidas
03-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I like FF6 as much as the next guy, but come on, Sephiroth would bend Kefka over and shove his masamune up his ass.

That being said, the new game looks pretty sweet, but I do not have a PSP. :depressed

stretch
03-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I like FF6 as much as the next guy, but come on, Sephiroth would bend Kefka over and shove his masamune up his ass.

That being said, the new game looks pretty sweet, but I do not have a PSP. :depressed
Well General Leo would kick all their asses. It sucked that you could only play with him for like 1 fight.

monosylab1k
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
FF2 was the best, with Cecil & Kain and the biggest badass in FF history, Yang.

And yeah Chrono-Trigger > any Final Fantasy game.

stretch
03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
General Leo > Yang

stretch
03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
General Leo > Cecil & Kain

stretch
03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
General Leo > Jeffdrums

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 05:26 PM
:lol GeneralLeoDynasty? No, I still contend that Kefka would own Sephiroth. Based on the fact that Kefka *succeeded* in becoming a god, and in remaking the world as he saw fit. Magus from Chrono Trigger was the shit, also.

alamo50
03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
FF VII is the greatest game I ever played.
When I look at it now, I can't stand the melody in the game anymore.
It has created trauma for me!
But damn that was cool to wander of into that world.

:wakeup

Hank the Tank
03-25-2008, 06:12 PM
wow...im surprised to see a few people still enjoy ff7...more haters nowadays anyway.

this scene haunted me as a little kid. my lvl 52 aeris....gone...

9qnyxd7Vq0Q

NASpurs
03-25-2008, 06:22 PM
I was going to get it but then I remember I had bills to pay. :pctoss

I'll get it next week. The reviews seem solid.

E20
03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
and yet it still sucks monkeyfuck.
Give me whatever you are on. :lol

IMO FF7 had a good story, good character delevopment, good battle system/equip system (simple, but lots of combinations). But yeah I'm sort of sick of the game, because I've played it too many times. Beat it 9 times and on the 10th replay I just stopped playing I was aiming for a perfect run at the 10th replay, but stopped during stat maxing.

Leetonidas
03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
:lol GeneralLeoDynasty? No, I still contend that Kefka would own Sephiroth. Based on the fact that Kefka *succeeded* in becoming a god, and in remaking the world as he saw fit. Magus from Chrono Trigger was the shit, also.
And in the end he got fucked in the ass by a green haired bitch. Suck it.

E20
03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Dude Seph can do such good Calculus and Physics and medievil art that he can summon a supernova. PWN3D!!!!! That > God.

E20
03-25-2008, 08:46 PM
All the FF baddies beocme some supreme being in the end that get fucked. Seph is the most badass. He made the sword weilding gray haired bad ass a staple in everything.

E20
03-25-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm replaying FFIX just so everybody knows. GODDAMN this is gonna sound gay, but Vivi is so fucking CUTE I love that little badass.

Hank the Tank
03-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm replaying FFIX just so everybody knows. GODDAMN this is gonna sound gay, but Vivi is so fucking CUTE I love that little badass.
:lmao that did sound gay....he is pretty sweet though. him and blank are my fav. characters in 9. kuja would be one awesome villain.....if he didnt look like a complete girl and wear a thong. appearence makes a difference.

damn i need to get 9 again. first though, crisis core tomorrow. :hungry:

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
:lmao that did sound gay....he is pretty sweet though. him and blank are my fav. characters in 9. kuja would be one awesome villain.....if he didnt look like a complete girl and wear a thong. appearence makes a difference.

damn i need to get 9 again. first though, crisis core tomorrow. :hungry:
Fuck you, man. I'm inviting a LOT of gay jokes at my expense here, but I didn't mind Kuja looking like a girl or wearing a thong. The fact that he did both of those, for me, enhanced the fact that he was fucking *insane*, which is always good. Was I the only one who played IX and thought that Beatrix was made of win and awesome?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Sephiroth would have cut out Kefka's heart and eaten it on a stick.

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Sephiroth got owned by a blond, spiky-haired emo kid. Fuck, I need to play Tactics again, now. :lol Now *those* were some badass antagonists!

Cant_Be_Faded
03-25-2008, 09:37 PM
jenova's mind construct cloned out version of sephiroth got owned by a spiky haired emo kid, and then a mutated fallen god version of sephiroth got owned by a spiky haired emo kid and two other insanely powerful friends of his.

The real sephiroth never really fought cloud one on one. But i haven't seen advent children, so.

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 09:41 PM
jenova's mind construct cloned out version of sephiroth got owned by a spiky haired emo kid, and then a mutated fallen god version of sephiroth got owned by a spiky haired emo kid and two other insanely powerful friends of his.

The real sephiroth never really fought cloud one on one. But i haven't seen advent children, so.
Eh, I watched after hearing all the hype about it. Mind you, I did this at an anime convention, so my clearly audible "....That's it?" was *not* well received.

