PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Matt Barnes for Next Year

The Truth #6
03-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Here's an interesting article about Matt Barnes and how low his value has dropped.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/809280.html

In my opinion this would be in the Spurs style of getting a player with promise who's value has dropped.

Not sure if this has already been suggested lately.

monosylab1k
03-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Even more reason for me to hate the Spurs. I think I despise Matt Barnes more than any player ever in NBA history.

hater
03-25-2008, 04:22 PM
no thanks

thispego
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Even more reason for me to hate the Spurs. I think I despise Matt Barnes more than any player ever in NBA history.
he did have some pretty sick dunks and shots in round 1 last year for a scrub

DazedAndConfused
03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Why on earth would you want Matt Barnes?

The Truth #6
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I think he would come cheap and has great energy and athleticism. He's questionable with his composure but I think it's worth the risk for a possible low payout. Pop has always been open to having one 'bad egg' on the team if they have something to offer. If he was a better outside shooter, then that would be ideal, but I think Barry might be around next year.

Would I take him over another year of Finley? Hell, yes.

The Truth #6
03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Why on earth would you want Matt Barnes?

Because our team is old as old man mcgirt and we need athleticism on the wing, I don't know, that, and also that no American youth ever wants to come here.

Twisted_Dawg
03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Matt Barnes finished very strong in the playoffs last year against Dallas. But he has had a very average year. Plus I think he is reluctant to leave Northern California. If we want a Golden State player, why not Mickael Pietrus? His contract is also up and he is an athletic long swing guy. He has been on a hot spell lately. Not sure if he would sign for the MLE though.

DazedAndConfused
03-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Pietrus is the guy you should be looking at. His skills are being wasted over in GSW. He is kind of dumb though.

The Truth #6
03-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I agree Pietrus has better potential but his low BB IQ wouldn't fit in well here. Perhaps Barnes wouldn't do much better, but I think if the price is right it's worth considering.

Kori Ellis
03-25-2008, 05:19 PM
The Spurs have wanted Barnes several times. They have brought him in for numerous workouts almost every time he's been a free agent. He never chooses to play here though... he only wants to play near home after his disaster of an experience with the Sixers. After that year, he almost quit basketball and went to the NFL.

Twisted_Dawg
03-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Pietrus is the guy you should be looking at. His skills are being wasted over in GSW. He is kind of dumb though.

......Stephen Jackson ain't no rocket scientist either and he is a pretty solid player. Right now we could use Jax's athleticism and Ghetto attitude.

Bruno
03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I rather go after Azubuike.

Lebowski Brickowski
03-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Barnes is my favorite player on GS and I always thought he would be a great fit here in SA. It's good to hear that SA has tried to get him. If he could get over whatever it is, I bet he'd love it here. Plus he'd be a total fan favorite instantly just because of his hustle and mohawk (if he still had the 'hawk).

DazedAndConfused
03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
That Azubike kid has some real talent. He would be a good fit for SAS, he's a much better version of Udoka in pretty much all aspects.

urunobili
03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I rather go after Azubuike.
+1

Bringing Barnes would be a move just to piss off the Mavs :wakeup

DynastyBuilder
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd rather have Monta Ellis

SenorSpur
03-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Here's an interesting article about Matt Barnes and how low his value has dropped.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/809280.html

In my opinion this would be in the Spurs style of getting a player with promise who's value has dropped.

Not sure if this has already been suggested lately.

As many have said, if the Spurs were looking at options off the Warriors roster, then Pietrus would be the one I'd start with. There will be other options available. In fact, I'd rather the Spurs first explore the following options: (in order)

James Jones - Portland
Mickael Pietrus - Golden State
Jarvis Hayes - Detroit
Josh Childress - Atlanta
Trevor Ariza - Los Angeles Fakers
Ryan Gomes - Boston

If they could not get one of these options, then perhaps Matt Barnes. But as some have said, don't expect him to leave Northern California.