PDA

View Full Version : Are we built for the playoffs?

spursfantd
03-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Hey guys new poster here i have a serious is this team really good enough to make the playoffs or get out of round 1? I mean the spurs look like 200 years old out on the court duncan can't score anymore like he us to, horry is atleast trying but can't knock down a shot eaither we have no true leader at the pg position sorry but parker is a joke and cant play defense pass or score so what do you guys think will we make the playoffs or choke and get into the lottery which i honestly think would be better for us getting a high lottery pick then making the playoffs that way we could look for duncan replacment since he will be gone after this year

eisfeld
03-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Hey guys new poster here i have a serious is this team really good enough to make the playoffs or get out of round 1? I mean the spurs look like 200 years old out on the court duncan can't score anymore like he us to, horry is atleast trying but can't knock down a shot eaither we have no true leader at the pg position sorry but parker is a joke and cant play defense pass or score so what do you guys think will we make the playoffs or choke and get into the lottery which i honestly think would be better for us getting a high lottery pick then making the playoffs that way we could look for duncan replacment since he will be gone after this year

Sounds a lot like SHAQOWNSDUNCAN... back from being banned?

spursfantd
03-25-2008, 05:02 AM
nope i'm not him i am a true spurs fan have been my entire life

Kamnik
03-25-2008, 05:36 AM
Spurs won 3 championships in last years with the same core...

I'd say yes! :toast

genomefreak13
03-25-2008, 05:50 AM
nope i'm not him i am a true spurs fan have been my entire life

For a true spurs fan, you certainly doesn't have any faith in your team. If you look at the standings, SA isn't really doing bad. it's just that all teams are similarly strong in the western conference.

So young poster, you better re-commit to your team. You certainly lack it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Yup, bball99 again... freakin trolls. :pctoss

xtremesteven33
03-25-2008, 06:12 AM
ARE we built for the playoffs?

of course!!!

Were definitely not built for the season this year. Popovich has been giving his guys limited minutes every game and saving all his halftime speeches for the playoffs....And plus the Spurs dont care where they are seeded this year as long as they dont have a 7 or 8......

Of course were built for the playoffs.....this thread is ridicuolous.....

ancestron
03-25-2008, 08:23 AM
What the fuck, man? Duncan can't score anymore? Thats news to me. Parker is a joke? The only joke is you, buddy. Jump off the bandwagon broseph. "Fans" like you disgust me.

mathbzh
03-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Duncan can't score, Parker is a joke...

What next? Gino doesn't have heart? Bowen can't play defense?

Indazone
03-25-2008, 08:42 AM
I think the Spurs play an average game during the season and lose a fair amount. But in a 7 game series when they have time to figure out their opponent, it's like a war out there and the Big Three usually own the court. If it were a one and done scenario, the Spurs would be in trouble but it's not so the Spurs have a great chance of repeating.

wildchild
03-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Parker is a joke? the Finals NBA's mvp is a joke. yeah!

Your post just made you look stupid.

More crazy people on ST.

honestfool84
03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I think the Spurs play an average game during the season and lose a fair amount. But in a 7 game series when they have time to figure out their opponent, it's like a war out there and the Big Three usually own the court. If it were a one and done scenario, the Spurs would be in trouble but it's not so the Spurs have a great chance of repeating.

TRUTH.

duncan228
03-25-2008, 09:41 AM
...duncan can't score anymore like he us to

...that way we could look for duncan replacment since he will be gone after this year

:lmao

himat
03-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Yes. They proved that in Dallas when they won with only defense. I think they shot below 30%.

Dex
03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
period, comma, question mark.

These are words you should research next time you get some free time.

MajorMike
03-25-2008, 01:30 PM
We built this city

Brutalis
03-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Q: Are we built for the playoffs?
A: Do dogs bark and cats meow?

Brutalis
03-25-2008, 01:34 PM
We built this city
on rock n roll?

sa_butta
03-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey guys new poster here i have a serious is this team really good enough to make the playoffs or get out of round 1? I mean the spurs look like 200 years old out on the court duncan can't score anymore like he us to, horry is atleast trying but can't knock down a shot eaither we have no true leader at the pg position sorry but parker is a joke and cant play defense pass or score so what do you guys think will we make the playoffs or choke and get into the lottery which i honestly think would be better for us getting a high lottery pick then making the playoffs that way we could look for duncan replacment since he will be gone after this yearFirst of all that is the longest run on sentence I have ever seen. Secondly how can you call yourself a fan if you think it is best for us to be lottery team? Why not do the best we can and try to win one this year??

Indazone
03-25-2008, 01:55 PM
In the end, I think you'll probably see a repeat from last year Suns vs Spurs but this time you'll have a big big big hurdle to climb over.

Shaq vs Duncan

peewee's lovechild
03-25-2008, 01:58 PM
We're built for world domination.

We could take on all the Muslim extremeists and kick their asses.

That's how good we're built.

peewee's lovechild
03-25-2008, 01:59 PM
We could have ended the cold war with one startegic basketball game vs. the world.

ATRAIN
03-25-2008, 02:03 PM

Duncan could find Osama if he wanted to!!!

spursfan09
03-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Well they sure as hell weren't built for the reg season, and these back to backs.

nfg3
03-25-2008, 03:02 PM
It's pretty obvious that you haven't either followed the Spurs for any length of time or if you have then your BB IQ needs improvement. There are countless threads in ST discussing why the Spurs use the regular season to position themselves for the post season. This team is built for the way post season BB is played which is one of the reasons why many trolls hate us since we're so boring, dirty, old...etc ...ad nauseum.

Anyway the Spurs are going for 5 and the lottery isn't even be considered. True fans know that this team is built to win chanpionships and not ping pong balls.

bresilhac
03-25-2008, 07:15 PM
It's pretty obvious that you haven't either followed the Spurs for any length of time or if you have then your BB IQ needs improvement. There are countless threads in ST discussing why the Spurs use the regular season to position themselves for the post season. This team is built for the way post season BB is played which is one of the reasons why many trolls hate us since we're so boring, dirty, old...etc ...ad nauseum.

Anyway the Spurs are going for 5 and the lottery isn't even be considered. True fans know that this team is built to win chanpionships and not ping pong balls.

Well put. I would concur that the Spurs are a machine in that they are specifically designed to succeed in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see if the Celtics and Pistons can exhibit the same knack for playoff success that the Spurs have managed for so long now.

Borosai
03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
The better question is: "Are they built for speed or for comfort?"

WalterBenitez
03-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Universe is out there too :D