Leetonidas
03-25-2008, 09:43 PM

FFIX is the best one in my opinion. I feel unless you completely grasp the entire story line, you probably won't like it.

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 09:48 PM
FFIX is the best one in my opinion. I feel unless you completely grasp the entire story line, you probably won't like it.
As far as FFs go, my list is this.

1: 6
2: 9
3: Tactics
4: 7
5: 4
6: 5
7: 10
8: 1
9: 2
10: 10-2
Haven't played 8 all the way through.

But Xenogears would definitely top my list of RPGs in general, tied with Chrono Trigger.

Hank the Tank
03-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Fuck you, man. I'm inviting a LOT of gay jokes at my expense here, but I didn't mind Kuja looking like a girl or wearing a thong. The fact that he did both of those, for me, enhanced the fact that he was fucking *insane*, which is always good. Was I the only one who played IX and thought that Beatrix was made of win and awesome?
beatrix is my favorite girl character in any FF.

dont agree with the rest though. im not into that shit...kuja had some badass music though (both theme and trance kuja).

speaking of music, there is another reason sephiroth kicks ass. SEPHIROTH!!!

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 09:56 PM
beatrix is my favorite girl character in any FF.

dont agree with the rest though. im not into that shit...kuja had some badass music though (both theme and trance kuja).

speaking of music, there is another reason sephiroth kicks ass. SEPHIROTH!!!
:lol I'll give you that. One Winged Angel is, and always will be, my favorite FF song, closely followed by Dark Messenger (Trance Kuja's theme). I wake up to Dark Messenger every morning.

Hank the Tank
03-25-2008, 10:05 PM
As far as FFs go, my list is this.

1: 6
2: 9
3: Tactics
4: 7
5: 4
6: 5
7: 10
8: 1
9: 2
10: 10-2
Haven't played 8 all the way through.

But Xenogears would definitely top my list of RPGs in general, tied with Chrono Trigger.

xenogears was alright...that 2nd disc though.... :sleep .....still pretty damn good. and CT is a masterpiece.

i see 10-2..on rock bottom.....WHERe iT FUCKIN BELONGS!!! OMG!! hate that game...makes me want to throw up.

....hehehe.....

kWlCzbHbgxI

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 10:15 PM
xenogears was alright...that 2nd disc though.... :sleep .....still pretty damn good. and CT is a masterpiece.

i see 10-2..on rock bottom.....WHERe iT FUCKIN BELONGS!!! OMG!! hate that game...makes me want to throw up.

....hehehe.....

kWlCzbHbgxI
Yeah, the 2nd disc was a little meh, but I played it with two friends of mine. We played through the game and voiced each of the characters, so it was a lot of fun.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-25-2008, 11:36 PM
earthbound > american ff2

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 11:39 PM
earthbound > american ff2
I have Earthbound and FF4J/FF2US on about the same level, myself. Below the juggernauts that are FF9/Tactics/6/7, Xenogears, Star Ocean 2+3, and Valkyrie Profile, but above FF5/3j/2j/1, etc.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Tactics is a game that should have been made on a grander scale and three times as long.

I mean they should have let you use 10+ characters per battle on a map 5 times as great as the ones commonly used. FFT was amazing for its time, still amazing when I bust it out, but these days it leaves me wanting more.....I have heard there are some new tactics games in the FFT vein that actually do this, but I haven't upgraded from ps2 so oh well

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Tactics is a game that should have been made on a grander scale and three times as long.

I mean they should have let you use 10+ characters per battle on a map 5 times as great as the ones commonly used. FFT was amazing for its time, still amazing when I bust it out, but these days it leaves me wanting more.....I have heard there are some new tactics games in the FFT vein that actually do this, but I haven't upgraded from ps2 so oh well
I can see that. It's fun to write fanfiction about though, because its story has a lot of alternate possible ways to go.

monosylab1k
03-26-2008, 12:18 AM
None of these fags listed can even touch Yang from FF2. The Achoo Kick owns all.

timvp
03-26-2008, 12:20 AM
I haven't played RPGs since I was about 16 (I retired after FF VII) but all I gotta say is Phantasy Star 1 > all. That's the only game I've played beaten multiple times just because it was so fun to play. My first time through the game I made it to the very end but I couldn't figure out what to do to officially beat the game. After trying everything, I finally figured it out like two years later.

But yeah, that game was awesome. It rocked my seven year old mind (well, seven through nine year old mind, technically). Do they still make that series?

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:23 AM
I haven't played RPGs since I was about 16 (I retired after FF VII) but all I gotta say is Phantasy Star 1 > all. That's the only game I've played beaten multiple times just because it was so fun to play. My first time through the game I made it to the very end but I couldn't figure out what to do to officially beat the game. After trying everything, I finally figured it out like two years later.

