PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection

stretch
03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
I just saw yesterday that this was released back on the 18th or something like that. I had always heard rumors about it, but didn't know it was coming out that soon. But I heard MGS1 is still in the PSone format, so the graphics still kinda suck and you have to use a PSone memory card, unless you have a PS3.

I really wish they would remake the first one, as it kicked total ass. I know they sorta did for the gamecube, but im not about to go buy a gamecube just for that.

E20
03-25-2008, 09:18 AM
MGS series kicks ass because the story is really great, almost oscar worthy. I've played the orginial and it's pretty awesome, I love how you're supposed to look in the back of the CD to find Merrils(sp) radio codec number, took me like a day to find out, also the boss battles are pretty epic, especially the Revovler Ocelot, that guy reeks of badassness. MGS2 was good, but it sorta sucked when you had play as Rayden and not Snake. I have MGS3 never got around to playing it, but it probably kicks ass.

Solid Snake > Any one man who takes out a group, Jack Bauer, Chuck Norris etc....

*Except for Rambo

stretch
03-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Solid Snake kicks ass.

and I agree on the Rayden thing on MGS2. That dude was a puss. Snake is a fuckin beast.

I haven't played MGS3 either, but I hear its really damn good.

Mel Brooks
03-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Solid Snake knows the combination to my luggage!

BruceBowenFan
03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
mgs2 wasnt really my favorite to play and switching from snake to rayden was gay but i cant wait for mgs4:guns of the patriots

Hank the Tank
03-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Solid Snake is sweet!

I have to say MGS has the best boss fights bar none.

Psycho Mantis was perhaps the coolest of the bunch. "I can read your mind."

Revolver Ocelot and Liquid Snake are badasses as well....as is that ninja.....Raiden however.....not so much.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
MGS 1 is one of my fav games of all time. The stealth aspect of the game (leaning against wall/crates) was pretty revolutionary I think. I'm not an expert on gaming or anything but I can't think of any games before that which used it.

I can't think of a time I was as mesmerized seeing/playing a game for the first time as MGS2. When I saw/played the demo for the first time I had never seen a game as visually realistic and gameplay-realistic as it (shooting the lights, hiding in lockers, enemy AI).

Now that I have an XBOX 360 i'm looking forward to playing the ones that have came out after it.

stretch
03-25-2008, 10:19 PM
MGS1 is my favorite game of all time. I really wish they would have remade it for PS2 with the MGS2 type gameplay/graphics. That would be hands down the greatest game EVER.

Mister Sinister
03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
I almost bought this last night. But I decided on Warriors Orochi for 360 instead.

NASpurs
03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
I still haven't beat MGS 3 :(

I thought the game was too hard for me and frustrating. I'll give it another whirl in the summer.

BruceBowenFan
03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
great ending for mgs3 the only reason i bought the ps3 was for mgs4