View Full Version : CIA POP AT WORK (PO seedings)

BonnerDynasty
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Classic CIA Pop manipulating Spurs' standings. It's a beautiful thing.

With the West race so close it is so easy for CIA POP to do. Think about it.

Over the last 10 years, the Spurs have built a dynasty on closing out games and a late season push into the playoffs. This year? Not so much all of a sudden. Coincidence? No way!

Why do Spurs want high seed only to meet up with Dallas in first round!? (pre dirk injury) No way!

Why do Spurs want 5th place so they can meet up with Utah (who has locked up 4th place) when they can have HOU or PHX in the first round instead? Exactly!

Why do Spurs want to bust ass for high seed when they just can meet the Lakers in first round with a limp Bynum! Think about it!

We all know what he is up to.

Pop will lose tonight! Book it!

Or we win tonight to move up and catch a sliding HOU!!!

The Dirk injury changes everything though.

xtremesteven33
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
i think the #2 spot would be ideal for the Spurs....

y?

-Lakers are going to stay at #1 (easiest remaining schedule in West), and you dont want to face these guys in the first or second round...hopefully somebody would eliminate them in the previous rounds.....

-im thinking the Warriors are gonna get the #7 spot (Dallas is not gonna make the playoffs and Denver will get #8 spot) and the Warriors match up horribly with the Spurs and the Spurs would just DOMINATE the warriors, almost kinda like the Jazz last year.

Pop knows its all about matchups this year...two teams the Spurs DO NOT want to see this year would be Phoenix and Lakers.....

Shank
03-25-2008, 09:18 AM
That's just stupid.

xtremesteven33
03-25-2008, 09:21 AM
That's just stupid.

Dallas Fan? sorry about your season man, but JKIDD cant ressurect this team....theyre done....

spurster
03-25-2008, 09:23 AM
With the top 6 West teams separated by 3 games (top 9 separated by 6) the seedings will be next to impossible to manipulate. Trying to play it cute can put you out of the playoffs.

xtremesteven33
03-25-2008, 09:24 AM
With the top 6 West teams separated by 3 games (top 9 separated by 6) the seedings will be next to impossible to manipulate. Trying to play it cute can put you out of the playoffs.

of course theyre not gonna try and win some and lose some on purpose....

im just saying that the #2 spot would be IDEAL for the Spurs

degenerate_gambler
03-25-2008, 09:26 AM
...two teams the Spurs DO NOT want to see this year would be Phoenix and Lakers.....

you don't really believe all the CIA crap do you?

Yeah let's just forget about New Orleans....we've matched up and pounded them every game this year.

SouthernFried
03-25-2008, 09:27 AM
funny thread

The Truth #6
03-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I think Pop's comments are more about trying to give his team confidence in case they don't have HCA, then they are anything close to him trying to lose games. That's completely insane. With so few games separating every team, we could miss the playoffs completely. And with the team still trying to find their rhythm, there's even less reason to not try to win.

DazedAndConfused
03-25-2008, 09:55 AM
To think the Spurs are tanking games on purpose to avoid a potentially bad 1st round matchup is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You do realize there are about 4 games separating the #1 and #8 seed right? The entire conference will play musical chairs in the standings and it's doubtful we won't know who plays who until the very last few games of the season. Your team has to be ready and willing to play anyone to get out of the WC. There will be no Lebron James cakewalk to the Finals in the Western Conference.

eisfeld
03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
No way they're tanking - It's too risky and I'm quite sure that would be against all the Spurs stand for. The 2nd Seed is indeed the best for the Spurs - considering who we might meed in the first round. Other than that I don't care. They will do their best against every team. And to be honest - the only team I'm really scared about is the Hornets.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM

wow...

some_user86
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
No way they're tanking - It's too risky and I'm quite sure that would be against all the Spurs stand for. The 2nd Seed is indeed the best for the Spurs - considering who we might meed in the first round. Other than that I don't care. They will do their best against every team. And to be honest - the only team I'm really scared about is the Hornets.