But yeah, that game was awesome. It rocked my seven year old mind (well, seven through nine year old mind, technically). Do they still make that series?
I think the last Phantasy Star game that was released was Universe. Personally, my favorites were II and IV.

timvp
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
I think the last Phantasy Star game that was released was Universe. Personally, my favorites were II and IV.Two was good. I don't know if I played IV. But it's all about 1.

:smokin

P.S.

FF 1 was horrible. I hated that game. But they did get pretty good. FFVII was pretty damn good from what I remember.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Anyone besides me, in my infinite and unending nerditude, play Shining Force 1 or 2?

monosylab1k
03-26-2008, 12:30 AM
i know this won't sit well with the SquareSoft lovers, but as far as old school RPG's go, Secret Of Mana was the most overrated crap ever.

timvp
03-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Anyone besides me, in my infinite and unending nerditude, play Shining Force 1 or 2?:nerd Yeah, I forgot if I played one or both. Story was lame but I preferred that style of battle (or whatever it's called) to any other game I've played. It actually took some strategy.

Damn, that was a long time ago.

monosylab1k
03-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Anyone besides me, in my infinite and unending nerditude, play Shining Force 1 or 2?
I played 1 for a bit but just didn't get into it. I'm not real big on RPG's, but if I really get into a story I'll stick with it.

timvp
03-26-2008, 12:32 AM
i know this won't sit well with the SquareSoft lovers, but as far as old school RPG's go, Secret Of Mana was the most overrated crap ever.That was that cartoonish crap RPG right? Yeah that game sucked. Even worse than FF1.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:33 AM
i know this won't sit well with the SquareSoft lovers, but as far as old school RPG's go, Secret Of Mana was the most overrated crap ever.
I wouldn't say the *most* overrated, but it's definitely up there. I liked it okay, though. Seiken Densetsu 3 was better.

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 12:33 AM
who liked kingdom hearts??

the game that merged disney characters with square characters.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:34 AM
:nerd Yeah, I forgot if I played one or both. Story was lame but I preferred that style of battle (or whatever it's called) to any other game I've played. It actually took some strategy.

Damn, that was a long time ago.
I consider Shining Force 1 and 2 strategy RPGs or tactical RPGs. I had fun with them, though. :lol God, I'm such a nerd.

monosylab1k
03-26-2008, 12:34 AM
That was that cartoonish crap RPG right? Yeah that game sucked. Even worse than FF1.
Yeah that's the one. The one where you ride the dragon that looks exactly like the big white thing from Neverending Story.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:35 AM
who liked kingdom hearts??

the game that merged disney characters with square characters.
Own 'em both. Beat the second one in a weekend, but :lol that was because I got it over summer break when everyone was out of town.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Ok, nerd check. Who here has played Valkyrie Profile?

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok, nerd check. Who here has played Valkyrie Profile?
absolutely love that game....sadly never beat it....and dont own it either. :depressed

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm lucky enough to. My best friend gave it to me as a going away present when I moved away from SA. Soooo much fun, especially because I <3 Norse myth.

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 12:43 AM
the music in that game was top notch...as was the unique battle system.

i also enjoyed the depressing story,

Nibalong Valesti!! (sp)

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Nibelung Valesti. :lol Holy shit, and people wonder why I say I'm a colossal turbo-nerd....:lmao As I'm sitting at my computer in a Venom shirt and a G1 Megatron jacket.

E20
03-26-2008, 12:46 AM
My favorite soundtracks are from VII and IX, some of the shit is really melancholy and makes me sad and almost emo, that's when I slap myself and put on eye of the tiger.

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 12:47 AM
hey man. i just got a good memory....that and she says it almost every battle.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:48 AM
My favorite soundtracks are from VII and IX, some of the shit is really melancholy and makes me sad and almost emo, that's when I slap myself and put on eye of the tiger.
Sad and melancholy /= emo, yo.

Leetonidas
Is this like the official RPG discussion?

timvp
First semi-RPG style game I ever played was Golvellius. Anyone ever play that?

E20
03-26-2008, 12:49 AM
IMO One of the best soundtracks of all time was from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. We gotta have a GTG and we all gotta dress up and shit.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:49 AM
First semi-RPG style game I ever played was Golvellius. Anyone ever play that?
Nope. My first RPG was Dragon Warrior 1.

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 12:50 AM
:lol i agree. my fav. 2 FF soundtracks for sure.

not all sad though...some badass - like FF7 boss and FF9 trance kuja.

Leetonidas
03-26-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm pretty sure mine would be, of course, Final Fantasy 1.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-26-2008, 12:52 AM
A slime draws near! The slime attacks! Thou art dead.

I loved that game. I can still remember how to walk through the swamp cave without a torch and that there's an axe knight guarding the armor behind the weapons shop in Hauksness. Maybe someday I'll be able to sell easjer on the idea of naming our first born Erdrick.

Hank the Tank
mine too....hated it...hated it...."A slime draws near..." URG

the other one i had on the nes was Willow. (I dont consider LOZ a RPG)

timvp
I played almost all of them on sega or nintendo from like '88 to '97. I have forgotten most of the titles but I'd remember if I saw them most likely.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Legend of Dragoon, anyone?

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 12:55 AM
A slime draws near! The slime attacks! Thou art dead.

I loved that game. I can still remember how to walk through the swamp cave without a torch and that there's an axe knight guarding the armor behind the weapons shop in Hauksness. Maybe someday I'll be able to sell easjer on the idea of naming our first born Erdrick.
:lol we both have very different experiences with that game....i guess i was just too young when i played it.

timvp
03-26-2008, 12:56 AM
http://media.gamestats.com/gg/image/object/006/006050/valleyofdoomfrontboxart_160w.jpg

Someone else had to have played this. Sega circa 1987 . . .

P.S.

ROFL @ "now with password save"

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Rimuldar was the place to get cheap keys. You got a silver harp from the Grave of Garham that would summon monsters. That Golem thing was guarding Cantlin. It's all coming back to me.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Rimuldar was the place to get cheap keys. You got a silver harp from the Grave of Garham that would summon monsters. That Golem thing was guarding Cantlin. It's all coming back to me.
Of the old-school DW/DQ games, I'd say 3 or 4 was my fave.

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 01:02 AM
You have to love nostalgia. It makes all these games that much better and special. Kids nowadays will probably never give any of them a chance now.

same with me and FFVII and Parasite eve.

anyone play Parasite eve?

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 01:04 AM
I played Parasite Eve. But I've got a lot of nostalgia that's way older than me. I'm an old-school nerd at the age of 19.

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 01:08 AM
I played Parasite Eve. But I've got a lot of nostalgia that's way older than me. I'm an old-school nerd at the age of 19.
im kinda the same. i didnt like a lot of rpgs back in the snes (foolish of me, i know) and nes (especially the nes) era. FF2 (4), chrono trigger, and super mario rpg were about the only ones i liked. i was more into LOZ, contra, mario, mario kart, blah blah...too many to list now that i think about it.

if i wanted my rpg fix, d&d did it.

that all really changed with 7 though.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 01:09 AM
I was always a gamer-of-all-trades, to some extent. I mostly play RPGs, but I can play almost anything. Except FPS.

Hank the Tank
03-26-2008, 01:13 AM
I was always a gamer-of-all-trades, to some extent. I mostly play RPGs, but I can play almost anything. Except FPS.
you're missing out man. you should give COD4 a try anyway.

Mister Sinister
03-26-2008, 01:27 AM
you're missing out man. you should give COD4 a try anyway.
Ehh...I'm just not an FPS person. Outside of Perfect Dark, I can't play them.

Hank the Tank
04-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I felt the need to bump this thread since I just beat it and I must say that this is one of the better games I've played in a long while.

If you were like me and played 7 when it came out in 97 then you MUST get this game. It is a wonderful experience....and the ending.....great.

Oh and this game changed my opinion on Cloud entirely....Cloud has been my favorite video game character for 10 years.....that changed today.

Zack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cloud

SA Pride
04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
^^From the sound of this, I may need to get a PSP. How was the gameplay?

Mister Sinister
04-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I felt the need to bump this thread since I just beat it and I must say that this is one of the better games I've played in a long while.

If you were like me and played 7 when it came out in 97 then you MUST get this game. It is a wonderful experience....and the ending.....great.

Oh and this game changed my opinion on Cloud entirely....Cloud has been my favorite video game character for 10 years.....that changed today.

Zack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cloud
Oh, dude, I knew that from my first playthrough of FF7. Cloud *sucks*.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-02-2008, 10:51 PM
lol at whoever said secret of mana is overrated

first of all, that's like calling a cult classic movie with 1 in 1000000 movie watchers a member overrated

ask anyone new you meet about your age if they have ever played it.....the argument is flawed from the start.

Second of all, while overrated amongst the cult of its fans, that is nothing worthy of note....because that is hte nature of a cult classic.

Third, it had two player capabilities, something RPG's rarely still had when i stopped playing them back in early 2000's. But yeah, it was very easy, the storyline was childish, but I would never call that game overrated. It put Square over the top in the market and allowed them to bring over Chrono Trigger and Secret of Evermore.
Chrono Trigger--now that game fucking PWNT all. New Game+ >> you.

Also, Ogre Battle 3: March of the Black Queen put Final Fantasy tactics to shame in many aspects. It was non linear, and had like 20 different endings. I bought a copy a few years ago and still bust it out.....if Square would have learned anything from the company that made OB3, they would have made the maps insanely huge and allow many more than just 5 freakin units.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh, dude, I knew that from my first playthrough of FF7. Cloud *sucks*.

I don't have the ability to play other FF7 related games, and still have not seen Advent Children, but Cloud still owns. He's not the best, but think about all the Square primary protagonists in a video game that has ever had much of a personality. Cloud was one of the first ones that ever actually spoke at length. That was great enough, just in itself.