+1, the Hornets are a horrible matchup and the only team I really fear

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-25-2008, 11:16 AM

The Dirk injury changes everything though.

WTF?!!! :lol

BonnerDynasty
03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
The Spurs don't want to see the Lakers? Are you fucking kidding me?

WHY NOT MEET THEM EARLY ON (before bynum comes back, or JUST AS he comes back) and knock them out EARLY before they can reach full strength. You would rather rely on someone else to do your work for you?

Trying to meet them as early as possible would be genius.

CIA POP genius.

NO? The Hornets? Who? You think that noob team can beat us in the PLAYOFFS. These dinky ass meetings were not 7 game series. Half of NO doesn't even know where the Arena is located let alone that their city still has a basketball team. HCA for those guys means nothing.

We don't have to keep playing this doubt game guys. The secret won't reach the natl media. b/c they don't care about the Spurs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
To think the Spurs are tanking games on purpose to avoid a potentially bad 1st round matchup is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You do realize there are about 4 games separating the #1 and #8 seed right? The entire conference will play musical chairs in the standings and it's doubtful we won't know who plays who until the very last few games of the season. Your team has to be ready and willing to play anyone to get out of the WC. There will be no Lebron James cakewalk to the Finals in the Western Conference.

What he said.

BonnerDynasty
03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
To think the Spurs are tanking games on purpose to avoid a potentially bad 1st round matchup is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So the Spurs going against DALLAS (pre dirk injury) is not as dangerous as going against a noob team like NO in the first round? Keep in mind Dallas plays its best against the Spurs, Dirk always goes off on the Spurs, etc etc.

You do realize there are about 4 games separating the #1 and #8 seed right? The entire conference will play musical chairs in the standings and it's doubtful we won't know who plays who until the very last few games of the season.
It's not that dangerous b/c it is so close. If one team above us loses, Spurs just pop back up into their safety net. HOU will sliiiiiiiiide down and our only competition would have been GS and Denver. Two good teams but c'mon.

Your team has to be ready and willing to play anyone to get out of the WC. There will be no Lebron James cakewalk to the Finals in the Western Conference.

Which is why the Spurs need to be smart about this and feed off the weak in the first round and let the other big dogs tear each other apart. Losing Dallas out of the playoffs HURTS the Spurs b/c that is one less enemy that could have killed another enemy.

High Risk, High Reward.

CIA POP CERTIFIED.

Having a healthy Dallas team was the key to this system so now we will never see CIA POP's great plan materialize. However, I applaud CIA POP for his brass and intelligence and commend him with this thread.

xtremesteven33
03-25-2008, 11:49 AM
haha....bonner dynasty

O-Factor
03-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't give a fuck who we play in each round. We can beat anybody in a 7 game series. We just have to get our swagger back, which we are doing anyway.

ancestron
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Pop at home-
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee172/dawg098/DarthSidiousWallpaper.jpg

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design..."

The Truth #6
03-25-2008, 02:08 PM
At first I thought you might be joking. What other secrets is Pop planning? Benching Bonner for the 2nd half of the season so we can unleash him in the playoffs on an unexpected powerhouse!

nfg3
03-25-2008, 02:49 PM
This thread - bored with nothing to do so let's make something up. There is no way any coach can or would try ot manipulate the seedings in this year's race. Impossible to do and if you try and slip up then the possibility of missing the playoffs exists. Too risky. Pop probably wants the team to just continue to improve and play well heading into the playoffs while avoiding injury.

Health is critical - If the Big 3 are healthy going into the playoffs I'll take my chances with the Spurs.

honestfool84
03-25-2008, 04:30 PM
naive, maybe, but what is CIA POP?

ancestron
03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
naive, maybe, but what is CIA POP?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

honestfool84
03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

you suck.

hater
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
well, all I can say IF there's one coach in the league that is manipulating games for his advantage in the playoffs it would have to be Pop.