Mister Sinister
04-02-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't have the ability to play other FF7 related games, and still have not seen Advent Children, but Cloud still owns. He's not the best, but think about all the Square primary protagonists in a video game that has ever had much of a personality. Cloud was one of the first ones that ever actually spoke at length. That was great enough, just in itself.
See:
Terra (6)
Cecil (4)

Mister Sinister
04-02-2008, 10:59 PM
lol at whoever said secret of mana is overrated

first of all, that's like calling a cult classic movie with 1 in 1000000 movie watchers a member overrated

ask anyone new you meet about your age if they have ever played it.....the argument is flawed from the start.

Second of all, while overrated amongst the cult of its fans, that is nothing worthy of note....because that is hte nature of a cult classic.

Third, it had two player capabilities, something RPG's rarely still had when i stopped playing them back in early 2000's. But yeah, it was very easy, the storyline was childish, but I would never call that game overrated. It put Square over the top in the market and allowed them to bring over Chrono Trigger and Secret of Evermore.
Chrono Trigger--now that game fucking PWNT all. New Game+ >> you.

Also, Ogre Battle 3: March of the Black Queen put Final Fantasy tactics to shame in many aspects. It was non linear, and had like 20 different endings. I bought a copy a few years ago and still bust it out.....if Square would have learned anything from the company that made OB3, they would have made the maps insanely huge and allow many more than just 5 freakin units.
I *think* that the Ogre Battle series was done by Enix, Square's then-competitor. Have you ever played its sequel, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, or any of the Fire Emblem games?

LaMarcus Bryant
04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
See:
Terra (6)
Cecil (4)

Yeah, I think Cloud talked more than both, and had more personality than both.
Never played Tactics Ogre but heard it had pros where FFT had cons and cons where FFT had pros.

Mister Sinister
04-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I think Cloud talked more than both, and had more personality than both.
Never played Tactics Ogre but heard it had pros where FFT had cons and cons where FFT had pros.
Ehh, I don't know about that. Cecil talked a shitload, and he had the whole going from Dark Knight to Paladin thing going for him. Terra, I'll give you on talking, but I still liked her better personality-wise. Cloud's about mid-tier on my list of RPG protags.

E20
04-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Dude, Cloud is fucking bad ass. His character story/history is really good and well developed, he's also bad ass because he got stabbed by Sephiroth shrugged it off picked up Sephirtoh with his sword while stabbed and threw him off, plus OMINSLASH FOR THE FUCKING WIN!!!! PW3D

This has to be the greatest sequence in a game:
rbyDfBnJZnw
Followed by this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCEG7xVA5d0&feature=related
Then this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toQJuRW4swY&feature=related.

LMAO @ Sephiroth using Omnislash, it's as if he's break dancing to the music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSHMU7kXiM

I gotta try the Vincent Glitch it is totally bad ass and brings reality to a video game, because if you get SHOT chances are you will die with only one bullet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovxL1wdjtI&feature=related

The Barret Ungarmax trick is pretty sick as well pwn3d Ruby Weapon badly, gotta try it, Barret on level 81, equip missing score+wizard bracelt+ribbon, then for materia equip cure+all (this will make his HP 7777, the 7777 trick or sneak attack, then equip the rest with mime+counter) The rest watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZeAWQiEus&feature=related

LaMarcus Bryant
04-02-2008, 11:45 PM
E20 is on his way to becoming an Angry RPG Nerd.

But on 'roids.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 12:25 AM
I've done the Barrett trick once or twice. :lol Surprisingly, though, not on that son of a bitch Emerald Weapon. Lousy Final Fantasy with your indecently difficult optional bosses. :lmao Guess that's why they're optional, though. But you know who was a *real* badass RPG villain? Zio, from Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millenium.

E20
04-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I've always though Emerald was easier than Ruby. My strategy for Emerald is as follows:
Party: Cloud, Cid, Vincent
Levels around 65-70
Weapons and Armor with triple/double ap
Materia: Main materia is mime, w-summon, and Knights of the round, I fill the rest of the slots with materia that I need to master.

Step 1:Get All Lucky 7777's for all party members.
Step 2: Use Omnislash
Step 3: Use Highwind
Step 4: Keep on miming Highwind, it'll hit 30 times for 7777 do this like 3 times and it's over.
Step 5. If for some reason your 7777 gets broken or your miming pattern, then I just w-summon Knights of the Round with vincent and Mime the shit out of it.

Ruby Weapon is pretty easy after I get Master Summon, I just Mime teh shit out of KOTR and the dude doesn't stand a chance.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 12:36 AM
I used Cloud, Barrett, and Red XIII, myself. Cloud was my W-Summoner/Attack Mage, Barrett was my insurance (Phoenix+Final Attack, as well as Mime, Comet, Neo Bahamut, and a few other summons and W-Magic), and Red XIII had a shit-ton of restore/support magic, Mime, and W-Item for elixir duping.

Trainwreck2100
04-03-2008, 03:38 AM
All this RPG talk and no KOTOR love

timvp
04-03-2008, 03:56 AM
Speaking of RPGs, is there anything lamer than using a strategy guide? Every time I see my younger brothers playing RPGs, they always have the strategy guide that just walks them right through the game ... eliminating any sort of thinking or element of surprise. Does anyone actually beat RPGs nowadays just by playing the game and figuring it out?

E20
04-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Speaking of RPGs, is there anything lamer than using a strategy guide? Every time I see my younger brothers playing RPGs, they always have the strategy guide that just walks them right through the game ... eliminating any sort of thinking or element of surprise. Does anyone actually beat RPGs nowadays just by playing the game and figuring it out?
I do the main story by myself, but once it comes to sidequests/secrets, there is no way I can stumble on that stuff by myself I use a guide for that.

stretch
04-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I've always though Emerald was easier than Ruby. My strategy for Emerald is as follows:
Party: Cloud, Cid, Vincent
Levels around 65-70
Weapons and Armor with triple/double ap
Materia: Main materia is mime, w-summon, and Knights of the round, I fill the rest of the slots with materia that I need to master.

Step 1:Get All Lucky 7777's for all party members.
Step 2: Use Omnislash
Step 3: Use Highwind
Step 4: Keep on miming Highwind, it'll hit 30 times for 7777 do this like 3 times and it's over.
Step 5. If for some reason your 7777 gets broken or your miming pattern, then I just w-summon Knights of the Round with vincent and Mime the shit out of it.

Ruby Weapon is pretty easy after I get Master Summon, I just Mime teh shit out of KOTR and the dude doesn't stand a chance.
$100 says out of 20 tries, you will not beat Omega in FF5. Not once, unless you look up some shit on how to beat him or something like that. Omega is the fucking hardest boss ever in all of FF. You can literally have every job level mastered, be at level 99, have all the right abilities, equipment, and jobs selected, do the exact sequence you are supposed to do to beat him, and still lose, because he is so fucking random and unfair. He gets like 4 to 5 turns for every ONE of yours. If you don't get first strike, then you may very well be fucked from the get go.

The thing that really pissed me off is that when I finally beat him, all I got was some stupid "Omega Medal" which did fucking absolutely nothing for you. Just a useless item which proves that you beat the motherfucker, and nothing more.

Dex
04-03-2008, 09:28 AM
http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/1INTRO.JPG

E20
04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
$100 says out of 20 tries, you will not beat Omega in FF5. Not once, unless you look up some shit on how to beat him or something like that. Omega is the fucking hardest boss ever in all of FF. You can literally have every job level mastered, be at level 99, have all the right abilities, equipment, and jobs selected, do the exact sequence you are supposed to do to beat him, and still lose, because he is so fucking random and unfair. He gets like 4 to 5 turns for every ONE of yours. If you don't get first strike, then you may very well be fucked from the get go.

The thing that really pissed me off is that when I finally beat him, all I got was some stupid "Omega Medal" which did fucking absolutely nothing for you. Just a useless item which proves that you beat the motherfucker, and nothing more.
I never played FF5, for some reason I could never get past the 1st scene, the one where they are on the ship and I think you are introduced to Kain, something would always come up and I would have to turn the ROM off. I guess Omega Weapon and FF8 is sort of similar in its hardness, but there is a cheap ass way to beat him and the evil summons in FFX, but FFX just sort of sucked for me.

E20
04-03-2008, 09:48 AM
CuckingFunt thinks this thread is gay I'd like to hear her illogical logic.

stretch
04-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I never played FF5, for some reason I could never get past the 1st scene, the one where they are on the ship and I think you are introduced to Kain, something would always come up and I would have to turn the ROM off. I guess Omega Weapon and FF8 is sort of similar in its hardness, but there is a cheap ass way to beat him and the evil summons in FFX, but FFX just sort of sucked for me.
Kain? He was in FF4. Do you play on an emulator? Did you get a bad rom or something?

E20
04-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Kain? He was in FF4. Do you play on an emulator? Did you get a bad rom or something?
In all honesty, I dont' know that Final Fantasy I play that isn't less than 6, because the names are f'ed. The ROM wasn't messed up, it was just that everytime I started something came up and I had to leave without even getting across the 1st scence, so FF5 is the one with General Leo (the Blue Magic/Enemy Skill guy)?

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 10:03 AM
In all honesty, I dont' know that Final Fantasy I play that isn't less than 6, because the names are f'ed. The ROM wasn't messed up, it was just that everytime I started something came up and I had to leave without even getting across the 1st scence, so FF5 is the one with General Leo (the Blue Magic/Enemy Skill guy)?
No, the badassery known as General Leo is from 6.

E20
04-03-2008, 10:07 AM
That's why I'll just stick to FFVII LOL

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I actually started playing X-2 again last night, and I need to move it up a few places on my list. I mean, yeah, you can easily call it paying 30 bucks to play Pretty Princess Dress-Up, but I enjoyed playing it.

stretch
04-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Leo didn't have Blue Magic. That was Strago. But yes, you are thinking of FF6.

FF5 goes back to the old theme of the Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind crystals. I think it was the most fun one I've ever played, because there were a lot of sidequests, and other things you can do. It's not as linear as FF4 or FF6.

Dex
04-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Holy crap. Bahamut Zero FTW.

w8VwaEv3z1M&NR

Great. Now I need to buy a PSP just for this stupid game.

stretch
04-03-2008, 01:07 PM
you should get a GBA or Nintendo DS just for FF4, FF5, and FF6. They are the original games, but after you beat them, they have additional dungeons and sidequests that are quite challenging and difficult, but add another 4-8 hours of gameplay and have some pretty neat things to do.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
you should get a GBA or Nintendo DS just for FF4, FF5, and FF6. They are the original games, but after you beat them, they have additional dungeons and sidequests that are quite challenging and difficult, but add another 4-8 hours of gameplay and have some pretty neat things to do.
+9001

NASpurs
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Hey geeks, guess what I just bought? :elephant

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Xenogears> FFVII

E20
04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Xenogears> FFVII
:rolleyes :dramaquee :wtf

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
No, I'm serious. I honestly enjoyed Xenogears more than FFVII. Now, that's not to deny the impact that FF7 had on the RPG genre, and the gaming industry as a whole, or that I love FF7, but I like Xenogears better.

E20
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Well since I don't, I'm just gonna say it: Cloud would slice the shit out of Fei's knees and rape that Gundam ripoff robot.

The reason I love FF7 so much is because of how badass the characters are, the story, the music, well basically I loved everything about it. So I'm biased LOL

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
So, you like FF7 for the same reasons that I like both it and Xenogears.

SA Pride
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
^^ Do you know where I can get a copy of Xenogears from? I've been looking for it for a while now. The internet pricing is pretty terrible.

E20
04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
So, you like FF7 for the same reasons that I like both it and Xenogears.
But you don't think Cloud's bad ass?

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 10:23 PM
^^ Do you know where I can get a copy of Xenogears from? I've been looking for it for a while now. The internet pricing is pretty terrible.
There's a damn good reason for the pricing. Besides, you think that's bad, check prices for Valkyrie Profile.

E20, no, I don't. I dislike Cloud as a character. Deal with it.

timvp
04-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Which one is Chrono Trigger? That came out like '95 or '96 right? I know I beat it but I don't remember anything about it.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I think it was a few years before that...like 93 or 94, but I'm not sure.

E20
04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
There's a damn good reason for the pricing. Besides, you think that's bad, check prices for Valkyrie Profile.

E20, no, I don't. I dislike Cloud as a character. Deal with it.
I'm not gonna deal with it. If you just take into consideration FF VII and no spinoffs, sequels, prequels and all that bull shit Cloud is AWESOME. :elephant :elephant

Cloud > Squall
Cloud > Zidane
Cloud > Tidus
Cloud > Terra

I don't play FF XII or anything like it's gotten pretty horrible, but Cloud >> any of them as well.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't like him. He came across as too whiny (yes, I've played FFX, and I agree, Tidus is worse), I hated the fact that I *had* to have him in my party unless plot removed him and, other than my first few playthroughs, he was never my main guy.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm not gonna deal with it. If you just take into consideration FF VII and no spinoffs, sequels, prequels and all that bull shit Cloud is AWESOME. :elephant :elephant

Cloud > Squall
Cloud > Zidane
Cloud > Tidus
Cloud > Terra

I don't play FF XII or anything like it's gotten pretty horrible, but Cloud >> any of them as well.
I'll give you Squall and Tidus, and maybe Terra, but not Zidane.

Also,

Fei > Cloud

Ramza > Cloud

Delita > Cloud

Cecil > Cloud.

Also, I *JUST* found my copy of Legend of Dragoon. I squee'd.

E20
04-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't see how he comes of as whiney. In teh begining he seemed cold hearted and as the game progressed he became the more traditional hero (much like Squall). If people bag on cloud for being not who really then all of FF main characters are prone to the same flaw.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't see how he comes of as whiney. In teh begining he seemed cold hearted and as the game progressed he became the more traditional hero (much like Squall). If people bag on cloud for being not who really then all of FF main characters are prone to the same flaw.
Oh, I'm with you on Squall. Part of the reason I couldn't finish 8, but I need to give it another shot, just 'cause. As for Cloud, that motorcycle FMV *was* pretty fuckin' awesome.

E20
04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I'll give you Squall and Tidus, and maybe Terra, but not Zidane.

Also,

Fei > Cloud

Ramza > Cloud

Delita > Cloud

Cecil > Cloud.

Also, I *JUST* found my copy of Legend of Dragoon. I squee'd.
In what terms coolness or badassness? Because I can a case for Cloud against all of them and in a fight cloud would pwn them. Cloud >> Zidane, you are totally wrong about that one, it is almost on par with when you said that Kuja > Sephiroth.

E20
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh, I'm with you on Squall. Part of the reason I couldn't finish 8, but I need to give it another shot, just 'cause. As for Cloud, that motorcycle FMV *was* pretty fuckin' awesome.
I liked FF8 it had a good story line it could have done w/o the love bull shit, but the storyline implies a lot without sayhing anything like Laguna is Squall's dad and Ultmecia is actually Rinoa.

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 11:08 PM
In what terms coolness or badassness? Because I can a case for Cloud against all of them and in a fight cloud would pwn them. Cloud >> Zidane, you are totally wrong about that one, it is almost on par with when you said that Kuja > Sephiroth.
Neither. Coolness and badassness are subjective, and I don't do Coliseums anymore. I'm just giving my opinion on which characters I like better. And I didn't say Kuja was better than Sephiroth. I said Kefka. And I misspoke in saying that Kefka would own Sephiroth. In a fight, no, he wouldn't. In terms of who's a better villain, though, yeah, I think he would.

E20
04-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Shagia you gotta watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7OFy7ns-e0&feature=related

Wait until Auron's "real" theme I LOL'D!!

Hank the Tank
04-03-2008, 11:53 PM
E20 you remind me of myself as I read this thread. FFVII is definately my favorite game, but you should definately give Crisis Core a try (it is the only spinoff that is any good). Zack is my favorite character now...followed by Cloud.

I have to say though...the Turks in 7 are some of the coolest kickass characters in any game. (I absolutely hated how they were portrayed in Advent Children...fuckin comic relief...bullshit) I loved the part where they joined sides with Cloud.

In fact, after beating CC, I'm definately gonna get around to replay 7 again (for the billionth time).

Mister Sinister
04-04-2008, 12:33 AM
The Turks had some of the best music I have ever heard in an RPG. Right up there with One Winged Angel and Dark Messenger.

SA Pride
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
^^True, the Turks have coolest music I've heard in a Final Fantasy game. (Can anyone find the Turks' Boss battle music from Disc 2? It was the final battle with the Turks.)

E20
04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
^^True, the Turks have coolest music I've heard in a Final Fantasy game. (Can anyone find the Turks' Boss battle music from Disc 2? It was the final battle with the Turks.)
That battle where your raid Midgar is optional and they use the regular battle music. All you really have to do is hit Reno twice and hte battle is over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fbvGgT3rtY&feature=related

Also a pet peeve of mine is when people name the characters something else, I always use their real names.

SA Pride
04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
^^For some reason, I thought the Turks had their own Boss battle music. Strange...Anyways thanks for sharing that.

SA Pride
04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
[E20]Also a pet peeve of mine is when people name the characters something else, I always use their real names.[]

True, I never could get into naming your characters differently. It feels weird too.

Hank the Tank
04-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Also a pet peeve of mine is when people name the characters something else, I always use their real names.
Haha. Evilsizer. what a name...and andrew for cloud. wow.

Mister Sinister
04-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Same here, with the occasional exception of Tactics. I'll occasionally rename Ramza as Hideyori (Name of a character I created, plus one of my nicknames...and I just like the sound of the name), but that's it.

SA Pride
04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
^^Hm...

ancestron
04-07-2008, 09:37 AM
This kid is unbelievable.
4Ukr7RvBy0w

all the limit breaks in 7 set to one-winged angel
Gs866stRx3o

E20
04-07-2008, 09:49 AM
The piano guy is crazy.
I;d actually like the video better of the limit one if the sfx were there, that was the best part of the limit for me lol the sound effects.
mIrNUjsY5N0

SA Pride
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
^^^wow... those videos you have really impress. Especially the FF12 summon video.

Hank the Tank
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
this guy did an amazing job recreating 7.

wpgQ_Zzj7AQ

i have to say, ff7 has 3 of the coolest moves in gaming history i think.

Cloud's Omnislash.
Sephiroth's Super Nova
and the super long summon Knights of the Round.

SA Pride
04-07-2008, 10:27 PM
^^Great Youtube videos there. Damn! These people must have too much time on their hands to create all this.

ancestron
04-08-2008, 01:20 AM
fuckin A. FF7 FTW

ancestron
04-08-2008, 01:24 AM
The piano guy is crazy.
I;d actually like the video better of the limit one if the sfx were there, that was the best part of the limit for me lol the sound effects.
mIrNUjsY5N0

btw dude the battle sounds are there they are just mixed lower than the theme song, though I agree they could've been more prominent.

SA Pride
04-08-2008, 06:16 PM
^^Hmm....